| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262 ... 310  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:43 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Ariann wrote:
I was comparing their hair, too! Ada's is always so fun to look at. Did Ada start out dark or are they going to be different? I was born with black hair (it got lighter) , but have sisters with seriously red and dirty blonde hair. Love the variety.

Ada had blond from the beginning so I'm guessing Alice is going to stay dark? I'm really curious what color eyes she's going to end up having.

We're all doing good. I feel much better today and actually walked to the pediatrician's office. Ada was actually fine on Friday when we left before she even woke up and she didn't see my husband until the next morning (he went back to sleep at our apartment a few hours after I gave birth so he could be there in the morning). My mom even got her to nap! On saturday my husband brought her to the hospital when they woke up but then he took her back home and left her with my mom again. When we all came home from the hospital later in the day Ada was sitting on my mom crying :-( and then when my mom stopped by yesterday she got upset because she thought we were leaving her again. But other than that she seems to be adjusting. And surprisingly she's perfectly fine with Alice nursing all of the time and hasn't asked to nurse more. She gives Alice kisses on the head and says I love you to her. I'm definitely feeling a little sad that I can't give my full attention to her but I'm hoping now that I'm starting to feel better I can try to do some things with her by herself.

Crabby, I hope you're hanging in there! So soon for you!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:51 pm 
Semen Strong

So glad you feel better and thanks for sharing your experience! So great that you didn't have to spend a lot of time in the hospital so you didn't have to leave Ada too long. I can imagine that after having Ada be the center of your attention for 2 years, its pretty hard to feel like you can't give her all the energy you used to. I think most stuff I've read focuses on how the other child reacts to the change, but its interesting that you as the mother also feel the loss. And I love the idea of planning things to do together alone.

Sending many good thoughts to you all!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:29 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Glad to hear it's going well. I too, wondered about that whole idea of going from the two amigas to two amigas plus one. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:24 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

39W+3D. Dear god people, send help.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:53 am 
Semen Strong

Crabby you look amazing!

refinnej wrote:
Glad to hear it's going well. I too, wondered about that whole idea of going from the two amigas to two amigas plus one. :)

I am giving you the Amigo salute right now.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:22 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Crabby, what a lovely belly! Sending lots of good wishes for your little one to arrive soon!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:05 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Aww, sashi, that's such a great pic of you and family. Congrats on your new addition!

You look great, Crabby-- what a gorgeous belly!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:55 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Here's what I did today:

Made cake, made frosting, frosted cake & put on candles, ironed and wrapped Beet's birthday sweater (which I finished earlier this week), made 3 meals + snacks, made enough pasta salad for 2 extra days, made extra chick peas to freeze, cut Beet's hair (since Raygold had already given it a trim), did laundry, did dishes, cleaned a bathroom. I'm sure I did something else, too.
I forgot to homeschool and didn't get the chance to vacuum the foyer. I still need to exercise, but I might just do 20-30 minutes instead of the full 40 because I've been on my feet all day and they are getting pretty sore.

I never had false labour before this pregnancy, but I had false labour for 2 hours about 5 nights ago that went away as soon as I got up to make myself something to eat. I was convinced it was real labour until the contractions didn't return. I still have one or two a night, as if my body is taunting me. "Hahaha, sucker! You fell for it again! No labour for you!"

I think this baby is going to be huge. I hope it's going to be huge. Either that or I have a lot of exercise ahead of me. One of us put on a pound in the last few days. Have I mentioned that even a few weeks ago, I couldn't fit into the shirt I wore on the way to the hospital to give birth to Raygold?! I'm outgrowing my maternity shirts. I wasn't even this big with Beet, I don't think!

I'm exhausted, but I still feel like tidying. Help! I need to go into labour so this madness stops. ;D

P.S. If I go into labour before we whip out Beet's birthday cake tomorrow, I am totally going to cut myself a big fat slice and eat it before my labour gets too crazy.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:01 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Crabby, i dub thee torpedo belly. that is one serious belly!!!

good luck! looks ready to pop at any moment!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:09 pm 
***LIES!!!***

How cool if Vax and Beet wound up with the same birthday (which they would then also share with me, making it even cooler).

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:50 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

LisaPunk wrote:
Crabby, i dub thee torpedo belly. that is one serious belly!!!

I need one of these bras to go with it:

And Ariann, might I just say that you have a VERY good birthdate (and I wish you many happy returns).

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:12 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

AHAHAHAHAHAH NICE!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:54 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Whoa belly! You look amazing Crabby. I can't believe you're still exercising, cooking and cleaning away. I was dancing with Ada for an hour (and hopping and jumping) the day before I went into labor and I'm thinking that did it for me. Ha.
Also, I have not watched Tank Girl in forever.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:21 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I'm 16 weeks and just started getting Braxton Hicks. Second pregnancies are a bummer!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:40 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Braxton Hicks were the least of my problems during my second pregnancy (mind you, BHs don't tend to be much of a bother to me) -- that said, my second labour was SO much easier than my first.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:39 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

holy crepe, Crabby, your belly is amazing! Next time I want one that looks like that! hehe

Hope Beet had a great birthday, and assuming you aren't popping right now.. it's probably nice that Vax will get a birthday of his own... but hopefully very soon!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:34 pm 

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
Braxton Hicks were the least of my problems during my second pregnancy (mind you, BHs don't tend to be much of a bother to me) -- that said, my second labour was SO much easier than my first.

Haha, I know, I'm just waiting for the point where I'm kicking myself for complaining about BH!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:05 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

mandycoot wrote:
TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:

Haha, I know, I'm just waiting for the point where I'm kicking myself for complaining about BH!

I didn't really get BH with my second, but I was exhausted the whole time. The labour was quicker and easier though! I hope your pregnancy is nice and smooth!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:41 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i dont think i ever had a single braxton hicks contraction.
but i also never went into real labor where you time shiitake and say "oh it's time to go to the hospital"

i never do things the normal way! >_<

my sister in law was due yesterday! new cousin (first cousin on my husband's side) due imminently!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:03 pm 

Hope you've tucked into some birthday cake and that the sugar rush will get Vax moving and grooving!

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:19 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

mandycoot wrote:
TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:

How was morning sickness? How is the second trimester treating you?

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:40 am 

Official pregnancy update! The first trimester was totally different from my pregnancy with Sven. I actually had no nausea, which should have been an incredible blessing, but the ability to express gratitude was clouded in my brain by the most horrible gas and digestive pain no matter what I ate or drank (including taking a sip of water). It was a rough few months and I was pretty miserable and making everyone else miserable too! Man, I had no idea how good I had it the first time when I wasn't responsible for keeping a toddler alive.

Fortunately right at 13-14 weeks all the first trimester crumminess seemed to melt away and I started to feel amazing (and be able to eat all kinds of delicious food again!). Until the BH started I was able to forget about being pregnant entirely. I reeeally shouldn't complain though, I feel 800x better than I did three weeks ago! It's just a little surprising that all my third trimester symptoms from #1 seem to be starting already with #2.

I'm 16.5 weeks now. Here's a belly shot from a few days ago:

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:35 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Ugh! Sorry your first trimester was so crummy but it sounds like you're feeling a lot better so yay for that!!!

I know we're supposed to be looking at your cute lil baby bump but I'm mesmerized by your awesome tattoos & cool underwear

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:49 am 

What Lisa said. :) Pretty hot for a pregnant lady, heh.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:05 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

What a cute, tiny baby bump! I am bigger than that sometimes when I get too gassy! ;D

> but the ability to express gratitude was clouded in my brain by the most horrible gas and digestive pain no matter what I ate or drank (including taking a sip of water)
OMG. YES. I get like that sometimes now! Sometimes I have evil acid stomach for no reason and when I am also very thirsty, it totally stinks because I know it will hurt and then I will be plagued by acid burps for the next million years.

I second what Refinnej said, you are totally a hot pregnant lady!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262 ... 310  Next