| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271 ... 311  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:47 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I just read all this, I'm so sorry tofulish. I told Nate that if I ever were to get pregnant again I would talk about it right away because I would want the support of friends and family from the beginning. I hope you are getting the support you need.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:54 pm 
Semen Strong

I definitely think that makes sense LB! I think it was great to have a lot of kind people reach out to me, and definitely made me feel like I wasn't alone, when I was going through it. And thanks to everyone for all the kind thoughts.

For me, once it was confirmed that my pregnancy wasn't viable, I didn't experience many feelings of loss. I don't want to minimize anyone else's experience, but we weren't trying for another and this pregnancy was just so early - 7 weeks - with us knowing about it for 3, so I wasn't very attached to the pregnancy or the idea of another baby. My miscarriage was also really easy - I thought the cytotec worked really well and was nearly painless, and I can definitely see that I would have needed more time to heal had it been a more invasive procedure.

Its funny, but being pregnant for even a few weeks also reminded me that my pregnancy with L was harder on me than I remembered. I was so tired, my milk supply dried up a lot, my nipples were crazy sore, L nursed even more to get a bit of milk and then would wake up crying and beg for water, and even at 7 weeks pregnant it was hard to lift Leela. And then after having L, I needed PT for 6 months to get my knees back in shape. And there is an increasingly loud voice in me that says that I really don't want to go through the newborn stage ever again. And at 42, there are increased risks of another miscarriage, genetic issues etc and I wonder if its worth the risk of trying again. And that was all with good insurance - going through all the hoops for the crappy insurance I now have and trying to figure out what was going to be covered etc was a giant PITA. There is definitely a part of me that feels relieved about getting to focus more on L and not trying to manage her plus a pregnancy. I would love to give her a sibling though, so maybe in a few months, when I can get our ducks better in a row, we can revisit the issue :) But even if we just have L, we are already so blessed.

Sending lots of gratitude and wonderful thoughts to all the kind PPKers who gave me so much kindness through my pregnancies and especially to the pregnant PPKers out there! I am looking forward to seeing the new crop of PPKbabies!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:40 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Oh no... I'm so sorry! *hugs*

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:16 pm 
Semen Strong

Thanks! I really appreciate everyone's kind thoughts, but don't want to take up any more real estate in this thread!

I'm psyched to hear about other people's happy news and am hoping there are lots of joyous updates!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:17 pm 
Saggy Butt

I'm officially in the third trimester now! I really can't believe how fast this is going. We are in no way prepared to have another baby!

28 week pic (with a bonus 19 month old):

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:43 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Sven and Soon-to-Arrive-Svenrietta! You look great! (And is that your new bathroom?)

According to the calendar, I will be 8 week tomorrow! I think it's probably a week or so off, but I see the doc in 2 weeks. I took a test 2 weeks ago and nearly vomited at the result. Even though we had talked about #2, I had only had one period and figured it would be at least a few more months before another. The timing is perfect though if it ends up being an April baby, because I will get nearly 5 months off (maternity leave and summer vacation).

Other than that... I have been SUPER thirsty, but taking more than a sip of water makes me nauseous. I can't handle heat or humidity at all. I wake up 2-3 times to go to the bathroom at night... And not to pee (I thought pregnancy was supposed to slow down that whole process?!). And 3 out of 4 nights, Will cries and signs "more milk" when he's done nursing before bed (that breaks my heart!). This is all new to me, because with Will I never had a moment of morning sickness or nausea.

I'm trying to drink fluids as often as I can, and I ordered Happy Mama Spray from EMAB and I'm hoping that helps. School starts next week am I'm also hoping a routine takes my mind off the sickness. It sounds like I'm complaining a lot, but I try to remind myself this is still really mild compared to what other women experience.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:57 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Awe! Cute belly and adorable Sven!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:56 am 
Married to the wolfman

Oh man! Congrats kdub! I think Will is almost exactly the age that E was when I found out I was pregnant again... Definitely had mixed feelings at the beginning but (obviously) it worked out. Hope your morning sickness eases up fast!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:39 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Whoa, how did I miss that? Congrats kdub!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:39 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Congrats kdub!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:25 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Okay, I am just now catching up on all this...

Tlish: Oh dear, I didn't even know. I'm so sorry. M/C's suck!! :( *hugs*

Mandycoot: Svenrietta!!!! Yay! A girl. So happy for you!

Kdub: congrats hun!!

As for me, uhh, DH and I just agreed to NTNP right now until my cycle returns... And then we shall have a talk about actually trying for another... but this is progress. A month ago, if you had asked him, it was a firm NO on having a 3rd. Yesterday, after a little argument, we cuddled and he said he actually wouldn't mind another baby in the future. So that is that. Baby #3 shall be making a belly appearance in '14/'15 (depending on how long it takes for AF to come back and how many months it takes us this time)

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:33 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Okay, I am just now catching up on all this...

Tlish: Oh dear, I didn't even know. I'm so sorry. M/C's suck!! :( *hugs*

Mandycoot: Svenrietta!!!! Yay! A girl. So happy for you!

Kdub: congrats hun!!

As for me, uhh, DH and I just agreed to NTNP right now until my cycle returns... And then we shall have a talk about actually trying for another... but this is progress. A month ago, if you had asked him, it was a firm NO on having a 3rd. Yesterday, after a little argument, we cuddled and he said he actually wouldn't mind another baby in the future. So that is that. Baby #3 shall be making a belly appearance in '14/'15 (depending on how long it takes for AF to come back and how many months it takes us this time)

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:16 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Thanks! Mrdub doesn't want to tell anyone until we see the doc, but I have been bursting to tell someone!

coldandsleepy wrote:
Oh man! Congrats kdub! I think Will is almost exactly the age that E was when I found out I was pregnant again... Definitely had mixed feelings at the beginning but (obviously) it worked out. Hope your morning sickness eases up fast!

This is very reassuring. E & M seem very manageable, at least in picture form!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:48 pm 
Semen Strong

Mandycoot, you look amazing! Happy third trimester! And Sven is just too cute, as always!

And CONGRATULATIONS kdub! How exciting! Sending you tons of good thoughts! There are a fair number of lactogenic foods that are safe in pregnancy, like oatmeal, quinoa etc, even though some (like our old standby fenugreek) are contraindicated. Maybe some of them could help boost your supply for Will? And woohoo for perfect timing!

And congratulations SUH, for getting Mr Stuck unstuck about baby #3!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:49 pm 
Semen Strong

Ugh, sorry for the double posts everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:21 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Tofulish wrote:
And CONGRATULATIONS kdub! How exciting! Sending you tons of good thoughts! There are a fair number of lactogenic foods that are safe in pregnancy, like oatmeal, quinoa etc, even though some (like our old standby fenugreek) are contraindicated. Maybe some of them could help boost your supply for Will? And woohoo for perfect timing!

This might sound awful, but I'm kind of biding time until my doctor's appt to confirm a baby is actually growing and then I'd like to work on weaning Will. My goal was 18 months and it's been uncomfortable the last couple weeks. I have enough freezer stash to last a while once he stops and he's only nursing 2x. I still get anxious everytime I think about cutting him off, but I would also like some time inbetween babies.

I'm happy with the "pregnant and nursing" badge, but I don't think the "tandem nursing" badge is for me :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:59 am 
Chip Strong

Congratulations kdub!!!

You look great mandycoot!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:38 am 
Saggy Butt

Thanks all! (And yep, that's the new bathroom -- almost finished painting)

Congrats kdub!! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling great right now, but I'm happy that the timing will end up being good for you. I weaned when Sven was 15 months and I was about 14 weeks or so. If you feel like it's the right decision for you, there's nothing to feel bad about!

SUH, exciting that you are thinking/planning for #3!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:24 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

mandycoot you look great!!!

congrats kdub! sorry you are feeling crappy!
i also was super duper crazy thirsty when i was pregnant. and i normally drink tons of water anyways so i felt like i needed like a hose or something to quench my thirst.
and water also made me feel ill too :-/
i had such bad acid reflux my entire pregnancy that even water made me feel like i was going to projectile vomit. my husband found something on the internet that claimed drinking hot water helped acid reflux. while i cant say it CURED it it was strangely easier to drink if you can get over the weirdness of drinking a cup of plain hot water.
we had one of those k-cup type coffee machines at work and i would just keep going into the kitchen to get a cup of hot water from it.
then i was drinking so much water that when i ended up in the hospital with preeclampsia they put you on a magnesium IV to prevent seizures and then you are on super duper fluid restriction. i thought i was gonna die. i was like BRING ME MY WATER!! MUST DRINK! SO THIRSTY!! i ended up drinking tap water out of the bathroom sink at the hospital. tee-hee.

(being thirsty has nothing with having preeclampsia, that was just a side note about being thirsty then having it taken away)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:39 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I just want to chime in my congratulations to Kdub and another you really do look great for Mandycoot!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:05 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

LisaPunk wrote:
congrats kdub! sorry you are feeling crappy!
i also was super duper crazy thirsty when i was pregnant. and i normally drink tons of water anyways so i felt like i needed like a hose or something to quench my thirst.
and water also made me feel ill too :-/
i had such bad acid reflux my entire pregnancy that even water made me feel like i was going to projectile vomit. my husband found something on the internet that claimed drinking hot water helped acid reflux. while i cant say it CURED it it was strangely easier to drink if you can get over the weirdness of drinking a cup of plain hot water.
we had one of those k-cup type coffee machines at work and i would just keep going into the kitchen to get a cup of hot water from it.

Thanks for the tip. I've been putting a lime slice in my water the last day or two, and for whatever reason that seems to be helping. I have no problem drinking juice or lemonade, but I don't normally drink either and I don't want to be downing gallons of sugar for 9 months, so for now the lime seems to be doing the trick. I'll keep the hot water in mind if the lime wears off!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:09 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I lived off of cucumber water for weeks while pg with Elijah... Nothing else would want to stay down.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:48 am 
***LIES!!!***

Congratulations kdub! mandycoot - you look adorable (and so does Sven)!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:30 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

stuckunderhere wrote:
I lived off of cucumber water for weeks while pg with Elijah... Nothing else would want to stay down.

Yes, cucumber!! Even in my darkest hour, it was still delicious.

Dang, mandycoot, you look so fine and super fabulous!

And congratulations kdub!!!!!! Morning sickness is horrible, but so, so worth it. And thanks for the lime trick. I'll keep that one in mind for next time!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:36 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

mandycoot, that is a cute pic of you both!

Congrats kdub!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271 ... 311  Next