| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280 ... 299  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:44 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Congratulations bastah!

Glad everything went well at the appointment annak! I hope the nausea doesn't continue. But definitely don't feel bad about the movies. Chasing around a toddler while nauseous just doesn't work.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:13 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

Hey ladies!!

Thanks so much for your advice on the acid reflux issue! I tried and tried lots of different things but have eventually given in and gotten some prescription stuff from the doctor! It's not taken it away completely, but it is helping somewhat!

I'm 21 weeks on Sunday!! It's going so quickly!! I now have a proper bump and the baby kicks have stopped being little tickles and are very prominent kicks, and aren't just every now and then anymore! Haha! All day long!

I've still not been feeling well, but the nausea has gone thank goodness! I'm having usual stuff like back pain and headaches but it's bearable! I was super happy to get my blood test results back a few weeks ago! My iron levels were the maximum level possible! Yay for veganism! And yeah everything with the baby and my blood etc is perfect so yay!

I have my scan on the 13th December, and can't wait to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl! :D and I'm so excited to see the baby again! Last time the baby was super sleepy and hardly moved, so hopefully this time will be different!

I was so sick for the first 16 weeks or so that I lost a load of weight! I've only just started gaining weight (little by little) but I still weigh quite a bit less than I did when I was weighed at my booking appointment! I'm hoping to not gain too much as I want to stay as low risk as possible (hoping for a natural, drug free birth in a birth centre)

I've just finished Birthing From Within and feel like I've learned a lot! Has anyone else read this? I'm starting Ina May's Guide to Childbirth now. Any other books to recommend?

I hope everyone is doing great!
Charis x

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:17 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I'm 21 weeks now... Still tired, but the other symptoms have resolved. I'm pretty sure Braxton Hicks contractions have started too.
I have the 20-week/anantomy scan next week and I'm feeling kind of guilty that I'm not super excited about it. I have about 5 other friends who are pregnant right now who have all found out the sex of baby, and we are not going to... So I'm feeling like it's, I don't know, anticlimactic? I'm sure I will feel differently once I see the limbs that have been jabbing me, but for now I'm more excited about the dinner and movie date mrdub and I have planned afterward!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:36 am 
***LIES!!!***

I felt like my two ultrasounds were super anti-climactic. The 12-week one really just looked like a blob to me and the 20-week one was like, ok, that's a fetus, check. We didn't find out sex, either, but the other pieces were just not that exciting. My u/s looked like every other basically healthy u/s in the world. It was like watching a movie about someone else. The kicking and jabbing itself was much more exciting (especially the couple of times we saw an outline of a hand or foot at the end!).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:42 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I thought ultrasounds were superexciting with E and mostly a pain in my asparagus with M!

But I recently found M's ultrasound printouts while going through a box of sentimental things with E (who mostly wanted to find a bag of Valentine's he'd received) and was surprised how emotional I felt looking at them again.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:43 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Hahaha Ariann I was similar. I was like "ok that's a movie you're showing me and not something in me" in the back of my head I was thinking "am I supposed to be crying???"

Glad to hear so many updates!!!!

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:21 pm 
Nailed to the V

my ultrasounds with Westiebaby were up there with the most exciting things I've ever seen!! We'd found a missed miscarriage at my 12 week ultrasound six months earlier, so seeing her tiny squishy form moving around at the dating scan was the hugest relief and a sight for [literally] sore eyes - [I'd spent a lot of my early pregnancy worried and crying!] And the 20 week ultrasound was incredible because of how big and almost like a recognisable person she was... she refused to turn around the right way so they could get a clear look at her head, so all the printouts we got just show her butt and her spine... for a while there I would say that her spine was my favourite part of her because I loved looking at those darned printouts so much!
The ultrasound my midwife made us get at 41 weeks was less exciting - I wanted a real baby by then!

Awesome news and big congrats Bastah, hope it all keeps going well!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:50 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I've already had a dating and 12-week u/s... Don't get me wrong, I was very excited for those and to confirm there was a growing fetus!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:15 pm 
Nooch of Earl

We just had our first trimester u/s, where dates got adjusted up a little so it turns out I'm at 14 weeks now! Wow.

But this time around the u/s equipment was SO much better than V's first u/s (at the Army hospital, and they didn't have the precision to do the nuchal translucency test even) that in some ways the detail was almost as good as my anatomical screen last time. I was surprised by that and it was a little exciting seeing so much FACE already! We don't plan on finding out the gender ahead of time this time either, but I remember that the thing I found so fascinating about the anatomical screen last time was how detailed the spine and heart were.. I thought that was just amazing - this teeny tiny but perfectly articulated spine! I know I'm a weirdo, but… yeah.

Oh and Violet was a total terror at the clinic so it was amazing that at least "hey, look at the baby!" elicited a little bit of calm and a response of "Baby! Cute!"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:41 pm 
Nailed to the V

14 weeks, awesome!! Hello, second trimester!!

annak wrote:
We don't plan on finding out the gender ahead of time this time either, but I remember that the thing I found so fascinating about the anatomical screen last time was how detailed the spine and heart were.. I thought that was just amazing - this teeny tiny but perfectly articulated spine! I know I'm a weirdo, but… yeah.

I loved not knowing baby's sex, and definitely would do the same in any future pregnancies. And yes, I didn't want to sound like tooo much of a nutbar but my two favourite parts were also the spine and the heart. So tiny! And yet completely functional! So cool!
I still love looking at her little heart pushing the blood around in this photo!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:04 am 
Inflexitarian

Aww westiebaby in the womb :) I am still super excited about ultrasounds even though this is the 2nd time around. I am sure the late US will be less exciting to me - but on the 19th we have our anatomy scan and we are going to find out the sex so that is a thrill. I have been feeling GREAT recently - even better then my non-pregnant self actually with more energy and my always present adult acne is clearing up. Also my sister's sister-in-law sent me a ginormous box of beautiful maternity clothes (actually much larger and nicer then my normal wardrobe) so it has been fun to have new pretty things to wear everyday.

Happy second trimester AnnaK! And congratulations on a great US Bastah! And I hope your dinner date and US go beatifully Kdub :) I would really like a date too - my last one was about 2 hours on my anniversary in July.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:43 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i always thought the u/s at that early stage looked like some sort of reptile and it kind of creeped me out!

i think i might be weird.

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:20 am 
Semen Strong

There's no wrong way to feel about your U/S :) I've heard people say they look like little aliens, like reptiles etc and its all fun and cool. You're not weird at all :)

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:09 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Thank you guys for your kind words! I'm excited about the next u/s in a week (NT scan).

We have the U/S pics propped up on the computer, and I keep looking at them and going "AWWWWWWWW. We have the cutest little fetus ever! So cute!" She may have been lying, but even our u/s technician said it was really cute. Granted, it was 10 weeks 5 days, so most likely she didn't mean it. But I did look up sonogram pics online, and I only found one other that I thought was as cute (looked identical to mine). Look, I'm THAT mother all ready... I'm so sorry everyone.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:50 am 
Semen Strong

That is awesome! I am so happy for you bastah!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:11 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Had an ultrasound this morning, and there's a real baby in there! With a circulatory system and everything! I'm so relieved, but I probably won't relax until April or May. My due date, for now, is August 1.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:13 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Great news mitten!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:12 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Yay mitten!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:12 pm 
Inflexitarian

Hooray Mitten!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:43 pm 
Semen Strong

Hurray mitten! Circulatory systems are the best! <3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:02 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

mittenmacher wrote:
Had an ultrasound this morning, and there's a real baby in there! With a circulatory system and everything! I'm so relieved, but I probably won't relax until April or May. My due date, for now, is August 1.

Good to hear that! :)

Helen Keller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:59 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yay! That's great news!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:22 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Best news, mitten!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:03 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm so glad to hear that, mitten. Yay for good news!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:40 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Congratz! Omg reading about all these fetuses is making me want to put some spermz in someones belly STAT! So cute!

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 7473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280 ... 299  Next