| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281 ... 300  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:38 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Super happy for you Mittens :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:40 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Yay bastah and mitten! Great news!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:17 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

That's such great news mitten!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:41 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Hooray! So happy for you, mitten!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:06 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Disclaimer: I am so grateful to still be pregnant, and I realize these symptoms are an indication that things are going well.

HOWEVER: I am so tired, I feel like I took Benadryl, but I can't sleep because I'm too nauseous. I just want to go to bed and sleep for 18 hours, and not be woken up by the sensation of wanting to vomit. So, so tired.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:23 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ahhh Mitten. good and bad i guess right?
sucks that you feel so crappy but yeah i guess it's just a sign that everything is well.
sending you good sleepy vibes

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:19 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Congratulations and I'm sorry, mitten! It's ok to complain here. Do you feel worse than when you were pregnant with Walter? It must be so hard to have the energy to take care of a toddler.

Congrats bastah!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:23 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

So yesterday was the worst day ever.
I had been having what I that were Braxton Hicks contractions all night (like a painful tightening in my uterus, lasting a minute and then going away, and then coming back) and when I was still having them as midday I decided to call my midwife to check that it was normal. boring story even more boring I ended up at the hospital until 6pm!

After loads of checks from a midwife I had to wait to be seen by the doctor, who came in, asked me a few questions and then without doing any checks told me he thought I was having a miscarriage (brilliant thing to tell someone BEFORE doing the necessary checks!) he said he was going to do a speculum examination to see if my cervix was open and do an internal scan to measure how long it was and then went off for about 40mins. I've never even had a smear test or a gyno exam or anything, and the thought of that combined with the thought of losing the baby meant that I had a massive panic attack. Thankfully my hubs was there and helped me calm down before I had to be probed left right and center!

As I said I've never had a speculum exam so I thought he was just going to feel with his fingers, so when he brought out the ridiculous metal thing (clearly created by a man who knew he would never have to experience having it shoved into the most intimate place possible!) I was like 'sorry! Where does that go!?' Then when I was half naked, legs in stirrups legs wide for the world to see, in walked 2 medical students! AFTER they had already gotten a great view of my lady bits they said 'oh is it ok for themt I observe?' And I immediately responded, 'well why not, the more the merrier! I hope you brought popcorn!' Which apparently isn't the normal response to that question?

Anyway, it was painful and awkward and awful but he basically concluded that everything is fine (apart from the fact that I'm still having the tightening feelings and stuff) and sent me home.

The only highlight was that while he was trying to measure my cervix during the internal scan the baby kept trying to get its head into the shot, it was hilarious! He said 'oop, baby is often a fan of the photobomb!'

I'm grateful that my scan is on Friday! Looking forward to actually seeing the baby and not just the top of it's head! (And being reassured that it's ok!)

Hope everyone is doing well! x

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:32 am 
Semen Strong

That sounds so traumatic, FFrosting! I am glad your baby seems to be doing well and I hope your scan goes well and that the rest of your pregnancy and delivery are easy and uneventful!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:19 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

That doctor has horrible people skills!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:49 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

That sounds awful! Glad there was at least good news at the end.. But what an experience!

I'm 22 weeks today. We had our anatomy scan yesterday and baby measured right on target. I'll have another scan in 4 weeks, because baby is sitting breech and they couldn't get good spine measurements.

I know 22 weeks is still early to worry, but I have had a gut feeling since 16 weeks that this baby would be breech. The midwife said we wouldn't even discuss it until 28 weeks and at that point we could try acupuncture, chiropractor, massage, stretches, etc. and there are a few docs who would let me attempt delivery. Who can share a happy story with me about somersaulting babies?!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:01 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

A was breech until 37 weeks. Midwife told me not to worry because they can always turn but of course I worried anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:22 am 
Semen Strong

My acupuncturist is great at turning babies. She has a high success rate, using moxibustion.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:50 am 
Nooch of Earl

I was breech until my mother's doctor performed external versions (they still did that back then!) at 37 weeks, which sent her into labor; I was born 30 minutes later. I'm not sure if that's a heartwarming success story or not, but since I turned out so excellently, how can you argue with it? (and at least it was over quickly and I wasn't breech anymore!)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:59 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Good stories :) and I wouldn't complain about a 30-min labor and delivery!
I did read that less than 5% of babies are breech at term, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

I do love my chiropractor and she is certified in prenatal care, so I should start going more often even if just for fun. And it sounded like my midwife would give me a referral for acupuncture if I pursue that.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:57 pm 
Inflexitarian

I do not have any breech stories to share. I have come on to whine.

I was trying to be a good pregnant patient and exercise regularly as my midwife instructed and I got a new work-out video yesterday. It was such a simple easy video - barely makes me breathe hard at all...and when I came to the portion with the side lying leg lifts I glided my leg up and then felt a big old "crack". Pain in my pubis symphysis. PAIN when I walk. I can barely walk today. I went to the chiropractor this morning in hopes of a miracle and he said that there wasn't much he could do for me right now because I probably sprained my pubis symphysis. Who sprains their pelvis? He did adjust me and I got a 45 minute massage and I do feel a teeny bit better, but I still am barely hobbling around. Last pregnancy I had a lot of pubis symphysis pain and I was hoping to avoid it this time around...apparently it is my lot in life. Thanks for listening.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:38 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ouch. One of my friends here had SPD during her last pregnancy and she's so afraid that it might come back again now that she's with baby #2. She said it was just immensely painful. Hope you can get some rest and feel at least a bit better. :)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:45 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

I had my scan this morning and everything is 100% healthy and active (very active!) and cheeky! Haha! And the baby is a boy! :)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:43 am 
Inflexitarian

Exciting floralfrosting! So glad it went well after your scare.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:02 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I had my NT scan today! The fetus has changed so much in the last two weeks. I saw the mouth open and close, the eyes open and close and fingers open and close! FINGERS! There were no hands last time. I also saw the bladder and kidneys. It kept moving the entire time and at one point, it was WAVING at us! It was stretching out and crossing its feet. Sorry to go on and on, but it's just so cool! Also, at the last ultrasound, we were two days ahead of schedule, but at this one, its size is exactly the date of the first day of my last period. I guess we won't be gaining two days afterall! 12 weeks and 2 days. 28 more weeks left?!

There's something I won't stop wondering about though. He said he knew the sex of the baby, but said we don't want to know. I want to know! I said "Wait, you know?" and he kinda laughed and said No. I'm wondering if he really knows or not and why he doesn't want to say anything if he does know. Maybe because it's too early to make a good determination and the 20 week u/s could have a different answer?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:12 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Yay for the baby show! I'm not an expert, but I think 12 weeks is way early to see the anatomy. Arms and legs are still very exciting though!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:18 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

With Walter the tech said she was 95% sure at our 12 week ultrasound, but wouldn't tell us because she wasn't completely certain. Annoying. Just don't say anything, then!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:23 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Ah OK, so I guess that's common enough then. I'm so curious what he saw. At the beginning of the pregnancy, I had a gut feeling it was a girl and I kept calling it "she" by accident, but I'm more unsure now. I got the impression it was a boy today and I thought I saw an indication, and it was right around the time he said he knew the sex, so I guess we'll see. It won't change some things much, because we're not going to be buying for a particular gender, and we won't tell anyone the sex until it is born, even though we'll know. We're just hoping for gender neutral stuff for the baby!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:03 pm 
Nailed to the V

aww, such an awesome update - love the idea of dancing, waving baby bastah!
I have heard of a fair few people being given an indication of baby's sex prior to 20 weeks then having it reversed at the anatomy ultrasound so I think it can definitely be inaccurate when done too early.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:15 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Exciting, bastah!! What the heck does "you don't want to know" mean? People are so weird when it comes to preferences/thoughts about the sex of a fetus. And don't get me started about calling it gender rather than sex.

Reply to topic  [ 7476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281 ... 300  Next