| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283 ... 311  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:09 am 
Chip Strong

How frustrating that they would tell you there's a cyst on your ovary and not explain what it means. The corpus luteum cyst is just where you ovulated and it's producing progesterone until the placenta takes over that function around 9 wks. So not only is it normal but it's essential!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:55 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Yay mitten!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:56 am 
Semen Strong

Hurrah mitten! I am so happy you have a nice strong heart beat! Sending you lots of sticky vibes!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:26 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Thanks, guys :)

Yay, Mitten! I have a good feeling about it working out for you. Wishing you the best!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:37 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

mooo wrote:
How frustrating that they would tell you there's a cyst on your ovary and not explain what it means. The corpus luteum cyst is just where you ovulated and it's producing progesterone until the placenta takes over that function around 9 wks. So not only is it normal but it's essential!

Thank you for explaining that!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:45 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I'm glad mooo stepped into explain that, because I rememebered it had something to do with ovulation but not exactly what or why. Congrats on the good news, mitten! Sounds like this baby wants to stick around!!

And annasrobbie, fun news on baby boy #2!

(I had a dream last night that baby came early, as in before Christmas early, and it was a boy who was wearing a baseball hat.)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:12 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Thanks, mooo. I didn't actually see my doctor, it was just the ultrasound tech, and she was pretty stand-offish. She wouldn't even give me a copy of the results (that were being faxed to the doctor) on my way out.

kdub, that's funny! I dreamed the other day that I'd decided to drink wine everyday throughout this pregnancy because it probably wouldn't do any harm. I was really glad when I woke up that it was only a dream!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:08 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Just popping in here to congratulate everyone again. This is my favourite thread! Pregnancy is such an amazing time (except maybe when you're nauseous and barfing).

I haven't gotten my periods back yet but hopefully I'll be back in this thread at least one more time (because I'm crazy like that!).

xx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:53 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

bastah wrote:
Mollyjade, my first ultrasound put me at June 26th too, but yesterday, I was put at June 28th

Ahhhh! Congratulations!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:00 pm 

Nebraskalaska wrote:
bastah wrote:
Mollyjade, my first ultrasound put me at June 26th too, but yesterday, I was put at June 28th

Ahhhh! Congratulations!

Thanks!! I miss you, by the way!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:07 am 

This might be a little off topic, but at all of the doc appointments so far, everyone seems surprised that shortbus and I have different last names. I didn't think it was really that rare, and I'm hoping it won't be an issue once our baby is born. Like will I continuously get comments about not having the same last name as my kid? Will people doubt it's my kid?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:46 am 
Saggy Butt

Wow, congratulations everyone! So many new babies! Thinking happy pregnancy thoughts for you all.

bastah wrote:
This might be a little off topic, but at all of the doc appointments so far, everyone seems surprised that shortbus and I have different last names. I didn't think it was really that rare, and I'm hoping it won't be an issue once our baby is born. Like will I continuously get comments about not having the same last name as my kid? Will people doubt it's my kid?

I had a thread worrying about that a while back and the general consensus was that it totally doesn't matter! (In my case I regret changing my name and want to change it back)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:17 am 

mandycoot wrote:
Wow, congratulations everyone! So many new babies! Thinking happy pregnancy thoughts for you all.

bastah wrote:

I had a thread worrying about that a while back and the general consensus was that it totally doesn't matter! (In my case I regret changing my name and want to change it back)

Ah, thank you! I just found that thread and the other one mentioned in it. I didn't know that this was a popular question. I'm glad it doesn't matter.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:03 pm 
Semen Strong

Maybe its different where you live, but B and I have different last names, and no one ever said anything anywhere. At most of our classes there were lots of people who didn't share a last name.

Mandycoot, are you going to change it back?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:16 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i was worried about the name thing too and so far no issues.

there are two threads floating around about that topic if you wanna do a search.

usually when people ask her name and then mine (usually in medical offices of which we have been to a zillion) i just say "i have a different last name" and then spell it because my last name is like 9 letters and unpronouncable
(except when i went to Herbivore in PDX and the owner lady looked at my license and nailed the pronounciation and guessed it was Lithuanian. she is magic)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:23 pm 
Saggy Butt

Tofulish wrote:
Mandycoot, are you going to change it back?

I do plan to eventually. I should have done it before giving birth because it would have been a lot easier to make it to court, but the $300-some wasn't in the budget.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:41 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

We have different last names, and no one has mentioned it so far.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:09 pm 

Good to hear! Maybe my last name can be the kid's middle name?

So I started having symptoms pretty much after fertilization, but before implantation. Basically, it was immediate. I've read about other people having the same experience. Anyway, at first I called off of work, because I thought I was sick, and after laying in bed for 4 days straight, I realized I wasn't getting better. Anyway, I posted on Facebook about this and made posts about being sick and not knowing what it was and why it wasn't going away. I took a pregnancy test when I was about 3.5 weeks pregnant and got the answer, so I went back and deleted Facebook statuses from a couple weeks earlier, because I didn't want people to connect any dots. Basically, I've been super careful on Facebook, and haven't been talking about my multitude of symptoms, even though I want to bisque about them! I've been vague with people when turning down plans and I've just said "I'm sick." Obviously I can't do that forever, and a couple people have been genuinely concerned about me, which makes me feel bad.

We're FINALLY telling our families tomorrow! I'm sooooooooo excited! We found out that I was pregnant 10 weeks ago, so it's been so hard to keep this a secret (especially when we visited my family earlier this month, and I had to hide my symptoms). Next, we get to tell friends! FINALLY! I won't have to be vague or worry people anymore! I've been looking forward to this moment for so many weeks. SO EXCITED.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:52 pm 
***LIES!!!***

We did a hyphenated last name for the kid, my mother gave her kids all her last name only. There are many possibilities and nobody has ever questioned me about our variations.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:15 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

That's so exciting, bastah! Have fun telling all your real life friends and family!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:17 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I haven't heard anything from any birth care provider ever. I remember a set of movers being totally flummoxed though and finding it hi-LAR-ious, though. I would guess it is both regional and cultural.

In the Navy a lot of people just assume my last name is my husband's, though that has gotten less common, but usually don't get too weirded out upon being corrected though they do assume I'm a lib'ruhl and that it's a political statement.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:10 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Have fun with the announcing Bastah :) I finally "announced" at work last Friday - I really thought most people would have guess already/or heard through the grapevine since a few people knew - but most people acted genuinely surprised. It was fun and now I get to enjoy everyone being super solicitous and trying to carry all my charts for me (which I LIKE because those suckers are heavy and my back and pelvis just don't like being pregnant).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:39 am 

bastah wrote:
Good to hear! Maybe my last name can be the kid's middle name?

My nephew has my sister's last name as his middle name. He likes it as it is quite an unusual name.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:15 am 
Saggy Butt

Our kids have my maiden name as a second middle name too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:02 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

People who shared at work recently mind telling how you did it? I'm doing this when I return to work in the New Year, and not really looking forward to it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283 ... 311  Next