| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287 ... 311  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:10 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

bastah, can you call your OB's office and ask if they think you should see a doctor?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:36 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Well this is a new "sensation" for me with pregnancy. This baby is a STRONG kicker and I usually enjoy the active sessions I feel it going. However, I had a very stressful day yesterday where I had to take a roubd trip bus journey to a place with very unpleasant associations for a prior obligatiin. Anyways, baby really didnt move much at all for the day. I knew there would be a rebound from this, though and holy is there ever! Today id like a baby Zumba class explosion! The new thing, though, that had me running to google thougg is that it felt like I was literally being kicked in my butt, rectum area, from within! Wth! I have never felt this before and don't even know how it would be possible, but ick! It seems from the google otherbwomen have had this, low lyibg baby or else breech. That is not a professional statement but the breech bit has me a bit worried. I see the dr. In another month so I guess we'll see.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:26 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

1strangegirl--I guess I won't be surprised now if I experience that later. Definitely not a place I would expect to feel a kick. I feel like I've heard that if the baby is in a breech position, it could still correct itself or a masseuse can do it.

I haven't called a doctor for a couple reasons. One being that the yellow snot went away.

I keep thinking that I can't get any sicker and yet here I am. My nausea doesn't even resemble morning sickness (what I personally had experienced for most of my pregnancy anyway) anymore. Before, food would make it better. Now food can cause it, and it just seems different... hard to explain. I've got horrible headaches and aches. The overall SICK feeling. So congested. I'm having trouble eating and drinking, which has caused other problems possibly (like the sick feeling and the headaches?). I can't sleep at night. I'm having the worst panic attacks of my life, where I'm positive that I'm dying. I'm also worried about a missed miscarriage. I feel like instead of a mild flu, I have a full-blown one, only with no fever (at least there's something positive). I don't want to call the doc, because I feel like I'll just be sent to the emergency room. My appointment is on Friday and it can't come soon enough. I wish I didn't have to go to work in the meantime, because I'm at the desk hoping that patrons can't tell that I'm crying. Yay hormones or lack or sleep or who knows what. Why didn't people tell me pregnancy would be this much fun?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:55 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Your doctor really can't fit you in before Friday? With symptoms like that I wouldn't be going to work. What if it's actually the flu and you're spreading it around your workplace?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:11 pm 
Semen Strong

Ariann is wise.

I am going in to see how this pregnancy is doing on Wednesday... Please send good thoughts, if you are so inclined. I am feeling a bit nervous.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:22 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Tofulish wrote:
I am going in to see how this pregnancy is doing on Wednesday... Please send good thoughts, if you are so inclined. I am feeling a bit nervous.

Done and done! Soooo many good thoughts!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:22 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Sending good thoughts!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:29 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I'll be 28 weeks on Thursday. This baby has been crazy active lately! It's honestly like a hamster wheel every 30 minutes. Also, hiccups have started and they are nice and low, which makes me hopeful baby is happy to be head down now.

(1srrangegirl-at my anatomy scan, baby was breech. 4 weeks later it had flipped. A few things-- 1. The tech said at this point baby can be flip flopping all day. 2. Midwife said we wouldn't even discuss a breech position until 28 weeks and 3. She wouldn't "worry" until 36 weeks. Hope that helps?)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:33 pm 

Ariann wrote:
Your doctor really can't fit you in before Friday? With symptoms like that I wouldn't be going to work. What if it's actually the flu and you're spreading it around your workplace?

If it is the flu, I've had it for over a week, so I'm not contagious. I did go to work last week, because I thought it was just pregnancy, but when I realized it might not have been, I didn't have to go to work anymore anyway (I only worked Monday and Tuesday of last week). Since I'm not any better, it probably isn't the flu? I dunno. Shortbus hasn't become sick and neither has anyone else that I was around Monday and Tuesday of last week.

Tofulish, I didn't know! Congrats, and I'm wishing nothing but the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:28 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Tofulish wrote:

You know you've got mine T. Hang in there, good luck, and keep us posted.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:32 pm 
Chip Strong

Bastah, I'm sorry you're feeling so terrible! It sounds like you're sick. It can take longer to recover when you're pregnant. I hope you can see your provider soon.

Good luck tofulish!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:42 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Thinking of you Tofulish!!! <3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:32 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Is there an expected answer for the (non-OB) doctor who asks how your pregnancy is going? I said, "OK" in a not very enthused voice, and the doctor seemed shocked and concerned. I'm exhausted, I have to check my blood sugar every two hours, and even then my blood sugars are all over the place. Where's the part that I'm supposed to be excited about?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:59 pm 

mollyjade wrote:
Is there an expected answer for the (non-OB) doctor who asks how your pregnancy is going? I said, "OK" in a not very enthused voice, and the doctor seemed shocked and concerned. I'm exhausted, I have to check my blood sugar every two hours, and even then my blood sugars are all over the place. Where's the part that I'm supposed to be excited about?

Thank you! I'm excited about the finished product, but feeling really sick ever day for months and only feeling sicker and sicker as the days go by? No thank you. It's really affecting my mental health too. Like yes, I completely get that this is awesome and there are people who would literally kill to be in my position, and that having a healthy pregnancy is something to be so grateful for, and I am very grateful--especially after all the disappointment, stress and tears that happened before this pregnancy. But with that being said, feeling sick and hormonal and worrying all the time SUCKS. I feel so guilty when I complain, but this is one of the hardest things I have done in my life (and it was voluntary!)

I think some people also don't get it, because pregnancies cam differ so much from person to person. I've had so many people tell me how awesome pregnancy was for them. So I probably do come off as an ungrateful, complainy bisque or as someone with a rare type of bad pregnancy. Again, I will reiterate how happy I am to be pregnant though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:25 pm 
Saggy Butt

Good luck tomorrow Tofulish!

I was a really angry pregnant lady. I hated being pregnant! I found that the first time around my midwives at the birth center were kind of shocked that I didn't love it, but my homebirth midwife with #2 was super supportive and listened to me whine a lot. I really liked to tell everyone who asked how much I hated to be pregnant. Very few women seem to be open about pregnancy misery and a lot of people were relieved to find someone else who hated pregnancy. Solidarity!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:29 pm 
Semen Strong

Ha! Its so funny, because there is that Oates and Garfunkle video "Pregnant Women are Smug" and I keep thinking that it in no way reflects any pregnant woman I've ever met.

Pregnant Women Are Exhausted, Pregnant Women are Nauseous, Pregnant Women Really Need to Pee But Its Hard To Get Up Because Sciatica, sure. But smug? Never.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:35 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I have my fingers and everything else crossed for you, Tofulish.

I'll admit, first pregnancy was really easy and fun and blissful. I enjoyed the hell out of it. This time it's been terrifying (after two miscarriages), and the digestive symptoms are worse, and I have no energy. Maybe that's because I have a three year old so I can't just rest when I feel like it, or maybe it's because every pregnancy is different. I'll be incredibly grateful if I get a healthy kid in the end, but yeah, not enjoying myself so much this time. I'm trying, though, because I'm pretty sure this is my last time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:43 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i absolutely hated being pregnant. i hated everything about it. i was a very angry and cranky pregnant woman and im not sorry about it.
people got really pissed at me then and get pissed at me now when i say how much i hated it.

ohwell. poo on them. if they had felt like i felt they would understand :-P

good luck tlish. fingers and toes crossed for you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:26 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

all the best thoughts coming from the bottom of the world for you, tofulish!!

I loved being pregnant, even when I was nauseous for months, and ohsotired, but I definitely don't think all pregnant women should be happy all the time, and do recognise I was lucky to have a relatively complication-free pregnancy. Do wish I was pregnant now though!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:48 pm 
Semen Strong

Thank you everyone! We have a huge snowstorm and apparently they've declared a state of emergency, so I am guessing my U/S will have to wait. And since it takes them about 3 weeks to get me in to an appointment, I'm probably going to find out if I have a viable pregnancy or not in my 2nd trimester.

It will be kind of hilarious that B has been doing all the cleaning and most of the cooking, all the animal care and staying home extra long to give me huge nap breaks, if I'm not even pregnant.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:57 pm 

Glad I'm not alone and that I don't need to feel like the worst person ever for hating this.

I did just find something that makes me feel better physically. Lemonade just cured a lot of my ails (helped with morning sickness, digestive stuff, and it made my nose run!). A++++, would drink again. It was very easy to drink too, even though everything else (including water) is hard to drink. I just read that it works even better when it's hot water with lemon, so I'll do that next time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:06 am 
Nooch of Earl

Tlish I would be so pissed if my u/s got bumped because of a snowstorm! *hugs* I hope all the forecasters are wrong and you are able to see the new tofembryo!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:37 am 

Aww Tofulish :( If it does get cancelled, I really don't think that they'll make you wait that long for another appointment. What they'll probably do is let you see a different doctor if there are absolutely no appointments with yours. I had to wait a month and a half to get an appointment with my doc when I found out I was pregnant. Well, the last time I went to my appointment, my doc was busy inducing someone, so I was told that I could be fit in 5 hours later that day (docs really can do that, but they only do it for emergencies and cancelled appointments, because otherwise they wouldn't be able to schedule those people since everyone would be coming in all the time). Well, we came back 5 hours later, and the doc was still out, so they had me see another doc instead.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:50 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Sending lots of good (and warm and dry) thoughts your way Tofulish!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:13 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ugh on the snowstorm Tlish that's frustrating to have to wait more.

we were supposed to get that snowstorm here and the news people were all going bonkers as usual and we got like maybe an inch and a half :-P
sounds like you must have gotten all the snow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287 ... 311  Next