| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290 ... 310  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:09 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

most definitely. i noticed when i was pregnant the older ladies in my office were all like mushy and gushy and nostalgic and the two younger girls who had recently had babies were much more like "well this is how it was for me"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:26 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Yes, I've heard all about the amnesia! I bet I'll get it too.

Speaking of... I think I started to feel the baby move a couple times within the last half hour? Unless it's gas or something. I don't think I've felt this sensation during the pregnancy though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:17 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

how far along are you again?

i think they say generally around 20 weeks you can start to feel movement (??i think??) some people feel it earlier with 2nd and 3rd pregnancies.

i felt it pretty late but (i cant remember the proper term) my placenta was like in between the baby and my gut so there was some good padding in the way.

yay for movement!
not a feeling i ever got used to! i was always like "whoa!!! there's an alien in mah belly!"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:34 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

You had the placenta in the front too, eh? I had that with Younger Girl and it was so weird to not *see* the movement like I did with Older Girl, who I sometimes called Fred Astaire because of the constant dancin' on my bladder and strange contorting. :-p

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:57 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

yeah and it's really buggin me that i cant thik of the term.
i never saw much of anything maybe just like slight movement.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:14 pm 
Semen Strong

Anterior placenta here too. Didn't feel anything until 6 months and never had the feet sticking out experience, which looks so cool!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:07 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

bastah wrote:
That's so awesome, Mollyjade!

Good luck, Kdub!

I'm a member of a family forum and the women keep saying much they loved being pregnant and how much they miss it. Here's one example: "I gave birth 3 months ago, and what I wouldn't give to still be pregnant." And everyone is responding with how amazing pregnancy is.

I feel like I'm doing it wrong! Maybe things will be different once I can feel the baby move?

Having a newborn (after a few weeks) makes you realize being pregnant is okay! Actually, I shouldn't complain. I know people who have had truly awful pregnancies. I felt great and found it to be a great time in my life. I also had the "mask of pregnancy." I still don't leave the house without sunblock and I try to wear a hat. Such a pain. I get blotches on my upper lip so it looks like I have a mustache. Blarg! Shouldn't be a big deal, but it really bothered me and took a long time to fade.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:28 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I hate the fatigue but otherwise pregnancy is mostly OK. And regarding having a newborn, I looked back on it when V was around 12-18 months and thought "that seems so EASY, they just STAY PUT." although thinking about it I know she wasn't content to be put in one place and left alone for a few minutes, etc.

Honestly, I find myself hoping that V will have been the more "difficult" baby. I know a lot of people who've said that if their second (third, fourth, nth) kid had been their first one, that would've been the last. And I'm sometimes afraid that V might be that kid for me, and more afraid that she isn't. I mean she's great but she's SO high energy and is just so quick to dissolve into a giant ball of crying rage and demands. She's not patient at all and escalates so quickly. I wouldn't mind the next one being one of those kids who sleeps 12 hours a night and is content to cheerfully sit on a blanket playing with stacking rings.

Also, I would like a glass of wine really, really badly right now just to relax a little. I feel like with arranging all the stuff for this Italy move I am just so tightly wound right now, and nothing seems to be going right. Today I called and found out that our prospective temporary lodging on base is full until 2 weeks after we get there. It's not the end of the world, but it will create other inconveniences and means I have to keep calling every week about availability. I am waiting to sign a form with my husband to get notarized but I haven't heard from him whether they sent him the form, whether he's had a chance to call and follow up on it, or what, and I know he's really busy at work with other stuff but I feel like I'm trying to sort all this all alone and it's impossible.

I just really want a glass of wine! But..no.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:32 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I had an anterior placenta with Edie and it was so, so wonderful compared to my pregnancy with Sven, who was crazy active and seemed like he was trying to kill me from within. I barely felt anything the second time around (well, except when it was directed internally at my liver and stuff) and I was positively gleeful about it!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:43 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I think I'd be freaking out if I didn't feel much movement! I'm at 21 weeks and have been feeling lots of movement since at least 16 weeks. A close friend just discovered that her baby had died after not feeling any movement for a day or so, though, so that is probably coloring my experience of this pregnancy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:43 pm 

I started feeling what I think is movement near the end of my 18th week. I haven't really felt it since yesterday though.

So I'm in my 19th week now and someone (a colleague) asked if I had any big news. I thought she meant if I was having a boy or a girl and I said no. Yeeeah, that wasn't what she wanted to know. She thought that I was at the end of pregnancy and the big news was about if I was dilated and would be having the baby soon. Not even close. AM I THAT BIG?! Anyway, I really confused her, and she then asked if I just gave birth (I see her a few times a week by the way) since I wasn't about to. I've gained almost 10 lbs already, and I'll probably gain 20 more, so I have a lot more growing to do. I'll be the size of a hippo, apparently.

Last edited by bastah on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:48 pm 
Semen Strong

People have such different expectations of how big you "should" get! And everyone has their own body in pregnancy.

My friend is 6' and change and days before she delivered she could still hide her bump under a large sweater. I was a small planet with its own gravitational pull. From 20 weeks on I kept thinking, well I can't get much bigger than this, can I? And then I did.

Post pictures here and we'll tell you how beautiful you look!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:56 pm 

I can't even imagine being able to hide the bump! My doc has warned me that around 20 weeks, the weight will start piling on.

I think I'll have shortbus take a pic in 5 days when I'm 20 weeks!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:57 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I think people expect every pregnant woman to be walking around with a 40-weeks' sized belly. They forget it actually takes 40 weeks to grow the baby...

My news is I passed my 3-hour glucose test no problem. Yippee! Two of my friends met me for lunch afterward, so it wasn't an awful experience all together.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:58 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh yay! Awesome news!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:21 pm 
Nooch of Earl

bastah wrote:
I started feeling what I think is movement near the end of my 18th week. I haven't really felt it since yesterday though.

You can try drinking some juice or something. I don't mean to sound alarmist but if you've been feeling lots of movement and then don't for a day or so even after you have something sugary or maybe change your position like lie down one alternating sides for a few minutes, it might be worth giving your doctor/midwife a call. This early along that might not mean anything, but definitely once you start feeling movement a lot it can be a sign something is up..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:31 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

kdub wrote:
I think people expect every pregnant woman to be walking around with a 40-weeks' sized belly. They forget it actually takes 40 weeks to grow the baby...

My news is I passed my 3-hour glucose test no problem. Yippee! Two of my friends met me for lunch afterward, so it wasn't an awful experience all together.

Yay, kdub!

You just reminded me of a comment from a med student when I was about 10 or 12 weeks along. She walked in the room and said, "you're so tiny!" I think she just read "pregnant" on my chart and didn't think about how far along I was.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:37 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

I just had the 20 week organ scan. And my baby is "average sized." I'm really, really relieved.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:45 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Great news!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:46 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Wonderful news!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:49 pm 

Yay!

My 20 week scan was supposed to be tomorrow and I was soooo excited and I couldn't wait because I always get scared that something is wrong and I need the reassurance, but they called to cancel and reschedule for a week from tomorrow, because the doc is sick. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:59 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Pregnancy hormones were raging today...I had a tiny upset at work that turned into embarrassing uncontrollable crying for about an hour. Seriously. And it started in front of a patient who I then had to walk out the waiting room while still sobbing because I couldn't reign it in...and then I had to go to my boss while still sobbing to say that I couldn't finish seeing this patient. THE WORST. I had one similar event of uncontrollable sobbing when I was post-partum with Giles, but this was worse because it was while doing my job! ugh.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:04 pm 

annasrobbie wrote:
Pregnancy hormones were raging today...I had a tiny upset at work that turned into embarrassing uncontrollable crying for about an hour. Seriously. And it started in front of a patient who I then had to walk out the waiting room while still sobbing because I couldn't reign it in...and then I had to go to my boss while still sobbing to say that I couldn't finish seeing this patient. THE WORST. I had one similar event of uncontrollable sobbing when I was post-partum with Giles, but this was worse because it was while doing my job! ugh.

Aww I am so sorry :( Stupid forking hormones :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:00 pm 

I finally took a pic today and I actually don't think I look that huge in it. Halfway there (no, not giving birth any day now, people! C'mon really?)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:19 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Cute baby bump! I think mine is of similar size and I too have gotten astonished looks that I am not ready to deliver twins tomorrow...people really just have no idea.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290 ... 310  Next