| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292 ... 299  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:34 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Vomiting in the first trimester? I'm halfway through the second and I have vomited two days in a row. Bye bye breakfast.

And yes, the sneezing thing... grr. I was not expecting it to that extent.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:01 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My new symptoms... Leg cramps and heartburn. I guess 7.5 months was long enough without the unpleasantries??

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:40 am 
Nooch of Earl

Yuck, I'd forgotten about the leg cramps! I have had bad heartburn lately, though. It seems like it's started much earlier than the previous pregnancy. I think it's nature's way of making people look forward to having a newborn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:33 pm 

Got a phone call that the anatomy ultrasound might get canceled for the second week in a row. I'll know when I call tomorrow... if there's a message or an answering service, then no dice. This also means that I don't know how rescheduling will work since I won't get to talk to anyone. And which order will they be doing the rescheduling in? Will I have to wait two more weeks? UGGGGGGGGGGH

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:57 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

That's maddening.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:17 pm 

My fear is what if it becomes too late to do the ultrasound? Like will it just become a vanity ultrasound and insurance won't pay for it? OK, I'm sure it doesn't work like that and it won't matter when I have it, but blarg, I want it now!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:01 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I wouldn't worry about the insurance. As long as it's ordered by your care provider, it should be covered at any stage? At least that's how mine have worked. It does stink that you keep getting pushed back though! This time I had my 20-week ultrasound at almost 22 weeks and the tech said she preferred a little later anyway. Then they had to follow up some measurements at 26 weeks, with no problems.
Good luck and hopefully you get in tomorrow!!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:19 pm 

My OB originally told me to schedule the scan between 18 and 22 weeks, so I don't think it's a big deal to wait a bit, medically.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:11 pm 
Inflexitarian

Had a midwife appointment today - I fretted all month about how she was going to yell about my weight gain and instead she looked up how much I had gained at this point in my last pregnancy (35 lbs) and how much I had gained so far this pregnancy (20 lbs) and gave me a high-five! I definitely appreciated the personalized approach today! Then I went and had labs drawn (1 hour GTT and such) and got home only to have the lab tech call me back to say she had "oops, forgotten to get two of the tests and could I come back?". I felt like quite the martyr with a cotton ball attached to both arms.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:06 am 

And the answering service says the appointment is canceled. They're opening 3 hours later today. FML

Annasrobbie, 20 lbs is great!! Also, I could never go back to get more blood drawn, so you're a superhero.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:32 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

they steal ridiculous amounts of blood from you when you're pregnant. i know it all has a purpose but i was like DAMN!

one day i counted TEN vials. geesh!

sorry about your appt being repeatedly pushed back Bastah. i wouldnt worry about the insurance thing.
a 20 week scan is pretty much the norm to look at all sorts of different stuff for the health of the baby and i dont think it would be an issue for it to be done at week like 24 as long as its done.
obviously every insurance carrier is different but like someone mentioned if it's ordered by your caregiver then most insurance's pay for it.

i had 8000 ultrasounds and biophysical profiles at teh end of my pregnancy because they deemed me too small. i literally had one every week for over a month and i never saw a bill. i even had 2 in one day the day they sent me to the hospital.

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:52 pm 

Yeah, I made a deal with my doc about how much blood I'll give. Not going to give to the normal amount.

None of my ultrasounds have been free (except at the emergency room oddly enough... never got a bill for anything there, only received a notice asking for the standard emergency room copay). Jealous! They haven't been expensive though. The obgyn office never opened today, so scheduling this is not going to be good. I can never reach them when I call and then they'll call back and I'll be working, and then I'll call back later on my break and get the machine and then they'll call back and I'll be working and so on. So I don't know how this will work since I'm working all day Monday and Tuesday. I think I'll just leave a message with our availability and hopefully they'll leave a message saying "you're now scheduled on this day at this time"

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:18 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

yeah i dunno. insurance is so weird and convoluted.
when i was pregnant i still had my old insurance because i was working so we had my health insurance and it was very simple to understand. i paid for pretty much nothing when i was pregnant. i think the only thing i paid for was $500 for the hospital copay which is standard for when you're admitted to the hospital so i knew that was coming.

though i did get one of those "this is not a bill" things in the mail once saying the hospital could bill me $7000 for my weeklong stay in the hospital because i had a private room. (cause you know people often give birth in communal rooms)

it must have been some weird error on the insurance's part because i never got that bill (whew!)

now the insurance we have i swear we pay for everything. we have a deductible and it's all so confusing. BP has wracked up lots of $$$ in medical bills.

im still fighting with them over the follow up to the newborn hearing screening.

hopefully you will get your appt soon. just remember Monday is a holiday so they probably wont be there!

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:33 pm 
***LIES!!!***

There are ultrasounds that are considered standard of care and others that aren't. Lots of insurance companies won't cover ones beyond the standard ones considered medically necessary. If you had an ultrasound just to date the pregnancy, that's often not covered (the real reason everyone gets screened for nuchal cord translucency now, because that will be covered and is early in the pregnancy so you can use it for dating). 20 week scans are standard according to everyone, afaik.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:27 pm 

I'm not sure how my OB makes any money off me, but I pay her once after the birth. There's one price for vaginal delivery and one for C section, but they're both relatively cheap considering it covers about 16-20 appointments plus birth.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:54 pm 

The baby is moving like crazy! If these flutters have been the baby. When it first started a few weeks ago, it was a flutter here and there, but now it's almost all the time, which is awesome. I'm waiting for it to feel like more than a flutter.

I tried to schedule the ultrasound but got the machine as always and left a message giving my availability, and then I got a phone call back telling me to call back to schedule, and I did and got the machine. Ugh. I'll have to call repeatedly during my 45 min break today and hope I get a person.

I think all I've had to pay are copays for the ultrasounds, but I'm not certain, because they were different amounts, which is weird and I didn't pay anything while at the appointments, which is different since non-pregnancy things require a copay upfront. Can different places charge whatever they want as the copay? I didn't think they could. I've also been charged different amounts for blood tests (all for this pregnancy, same with the ultrasounds). This has never happened in the past. It's my office which is charging the higher costs (the other places are charging the standard amount I'm used to), and none of the "this is not a bill" things from my insurance company are showing those copays or whatever they are from the office, which is even stranger, and has also never happened.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:03 pm 

Yay, I got an ultrasound appointment! I called repeatedly during my lunch break until I got a human on the phone. It will be right before my prenatal appointment at the end of the week

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:14 pm 

Yay! and Yay for feeling movement, too.

I've just started feeling fetus move in the past few days, too, and it's already started getting old. Hoping it's something I'll get used to and stop noticing so much.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:15 am 

I actually like it! Mine are just twitches though. It was so active the last few days (especially yesterday), but last night and today, nothing really. Sleeping? I think I felt one flutter after I had juice earlier. I wonder at what point it will become more consistent. Also, I wasn't expecting the flutters to be so low. Most have been coming from near the bottom of my uterus.

Update: after posting this, I started feeling more flutters. I think I need to concentrate sometimes to notice them, since I don't really notice them while doing other things.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:24 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Aw, kicks and such are my favorite part of pregnancy! I remember being very sad he first few days after Will was born, because I couldn't feel him safely kicking away in my belly!
This baby is kicking/punching all day long, but luckily is pretty calm overnight. Sometimes I think it doesn't know what the "fetal position" is though, because it's so wild.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:27 pm 
Inflexitarian

congrats on getting the ultrasound scheduled! That sounds like it was such a pain!

Baby movements are my favorite part of pregnancy too. Now at nearly 28 weeks I feel him pretty regularly. He is much more active then my first (kind of scary - does it translate to much more active outside the womb too???) so I haven't had to actually sit down to do focus on the "kick-counts" like I had to with Giles. I can't believe I will be 3rd trimester in 2 days - time really flies!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:14 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

That was the best thing about being pregnant.

Totally anecdotal, annasrobbie, but Clara was always super active and has basically never slowed down. I never needed to do kick counts and at her birth the midwife commented on her muscle tone and said she must have been a busy one! And wow, third trimester already!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:48 am 

Finally had the ultrasound! She pointed out the placenta and it was under the baby, so I think it's previa (the tech only pointed out the placenta but said nothing about the positioning of it). I didn't ask any questions about it, because I didn't know what it meant until I googled just now. Hopefully it will move up! The baby is also breech position, but that's probably normal at this stage (22 weeks). 40th percentile for size, so that sounds good. 1 lb!

Last edited by bastah on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:51 am 

Glad it's done and pretty much all good news!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:34 am 

Yep! OK, now that I think about it, if the placenta was under the baby, it's probably posterior. I think I was picturing things in the wrong direction. It's breech, so the feet would be pointing toward the cervix, instead of the butt being above the cervix, which wouldn't really make sense. I think I've been reading the ultrasounds wrong this whole time. It seems like common sense though

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 7475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292 ... 299  Next