| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296 ... 310  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:47 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Welcome, LaDolcePita - how much North Fork wine does one have to drink to qualify as being from Long Island? ;)

And congratulations, Madeleine Teacup! Sounds like we're not very far apart (I'm due early-mid June).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:09 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

LisaPunk wrote:
i took a hypnobirthing class and as i understand it the creator Marie Mongan is super proprietary about her ideas so if she hasnt made a dvd there probably isnt one or there might be some with a slightly different name or something.
she has the book and it comes with a cd in the back of relaxtion stuff and then there is another cd you get if you take a class that's called the rainbow relaxation or something. some people love the rainbow thing i absolutely hated it. i liked the cd in the book!

if you're interested in hypnobirthing i would recommend taking a class because they will go over the techniques with you and give you various handouts and stuff that are helpful.

Thanks, I'll have to look into it. Hopefully it's not too late to sign up. I suppose it will probably be good to meet other parents at the class too since we don't know any here.
mollyjade wrote:
madeleine.teacup wrote:
Hi there, PPPregnancy Updates Thread!

Long time reader, first time poster! I've really found the discussions here useful, so thank you from Lurkersville.

I'm 24 weeks along and excited and terrified and excited again.

Yay! How nice that you, bastah, and I are all at about the same time. It's a race to the finish! (Just kidding, babies. Stay where you are!)

Congrats madeleine.teacup!

Yep, I'm due June 28th, mollyjade is due June 26th, and when are you due? Mollyjade, nooooooooooo, you just set off my competitive side.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:44 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

congrats Madeline Teacup and welcome LaDolcePIta!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:31 am 

I love this; the baby is so active right now and was active most of the night. I need this, because I get paranoid when I don't feel anything (sometimes it can be a few days). I didn't know how I was going to make it from appointment to appointment, but feeling it move is definitely better and easier than going for appointments.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:35 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Lump update: Dr. felt up my armpit and thinks it is just breast tissue and there's no need to investigate at this point, so I feel a little better.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:12 pm 

mittenmacher wrote:
Lump update: Dr. felt up my armpit and thinks it is just breast tissue and there's no need to investigate at this point, so I feel a little better.

Oh good!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:09 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Yay madeline.teacup and ladolcevita!

Mittenmacher, that's good to hear. Lots of weird crepe can happen to your boobs during pregnancy, but it's not like you're immune to not-good weird crepe while pregnant, so better to get it checked out if it's worrying you, certainly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:11 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Pregnancy compliment that always makes me giggle: "From the back, you'd never know you were pregnant!" Thanks, because you expected to see arms and legs poking out? ;)

Mitten, glad it's nothing to worry about!

Bastah, yay, active ninja baby! It's only going to get crazier!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:16 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

So glad to hear that, mitten!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:30 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Tofulish wrote:
Oh congratulations madeline.teacup! How exciting!

Tofulish! I hope this isn't weird but it is because of reading about your experience when you were pregnant with Leela that I didn't bat an eye when my paperwork was all labeled as "senile." I was expecting it!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:33 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

mollyjade wrote:
Yay! How nice that you, bastah, and I are all at about the same time. It's a race to the finish! (Just kidding, babies. Stay where you are!)

molyjade, my sweetheart's younger sister is about 2 weeks more pregnant than I am! It makes me feel a little like should be in a cult.

(My sweetheart's older sister, who has two kids, is going to be out of town when the baby is due and she was like, O, maybe it will come early! I'm like, Noooooo, baby, finish baking please.)

Last edited by madeleine.teacup on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:37 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

bastah wrote:
Yep, I'm due June 28th, mollyjade is due June 26th, and when are you due? Mollyjade, nooooooooooo, you just set off my competitive side.

annak wrote:

And congratulations, Madeleine Teacup! Sounds like we're not very far apart (I'm due early-mid June).

Thanks, annak and bastah! I'm the first week in July, so just a little later.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:41 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Ariann wrote:
Yay madeline.teacup and ladolcevita!

LisaPunk wrote:
congrats Madeline Teacup and welcome LaDolcePIta!!!

Thanks, Ariann and LisaPunk! I've been reading this thread for a while and it's nice to post in it. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:22 pm 
***LIES!!!***

madeleine.teacup wrote:
mollyjade wrote:

molyjade, my sweetheart's younger sister is about 2 weeks more pregnant than I am! It makes me feel a little like should be in a cult.

(My sweetheart's older sister, who has two kids, is going to be out of town when the baby is due and she was like, O, maybe it will come early! I'm like, Noooooo, baby, finish baking please.)

We did the two week difference between first cousins thing over here and it has been totally awesome. Instant best friends.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:14 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Euclid is going to have a cousin a couple weeks older, and I'll probably wish we lived closer. My sister in law's Turkish, though, so we may have some mediterranean meetups in our future! But obviously not too many, they tend to go to Turkey for a month every year and that's all they can get away from work etc...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:52 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Congrats to everyone! There really are lots of ppk babes in the works!

Glad to hear your good news mitten!

I'm due today and they're gonna induce tomorrow cause they don't want me to go longer (w/gestational diabetes the threat of stillbirth goes way up past 40 weeks). Not stoked about the thought of pitocin but ready to meet this lil one finally! I think that I might carry him for another coupla weeks w/out being induced, since I carried my twins till 38, so I've made my peace with it.

It's weird, it feels less real this time around. Maybe because with two toddlers I have less time to fantasize about what he'll be like (?). It just seems so surreal that I will probably have 3 kids (3 & under, holy shitake) in a few days.

Anyways, happy gestating and best to all!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:10 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Bastah - don't know if this is silly or not, but if you really freak yourself out a lot - they sell at home dopplers. With both of my pregnancies my babies have been super active most of the time, but then had a long period of time (several hours at least) where nothing I tried could convince them to move.

That actually just happened to me on fri night. I was wishing I had a doppler as we drove down the mountain in a snowstorm through a bunch of accidents. I was thinking the worst - but he started moving like crazy the second we pulled up to the hospital. I think that happens fairly often towards the end of pregnancies as the babies sleep cycles start to change.

Depending on how much you stress yourself out a doppler might be worth considering.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:12 am 
***LIES!!!***

Good luc, lurky!. Happy laboring!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:42 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

mittenmacher wrote:

That's brilliant!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:00 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Go, lurky! Looking forward to seeing photos of baby mrlurkerson.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:35 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

good luck lurky! i hope you have an easy labor!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:45 pm 
Semen Strong

Sending you lots of good labor and delivery vibes and good thoughts for a happy and healthy mama and baby! I hope tomorrow goes well!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:30 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Is there a lurky baby? Not the most exciting pregnant lady update here, but I have been hqving what I felt like were a run of "bad pregnant lady!" Incidences in the past week. Had to first tell my doctor I had an infected decayed tooth (bad!) And did she need to prescribe antibiotics for it before I went to visit the dentist. She did not thank goodness. Then being pregnant at the dentist feels kinda taboo and I had to show him the state of the tooth that had gotten progressively worse for two months of my pregnancy while I was waiting for basic dental insurance to kick it which it me rcifully did. BUT he had to do xrays and really I know he wouldnt advisr doing them in a prrgnancy if not safe enough and necessary. But the timing was egregious. Do not recommend a worrier like me to get xrays while 3rd trimester preggo. So the tooth was broken, like almost in half and today I had it extracted. And a cavity filled that dentist should not wait until after baby came. Lots of oral freezing medication. And being on my back in that chqir and the drilling sounds my baby was going nuts! Like I felt like his kicking was jerking my whole body and the debtist could see my shirt/belly moving if he looked and he did ask how the baby was doing lol! That was kinda comical. I am also very glad now that the tooth is out because really the infection it was causing was risky to have going on as it ups chances of premature birth so I am glad to have that over with and hopefully feel more at ease and secure. Still have the tail end of the ultrasound series booked and to be decided on. They want to look at the baby s four heart chambers which could not be seen clearly at the initial of this ultrasound series. I am not surprised. It is evident baby is squished in now with less than two mo nths to go. They estimate weight is four pounds! Cheers! Hope everyone else is having good updates.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:57 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

1strangegirlbygolly! wrote:
Is there a lurky baby? Not the most exciting pregnant lady update here, but I have been hqving what I felt like were a run of "bad pregnant lady!" Incidences in the past week. Had to first tell my doctor I had an infected decayed tooth (bad!) And did she need to prescribe antibiotics for it before I went to visit the dentist. She did not thank goodness. Then being pregnant at the dentist feels kinda taboo and I had to show him the state of the tooth that had gotten progressively worse for two months of my pregnancy while I was waiting for basic dental insurance to kick it which it me rcifully did. BUT he had to do xrays and really I know he wouldnt advisr doing them in a prrgnancy if not safe enough and necessary. But the timing was egregious. Do not recommend a worrier like me to get xrays while 3rd trimester preggo. So the tooth was broken, like almost in half and today I had it extracted. And a cavity filled that dentist should not wait until after baby came. Lots of oral freezing medication. And being on my back in that chqir and the drilling sounds my baby was going nuts! Like I felt like his kicking was jerking my whole body and the debtist could see my shirt/belly moving if he looked and he did ask how the baby was doing lol! That was kinda comical. I am also very glad now that the tooth is out because really the infection it was causing was risky to have going on as it ups chances of premature birth so I am glad to have that over with and hopefully feel more at ease and secure. Still have the tail end of the ultrasound series booked and to be decided on. They want to look at the baby s four heart chambers which could not be seen clearly at the initial of this ultrasound series. I am not surprised. It is evident baby is squished in now with less than two mo nths to go. They estimate weight is four pounds! Cheers! Hope everyone else is having good updates.

In my first pregnancy a lot of things went wrong, my waters broke halfway through my pregnancy at 21w and still staying pregnant at 27w I needed an emergency crown on one of my molars. I didn't want all the work done since I was super stressed because of my pregnancy anyway, but I did ask the dentist then a million questions about everything he used. I refused any anesthetic, even though he said what he had was fine to use during pregnancy. I wanted the least invasive type of work done which was only cleaning, minor drilling and an emergency crown. The rest I did after my daughter was born (at 31w btw, she was prem, but fine). That's a lovely heavy baby you're carrying! I don't know if this means anything and I certainly don't wish you to have a premature baby, but typically baby's born at the stage you're at now will be absolutely fine in the end.

Last edited by Solkiki on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:00 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ahh that stinks. from what i understand dental xrays when pregnant aren't really that big of a deal if you need them.
i had my teeth cleaned when i was pregnant and elected not to do the xrays but i think many people told me it's not a huge deal. i wasnt 3rd trimester though.

i also had something done where i needed topical anesthetic. not dental related but i had a thing on my forehead removed so they used lidocaine. again i was told no big deal. im not even sure it really gets into your system its just local.

otherwise sounds like you have a super active baby doing gymnastics in yer belly! :-D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296 ... 310  Next