| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299 ... 310  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:52 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

annasrobbie wrote:
So just got back from my midwife appointment where she said I am suddenly measuring 3 weeks behind. I was right on target 3 weeks ago and no growth in the belly in the last 3 weeks. She was saying it could be just because I am tall or whatever but I am now extra stressed. I am having an US tomorrow to check things out. She said I need to be eating 100 freakin' grams of protein everyday now...I can't even...
I am sure I DO need to watch what I am eating more closely - but 100 grams?!!!This comes at a time where after the smallest nosh of something I feel extra full...

This poor child is getting flooded with all my stress hormones from the last 3 weeks...he will probably be a super neurotic individual.

Your belly measurements are typically very unreliable. If the same person measures it a few times in a row even then it's easy to get a few different measurements, let alone if it's done by different people and/or at different times. I wouldn't worry about it so much at this stage, it's certainly not something to stress about right now. There could be various reasons for it and most of these aren't very significant at this stage. Just see where it goes in the following weeks. I think your body knows very well what you should and shouldn't be eating right now. I couldn't eat much myself when I was pregnant, mostly because of reflux. I feel there's a reason for it when you don't want to eat certain foods whilst other foods are extra yummy when you're pregnant.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:35 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I personally think 100 grams of protein a day is too much. But don't listen to some random internet person. You're going to be fine, annasrobbie!! I'm sorry you're dealing with so much stress right now. If it makes you feel any better, when I was pregnant I had to do stressful things like learn to assist at c-sections and I would be on the verge of a panic attack for hours straight. My beloved dog also died in my arms and I sobbed hysterically for weeks. Scarlett so far appears to be very laid back.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:51 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

You guys are an awesome support group. So I was freaking out to my doula friend and she had me come over and did some belly mapping and said he is definitely transverse so that will make the measurement less and THEN she said that this same midwife did the same thing with her last pregnancy and had her come in for an US at 35 weeks because of measuring behind...so I feel quite a bit better.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:37 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

The way I've heard it is that if the belly measurement is off, it's just a suggestion to keep an eye out for other issues. It's not a problem in itself. Big hugs. You've had a rough few weeks, but you're going to make it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:08 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

annasrobbie, you've got so much going on all at the same time! No wonder you've been stressed. I'm glad you got to talk to your doula friend and that you feel better!

I went in for my second one hour glucose test today and got to hear what it sounds like when my wiggly little buddy moves around! It sounds like outer space sound effects from 1977.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:42 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

And we are all fine and dandy. Baby measures right on track and is 4.5 lbs at 33 weeks. Plus I learned that his testicles are both descended already so no need to worry about that ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:07 pm 

Fabulous!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:42 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

annasrobbie wrote:
And we are all fine and dandy. Baby measures right on track and is 4.5 lbs at 33 weeks. Plus I learned that his testicles are both descended already so no need to worry about that ;)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:49 pm 

We found out that Chalupa Batman might get three first cousins who will be the exact same age as Chalupa Batman! That would be pretty cool.

Also, there's a cellist at my work and right when I started to hear the music, Chalupa Batman started going crazy. Future musician? Music critic?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:04 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

bastah wrote:
Also, there's a cellist at my work and right when I started to hear the music, Chalupa Batman started going crazy. Future musician? Music critic?

That's so interesting! I'm never sure if going crazy means "I like this so much!" or "I do not like this one bit, good day to you!"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:46 pm 

Yeah, I don't know! I just played a couple minutes of Mozart as an experiment, and Chalupa who has been motionless since yesterday started going crazy again! Not even juice had an effect this morning (it actually doesn't a lot of the time--maybe because it's diluted juice).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:04 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Annasrobbie- glad you got your answer and can stop stressing!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:50 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My good friend is due two weeks after me (I'm 4/17 and she's 5/1). She was admitted this morning, because she was leaking fluid and it looks like baby will arrive today! We've been joking that she'd have her baby before me, but I didn't think THIS much earlier. (I'm a little jealous she gets to meet baby already, but I'm perfectly content with mine cooking a while longer!!)

In other news, we are all set at home whenever this baby decides it's time. This weekend we packed bags for us and Will, washed and installed the car seats, washed the newborn diapers (one last time) and organized them, stocked up on batteries... And I bought some red raspberry leaf tea ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:26 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I'm starting to worry a little bit about not being in a house before the birth. We think we found a place we like, but it's going to probably be several more weeks before all the paperwork and modifications are completed to move in. Yikes!

We are basically living in a 1br hotel suite with a kitchenette, we just took possession of our quick-arrival household goods (about 700 pounds of random stuff) and I'm sort of panicking about the idea of being here with a newborn. Stay in there a while longer, Euclid! (I'm due early June, so hopefully I'm worrying unnecessarily, but all the available space being taken up by boxes, my husband putting his bicycle together, and V's toys spread out on the floor are making me a little crazy! How do people not go insane living in Manhattan or Tokyo?)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:13 pm 

Living with all your belongings in boxes is hard! Hope you can move in time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:31 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh annak, that sounds really hard!

Brett and I refinished our floors when I was 8 months pregnant, and I had to move out for 3 weeks and live out of a suitcase at a friend's house because of the fumes and it was beyond aggravating. If I had had a toddler with me, I would have just lost my mind entirely.

Sending you lots of good thoughts and I hope you find a good home soon!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:33 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

You sound very prepared Kdub! I think if I want RRL tea I will have to order it on-line - I went to 3 shops this weekend and non was to be had...I saw a mixture from some sort of bulk herb website that had a mixture of RRL and stinging nettle which sounded good but I am kind of leery about ordering herbs from a company I have never heard of. so I might stick with the Earth Mama Angel baby or traditional medicinal brand...

Annak - it drives me bonkers to live out of a box...I hope you guys get into your permanent housing soon and can get out of that chaos!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:32 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

annak wrote:
I'm starting to worry a little bit about not being in a house before the birth. We think we found a place we like, but it's going to probably be several more weeks before all the paperwork and modifications are completed to move in. Yikes!

We are basically living in a 1br hotel suite with a kitchenette, we just took possession of our quick-arrival household goods (about 700 pounds of random stuff) and I'm sort of panicking about the idea of being here with a newborn. Stay in there a while longer, Euclid! (I'm due early June, so hopefully I'm worrying unnecessarily, but all the available space being taken up by boxes, my husband putting his bicycle together, and V's toys spread out on the floor are making me a little crazy! How do people not go insane living in Manhattan or Tokyo?)

I worried lots when I was pregnant with my daughter living in a very tiny house and not having room for anything, boxes everywhere and such, we didn't even have a proper kitchen in there. Then my pregnancy went all wrong and it looked like I was going to lose the baby and I was given no chance the baby would live and it all looked very grim for a long time. All the worries I had for the place we lived in at the time (we were also looking to move on around the end of the pregnancy) disappeared and all of a sudden seemed very unimportant. My daughter was born at prematurely and spent 6 1/2 weeks in hospital and is a healthy and happy 6yo girl today. My point is, there really isn't much that really matters when you're having some serious problems. You can live in any sort of situation, especially if it's for a short time, you'll figure it out somehow. Baby just needs a place to sleep, a place to wash, someone to look after him/her, etc. You'll be fine, good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:09 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

annasrobbie wrote:
You sound very prepared Kdub! I think if I want RRL tea I will have to order it on-line - I went to 3 shops this weekend and non was to be had...I saw a mixture from some sort of bulk herb website that had a mixture of RRL and stinging nettle which sounded good but I am kind of leery about ordering herbs from a company I have never heard of. so I might stick with the Earth Mama Angel baby or traditional medicinal brand...

I have both of the brands you mentioned. I bought the EMAB stuff way back this past summer, but I've been afraid to drink it until now. The Traditional Medicinals is what I just picked up and I found it at Target!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:26 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I don't think I looked at target...thanks for the tip!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:32 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Two weeks to go! Quick appt yesterday.. Baby's heart beat was 130s, I measured right on schedule and skipped the cervix check. Now it's a waiting game... (Will was two days early, so I'm not expecting baby too soon, but I can hope!)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:47 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Baby watch!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:53 am 

Yay, exciting! I can't imagine how hard it gets to wait near the end

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:04 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I have The Final Countdown in my head!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:49 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Exciting! Go, go baby-kdub!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299 ... 310  Next