| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7922 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300 ... 317  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:42 pm 
Chip Strong

bastah wrote:
Yeah, I don't know! I just played a couple minutes of Mozart as an experiment, and Chalupa who has been motionless since yesterday started going crazy again! Not even juice had an effect this morning (it actually doesn't a lot of the time--maybe because it's diluted juice).

Looks like my own Little Nettle has more of a pop sensibility - I was watching an episode of Veronica Mars when Louis XIV's Finding Out True Love Is Blind came on and it was a freaking dance party in there!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:56 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Kicking has been really intense lately. So much so that I spilled a cup of tea during brunch yesterday, and then the entire table of 15 or so people spent the next ten minutes watching my stomach move and jump.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:15 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

mollyjade wrote:
Kicking has been really intense lately. So much so that I spilled a cup of tea during brunch yesterday, and then the entire table of 15 or so people spent the next ten minutes watching my stomach move and jump.

Crazy! I've been waiting to get to that stage. Still can't see anything and not all the kicks can even be felt on the outside. Does it look like you have an alien inside you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:23 pm 

madeleine.teacup wrote:
bastah wrote:
Yeah, I don't know! I just played a couple minutes of Mozart as an experiment, and Chalupa who has been motionless since yesterday started going crazy again! Not even juice had an effect this morning (it actually doesn't a lot of the time--maybe because it's diluted juice).

Looks like my own Little Nettle has more of a pop sensibility - I was watching an episode of Veronica Mars when Louis XIV's Finding Out True Love Is Blind came on and it was a freaking dance party in there!

Haha now I want to play different types of music to see what happens

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:29 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

bastah wrote:
mollyjade wrote:

Crazy! I've been waiting to get to that stage. Still can't see anything and not all the kicks can even be felt on the outside. Does it look like you have an alien inside you?

It really does!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:55 pm 
Chip Strong

mollyjade wrote:

That is super intense! I can see movement from the outside but nothing on the level of spilled tea yet. My sweetheart says it sometimes feels like the baby is trying to shake hands but failing; that same feeling feels like a kitten stretching on the inside! Conclusion: bodies are weird.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:20 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I never had this particular feeling with my first pregnancy, but frequently I feel a movement that strikes me as very similar to a dog or cat scratching rapidly (you know leg up by ear super fast stuff). It is very freaky feeling and makes me wonder what could possibly be going on in there...also lots and lots of "clicking" which I guess is baby bones/cartilage cracking...too weird.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:42 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Annasrobbie, I had that twitchy buzzing feeling going for a period of several days over like two weeks, about 2 months ago and it terrified me I was so worried! I looked up some search results which were very mixed. Anyways I asked my doctor about it, I think I sounded crazy as I explained it as like a dog shakung water out of its coat or something? Lol anyways she was not worried. But it has not happened anymore and I am not sorry (knock wood). Unless it has happened to you yeah you just don't know. It is very unusual and I still wonder what that bqby was doing at those times! Definitely not hiccups. One possible explanation from online that made me loosen up and laugh was that the baby is drinking fluid then blowing bubbles through it blowing it out like doing a raspberry! That s cute!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:30 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

kdub wrote:
Two weeks to go! Quick appt yesterday.. Baby's heart beat was 130s, I measured right on schedule and skipped the cervix check. Now it's a waiting game... (Will was two days early, so I'm not expecting baby too soon, but I can hope!)

So exciting! Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:46 am 

I found out that I passed my glucose test! That's great, because I seriously couldn't do the 3 hour one. In not so great news, I need to get an ultrasound to check the baby's size, because the doc I saw today doesn't think I'm gaining enough weight. I'm 28 weeks and I've gained 15 lbs, which I think is fine because if the healthy average is 25-35 lbs, I should probably be about 25 lbs or more by the time I deliver. So I'm not too worried, but he scared me a little bit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:10 am 

Technically I've gained more than that though, because my first appointment was during my 10th week, and I had gained 2-3 lbs by then if my scale is accurate.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:51 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

That's odd... Wouldn't they be more concerned with baby's size than your own? I gained 18# with my first, and only one doc said anything "bad" about it. At least an ultrasound is another chance to peek at baby!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:34 pm 

Yeah, this isn't my normal doctor. My doctor, who I last saw two weeks ago said that I'll be gaining the lower end of the average. This one's very first comment was "You're not gaining enough weight." I did just realize that the weight that I gained during the first 10 weeks was actually weight that I had lost at the beginning of the pregnancy when I thought I had the flu and I wasn't eating for days. But still, I've heard that it's fine to gain even 15 lbs during a pregnancy, and I still have 12 weeks to go. The concern isn't about me though, just about the baby growing enough. 6 weeks ago, the baby was in the 40th percentile, so I imagine it still is around that?

And yes, we'll get to see the baby again, so no complaints there!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:51 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

bastah wrote:
I found out that I passed my glucose test! That's great, because I seriously couldn't do the 3 hour one. In not so great news, I need to get an ultrasound to check the baby's size, because the doc I saw today doesn't think I'm gaining enough weight. I'm 28 weeks and I've gained 15 lbs, which I think is fine because if the healthy average is 25-35 lbs, I should probably be about 25 lbs or more by the time I deliver. So I'm not too worried, but he scared me a little bit.

i wouldnt stress about it especially if it was a random dr you only saw once. if your belly is measuring ok that's all that matters. some people get ginormous some people dont. despite looking very small my entire pregnancy if my scale was right i think i actually gained about 20 lbs and most of it was at the end.

i was poked and prodded at so much at the end of my pregnancy when my regular dr went on maternity leave and i got a new dr. he said i was too small and i had 8000 u/s after that which in hindsight i dont think were necesary.

everyone has a different body type and you've already gained 15 lbs which to me puts you right in the healthy weight gain range!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:17 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

bastah wrote:

Congrats on passing the glucose test!

And don't worry about your weight. It's different for everyone. I think that people when you're pregnant are obsessed with those lines on graphs and any deviation immediately needs to be reported..yawn. You'll get the entire thing when baby is born and is not adding weight quick enough for whatever reason, so you'll be hearing this sort of thing way more than you might be thinking now.
I gained weight during my pregnancies, but was told it wasn't enough. It's different for everyone, it differs per culture as well. In the US they tell women to add twice the weight as in Europe. My Japanese friend said she gained almost 20lbs and the doctors told her that's way too much! And she wasn't big to begin with.

As long as there aren't any other dodgy markers I would totally not worry about it. Even when they 'measure baby's weight inside the womb they can be way off'. There is a lot they don't know, the more you get measured the more you'll hear things aren't exactly on track and this things will get mentioned, it's what they need to do and you need to not worry about it. Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:08 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

This all makes me so pleased I was never weighed when pregnant. I have no idea what my starting weight was or how much I gained.

Also, wow, kdub, really not long to go now! These ppkpregnancies seem to be flying by!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:09 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

oncewerewesties wrote:
This all makes me so pleased I was never weighed when pregnant. I have no idea what my starting weight was or how much I gained.

Also, wow, kdub, really not long to go now! These ppkpregnancies seem to be flying by!

Is that the norm in Australia? I often thought about the weight I put on before my first appointment. No one even asked me that.

I've read that 15lbs is a healthy minimum.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:36 pm 

I'm not sure, Butternut. A couple of times my midwife asked if I wanted to weigh myself as there were scales available, but I didn't, and she said it really didn't matter, though I guess if I was looking worryingly small or like I might be gaining too fast she might have been more insistent. She did suggest I weighed myself before going to the hospital to give birth in case I ended up needing an epidural as they need to know your weight to calculate dose, but I was so stubborn about not wanting drugs, then clean forgot before we left home as well.

15lb would have only given me about 2.5kg leeway on top of baby's weight, so I'm sure I put on more than that.

p.s. we're in New Zealand, not Australia ; )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:01 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Oops! Sorry about the Australian thing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:20 pm 

haha, all good! We're close together at the edge of the world, after all!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:20 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Pregnancy symptom of the day... Hemroids. Boo.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:22 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

So 35 weeks tomorrow and baby is transverse/oblique head to my left hip, just where he was two weeks ago. The midwife said we won't worry about it until the next visit (37 weeks) but I am worrying now! I am not sure if I should try doing inversions from the spinningbaby website or not...I asked the midwife and she just said we would worry about at the next visit...I am not good at putting off the worry though ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:57 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Inversions aren't going to hurt, so why not? Then you could feel like you're doing something productive anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:19 pm 
Semen Strong

Yes, and you can always try moxibustion, if you have an acupuncturist you like.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:28 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Swimming is supposed to be helpful for breech babies.. Wonder if it would help transverse?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7922 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300 ... 317  Next