| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301 ... 310  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:15 pm 
***LIES!!!***

http://www.scienceandsensibility.org/?p=7522

This didn't seem like great evidence for moxibustion to me (not clear how much the moxibustion did vs. if you just did postural stuff/inversions), but again, it won't hurt. There's also something called I think the Webster (?) technique that chiropractors use to help turn breech babies - again, who knows if it works, but probably wouldn't hurt. I totally understand the anxiety. I would probably be doing every woo-y thing out there, praying all the time, and researching OBs who do external versions if I had a malpositioned baby at 35 weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:38 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I would definitely see a chiropractor who's experienced in Webster technique, if it were me. I would also go for daily walks to use gravity to encourage the heaviest part of the baby to move downward. Good luck, annasrobbie! The odds are very much in your favor that your baby will settle into position!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:27 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

kdub wrote:
Pregnancy symptom of the day... Hemroids. Boo.

Sorry to hear. All the stuff you go through with pregnancy then this too.

Make sure you drink loads of water and have plenty of fruit and veg in your diet. Apple cider vinegar helps apparently, internally and externally. Don't use soap, don't use toilet paper, use wet wipes instead. Use ice packs if it gets bad.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:32 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

bastah wrote:
I found out that I passed my glucose test! That's great, because I seriously couldn't do the 3 hour one. In not so great news, I need to get an ultrasound to check the baby's size, because the doc I saw today doesn't think I'm gaining enough weight. I'm 28 weeks and I've gained 15 lbs, which I think is fine because if the healthy average is 25-35 lbs, I should probably be about 25 lbs or more by the time I deliver. So I'm not too worried, but he scared me a little bit.

That's exactly what I've gained, and it's one of the few things my doctors are happy with.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:47 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Saw my chiropractor today ( she is webster certified) and she said that my hips were pretty out of line and did an adjustment so hopefully that helps.
As far as inversions...I was slightly concerned that doing inversions could risk the baby turning breech because I had read that is possible - but from reading the spinning babies website it seems that there is little concern for causing problems with one 30 second inversion a day...so I will try that tonight I think.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:12 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Solkiki wrote:
kdub wrote:
Pregnancy symptom of the day... Hemroids. Boo.

Sorry to hear. All the stuff you go through with pregnancy then this too.

Make sure you drink loads of water and have plenty of fruit and veg in your diet. Apple cider vinegar helps apparently, internally and externally. Don't use soap, don't use toilet paper, use wet wipes instead. Use ice packs if it gets bad.

I've been following all those suggestions, thanks!

Unfortunately, today's symptom is the flu. Double boo. I woke up feeling fine, and a few hours later I was crashing-- chills, achy joints, throbbing head. My fever spiked at 101.5 before I finally took some Tylenol and called my midwife. She said keep up the Tylenol around the clock and if I can't keep the fever under 100, call L&D. I've been feeling really impatient about labor starting, but now I'm really hoping baby stays put a few more days. I don't think I'd have the energy for labor right now!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:44 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Hang in there Kdub! Sorry you are feeling bad and hopefully you will meet that new baby soon.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:35 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Re: Easter holidays.... well, I havent worked so not ingrained in my mind this year as such a holiday but anyway....I should not drive 500 kilometres despite my mom's encouragement to spend 3 days with mom and dad in another province at easter and than turn around and repeat that drive to get back to my place (5 hours driving, no relief driver) when I will be due, at that time, in three weeks, should I? Most medical pregnancy sites online are saying NO for that type of travel away from your delivering hospital in the last month. I would be okay satying here, frankly, if you cant tell. I hate feeling like I am disappointing people and one of my sisters and her husband are going to be there who would be fun to see. I have a dr. Appointment before then I have to remember to ask for sure. But I don't see it being worth the risk really. Come on duedate, will be nice to be unshackled and cleared to travel (albeit with sir baby in tow) in a few weeks!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:36 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Re: Easter holidays.... well, I havent worked so not ingrained in my mind this year as such a holiday but anyway....I should not drive 500 kilometres despite my mom's encouragement to spend 3 days with mom and dad in another province at easter and than turn around and repeat that drive to get back to my place (5 hours driving, no relief driver) when I will be due, at that time, in three weeks, should I? Most medical pregnancy sites online are saying NO for that type of travel away from your delivering hospital in the last month. I would be okay satying here, frankly, if you cant tell. I hate feeling like I am disappointing people and one of my sisters and her husband are going to be there who would be fun to see. I have a dr. Appointment before then I have to remember to ask for sure. But I don't see it being worth the risk really. Come on duedate, will be nice to be unshackled and cleared to travel (albeit with sir baby in tow) in a few weeks!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:02 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

you could always ask your dr what they think about traveling but i agree i wouldnt really want to travel that far so close to my due date either. plus i would think being in a car for that long would be uncomfortable.
i remember we drove 6+ hours to see my in laws for thanksgiving and i think i was about half way through the pregnancy and my chiropractor told me to take frequent stops along the way to get out and stretch my legs (i was already goign to see him like weekly for back and hip pain)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:04 pm 

I wouldn't want to travel that far, just for my own comfort, if nothing else. And I'd have no problem saying my doctor said no, whether she did or not. Your own interests and desires are so much more important these last few weeks than those of your parents.

Kdub, what rotten timing to get the flu. I hope it's short-lived and the baby holds off a few days.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:45 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

kdub wrote:
Unfortunately, today's symptom is the flu. Double boo.

Oof, what timing! Hope you feel better soon and your bebe stays patient.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:19 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Looks like baby had other plans! We welcomed #2 into our family yesterday at 6:13, less than 45 minutes after arriving at the hospital. Funny thing is, I feel better now that I did on Thursday! I'll post pictures and details soon...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:50 am 
Built this city on rock and roll

Congratulations!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:13 am 

Congratulations kdub!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:19 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Congrats!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:46 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Congratulations! Can't wait for the details -sounds like it must have been a whirlwind labor!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:37 am 
Nooch of Earl

Congratulations! Sounds like a wild ride! Glad you're feeling (a little?) better.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:40 am 

Woot! Congrats kdub! Hope you are all feeling happy and well. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:43 am 
Semen Strong

Congratulations kdub!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:53 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yay, kdub! We had the same insta-baby after getting to the hospital thing with Greta. It was pretty wild. Hope you're all resting and adjusting well!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:11 am 

Congratulations!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:29 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Congratulations kdub!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:51 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Yay kdub!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:55 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Excellent kdub!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301 ... 310  Next