| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303 ... 311  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:38 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Yay kdub! He's a sweetie. I hope you and all the other dubs are settling in and getting some rest.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:20 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I had an ultrasound today and now there is some possible concern because my fluid level is 7 cm, and it should be at least 10, I guess. So I'm going back this week to get another ultrasound and to get a nonstress test. I'm going to try drinking as much water as possible before then in hopes that it's just dehydration. The fun never ends!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:27 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

kdub, he's gorgeous!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:07 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

bastah wrote:
I had an ultrasound today and now there is some possible concern because my fluid level is 7 cm, and it should be at least 10, I guess. So I'm going back this week to get another ultrasound and to get a nonstress test. I'm going to try drinking as much water as possible before then in hopes that it's just dehydration. The fun never ends!

Good luck! Water is supposed to help. If you haven't read Expecting Better yet, I think the section on fluid level is really good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:50 pm 

I haven't, but another friend mentioned it to me yesterday and how it had helped the author! So a week and a half ago, the baby was moving around like crazy and then there was a lot less movement after that, which didn't really worry me, because there's never been a consistent amount of movement. Well since I started drinking a lot of water, there has been A LOT more movement, and I'm guessing it's related to an increase in amniotic fluid. Hopefully!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:20 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

My sister had low fluid on a check and two days later after chugging massive amounts of water had perfectly normal levels - keep that water bottle refilled!

So I am beside myself with happiness that at my appointment today the baby was head down!!! I swear last night when I palpated him he was head to my hip so I really think sometime today he moved into position. Such a sweet boy to oblige his mommy. He is OP so I am going to continue some hands and knees time so he can get his face turned 'round. Just so relieved.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:35 pm 

bastah wrote:
I haven't, but another friend mentioned it to me yesterday and how it had helped the author! So a week and a half ago, the baby was moving around like crazy and then there was a lot less movement after that, which didn't really worry me, because there's never been a consistent amount of movement. Well since I started drinking a lot of water, there has been A LOT more movement, and I'm guessing it's related to an increase in amniotic fluid. Hopefully!

I'm at the high end of normal for amniotic fluid, and I think that's part of the reason I can constantly feel movement. Little guy has lots of space to build up momentum!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:07 pm 
***LIES!!!***

annasrobbie wrote:
My sister had low fluid on a check and two days later after chugging massive amounts of water had perfectly normal levels - keep that water bottle refilled!

So I am beside myself with happiness that at my appointment today the baby was head down!!! I swear last night when I palpated him he was head to my hip so I really think sometime today he moved into position. Such a sweet boy to oblige his mommy. He is OP so I am going to continue some hands and knees time so he can get his face turned 'round. Just so relieved.

Yay, annasrobbie!!

Bastah, what was the ultrasound for? 30 weeks seems like a weird time to have an ultrasound.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:48 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I think I've been feeling slight movement the last few days? A subtle tumbling or somersaulting feeling has happened enough lately, that it has to be it. Excited for more definite movement. Also, I had an early anatomy scan and found out wee baby is a girl! My gram keeps telling everything it is a boy though... (she has some Dementia.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:27 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

My Zoetrope wrote:
I think I've been feeling slight movement the last few days? A subtle tumbling or somersaulting feeling has happened enough lately, that it has to be it. Excited for more definite movement. Also, I had an early anatomy scan and found out wee baby is a girl! My gram keeps telling everything it is a boy though... (she has some Dementia.)

The second time I felt my Little Nettle, the only thing I could compare it to was a feeling that one of my organs was suddenly free floating and had rolled over. So a tumbling or somersaulting feeling sounds about right. Exciting! :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:01 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

annasrobbie wrote:

yay!!! awesome news!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:25 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Woot woot, so excited baby is cooperating, annasrobbie!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:31 am 

Ariann wrote:
annasrobbie wrote:

Yay, annasrobbie!!

Bastah, what was the ultrasound for? 30 weeks seems like a weird time to have an ultrasound.

The doc I saw two weeks ago told me that I hadn't gained enough weight and that I needed an ultrasound to see if the baby was growing (the baby is almost 3 lbs, so it's growing!). MY doc thinks my weight is fine though! Also, not that this means much, but the fundal height is 32 weeks and the baby is measuring 29 weeks, so that seems like my body is definitely growing (this is my first time ever measuring past what my week is), and I think that probably still puts the baby in the 40th percentile, which is what it was during the anatomy US.

Annasrobbie, that's so good to hear! I think I need to do that exercise too to make this one flip.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:56 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

So my co-workers surprised me today with a little baby shower - lots of cute onesies, hooded towels, socks, diapers, etc - even some presents for mama with some vegan chocolate and bath goodies. :) Just so sweet of them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:47 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

thats so nice and super nice they actually got you vegan chocolate.

ive definitely been to things where they were like "here is a bar of chocolate i dont know if you can eat it or not"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:54 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

annasrobbie wrote:
So my co-workers surprised me today with a little baby shower - lots of cute onesies, hooded towels, socks, diapers, etc - even some presents for mama with some vegan chocolate and bath goodies. :) Just so sweet of them.

It's been a good week for you!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:21 am 

I think Chalupa Batman had enough. Looks like I'm in the hospital until I deliver. The high risk doctor is meeting me tomorrow, so I'll know more then, like whether this will happen very soon or if there's a chance they can keep me stable for 3 more weeks. I've been told that 34 weeks is the max that they will let me go. The problem is that yesterday morning I had 7 cm of fluid. This afternoon I had 5 and then a few hours later, I had 3 cm. I've been told that I can't get an ultrasound until Monday since they're not done on Sundays.

I'm hooked up to a million machines and haven't been able to get any sleep.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:04 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Oh, bastah! Hope everything works out... Thinking happy thoughts for you and baby! And hopefully you can get some rest!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:18 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Sending lots of good thoughts for you and baby, bastah!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:59 am 
***LIES!!!***

Oh no, bastah!. Hope everything works out well and the hospital expeirnece isn't too unnerving.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:29 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Bastah! Fingers and toes crossed that you and Chalupa Batman get the care that you need.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:58 am 

I'm sorry it worked out this way, but I'm glad you and Chalupa Batman are safe. Sending you good thoughts.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:44 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I'm sorry to hear that Bastah! It sounds like they caught what was going on just in time! Definitely keep us updated.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:37 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Bastah hang in there! Hope things tu rn around and become a lot more health-affirming now for Momma Bastah and babe!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:40 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ahhh Bastah that sucks! im sorry!
i was in the hospital for almost a week before BP was born and basically not really allowed to move. i remember not being able to get comfortable or sleep well and i had to ask permission everytime i wanted to eat because they were trying to induce me.

sending good vibes your way!!! try not to stress too much i hope everything works out for the best!!

as much as it totally sucks being in the hospital is probably the best place so they can monitor you!

hoping for the best for you please keep us posted!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303 ... 311  Next