| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 306, 307, 308, 309, 310
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:55 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I haven't checked this thread in a while! Love to all to new babies/mamas!

If I ever have another girl, her name will be Julia. It is an excellent name. :-)

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:04 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Congratulations, MT! I love babies with lots of hair.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:39 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Heard the heartbeat which put me at ease. :D With my very first pregnancy I had a missed miscarriage. The fetus died at 9 weeks and we didn't find out till 11. When I had to go in for an ultrasound for a screening, a heartbeat wasn't found. It was very devastating because I was so close to the 2nd trimester and thought I was safe. Because my body didn't miscarry naturally and it was getting to a month, I had to have (and wanted because I just wanted it to be over and move on) a D&C. So I get a little paranoid in the first trimester. Not spotting does not give me any comfort because there was none with my first m/c

But today at 12 weeks we heard the heart beat and I feel like I can relax:) They found it very quickly too so I didn't have to feel nervous for too long. With my first child (2nd pregnancy) it always felt like they took forever to find the heart beat with the Doppler. My OB also only does ultrasounds at 20 weeks unless one is requested. (With my second pregnancy, they did one at 8 weeks because of the previous missed M/C.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:13 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Excellent Kal! I haven't had a miscarriage and I was still a nervous wreck and made my husband come to the first trimester US appointment with me in case they found bad news - I'm so glad things are going well for you this time around.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:25 am 
Not NOT A Furry

That is good news, Kal! I'm glad it went well and you can relax a bit now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:49 am 
Nooch of Earl

Yay Kal! That's awesome news. I have a good friend who's going through somewhat similar circumstances and just reached about the same point in her pregnancy!

Skipping a first trimester u/s is a little surprising to me since most midwives and OBs seem to want an accurate due date, in case the LMP isn't reliable. (I tend to have heavy implantation bleeding right around normal period time so i could probably very easily end up being wrong about dates in the event of an unplanned pregnancy) When I was pregnant with my older daughter I was super irritated because the army hospital didn't do a nuchal translucency screen unless the initial blood work came back high…but they did do a much lower res dating u/s.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:21 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Congratulations everybody! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:07 am 
***LIES!!!***

annak wrote:
Skipping a first trimester u/s is a little surprising to me since most midwives and OBs seem to want an accurate due date, in case the LMP isn't reliable. (I tend to have heavy implantation bleeding right around normal period time so i could probably very easily end up being wrong about dates in the event of an unplanned pregnancy) When I was pregnant with my older daughter I was super irritated because the army hospital didn't do a nuchal translucency screen unless the initial blood work came back high…but they did do a much lower res dating u/s.

AFAIK most insurance doesn't cover a dating ultrasound; my midwives behaved as if none did. I think that's half the reason the nuchal translucency U/S might be pushed hard, because it fulfills the purpose of getting dates while also being covered by insurance. Now that there are better genetic abnormality tests I'm sure I'll skip any future first trimester ultrasounds. My LMP dating was spot on anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:42 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Week 12 and 13 have been the worst! I was hoping that first trimester symptoms would be decreasing, but starting at week 12 I have had a constant headache and have been lightheaded. My stomach also feels acidic and I've been very tired. I could barely get out of bed this morning and I took a nap in the middle of the day. I might go get tums. I've always been stubborn about taking medicine mostly out of laziness but I'll probably give in. There is still some nausea and the sight of onions still makes me nauseous. I just read that the second trimester technically starts at week 14. Next Saturday I'll be there!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:45 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

32 weeks tomorrow. I think she has flipped? We shall see what the dr. thinks on Tuesday I guess. It's hard to tell what parts are what! One minute I think I have it figured it out, but then there will be a kick or movement out of left field that doesn't coincide with how I think she is laying.

My shower was a few weeks ago and it actually was quite lovely. No games! My mom and sisters threw a small family picnic with yummy food (mostly vegan) and tasty punch. I made four vegan pies and they were a raving success. People were NOT kidding when they said not to buy any clothing since guests will give outfits anyways. This little girl has so many clothes already! We don't have much left to buy at all; Just diapers really. I'm still figuring out what I want to do, and think that I am going to go to a local store of mine just to see things in person. I went through most of the giant thread here and took notes, but there is so much information on different types of cloth diapers!

Nursery is a work-in-progress, but the crib and dresser/changing area are all set up, and the walls are painted.

8 weeks left is like, whoa.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:12 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

glad your shower went well.
we seriously have barely ever paid for clothes for BabyPunk.

i dont know if it's even worse for baby girls (i had a very strict no pink or frilly shiitake too) but people LOVE to buy baby clothes.
we also get hand me downs from my best friend whose daughter is a month older.

thank goodness BP is so small that i get tons of use out of the clothes.

i want some pie!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:46 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Yeah, I did well in avoiding the pink and frilly too!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:26 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I feel awesome today! Barely any sickness, and food has never looked so wonderful! This actually started Thursday night but I wanted to make sure it wasn't just a one day thing. I thought the first trimester sickness would never end! And I was worried that heartburn would persist through the entire pregnancy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 306, 307, 308, 309, 310