| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7860 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:46 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yeah, I'm fairly sure most moms are afraid of that.
I am not even pregnant again yet and I am having fear of bleeding to death during childbirth. It doesn't help that a really nice crunchy mom friend of mine posted some article by a nurse telling people not to get induced or use pitocin and including a graphic and heartwrenching story about a mom's fatal haemorrhage. I never worried much about dying during childbirth until I haemorrhaged after I had Raygold. I didn't haemorrhage the last time, but I'm still worried about next time (no, not pregnant yet).

And I am always worried about the baby, too. Last time the midwives assured me I didn't have to check the baby's breathing constantly as long as the baby was pink. That actually helped a lot because I could just look over and see he was okay and didn't feel like I had to do a full night vigil for the first few nights like I did for my other two.

That said, my last labour was probably the most painful of all, but I totally don't fear the pain of labour.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:25 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

So baby girl is officially head down, confirmed in an ultrasound this morning. There was some uncertainty of that last week. She's still super-high up though and seems pretty content there. I'll be 38 weeks on friday. Estimated weight right now is 7 lb, 11 oz (75th percentile). Everything else is great! I was GBS negative and her heart-rate and my blood pressure were perfect. I even lost a pound, woo! I'm feeling kinda "done" in terms of being pregnant, but happy that all seems to be well. Lots of pressure, BH contractions, and a kind of shooting, stinging sensation in my pelvis (which the internet affectionately tells me is called "lightning crotch.") Otherwise, we are pretty ready minus a few things left to do in the Nursery.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:39 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yay! Glad things are going so well, my zoetrope! Excited for you!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:42 am 
Nooch of Earl

Good luck MZ!! Those last few weeks seem to take foreeeever. But it sounds like you've got everything going right! Good luck! Don't put too much stock in those weight estimates, the error of margin is huge. Stay comfortable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:52 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Yay for head down and GBS negative!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:03 pm 
Chip Strong

So exciting, My Zoetrope!

PS: my flattened out navel returned to normal immediately.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:22 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

good luck it's coming up so fast!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:20 am 

Due tomorrow! Haha, and no sign of her coming anytime soon. Last week the Dr. said I was dilated 2cm, but yesterday the Dr. (different one) couldn't even reach my cervix. So, there's that. They said they could talk about induction after 41 weeks, but I'm not sure I want to go down that road. Hoping she decides to just come out on her own! Been trying alllll the old wives tale tactics. Well, not all, castor oil does not appeal to me. My cousin's fiancé is due a few days after me too (and delivering in the same hospital!) so I keep comparing notes with her. The whole extended family could be in the hospital at the same time, which could be awesome or horrible. First grand-baby on my side of the family! My husband is hoping she is born on the 23rd so that they will share a father-daughter birthday (awww.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:55 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Happy due date eve! I hope she comes soon and it all goes swimmingly. A father-daughter birthday would be so sweet.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:24 am 
***LIES!!!***

Happy almost due date! Luckily the whole cervix check thing doesn't actually correlate with how close you are to giving birth, so don't be discouraged!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:52 am 

Thanks! I'm trying to stay busy so I don't think about it as much, but much easier said than done. I hate the not knowing when it is going to happen part!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:29 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Woohoo! Good luck! First babies are born about a week after their due date on average, if that makes you feel any better. My daughter missed sharing her dad's birthday by an hour, but it's still fun that their birthdays are one day apart. It only I could have pushed harder! Ha.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:06 pm 
***LIES!!!***

We had a hurricane on my husband's birthday three years ago and I was totally sure Malka was going to be born as a result (because one must panic about how they're getting to the hospital and all that), but nope. He is still bitter about their birthdays being so close together (week and a half).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:03 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Good luck Zoetroppe!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:08 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Good luck! I hope she comes soon! Hey, it could even happen tomorrow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:08 pm 

Still pregnant at 41 weeks. :(

If she doesn't come by the end of this weekend, I am scheduled for induction Sunday night (unless I get bumped, then Monday night.) I was dilated 3 cm and was 70% effaced on Wednesday and my midwife tried to help things along as best she could. Here's hoping labor comes on it's own!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:43 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Hang in there, buddy! My first was born the day before I was scheduled to be induced (at 42 weeks) and the waiting game can be so frustrating. I hope you get to meet her very soon!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:06 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Good luck!! It took me a good few hours of labor for my cervix to get to where yours is, so you're ahead of the game! I know you didn't ask for medical advice but I'm sorry, I can't help myself... I just have to recommend keeping in mind that sometimes all it takes is a little pitocin to push you over the edge and into labor when your cervix is "ripe" like yours, and if that's the case you can request that it be turned off to see if your body keeps laboring on its own. Ok, I'm done! Have a great birth!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:32 pm 

mooo wrote:
Good luck!! It took me a good few hours of labor for my cervix to get to where yours is, so you're ahead of the game! I know you didn't ask for medical advice but I'm sorry, I can't help myself... I just have to recommend keeping in mind that sometimes all it takes is a little pitocin to push you over the edge and into labor when your cervix is "ripe" like yours, and if that's the case you can request that it be turned off to see if your body keeps laboring on its own. Ok, I'm done! Have a great birth!

No, all advice accepted!! I actually had that thought in my head of just asking for the lowest dose possible of pitocin just to see how my body responds and if it can do it on it's own. Will def. bring that up if it comes to induction, thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:29 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

So exciting! I hope baby comes soon for you! I had a medical induction with my first (cytotec and pitocin) because basically nada was happening with my cervix at 42 weeks and then I had a drug free nipple stimulation induction at 41 weeks with my second when I was 4cm and 70% effaced - both went really smoothly!!! Hope you don't have to go that route, but inductions can go really well (I know I had basically heard only horror stories before mine).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:30 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:20 pm 

Stella is here! She came this past Saturday, after 13 hours of labor and 4 very very long hours of pushing. I managed to go completely drug-free (yay!) even though I thought it was never going to end during the last hour or two. It was a great hospital experience surrounded with by my awesome midwife and some amazing nurses. She weighs in at a whopping 9 lb, 3 oz., 23 inches long (!!) and is perfect. :)

I posted some photos on instagram:
http://instagram.com/p/tfdVP-EUty/?modal=true
http://instagram.com/p/tlYnsdEUm_/?modal=true

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:30 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Congrats! I must have missed the news on Instagram over the weekend. I adore her name. It was alway's on my list of possible names.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:42 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Ooh, I love the stretchy face picture! Hope you're feeling good!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:44 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Welcome to the world Stella! Congratulations. Wow! 4 hours of pushing - you are a beast!!! (I was totally exhausted by my 15 min of pushing)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7860 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315  Next