| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:16 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I have a four year old! I can't believe what a big kid she is. Her birthday party this past weekend was the first time she was really excited to invite all her little friends from preschool and the neighborhood over. I loved watching them interact. We got her a bike for her birthday and we may be just slightly more excited about it than she is... I think as an obsessive cyclist, teaching my kid to ride a bike is one of the most exciting things that's ever happened to me. She's wildly skilled on her balance bike, so we decided to try to go straight to a pedal bike without training wheels, and we'll see how she does!

Favorite things as of her fourth birthday:
Food- sushi
Dessert- EVERYTHING (she takes after me)
Toy- trains, trains, trains (and her favorite train is Emily)
Books- Monkey with a Toolbelt
Animal- cat (she loves our dog but is much more enthusiastic about cats, which our dog wants to murder)
Pretend game- dramatic dinosaur confrontations

Dislikes: flies in the house, being cut off from snacking, wedgies, and hot weather (unless she's swimming)

I love this kid!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:07 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

awwww happy birfday Scarlett!!! you sound like an awesome kiddo! have fun on your new bike!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:21 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Happy birthday, Scarlett! She sounds so fun!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:44 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

And on her second try today, she is now riding a bike. Full on riding around the whole block without training wheels, turning corners and using her brakes. My heart is exploding with excitement!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:08 pm 
Semen Strong

Wow! Happy Birthday Scarlett!!

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:45 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Happy birthday Scarlett! Good job on the bike!

mooo, mind telling me what brand bike you got her? TW is also a pro at the balance bike ad has been begging for a "pedal bike.". But she's so small that I'm having a hard time finding one that would fit. Any tips would be great.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:53 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Happy birthday Scarlett!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:55 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Jonah turned 2 last week. It's amazing how much older he seems over the last few weeks. His vocabulary and syntax especially.

He follows us around saying, "What doing, Mommy? What doing, Daddy?" He says both names no matter who's there.

He's really into trucks, puzzles, and Paw Patrol (a cartoon). He likes helping me cook. One of his jobs is to shake the box of pasta.

He loves our cat, Mable. She's a saint and lets him hug and pet her.

His favorite food is still bananas, but he's also fond of spaghetti, yogurt, and any other fruit. He doesn't like anything meaty (veg sausage, tempeh, gardein, etc.)

He still doesn't like loud noises (the blender) and things that move (kiddie train, elevator).

His favorite color is this horrible neon green-yellow. He has a hat that color that he loves.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:57 am 
Inflexitarian

haha I love the specificity of Jonah's likes and dislikes. Very two. ;) He sounds like a great little guy!

And Mooo, I can't believe Scarlett is four!! She sounds amazing, and I love that she's conquered her big girl bike so quickly, wow!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:53 am 

Happy birthday Jonah!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:16 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

awww happy birthday Jonah!

BP hates the blender too! blender hating solidarity!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:38 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Happy birthday, Jonah!

Little Nettle was also not a fan of the blender or the coffee grinder until we let her try running them herself ("on own" is very big around these parts) - and now we get very, very finely ground coffee.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:31 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I'm so late posting this, but mini wu is a roller! He's 4.5 months now and has been able to flip back to front and front to back for a few weeks now. And having developed these skills, he's also decided that if no one is holding him while he sleeps (whichn his opinion is vastly preferable) then he will be a tummy sleeper.

He is a real chatterbox and always very alert and focused. Like his big sister, he's frustrated with the limitations of being a baby. (TW was pretty much a bundle of misery til she started walking at 10 months). MW is long and skinny-- he has his 5 month check up later today (early because of summer holidays) so we'll soon find out just how big he is.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:53 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Aw, congrats mini wu! I feel you on the frustrated baby front Ezra is now 8 months and is a completely different baby since he started being able to stay sitting up (about a month ago). He just really hated lying down helplessly all those months!

I don't know if it's a sleep regression or just the heat (it's in the 90s all the time here this week and we have no AC) but Ezra's sleep has been all over the place this week. He is mostly down to 2 naps (from 3) now, but twice this week he skipped the 2nd one, and a couple times he's been up in the night for like 2 hours at a time, and often has trouble getting to sleep even when he's definitely tired... someone tell me this ends soon, please!

Other than the sleep issues, I am just so so happy these days with Ez. He's fun and funny and interested in EVERYTHING. We had the hardest time with him in the first few months, as he was such a cranky, challenging baby, but since about 5 months it has been getting easier by the day. I already keep saying "when we have our second one," which makes my husband nervous, ha ha.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:51 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

sounds like mini wu and E are doing great! <3

i think the post infant period can be so much fun. they all of a sudden are noticing the world around them and everything is amazing!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:46 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Giles turned 4 yesterday! We tried to make it a super fun day and failed the first half by taking him to a splash park that he was terrified of, then taking him to the trainride that was closed, then taking him out to eat where they served us all but forgot his food and so we waited another 15 minutes for his lunch to come out...but the evening was more of a hit with a tower of donuts instead of cake (since he doesn't like cake) and presents! I am still amazed and delighted when he talks about things - he told me that he ate "one, two, three, FOUR donuts today" because he is Four years old and building castles with Dada was "so fun". He got magna-tiles for his birthday so they enjoyed building and knocking down with those. He gets a second party with my extended family in a few weeks because we are in the midst of a move this week and next - he shares his birthday with his cousin so she chose a Jake and the Neverland Pirates theme so I think we are having a kiddie pool and pirate gear to wear...and I guess more donuts, but this time I don't think he needs FOUR of them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:30 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ahhhh happy birthday Giles!!! sorry the first half of the day didnt go as planned but a donut tower sounds pretty amazing!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:14 pm 

I have a 1 year old!!!

I bought her a vegan cupcake but she hated it. She took one nibble and made a terrible face and then refused to touch it. She didn't get that from me! I'm all about cake.

It's cool watching her learn and grow. She still sleeps like a newborn and is up 8 or so times in a night but the pediatrician says there's nothing to do but wait for her to grow out of it. She's starting to walk a bit and looooves playing in the sandbox at the park.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:19 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

oh my goodness! happy 1 year sweet little baby lobster! i hope you are having fun emptying all of moms cupboards!!

BP slept like a newborn fooooorrrreeeevvvvvveerrrrrr

she also wanted nothing to do with cake til her 3rd birthday but that may have been more about her eating issues. oh well more cake for mommy right?

i love when they just start figuring out the walking thing. so far that was my favorite age. for BP it was 18 months cause she was a late walker but i LOVE LOVE LOVED watchng her toddle around parking lots like it was the best forking day of her life :-)

1 to 2ish was a super fun age for us!

happy birfday E! and happy birth anniversary to you lobstah!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:20 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Little Nettle is two! I find this almost impossible.

She loves to tell stories, epecially great was her latest version of Red Riding Hood: "One night, wolf come out to bite. Meet Red Riding Hood. Red Riding Hood gobble up wolf!"

She sings and dances and helps in the kitchen and is a terrible sleeper and loves books and rockets and animals and is basically becoming this interesting actual little person.

She's also still a jokester who likes to switch the labels on jars in the pantry and tuck bags of pumpkin seeds into bed to surprise me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:21 pm 

Happy birthday Little Nettle!

LP I totally scooped up and ate the frosting on the (dirty) high chair tray. No shame in my game.

I feel like having a kid has reeeeeally lowered the bar on what I find gross.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:34 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Happy birthdays Baby Lobster and Little Nettle!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:26 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

how is it possible Little Nettle is two??!?!?!?

happy birthday Little Nettle!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:53 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Aw, Happy Birthday Little Nettle and baby Lobster!

Love the story madeleine.teacup <3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:56 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

My sweet little A is 15 months old! She is is a little joker who loves to dance and sing and look for ducks and push her toy dog around. She took her first steps yesterday and at the same time seems to be learning to talk actual words! No is her favourite word. I am starting to understand what it might be like to have an independent toddler, we have had a few meltdowns already and some days I am very tired of 'setting boundaries'. But she is a sweetheart. We took a trip to the seaside this week and it was so cool to show her the waves.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136  Next