| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 103  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:18 am 
Semen Strong

Leela has started to dance to her musical table. She shakes her fluffy cloth diapered butt to the beat and its so cute, we have to fight not to laugh, because then she stops, grins and crawls over to us.

::SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!::

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:35 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

oh man I can't believe I am letting this get to me but:

Dahlia is obsessed with BAGS. She has maybe ten little purses, back packs, totes etc and ALL DAY LONG she fills them with random small toys like blocks, trains, little figurines etc. It's kinda cute because then she'll tell me "I have A LOT of stuff in my backpack Mama" but I'm driven slightly crazy by the fact that there are tiny toys everywhere. Haha when did I become a person who is angered by the fact that TOYS are not being used for their actual purpose? it's so dumb! she's getting just as much enjoyment out of putting them in various bags and walking around but for some reason it bothers me. Ugh.

I've been really proud lately of her speech development, which is something she really had us worried about. Lately it's all long, descriptive sentences and it's so much fun!

And we had a brief road trip this weekend (to Philly)...we went to the Please Touch Museum, which is incredible even though its kinda $ and was quite crowded since it was the weekend. She had an absolute blast and was soooo good about transitioning and leaving when it was time to go. Then we got yummy food to bring to the hotel and checked in to a suite that was almost as big as our entire apartment, and my lovely partner stayed with Dahlia and Sierra while I went and tore it up at a hardcore show for several hours. During the drive home the next day I was just so overcome with how much fun it is to go places with her now as I enjoyed her running commentary about stuff we were passing. Sierra isn't particularly fond of her carseat but there was minimal wailing and actually a whole lot of smiling.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:20 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Audrey, I laughed about Dahlia and the bags. The Emperor is bag crazy too. His prized possession right now is a drawstring bag my mother in law made out of scraps and put his name on. He drags it around putting little things into it and then taking them back out. It makes me a little crazy too, especially because he flips when his brother touches his treasure bag.

On the other hand, the way he says "tweasure" is kinda priceless.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:39 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

BabyEnchilada is 10 months old and has 14 teeth! Crazy, right?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:41 pm 
***LIES!!!***

FOURTEEN?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:54 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Crazy!

Audrey, sounds like you got some awesome family and momma time!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:11 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Ginger is seriously the mellowest baby. She rarely cries and she sleeps a lot, unlike her sister Molly who has always been rather finicky/needy. She's super alert when she is awake though, also unlike her sister was... Molly adores her, which is nice, but doesn't understand the concept of "don't squish the baby".

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:04 pm 
Semen Strong

Awwww! Ginger!

Audrey, your Philly trip sounds wonderful, and hurrah for getting to go to a show and get some awesome adult time too!

BE - 14!!! Yikes!

C&S, how sweet is your MIL! That bag sounds adorable. I feel the need for more vacation pictures of E and M!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:11 pm 
Married to the wolfman

So we finally had the Magician's 6 month checkup today, 5 days before his 7 month day!

He is up to 20 lbs 11 oz. I went back and checked the Emperor's records and at his 6 month appointment (which was also just before he turned 7 months because I am awesome at doing things) and he weighed 24 lbs. They were exactly the same height (70cm, though the pediatrician did a double take at this and said he thought the PA maybe measured his height a little wrong because he looks taller). I don't remember head circumference but it's about 93rd percentile so big but not as giant as E's. So funny to see how different they are physically... and it makes the whole thing where I have this gut reaction of "ooooh you tiiiiiiny little baby!" when I look at M make more sense. He is tiny compared to his brother!

Here is the Magician yesterday:

The Emperor at the same age:

Also, T, my in-laws are pretty seriously wonderful! And full of good ideas. It makes me so bummed out that we live so far away from them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:07 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

BigEnchiladas wrote:
BabyEnchilada is 10 months old and has 14 teeth! Crazy, right?

Holy Canoli! We are at 5 and I was pretty excited! 14!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:41 am 
Semen Strong

Oh wow C&S, those pictures are amazing! And so funny that you feel like M is tiny at 20lbs 10oz - I feel like L is massive at 20lbs 4 oz at 9 months, probably because most of our friends have these adorable little babies.

Also E is the cutest in that swing! He looks so tall and skinny these days its so fun to remember him as a baby!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:14 am 
Not NOT A Furry

The toddlers in my class are also obsessed with bags! They're always filled with the most random stuff.
Henry has teeth coming in! The two bottom front ones seem to be coming in at the same time, so far the only side effects are drooliness and sleepiness, I'm hoping it stays that way. He's doing great at daycare, all the little girls in his class (they're 6-10 months older - until September, when he'll get a new crop of babies in his class) adore him, which makes me heart absolutely melt. They've got him on an awesome nap schedule which I can't seem to replicate at home, alas.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:17 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

We have been on holiday for 25 days. In that time, Freya has:

- spoken her first word (Papa) and maybe a second (dog)
- learned to wave goodbye/hello
- started scooting forward using her toes as propulsion and starting some "backward crawling"
- has two new teeth, one maybe not quite busted through all the way
- learned to "give" things to people (and dogs) and how to "play ball" (throwing back and forth, more or less)
- is now enjoying taking baby steps while holding our hands, an activity she previously despised

The times they are a' changin. I was talking to my mom one day on vacation about her birthday, which is now just 98 days away. Holy crepe, how did this happen?

Also, she now loves loves "jokes" with her dad. Favorite today was fake coughing until he'd do it back at her and she'd giggle with glee. How I love my little weirdo.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:44 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Refinnej, that is so wonderful!

Grey is sleeping in his room, alone (well, maybe with cats). I am so happy-sad. I miss him already, but it is time for him to be in his own space.

Although things aren't perfect today I felt really good about the way we are parenting and seeing how happy grey is. I also love watching him explore and I am so happy we have been giving him the confidence to see the world. He might always be the dirtiest baby, but he is also the happiest. I love him dearly.

Edit: he also got to have slumber parties with jordanpattern and abbierae. He loves them both very much!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:14 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

We are dealing with a terrible bedtime phase of doom with Molly. It involves screaming and flailing and kicking ... sigh. The past 2 days we have stopped having her nap and it's reduced the agony from several hours to 45 minutes or so. But seriously. Miserable. Nothing we do seems to help; she just apparently is out of control. I despair. Anyone else dealt with this?

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:08 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Lorelei is going to turn 1 year old in a week. She has 4 teeth, with 2 more about to erupt. She has not taken any steps by herself yet except for a couple of times on accident when she didn't realize we were no longer holding her up. She seems very cautious. She has said her first word, but it's not really a word. She was saying "Bap" in the car so I repeated it to her and we went back and forth saying it for a few minutes. Then I decided to try to get her to say "Daddy" which she did pretty well with and got the basic sounds out. She is not sleeping through the night by any means. She usually wakes up 3-4 times a night on a good night. I am basically dead from sleep deprivation.

She knows how to wave hello and goodbye, and has played toss the ball with us, which is really cute and totally surprized me!

I'm probably forgetting a few things, but here is her on her new "Y bike" which she loves.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonssis ... hotostream

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:14 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Lorelei took her first steps on her own yesterday, here's a clip I took today of her walking by herself.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonssister/7854868922/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:32 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

dragonssister wrote:
Lorelei took her first steps on her own yesterday, here's a clip I took today of her walking by herself.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonssister/7854868922/

That was really cool.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:45 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

It's so funny that duck walker toy gives her a sense of security she was walking all over with it! But if she doesn't have it she acts like she doesn't know how to walk. Silly baby.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:04 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

dragonssister wrote:
It's so funny that duck walker toy gives her a sense of security she was walking all over with it! But if she doesn't have it she acts like she doesn't know how to walk. Silly baby.

Yeah, I was totally watching it and like, "that baby's not gonna walk" but sure enough, she was just like, "i'm gonna take my duck for a walk around the block. see ya later."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:59 am 
Semen Strong

That is adorable! I can't believe how big Lorelei has gotten!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:33 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Awww Lorelei is even cuter in video form! I love her bike and her walking. Especially the beginning of the walking video when she looks at you, and back towards her toys like "What? I'm busy.", then poof, takes off walking.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:09 pm 

Yay for Lorelei!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:19 pm 
Married to the wolfman

That purple birthday cake is amazing, but not as amazing as Lorelei walking! She looks so steady!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:34 pm 

I was like "wait, what? Purple birthday cake? That is awesome ds!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 103  Next