| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 102  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:09 pm 
Semen Strong

Video of Leela and her friend stealing a store display. Better parents would have probably intervened earlier and stopped them, instead of videotaping it all.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152332122425524

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:18 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Facebook wrote:
This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

: /

Sounds super adorable though!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:33 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

We've got smiles!!
Eli started actually smiling at me on purpose yesterday. I used to think I had an unhappy baby with how much he cried and didnt want anybody other than me and he was just overall fussy... well a few days ago, we went through the big 6wk growth spurt and since then he's been sleeping better and he's even smiling at me now. Cutest thing ever! Maybe he was just never getting full enough (even though he was growing and a big boy at that too)... and so he kept complaining. Now, he's doing much better. Yay! :)

And how is my baby almost 8wks old already??

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:14 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Will crawled a real crawl... once... to get away from Santa! He has done a pace or two since, but he was determined to get aaway from that man. I'm tempted to visit everyday until Christmas just to give him a little incentive.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:49 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

stuckunderhere wrote:
We've got smiles!!
Eli started actually smiling at me on purpose yesterday. I used to think I had an unhappy baby with how much he cried and didnt want anybody other than me and he was just overall fussy... well a few days ago, we went through the big 6wk growth spurt and since then he's been sleeping better and he's even smiling at me now. Cutest thing ever! Maybe he was just never getting full enough (even though he was growing and a big boy at that too)... and so he kept complaining. Now, he's doing much better. Yay! :)

And how is my baby almost 8wks old already??

aw man, i so feel you. lydia is SO FRICKING FUSSY right now. it is really hard for me because tzipi was really quite easy still at this stage. lydia is much more demanding and does that thing where she loses her mind in the 10 seconds between me noticing she's gnawing on her hands and getting my boob in her mouth. and she won't let us put her down at all, and she won't sleep during the day and she wants to nurse every hour. i just keep thinking, "6 weeks, 6 weeks, 6 weeks" over and over so i don't forget it'll get better.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:52 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Aw, littlebird. Six weeks is coming!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:52 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

also, tzipi is sleeping in her BUNK BED tonight. AHH. i'm simultaneously dead of cute and anxiety. i really hope she doesn't fall out tonight.

also also, she sings, constantly. she sings me "if you're happy and you know it" (oh, and is actually understandable) and makes me do the actions, and also makes up these hilarious songs with her own tunes... about 40% is in english, 40% in french, and 20% is some made up words.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:34 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I really thought 6 weeks would be the end... He will be 8wks in 2 days... not so much :( we had 2 horrible nights now and he was screaming his head off yesterday. Blah!

Tell tzipi to come teach Sam some french.. He wont let me. He keeps saying "No, mommy! Enga-lish!!"

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:57 am 
Bathes in Braggs

it's all daycare, seriously. i barely speak french at all, and she's already on her way to outpacing me, although listening to her dad and her have conversations is a really great way to learn! we have her at an all french daycare. the downside is that i generally have no idea what's going on... the upside is that she speaks french exclusively for 6-8 hours a day.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:29 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Ohhh, you guys and your sweet French kids! That sounds so awesome. And 6-8 hours is fantastic! I'm so jealous. When I moved to Canada, I was totally set on having my little guy go to French immersion school, but it's hard to get into here. A lottery, I believe? And the closest school is a bus ride away instead of a walk. I still might try, but man will I hate myself when I have to bus him everyday.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:48 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Malka is doing MUCH better than she was before. She is actually interested in playing again, which is a huge relief. She's still extra sleepy and clingy, but today she happily danced and played on the floor with me for about an hour and that's a huge improvement. Her favorite new thing today was doing trust falls with me. She sat on my leg and was wobbly so she let herself fall back on the other leg - this was the funniest thing that has ever happened, apparently, so she had to do it in every possible variation.

She's doing much better with her fluid and food intake, back to soaking lots of diapers and just a week ago she was making like one wet diaper during the day. She went back to the doctor today and had put back on half a pound!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:18 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh, I love the kidlets speaking French! So cute!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:13 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I'll try to video Sam talking french... with the little words he knows. Mostly "Je t'aime" (I love you), "bonjour" (hello), "bonne nuit" (goodnight) and "gros toutou" (big teddybear) LOL

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:10 pm 
Married to the wolfman

The Magician turned 11 months old on Thursday! Here's his 11 month picture next to the Emperor's 11 month one:

ImageImage

The reason he looks so excited is that a dog had just walked by.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:09 am 
Semen Strong

These pictures are so epic. I love seeing both your big boys, its so nice to see Emperor Babykins pictures and yay for solipsnation :) do a monthly picture with Leela in a chair, but I love that you use solipsnation for scale instead :)

Also how oh how is the Magician 11 months old already? He's supposed to be a wee baby!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:07 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Man, E had some amazing legs! Happy 11 months, smiley M!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:02 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Tofulish wrote:
Also how oh how is the Magician 11 months old already? He's supposed to be a wee baby!

This!

I'm pretty sure ppk kid sage at warp speed or something.

Also (obvs) m & e are insanely cute. Their cheeks!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:40 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

This communication thing is awesome and hilarious.

Grey makes a num num noise and kind of slapping of the lips when he is thirsty/wants BOOBIE. He also says BOOBIE. And he says cookie (thanks Nate). He can say water, but he only says it for flowing water in the creek or in a ditch or whatever, he doesn't say it when he wants to drink. Here is the thing, he knows they are the same because when we were on a law all earlier he bent down to touch the water in the street and then put his hand in his mouth. Gross.

ETA: the capitalization of BOOBIE is autocorrected on my iPad. I have no idea...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:41 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

BOOBIE...hehe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:19 pm 
Married to the wolfman

BOOBIE!

We are staying with my in laws, who have a cat. M gets SO excited every time he sees her and points and shouts "KAAAAA!" or "keeeeeeeey!" Which is adorable but I seriously mean every time he notices her-- so if they're sitting in the same room together, he gets stuck in this loop of cat noticing-- cat greeting-- cat forgetting-- cat noticing again.

The Emperor is so super happy to be here. He's been on his best behavior, even eating soup and potatoes, two of his mortal enemies.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:46 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Elijah is 2 months old today. The little is already teething and trying to roll over.

HOW??? Time goes too fast, I tell ya. *sigh*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:20 pm 

Heh, C&S, Freya is exactly the same way about cats. She gets so excited that she often can't calm down for several minutes and is sorta excited/frustrated all at the same time. Now that she's really mobile, the neighbor cats come by less often, but one of them (who visited me every single day while I was pregnant and magically non-allergic) tolerates her sudden movements well and F's really quite good about petting gently. The day we had the injured cat in the house (at the weekend, when the vet was closed), I thought she was surely going to explode. It was then that she learned to climb up the stairs (to get the resting cat).

Freya just yesterday and today has decided that walking is awesome. She's being doing little spurts for about two months(!) now, but she's just randomly letting go of stuff and walking across the room now. It still freaks us out sometimes. Freaks her out too occasionally. Last weekend, I think it was, she started across the living room, then stopped and suddenly realized she wasn't holding anyone's hand and just stood there looking around, then yelled for K to help her.

Her vocabulary continues to grow by leaps and bounds. Latest additions include skål (what you say when you make a toast in Norwegian), ball, and "up", which I'm sure she had said 5000 times in the like 8 days that she's been able to say it. She did a sort of two-word phrase with it even, but I think it was not really intentional. She has this special light that shines stars on the ceiling of her bedroom in the evenings as she goes to sleep. She likes for K to hold her up high so she can "touch" the stars. So a couple of nights ago we hear "tar...tar...tar..tar up" and then she's waving at her dad saying "tar..up". This kid is gonna talk my ear off!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:16 pm 
Semen Strong

Awww! Yay Freya!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:05 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Kai is getting heavy. (he's 26 lbs now) It is getting to the point I can't lift him up high and spin him around as much as I used to and now I'm sad! (I couldn't find the thread FF started, 'it's great you're getting older but stop') This means we're on the road to when I won't be able to pick him up anymore, then he won't want to cuddle anymore...boohoo! On the up side, I'm going to enjoy the time we have left as much as I can, and maybe my workout new year's resolution will make me stronger and extend things a bit. There's always hope.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:04 pm 

Oi, 5 minutes after I read your post Aubade, I see this on HP: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/devon-cor ... lp00000009. Where are my freaking tissues? :)

I've been really sad lately that there are phases that "everyone" (family and our closest friends) are missing. No one heard her over the course of 2-3 weeks saying "tyttebaer" (a Norwegian word for a kind of berry that I'm sure neither Karl or I had ever said in her presence). Only we saw when she was 6 months old and was obsessed with bouncing on the bed while sitting or last month when she was obsessed with the duck song and would shake her butt better than J-Lo. They missed stomping her feet on the end of the changing table every day and laughing with glee, Pierre the French cow, an obsession with the Halloween skeleton on our door, spinning in the exersaucer and a hundred other things I can't remember.

Whew...we need to move.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 102  Next