| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 105  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:38 pm 
Chip Strong

Happy birthday, Ezra! I love seeing how all the kids' faces change as they grow up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:41 pm 
Saggy Butt

Happy birthday Ezra!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:17 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

happy bday, Ezra! such a cutie!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:44 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Happy birthday to sweet Ezra! I love the progression pics. So wonderful.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:11 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I'm trying to get caught up, I decided to take a month off my forums and do some other things, it was great to be creative and spend lots of time outside. I have a cat on me and Grey is sleeping so I am trying to catch up!

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good. Grey is chatting like crazy and singing all the time. He runs everywhere and has so much fun. These days are filled with joy and I rarely have real complaints, it's pretty awesome considering how tough our first year was.

On Monday I left him with a friend for 8 hours, the longest we've ever been a part. He did quite well, although no nap. He came back with new words and he seems like he is understanding better when he is going to the bathroom/not wanting to be wet. Her son is the same age and he's been potty trained for months!

In other news, we are moving to Arizona for 6-12 months. Nate accepted a position and while they have an office in Sunnyvale, they want him in their Tempe office until he is all trained or something. It's exciting and scary. I am really excited for the awesome weaving that is happening there and how cheap it is! We will save money for a change! And we will have a pool!

I will try and be around more, the next six weeks are going to be crazy!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:42 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Happy Birthday Ezra! His journey has been amazing! :)

annak, that sounds exciting and intense! I lived in Tempe for a while geez, nearly 20 years ago! It's a pretty interesting place....there was lots I didn't like, but I loved the outdoors. I never did so much hiking in my life. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:01 pm 

Aw, yay Ezra! I can't believe he's three already. Such a cutie.

That's exciting, littlebear! I think short-ish changes of scenery like that can be really fun adventures. Would you guys have to move closer to Sunnyvale when you get back to CA or would Nate commute?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:03 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Giles is KILLING me with his growing up. On the 2nd he started crawling and yesterday he nonchalantly pulled himself up to standing AND took a few "cruising" steps along our entertainment center!!! What happened to my little limp ragdoll baby who's biggest accomplishment was to lift his head a fraction of an inch off the mat?!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:46 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

annasrobbie wrote:
Giles is KILLING me with his growing up. On the 2nd he started crawling and yesterday he nonchalantly pulled himself up to standing AND took a few "cruising" steps along our entertainment center!!! What happened to my little limp ragdoll baby who's biggest accomplishment was to lift his head a fraction of an inch off the mat?!

Whoa! That's so exciting! He's getting those legs ready to walk!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:09 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

woot giles!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:53 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Happy belated birthday Ezra!

Wow Giles, slow down baby! You'll be running after him in no time, annasrobbie!

Westiebaby is 14 weeks old today so I'm officially claiming that we have kicked that fourth trimester in the arse. She continues to amaze me every day, her smile is so infectious, and there's nothing better in this world than picking her up after a nap and snuggling that gorgeous fluffy baby head! She laughed for the first time on Friday and it absolutely melted my heart.
She's an amazingly resilient baby, the last few weeks I've had her out of the house almost all day every day and often getting home only just in time to go to bed but she's coped so well. She's got a tremendously strong grip [and I've got the bruises to prove it], she's just about off the charts for length, and is still eating well and gaining a good amount of weight.

Here she is on Sunday night at my best friend's wedding: [with the bride (her godmother) and I]

And here's my gorgeous baby girl pretending to be a big girl and 'sitting up' with my mum on Monday:

eta: eek! Massive pictures! sorry!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:37 am 
Bathes in Braggs

congrats! i was just thinking of you because we had the same due date (or due week) and we both ended up with less than peaceful starts with our newborns. and ezra and tzipi look like they would be good friends. aw, i'm getting all mushy. happy birthday, grown-up boy!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:20 am 
Nooch of Earl

Wow, she's so big and bright-eyed already! You and your friend are gorgeous as well!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:33 pm 

Freya has started saying her own name today! The first time was while we were eating grapes together as a snack. We had two bowls: hers cut in half, mine not. She was touching/examining my bowl and I said "those are Mommy's". Quick as a wink, she picks up one of hers and says "Fey...fey", then touches her chest and eats the grape. Later, "Fey"'s pajamas were on the clothesline, "Fey" was in a picture on my computer...and so on.

Oh, I love Fey.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:11 pm 
Chip Strong

Scarlett turned 10 months old yesterday. She very clearly points at my partner and says "dada," points at me and says "mama," points at my mom on the computer screen via g-chat and says "nana," and signs "milk" at my chest! I'm not really sure if these are exciting achievements for a 10 month old, but I'm going to go ahead and believe that she isn't in any rush to crawl or walk because she's focusing her energy on the language department. She loves to hold onto things and stand, but she is really just totally uninterested in being mobile! We are totally cool with it because we can continue to be lazy about baby-proofing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:04 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

We have a sitter!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:26 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

mooo wrote:
Scarlett turned 10 months old yesterday. She very clearly points at my partner and says "dada," points at me and says "mama," points at my mom on the computer screen via g-chat and says "nana," and signs "milk" at my chest! I'm not really sure if these are exciting achievements for a 10 month old, but I'm going to go ahead and believe that she isn't in any rush to crawl or walk because she's focusing her energy on the language department. She loves to hold onto things and stand, but she is really just totally uninterested in being mobile! We are totally cool with it because we can continue to be lazy about baby-proofing.

aww that sounds like so much fun!! Sierra has no discernible words yet, other than saying something that sounds a lot like "heeeeey!" when I come home from work. She crawls at top speed and is cruising all day long now, but I can't wait for the words!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:32 am 
Married to the wolfman

M has started saying mama in earnest, saying a couple other new words, and signing a bunch more things. E's vocabulary suddenly tripled (at least) right at 15 months but somehow I still didn't see it coming with his brother.

This morning we had a conversation about an abstract idea!
Him (shaking water out of his cup onto his highchair tray): water! There!
Me: yes! You poured out some water!
Him: water! (thoughtful) Water? Water quack-quack! Water quack-quack! *signs duck frantically*

Ducks go in water! I get it! Okay, maybe this isn't exciting to anyone else but I got reeeeeally excited by this exchange.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:40 am 
***LIES!!!***

Sitting is the best.

I feel like I haven't posted anything of substance here in a million years. Been busy with actually working too freaking much at work and not taking my PPK breaks as usually scheduled. But today I am taking a break!

Malka had her 18 month well visit a week ago (only a little over a month late). She's 31.5" (50%) and they claimed 22 lbs (around 20% - where she was at her 15 month visit also, so she is now gaining appropriately again), but she was flailing like crazy on the scale so I don't think that was right. At home she's measuring in the 23-24 pound range.

We are finally weaning her down on milk, because she had started drinking even more formula/soy milk (we're doing half and half) lately and that's the wrong direction to be moving in. She seems okay with us saying no to her bottle requests and offering water and food instead (doesn't always take the food, of course). She's eating slightly more food, but still picky and a very light eater.

The biggest news of the past month is that we've hired a nanny to work MWF and my husband is going back to work on those days (and maybe Tuesdays when I am off work)! Yay! I wouldn't say our nanny is the best, most experienced nanny who ever lived, but he so far he seems smart (he is a graduate student), creative (he makes all his own clothes), adventurous (willing to take her swimming and on other adventures), gentle, and most importantly, enamored of Malka. He spent several days watching her with either my husband or me before going solo so he got to see a lot of our parenting style and the way we interact with her. One of the things that's a little funny about him is that he seems inclined to girlify her and that might be because he is super effeminate and is attracted to that stuff himself rather than because he has particularly rigid ideas of gender. We'll have to keep an eye on that. He's also doing light housekeeping so hooray for that! I've come home now two weeks in a row and had an empty sink and an orderly living room, which is so amazing.

Malka now jumps expertly, runs everywhere, climbs everything, and scribbles with crayons. I'd guess she knows around 100 words (holy language explosion, batman). She spends a lot of energy playing with her "booba" (also known as "baby" and "booby") - feeding her, putting her to bed, etc. She also attempts to feed pictures of babies in books. Her favorite thing to do now is say "shhh! (with finger to lips), baby seeping, baby napping!" which she says anytime she sees a baby, sleeping or not. She also says "hi" to everything and waves. Walking down the street it's "hi bird" "hi gush (squirrel)" "hi doggie" "hi baby" "hi mommy" "hi cat" etc.

Here's a picture (set to public view) that maybe someone else will figure out how to post here. This is our attempt at happy family picture day with the cherry blossoms that Malka was not on board with. When we got home she commenced ruining those white pants with a poopsplosion. Thanks kid.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:07 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

oh man, all these language updates are slaying me, too cute!
Fey! Ducks in water! And Scarlett pointing out mama and dada sounds too adorable...

Ariann, your nanny sounds amazing, and Malka just sounds like so much fun and such a bundle of energy!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:03 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

coldandsleepy wrote:
M has started saying mama in earnest, saying a couple other new words, and signing a bunch more things. E's vocabulary suddenly tripled (at least) right at 15 months but somehow I still didn't see it coming with his brother.

This morning we had a conversation about an abstract idea!
Him (shaking water out of his cup onto his highchair tray): water! There!
Me: yes! You poured out some water!
Him: water! (thoughtful) Water? Water quack-quack! Water quack-quack! *signs duck frantically*

Ducks go in water! I get it! Okay, maybe this isn't exciting to anyone else but I got reeeeeally excited by this exchange.

That IS really exciting! :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:26 pm 
Married to the wolfman

We went to see ducks this afternoon and he FLIPPED HIS shiitake. Happiest baby ever. Water quack-quack indeed.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:54 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

coldandsleepy wrote:
We went to see ducks this afternoon and he FLIPPED HIS shiitake. Happiest baby ever. Water quack-quack indeed.

We went to see ducks this week too! Lots of him signing duck. It was cute.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:36 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Aww, now you guys are making me want to go see ducks :)
I wonder if the lake is too cold for us to go walk there yet... hmm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:55 am 
Not NOT A Furry

tw was six months old yesterday! I can't believe it.

She is a super high-energy baby--it's go, go, go all day long. Or as much as you can go without being able to crawl yet, you know? But she "talks" all the time, rolls both ways, turns herself around on her tummy and her back, and is scooting backward. I think she'll be creeping pretty soon. She can sit up and balance with a hand on the floor, but has basically no interest in just sitting there, and always busts a wild move--think "doing the worm"--to get onto her tummy and start rolling around again.

According to our home scale, she's about 15 pounds. And maybe 26 inches, although she won't stay still long enough to tell for sure. I'm so ridiculously proud of her, but I miss my tiny girl too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 105  Next