| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:20 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Ada sounds like an amazing kid. May her third year be the best yet!! Happy birthday!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:50 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Now that Violet's physical growth and changing has slowed a lot in the last year, it's easy to forget that she's still developing mentally so rapidly. In the past couple months, she's been waaaay more able to imitate words and is speaking so much more and more intelligibly. She's always made her wishes known just fine, but it's so fun to see her develop preferences and request certain books or videos or games.

She's learning more social graces - saying please (PEEZ) sometimes and occasionally, if cajoled into it enough, will say "sorry" and give me a hug after, say, throwing a book at my head. Which makes my anger just melt away because how can you be mad at a cute toddler with Mavis Staples's haircut when she's apologizing to you???

I notice us laughing together so much more.

She's starting to pottytrain herself, occasionally requesting to sit on the potty when she needs to go (I'm still not really pushing it). She's gotten more dextrous - recently since discovering the way to lock into one app I've let her use my ipad more, and she can do puzzles in Tozzle and is basically beyond the quizzes in her Wombi Touch & Listen app.

And of course, she's as physically adventurous as she's always been. She's always the first person in her class to try something at baby gym and is back to going down slides (after a couple month hiatus during which they were terrifying). She had her first bouncy castle experience at the deployment halfway party and LOVED it.

Anyway, life continues. Day to day it doesn't seem like much change but I've been thinking about how surprised my husband's going to be when he sees her again.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:21 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Will's been signing "more" all the time during meals lately. I swear he'll sign more for 45 minutes and just shovel in anything we throw his way.
He signed "more" and "food" when I got him out of bed the other day. I nearly threw him in the high chair because I was so excited! Then he and mrdub were throwing a balloon back and forth and he signed "more" again! We're still anxiously awaiting words, but this is fun in the meantime!!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:04 pm 
Married to the wolfman

kdub wrote:
Will's been signing "more" all the time during meals lately. I swear he'll sign more for 45 minutes and just shovel in anything we throw his way.
He signed "more" and "food" when I got him out of bed the other day. I nearly threw him in the high chair because I was so excited! Then he and mrdub were throwing a balloon back and forth and he signed "more" again! We're still anxiously awaiting words, but this is fun in the meantime!!

That's awesome! I really, really love baby signing. It is so awesome when you realize oh, you CAN communicate with me in some way!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:52 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ditto. Freya's still crazy verbal (300ish words we're guessing now), but she still has the enunciation of a toddler so words like paint/pants/peanuts/Pontipines or book/back/bike can be a bit tricky.

We're still fighting the battle of the bug-phobia, but managing to go to the park without hysteria. She seems to only really freak out in the back yard, so trying to figure out what that's about.

A cool new thing lately = walking across the chain/wobbly bridge thing at the playground all by herself. I swear, I thought I might cry when she did it a few days ago. Now, this week, she's all "ain't no thang, mama".

My favorite new bit though = telling "jokes". Oh my god, I forgot how hilarious toddler senses of humor are. So much laughter, it's just about worth not sleeping like ever. :D

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:14 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=89 ... 0018387601

this! just.. whoa!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:33 am 
Married to the wolfman

So sometimes if we have a couple of minutes of downtime, I will show the Magician videos of cats on YouTube. (There's one video he really loves of these kittens meowing.)

Yesterday he toddles up to the (turned off) computer, points at it, looks at me and says: "meow meow? Meow meow?" and alternately signs "please please more?" and points at the computer.

He has figured out what the Internet is for!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:59 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Wow, SUH, that is so awesome! I can't believe he's already crawling!

C&S, I think you've successfully taught him the true point of the Internet, haha! Really though, that is really sweet. I love when little ones mix signs and words!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:17 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

i know! we're in trouble with this one! lol

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:09 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Goooo Eli!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:27 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Charlotte had her 2nd pedi appt today and she has chunked up nicely!!
she has a nice chunky belly (though her waist & legs are ridiculously skinny) and she weighed in at 5 lbs 12.6 oz.
woo-hoo!!!
so that means she gained 10 oz since her first appt (last wednesday) and has surpassed her birth weight.

go us! :-D

the dr also ripped her cord stump off since it was hanging by a thread so we are free of that icky thing now (yay!)

she doesnt seem to want to nurse as long recently so i mentioned it and the dr said to keep an eye on it but she said she might have just gotten more efficient at nursing. since she still pees and poops like crazy i guess all is good.

in the last couple days we have discovered she LOVES to bounce. usually around our 3am-ish feeding my husband will get up when we're done to rock her back to sleep and for some reason she is usually wide awake so he stays up with her bouncing her until she falls asleep.

today in the middle of the day i bounced her on my lap for like 2 hours straight while she just stared out the window ;-)

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:42 pm 
Nailed to the V

I love love love to hear about all these signing/talking wee ones, language development is going to be so much fun!!

wow, go Eli, on the move already! There'll be no stopping him now!

Good work on the eating, BabyPunk/good work on the milk-production, MamaPunk! Great to hear Charlotte had a positive appointment. I can't handle how tiny and perfect she is, I would just want to snuggle her all day long!

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:31 am 
Naked Under Apron

LisaPunk wrote:
Charlotte had her 2nd pedi appt today and she has chunked up nicely!!
she has a nice chunky belly (though her waist & legs are ridiculously skinny) and she weighed in at 5 lbs 12.6 oz.
woo-hoo!!!
so that means she gained 10 oz since her first appt (last wednesday) and has surpassed her birth weight.

Go LisaPunk and BabyPunk -- that 10 oz she put on all came from your boobs, isn't that amazing?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:24 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

that is amazing for sure!!

i look at my bebe and I cant believe its all me making him grow like that... I love BFing!

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:33 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i feel ridiculously accomplished!!

im like "LOOK AT WHAT MY BOOBS CAN DO!!!"

its kind of astounding!

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:05 am 
Inflexitarian

LisaPunk wrote:

its kind of astounding!

That feeling just continues on. At least once a day I look at this little man and think "I MADE him!" and then "I grew him from 9 lbs to this hulking 24 lbs from my body!!!" Of course he eats some solids too now, but I'm sure most of his tonnage still comes from me!!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:42 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

LisaPunk wrote:

its kind of astounding!

I love this! Makes me so happy.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:48 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Silas had his last soccer game of his first season today. He's the youngest and by far the teeniest kid on the team and he spent most of the season hugging everyone and beaming with pride that he's allowed to be on the field finally (after watching his bro for years), but today actually scored a goal! It was such a huge deal for him that he was even trying to kick the ball. It was so awesome watching how proud he was of himself. It's really interesting to see him work so hard to learn things and appreciate the rewards of it so much <3

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:48 pm 
Semen Strong

I love hearing about Silas, so much. That kid is just the cutest and he has the best smile ever.

And hurrah for Charlotte doing so well <3

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:09 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ahhhh congrats Silas :-)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:11 pm 
Semen Strong

Leela peed in the potty twice today! She asked to go on it, sat on, and just peed! It was amazing.

Of course, she also walked up to me and gave me a huge hug and peed on my arm today as well, so we're still learning :)

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:38 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

annasrobbie wrote:
LisaPunk wrote:

its kind of astounding!

That feeling just continues on. At least once a day I look at this little man and think "I MADE him!" and then "I grew him from 9 lbs to this hulking 24 lbs from my body!!!" Of course he eats some solids too now, but I'm sure most of his tonnage still comes from me!!!!

right? sometimes i look at tzipi and think, man, i am responsible for making you! wow!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:43 am 
Naked Under Apron

Tofulish wrote:
Leela peed in the potty twice today! She asked to go on it, sat on, and just peed! It was amazing.

Of course, she also walked up to me and gave me a huge hug and peed on my arm today as well, so we're still learning :)

Ahahahahaha! You are so funny Tofulish. It's great that she is so keen to potty train. Raygold suddenly started refusing diapers when he was just over 2 and after Bert, who just totally didn't give a fork, it seemed like a forking miracle. And Leela's even younger -- that's so cool!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:02 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

littlebird wrote:
annasrobbie wrote:
LisaPunk wrote:

its kind of astounding!

right? sometimes i look at tzipi and think, man, i am responsible for making you! wow!

I think my husband was sick of hearing this same thing from me. It's still so amazing to me!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:47 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

wow! i dont know a darn thing about potty training but that sounds early.
go Leela!
great job!

Reply to topic  [ 2454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 99  Next