| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:39 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Day before yesterday, Freya spontaneously said "thank you" to me when I filled up her teapot with water. Today she climbed up the ladder to the slide all on her own for the first time. At dinner, she asks for hummus with her bread and when I told her we didn't have any (again..eek!), she pauses and says "shop! hummus!". Whoa.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:14 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I took Alice to the doctor yesterday (at 12 days old) and she gained a whole pound in one week! I guess she's going to get huge really quick like her sister? She was a little jaundiced last week when we took her for her first check up but it cleared up pretty quick. Most of the time I need to wake her to feed her but she's had more awake time in the last couple of days.

Ada seems to be adjusting. She just wants to help with everything. Yesterday she decided she wanted to help Alice nurse so she came over and said "oh, I want to help!" and then held the boob Alice was nursing from and talked to her. Since her dad is still home this week he has been taking her out to do things and she's definitely gotten upset a few times when I couldn't go out with them or when I've had to leave the playground because I didn't think to bring diapers and Alice pooped. I think she has been loving having us both home and I'm a little worried about what's going to happen when he goes back to work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:16 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Wow! A whole pound! That's great! Ada sounds so sweet helping nursing! Hopefully she does ok too when daddy has to go back to work.

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:14 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

BabyPunk is SIX WEEKS today! I weighed her the other day and she is a tiny bit over 7 POUNDS! I can't believe how much weight she's gained!!! I can't wait til our next cardiologist appt on Tuesday to be like "née nerrr neeee nerrr" at the nurse who told me she wasn't gaining weight fast enough :-P

My laptop is busted & I don't know how to post a pic here using my phone but hopefully soon

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:06 pm 
Semen Strong

I am in awe that Leela is now recognizing her ABCs. We sing the song "A is for Apple" and she names as many A words etc as she can. Well for A we just have apple but we have a few B words and others. Its pretty amazing to me that she is starting to be able to recognize words like that.

I was reading at 2.5, and I wonder if she'll be an early reader too.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:11 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Sam is doing MATH! He can count to 100 on his own, and now he's been counting backwards from 60 to 0... and he's starting to do simple additions. He's 4!! 0_0

I love how much Readingeggs.com and Mathseeds are helping him :)

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:48 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

T'lish, that is awesome. I'd forgotten how amazing these toddler days are. Nearly every day, I find myself saying "when did you learn to do that?"

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:37 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Holy growth spurt! Baby punk has been a nursing machine today! Earlier today she nursed for over & HOUR then still wanted to nurse again an hour later. Then my parents came over & I had a bottle with enough pumped milk for 2 feedings in case she got hungry while they were here and my mom ended up giving her the whole thing in one shot.
She was7 weeks yesterday so I guess this is the 6 week growth spurt. I guess it also explains her supreme crankiness yesterday & the day before. I'll have to weigh her soon to see where we are

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:06 am 
Naked Under Apron

Awesome! Go BabyPunk!!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:59 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

yay! go babypunk!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:19 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Wow, babypunk! What a champ!

Isaiah's printing is getting so fantastic! I daresay his handwriting is actually about to become better than his 17 year old uncle's handwriting. Haha. Izzy's writing is very legible! He went to his kindergarten orientation this week (for Sept. school year), and he had a lot of fun. He's excited to go!

Z is getting so comfortable walking on his own now. It's so awesome. I love watching him walk across the room! And he's got a birthday coming up in just over two weeks. One year old already!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:24 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

At just shy of 17 months, Will is finally walking more than crawling. It was like he suddenly decided walking was okay.
He just popped his 4th molar and has been drooling like a mad man. I am pretty sure I can see his top incisors dangerously close to coming through too.
My husband took him to the dog park last week and he just oohed and aahed at all the dogs. Schatzi came running over and barking at another dog who gave him kisses. She couldn't care less about him at home, but apparently she has a hidden soft spot for him after all!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:47 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Alice had a weight check today and gained almost two pounds since her last one two weeks ago. So not even four weeks old, but 10lb 8oz. Jeesh.
Also, this is one noisy little newborn. I don't remember Ada making so many grunts and coos. Even in her sleep. It's pretty cute.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:53 pm 
Semen Strong

Sashi, that sounds so cute! Please post baby-cooing video!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:57 am 
Naked Under Apron

kdub wrote:
At just shy of 17 months, Will is finally walking more than crawling. It was like he suddenly decided walking was okay.

Yay for Will! Beetroot did that at about 17-18 months, too; it made going out a lot easier. And it was cute getting to chase him around.

sashi wrote:
Alice had a weight check today and gained almost two pounds since her last one two weeks ago. So not even four weeks old, but 10lb 8oz.

2 pouns in 2 weeks -- go Alice!!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:13 am 
Bathes in Braggs

man, i just have to say, zaffy is learning new words every freaking day! it's amazing me. the other day i saw tofulish saying (i'm not sure if it was here or on facebook) that leela knew 140 words and i was reeeeeally impressed, and then someone else chimed in and apparently a baby should know between 24 and 30 words by the age of two, which got me curious as to how many z knew. so i wrote them down and she had 55...one week later and we're up to 67! they are just little sponges right now. i never really kept track of elijah, but because i wrote down all the words zaf knows, it is very obvious whenever she adds a new one to her vocab. so amazed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:01 am 
Naked Under Apron

Last night, Vax nursed for pretty much 4 hours straight. I'd try to put him down and then he'd cry for more. He didn't go to sleep until I did. My Pamela Anderson boobs (formerly a size A- on a good day) were pretty drained of milk by this time.

This morning, he pooped all that milk out. Like whoa.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:51 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

This!

/heart attack

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:40 am 
***LIES!!!***

❀madam dahlia❀ wrote:
man, i just have to say, zaffy is learning new words every freaking day! it's amazing me. the other day i saw tofulish saying (i'm not sure if it was here or on facebook) that leela knew 140 words and i was reeeeeally impressed, and then someone else chimed in and apparently a baby should know between 24 and 30 words by the age of two, which got me curious as to how many z knew. so i wrote them down and she had 55...one week later and we're up to 67! they are just little sponges right now. i never really kept track of elijah, but because i wrote down all the words zaf knows, it is very obvious whenever she adds a new one to her vocab. so amazed.

Yeah, we got up to around 200 when we started counting maybe 3 months ago, but then there was even more of an explosion. Malka uses a new word every day and she is constantly surprising us with words she knows (especially because we don't remember often saying those words). Now that the framework for acquiring words seems to be set, it's just like a little jigsaw puzzle of filling in all the gaps she needs to fill in to make sense to us. There is still a lot of sentence-making that is not intelligible and there are a lot of words that she seems to use as one word that are really two (like "push-you" or "got-you") so her sentences are certainly not grammatical in any way. It is totally flabbergasting how she knows so much and I find myself not being able to imagine when she couldn't communicate!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:57 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Go Alice and Vax! Happy, hungry babies! How are Ada and Beet & Ray doing with the little ones around?
Heh, also Alice is the same size now that Freya weighed at birth (10'7').

The language this really is intoxicating sometimes, isn't it? 10-15 new words per *day* at the peak of development is not uncommon supposedly. Today, Freya became obsessed with the word "Oxford" and was saying it to K at dinner. Also in love with the words "weird" "repulsive" and "microwave" (we just got one about a month ago for the first time). While her vocabulary is astounding (we surely must be closer to 1000 than 500 words now), otherwise she's pretty much in the normal range I think. She's just starting to really use two word phrases somewhat frequently ("take bath" is a favorite).

Yesterday, she's talking to me while nursing before bed, about what we did during the day. We do this nearly every night unless she's very super tired. She is talking about going to the splash pad saying/signing water, boys (school group was there), touch, cold, wet, shoes off....at one point she pauses and says "fun!". Sigh. Fun indeed.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:33 pm 
Nailed to the V

I know I've missed stuff, but wow these are some awesome updates!
I think I've said it before, but I love hearing the language updates, so so exciting! These PPKbabies have some incredible vocabularies! I was just thinking yesterday, I'm actually going to miss westiebaby's non-verbal time, because I just love the range of cute and funny noises she makes now and I think I'll feel a little nostalgic when she moves on to actual words, but it will be so exciting and awesome at the same time.

Go Alice, Charlotte and Vax - what excellent growing newborns!

Wow climbing Eli - that's awesome [and scary!]

And walking Will! Too cute!

refinnej wrote:
Heh, also Alice is the same size now that Freya weighed at birth (10'7').

Can I just way again, wow!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:41 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Refinnej, I love that Freya can talk about her day. Malka doesn't do that yet. The only "story" she ever tells me is about Leela's cat hurting her, every time she sees a picture of Leela. :(. (Don't worry tofulish, she doesn't seem to have a problem with any other cats and she certainly still loves Leela). I try to prompt her to tell me stories, but it's not going anywhere yet. She does have a good memory, though. She knows lots of neighborhood businesses and will point them out from the car. She remembers when we tell her we are going to do something and will bring it up over and over till it happens. She remembers the names of people we haven't seem in months.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:03 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Ariann wrote:
Refinnej, I love that Freya can talk about her day. Malka doesn't do that yet. The only "story" she ever tells me is about Leela's cat hurting her, every time she sees a picture of Leela. :(. (Don't worry tofulish, she doesn't seem to have a problem with any other cats and she certainly still loves Leela). I try to prompt her to tell me stories, but it's not going anywhere yet. She does have a good memory, though. She knows lots of neighborhood businesses and will point them out from the car. She remembers when we tell her we are going to do something and will bring it up over and over till it happens. She remembers the names of people we haven't seem in months.

That cat!! That cat is a mean-ass mother hubbard! :O

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:50 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ariann, I think that her stories are pretty similar to what you've described sometimes with Malka: somewhere between 4 and a dozen words with lots of gap-filling by me and K. She really does love saying "remember" though. That's when you know she's about to tell a tale. :p

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:00 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

oh man, there's just sooo much going on these days with both my kids that I don't even know where to start:
Dahlia is a building machine. Everything in the house gets incorporated into crazy sculptures, buildings, "castles", houses, "parties", everything. She spends seriously like 80% of her awake time building structures, OBSESSED. She loves Lincoln Logs and magna tiles especially. The whole downside is all the shrieking that occurs whenever Sierra gets near one of her precious creations - we have to save the magna tiles for while Sierra is sleeping because of the freakouts.

Sierra is still not quite walking but hilariously loves to stand unassisted and lift heavy things! Like stand upright in the middle of the livingroom and lift the giant cylinder of Lincoln Logs up and down, up and down. She has also turned everything into a walker, she takes hold of anything and uses it to push all around the apartment - a vacant metal plant stand is the current favorite. There is a lot of babbling and lately I've really noticed that she can follow simple instructions as well as communicate a little in her own way. She also continues to eat everything in sight, at times consuming more than her big sister! and is still nursing like a champ, albeit mainly in the mornings and all weekend.

In general, they are both growing so freaking fast and as soon as one routine gets going, there comes a big change to throw everything off again...

Reply to topic  [ 2454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 99  Next