| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 107  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:37 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

BabyPunk just laughed for the first time after I said in the other thread she had stopped trying. She woke up for the 5th or 6th time in our quest to get her to go to sleep & stay asleep so I picked up her and was explaining to her in a sort of silly voice that it was 11:30 and she was supposed to be sleeping and she laughed right in my face. Hahahahaha!!!! Lil stinker!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:46 am 
Married to the wolfman

The Magician has started stringing several words together like a pro in the past week. He's gone from a couple of things like "mama's bike" (a very exciting object) to some fairly sentence like things like "ready dinner ME up seat!"

He also has a sense of possession that E didn't develop til much later as I recall. Everything is someone's something with him. Today he was fervently pointing out one particular boat at the harbor and insisting "M's boat! M's boat" repeatedly for a loooong time. He was so bereft when we moved on, practically wailing "bye bye M's boat!"

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:30 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Henry is has a similar thing with possession right now, but thinking about it, he mainly does it with cars and shoes. Any shoe he finds in the house, he needs to point out who it belongs to. With cars, he likes to identify all the cars in our apartment driveway, but he's pretty convinced that all small silver cars are Nene's, all pickup trucks are CeeCee's and small red cars are Papa's.
I feel like Henry's on a roll with language. Around 16 or 17 months he wasn't really saying much of anything, to the point that I mentioned it to his teacher, who assured me he was fine. Then around the tail end of 17 months he was like, Let me start saying all the things now! Now at 19 months (yesterday!) he has well over a hundred words and he picks them up daily.
What's really crazy to me is that he can now remember things, or make lists like Who are you going to see today? He talks about people who aren't around, and answers simple questions. Yesterday he was chewing on a book so I asked what he could chew on instead and he replies "Fridgie!", which is a word he made up for frozen teether.
My favorite thing about right now is how he does really silly stuff for the sake of being silly. He's a really hilarious kid.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:54 am 
Not NOT A Furry

tiny wu is a super busy baby now. She's 10.5 months. She's a very speedy crawler and can navigate over the European doorsills in our apartment, even the one into the bathroom which is about 4 inches high. She LOVES walking and would happily walk with someone all day long, especially if there's a ball to kick. As of this week she can open the cupboards in the kitchen (she could already do the dresser drawers) to pull out saucepans. In her room she likes to open the dresser drawers and put things in/take them out, so you never know what you'll find anymore.

Yesterday she was playing with her bag (a clear plastic travel toiletries bag that she keeps different treasures in), scooting it around the floor and saying "vroo vroo!" Maybe we need more toy cars around here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:36 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Eli shouts "oom oom!" when he wants a toy car/truck lol

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:51 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Carlos said his first sentence (well, kind of a sentence)! Más agua.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:57 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Ohhhh, all these talking PPK kids! Qué precioso, kimba. First sentences are so exciting! I can't wait for Zeph to start using more words. His brother is going to kindergarten next week, and I think Z might start using more words with his brother around less often. It'll just be the two of us during the day!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:57 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

BabyPunk had her 4 month check up this morning.
she chunked in at 11 lbs 3.2 oz which the Dr says puts her in the 1 percentile for weight. hahaha.
she is in the 10 percentile for height so she is tall and skinny just like her daddy who is 6'5 and only weighs 160 lbs!

otherwise she is doing great. Dr says she is gaining appropriate and seems to be doing really well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:12 pm 
Naked Under Apron

go BabyPunk! Lisa, so glad you have a dr who is not as obsessed with weight... we had a lot of stress about that from our 1st pediatrician and that was with Dahlia who was much "heavier" and more "normal" than Sierra.
in fact, we just did a double dr visit because D needed her health form for school filled out. It's been almost 2 years since she had a dr visit and it actually went really well. He confirmed that she is "very tall" (42 inches) and "average weight" (35 lbs), and has absolutely no issues with her vegan diet. Although he asked if she eats a "mostly vegetarian diet" and I had to remind him no animal products, ever. She got her MMR and chicken pox boosters (required for public school) and didn't even cry, I was shocked.
Sierra, however, is still not gaining much BUT she grew 2 inches in the last 6 weeks! So I'm cool with that, she only gained about a pound in that time despite eating everything and anything but it coincides with her newfound love of running everywhere all day long. The only real progress we've had speech-wise is a lot of "mama", "uh oh!" and lately, "byebye" combined with furious hand waving.
So many changes afoot, I wish I could slow down time sometimes...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:05 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Hooray for baby punk! My goal for our next dr visit is to get back on the weight chart. According to our scales at home Malka gained a whopping two pounds in the past year (really three and a half, since she started the year by losing weight).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:20 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Hooray for good doc appts!

My Samuel is a tall and skinny one too... At 4yrs 9months old, he is 3'11/47in (99%) and 42lbs (72%)... the boy is so skinny! But he's growing on track and very well on his vegan diet, so there's no issue there :)

Ohh, my update about Elijah... He's walking 5-6 steps at a time now, and standing up on his own, unassisted, in the middle of a room. This is too early! I am not ready for this! lol

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=94 ... 1341346602

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:36 am 
Naked Under Apron

Sierra is suddenly completely mortally scared of baths. what the fizzle, she LOVED them until last week and she usually makes a crazy screaming fit if I attempt to keep her out while bathing D. Kid, you poop a million times a day - you NEED to be bathed. There's been some yeast and assorted other diaper problems so I wonder if that's just really irritating her but what can I do? I miss using that Baby Bucket thing but was thrilled that she loved just being in the big bathtub.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:02 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Oh no! That's no fun. Zeph just did the same thing starting about a month ago. He loved baths from the beginning, but now he doesn't seem to like them anymore. Have you tried putting something like a laundry basket in the bathtub for her to sit in? It might make it feel smaller and safer in the tub.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:14 am 
Semen Strong

Leela at 22 months! This has been an amazing month in terms of her language development, because there seem to be no limit to the words she knows and her pronunciation is so clear (except for "Rs" where she will still call her friend Reno "Weno!"). She will hear a word once and will then repeat it to herself and surprise us by using it properly. She even talks in her sleep now - last night I heard her talk about "Feed! Dog! Now!"! Her conversations are still mostly in two word command forms, but she has no problems making herself understood. She is definitely in a "Mine" phase, and though her favorite book is "Llama, Llama Time To Share" she makes sure to reiterate that she disapproves strongly of its message. One of our favorite games is to read a book and have her say the last word of any phrase or sentence - its amazing how good her memory is!

She has become very interested in gender/sex - assigning everyone she meets to be a boy, girl, Mama or Dada, and I am fascinated by which cues she is looking to to make that determination.

After nearly two years of deep distrust, she finally likes baths, especially with her rubber ducky friends! HURRAH! Seriously, we didn't bathe her at all this year (just wiped her down, or poured a bit of water over her hair near the sink), because she would flip out and cry like we were trying to boil her in oil, and then all of a sudden she loves them and we play games and sing, and she is as happy as can be. Its such a nice shift!

Its also interesting how much more complicated her feelings seem now - when she was younger everything seemed related to being hungry, tired, wet or wanting something she could point to. But now, its often that she wants to see a particular friend or go to a particular park. Its exciting to see her have real preferences. And of course, in a pinch, ice-cream vincit omnia. She is such a sunny, little person and its just a joy to have spent so much time watching her personality and her sense of agency come out over this summer!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:55 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Tofulish wrote:
She is definitely in a "Mine" phase, and though her favorite book is "Llama, Llama Time To Share" she makes sure to reiterate that she disapproves strongly of its message.

oh Leela you silly little monkey that made me laugh out loud!
:-D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:22 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Eli has started shaking his head NO when he disapproves of something. LOL, Mr Personality!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:22 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Zephyr learned how to kiss on demand. He had been giving me kisses, and I said, "Oh, thank you for the kisses, Zephie!" and he kissed me again. So we tried just asking for kisses, and he gives them to me or his brother or his dad. Nice, slimy, baby kisses!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:42 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

awww!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:28 am 
Married to the wolfman

The Magician gives kisses, but he just presses his cheek against you and says MWAH. No mouth involvement! He always wants to hug and kiss the Emperor before bed but E is NOT into it. It has caused a lot of weeping (on M's part) lately. Really funny because E is all about hugging and kissing his brother... But not before bedtime. Let's not be ridiculous.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:23 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Aww, brother hugs and kisses! That's funny that E doesn't like to hug before bed. Iz used to refuse to say bye/give hugs/etc when he had to leave somewhere. Weird stuff! But yeah, Zeph's are open-mouthed wet kisses, and if you don't watch out, there might be a sneaky little tongue trying to lick your face. No cheek-pressing or MWAHs (which is SO adorable, by the way, C&S) and actually, he prefers to kiss on the mouth, but he'll take wherever you'll let him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:30 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Soooo, I had to take Samuel to the ER yesterday. He's been complaining of middle and right side pain for a week and it's progressively gotten worse... Well, yesterday he just wasn't himself and kept crying for no reason, he was super tired and just not eating or peeing or anything. So I got kinda freaked out and called the Nurse Health Line. With the symptoms I gave her, she told me to get it checked out just to make sure it wasn't appendix related... So off we went to the hospital. 4 hours and a pee test later, they said they didn't find a reason for his pain. But to keep an eye on him. Doc said to wait in the room and he'd be back but I didn't hear him so we left... he called us last night saying the pee results were in and there was tiny amounts of blood in his urine and to go in eventually for another test... Ugh! Now I'm worried :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:57 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Oh, SUH, that sounds so scary! I think that this can be a symptom of bladder/UTI's etc so maybe it's not something too terrible. Hope all goes well today and Sam feels better soon. Are you able to give him some medicine or anything for the pain?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:00 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Oh, that does sound scary! Refinnej said what I was thinking about as well - maybe a UTI? Painful, but easy to treat! I hope he's feeling back to normal soon. Thinking of you guys!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:53 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

He says there is no pain when he pees or anything.. would that still be a UTI?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:24 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Sometimes UTIs don't cause pain, so it could definitely be that. Poor kid. I hope y get it figured out soon and he's back to his regular self. Eta: also it could be a bladder infection, that might explain the locus of the pain.

Love the kissing stories!

Tofulish, Malka enjoys keeping up with Leela's monthly pictures on Facebook. This morning she got ahold of my phone, said she was calling Leela, and had a two minute pretend conversation with her. Then she handed me the phone and said "show Leela!" I love that Leela is arguing against the moral of a book, that is hilarious. Critical reading skills, flicks the weasel. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 107  Next