| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:03 pm 
Semen Strong

Sending lots of good thoughts for Sam and you SUH! It sounds so scary!

Ariann, Leela asks about Malka and has pretend conversations with her all the time too! She was asking if we could go to the park to see Malka today :)

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:49 pm 
***LIES!!!***

so cute

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:38 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

good luck SUH i hope everything is ok! i would be super worried too but hopefully it's just something simple. i hope he feels better soon!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:26 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Hoping Samuel feels better soon!

Leela and Malka, so cute! Phone buddies.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:38 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Update: He's sick now :( I dunno if it's allergies or a cold, but he's miserable this morning... poor kiddo!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:47 am 
Semen Strong

stuckunderhere wrote:
He says there is no pain when he pees or anything.. would that still be a UTI?

Just fyi, Leela had no issues peeing, and the only reason we went to the E.R. was because her fever shot up, so she was glassy-eyed, listless, vomiting and irritable. She was clearly not herself and it was pretty terrifying.

Not to scare you, but L looked like she just had a cold - runny nose (clear), fever etc, and the MDs were going to just discharge us and tell us to take motrin for the fever and let the cold run its course.

The E.R. doctor said that she didn't think it was a UTI (L had no pain peeing, no foul smelling urine etc) but was just testing to rule it out. I am really glad that we found out what it is, because UTIs can lead to kidney infections if untreated and those are very painful and can be fatal if sepsis sets in. I am also beyond grateful that we were able to get a urine sample from her potty without cathederization.

Hope your baby feels better soon!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:53 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I am so glad he's old enough to be able to pee in a cup...He would never let anyone do a catheter *shudder*

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:23 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Ada has had this massive language explosion in the last week or two. She is talking full grammtically correct sentences like a 4 or 5 year old. It's crazy. And she is nonstop. She will go 15 min straight talking about a hundred different things. And some of the connections she comes up with out of nowhere are just amazing. But seriously, she is nonstop. And I'm just in awe.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:19 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

At 14 months Giles is officially a biped now. He had been taking a few little short bursts of 5 or 6 steps since around 12 months - but 3 days ago he just took off and there has been hardly any crawling since! It is pretty amazing to see him go from diehard crawler/scooter to walker. We are still eagerly awaiting his first word - maybe it will be a whole sentence if it goes anything like his long awaited walking did!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:15 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Ohhh, I forgot to update, but as of 10months and 1week old, we have a walker. He is all over the place now! It's crazy how much faster it is going with Eli compared to Sam's first year...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:01 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Way to go Eli! I need to check out the baby shoe thread now since we have only been wearing socks up to this point in time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:40 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

LOL! I took out all of Sam's old shoes that "might" fit Eli now. He had so many, it's crazy!! I went shoe crazy with him lol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:13 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:57 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Alice will be four months old tomorrow! At her check up today she weighed 18lb 1oz! She's been sleeping off her shots for the last couple of hours but I'm thinking she has to be hungry since she didn't even want to nurse at the doctor's office after her shots. She is very much a nurse when I'm hungry and that's it baby which is so weird for me because Ada would nurse all day if I let her. I'm pretty sure she started teething because she has been chewing on things all week and has started waking up at night again after sometimes going full nights without waking up at all. In the last couple of days she has started making other sounds besides cooing. Overall she is just such a sweet and calm baby. And Ada is just so great with her. She is constantly giving her kisses and talking to her about what's going on and getting things for her. The other day we had a long car ride and were stuck in traffic and Alice was screaming her head off. We gave Ada the iPad because she was being so patient and we still had awhile to go and the first thing Ada did was open an app that had the ABC song and held it up for Alice.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:07 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Ada is such a sweetie!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:48 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ohhh Ada! such a good big sis!!! <3

BabyPunk had a cardiologist appt the other day. things continue to go in a positive direction. she weighed in at 11 lbs 12ish oz. she's really long and just under 2 feet tall. she must be getting my husband's super tall genes.
we did not do an u/s for some reason but the cardio said that her VSD sounds small.
she finally might be able to come off her meds. we have to give them to her once a day (instead of twice) for a week and if she does ok then after a week we can discontinue them completely. (YAY!)
i asked if she would ever have any restrictions in her activity and he said she shouldnt so yay!

originally she was going to get the RSV vax because of her heart condition but he said the kids who get it usually are the ones who have breathing trouble or are turning blue so she is no longer a candidate for it (thankfully she never actually turned blue).
he said it was good she didnt need it (other than the obvious reason of being healthy) because "it was a pain anyways"
not sure what he meant by that. im guessing it's a pain to get insurance to pay for it. but maybe kids have reactions to it more than the regular vax. i dunno.

so yay all good news! we dont have to go back for another 3 months and then we will try to do an u/s. he said shes about to get to an age where they start to distrust people outside their family and dont always cooperate. he said at age 3 they play a dvd for the kids and they do a real thorough scan but hopefully next time we can get enough info to check everything.

she turns 5 months tomorrow (thursday).
she must be going through a growth spurt because yesterday evening she nursed for an hour and tonight for an hour and a half.
shes getting better at tummy time and we're working on rolling.
she loves to smile and is working on laughing more regularly. she thinks its funny for some reason when my husband tries to get her to say da da.
apparently D sounds are funny.
she's an expert grabby hands and likes jewelry glasses and hair of course. she's fascinated by our pets and likes to stare at the dogs or the guinea pigs. although we had a dog related incident earlier today so she may be more distrusting of the dogs for a bit. everyone is fine but i feel like the worst mother ever.

so overall all is good. she is a good "travel baby"
i tote her around everywhere and for the most part she is really chill.

i had her dressed in a black onesie with a peace sign on it the other day and i was wearing her in my ergo.i have a baby blue diaper bag with snoopy on it and also trucks (i love baby blue, i love snoopy) and some old lady told me what a beautiful boy he was and look at that boy hold up his head and how old was he. when i said SHE was almost five months. she looked at me, looked at BP, looked at my diaper bag, gave me the massive stink eye and stormed off.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:54 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh no! What was the dog-related incident?

So glad she is doing so well!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:11 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Wow, everything sounds like it's going great (except for your dog incident)!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:05 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I've been super busy recently, just a short update: Carlos likes to stomp his foot like a bunny. It is very cute.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:05 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

That's excellent news re. the cardiologist visit LisaPunk!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:29 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

LisaPunk wrote:

i had her dressed in a black onesie with a peace sign on it the other day and i was wearing her in my ergo.i have a baby blue diaper bag with snoopy on it and also trucks (i love baby blue, i love snoopy) and some old lady told me what a beautiful boy he was and look at that boy hold up his head and how old was he. when i said SHE was almost five months. she looked at me, looked at BP, looked at my diaper bag, gave me the massive stink eye and stormed off.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ah people...we get this all the time too. Sometimes people get all apologetic and I'm like "uh it doesn't really matter, does it?" because man my Sierra sure looks supercute in a blue-n-green adidas track suit and who gives an eff about anything else hahaha! I'm also getting the whole "oh goodness how OLD is she?" because yes, your 11month old is way bigger than my 16month old. I just am not offended anymore.
Very glad you had a good cardiologist appointment and that BP is turning out to be so chill with going places too!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:03 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

It's been almost a year since anyone babysat for us and last night our good friend Z did so that we could go see a very important show (big band, tiny venue!). We put the kids to bed after Z arrived and in the past, they've just gone to sleep. Well, just to show what a difference a year makes, D then proceeded to get up 5 times after we left and even wheedled Z into reading her 2 extra books! It was all very sweet because Z - even though she's my age - is a single mom whose daughter just left for college and she really appreciated the love. But I don't want this to become a habit that on the very few nights we have a babysitter D ends up staying up 2 hours late. Ehh not a big deal I suppose.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:43 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

@SUH...how is S doing?

Our update: Freya is 22 months today. I don't think I can get away with calling her "one and a half" anymore. She is all crazy toddler this past month..a few more tantrums and she's discovered the joy of spitting/throwing food on the floor which we somehow managed to mostly skip during that 9-12 month agespan. She seems so very VERY grownup lately. She frequently says "actually", she has pretend phone conversations often, walks up the stairs unassisted, pushes Jemima (stuffed animal) on the playground equipment. Earlier this week, waiting at a traffic light while on the bus, she says to me, pointing "Cool bike" (postman's bike). Today, again on the bus, she is holding up Jemima to the window so she can see "all the things" and I hear her tell J "Not in Service", which she now knows as what the bus says when it doesn't stop for us! Many things are the same, a love of dogs and blueberries and the joy of muddy puddles, but I can't help feeling that she's changing right before my very eyes. Also, she has all of her teeth at last! Measurement on the wall yesterday = just brushing on 37". Let's hope she gets used to jokes about playing basketball.

Last week, hanging out on her plane, chillin':

At the weekend in the snap, one day, heatwave, going to the outdoor swimming pool, wearing her favorite (whale) dress and socks (with police cars), carrying Jemima and stopping in one of the crop circles that appear in the park on occasion.....very happy kidlet:

And today, with her brand new pop-up tent:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:38 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Malka had her two year check up today! She is 23lb7oz and 33.5 inches. She got her second hep A shot and her flu shot for the season, and was pretty upset about that, but was totally fine by the time we left and was happy the whole rest of the day. She awesomely ate food today, so that's a score. The doctor is not terribly concerned about her not eating as a general rule, but encouraged us to just throw away her bottles to convince her to switch to cups for milk. The doc also wants us to go to New York to see a dermatologist about her vascular birth mark and I am so not in the mood to do that. Blah. There is nothing new to report about that, still looks like it's not affecting her in any bad way, but our doctor thinks some doctor she knows there is better.

Malka now says close to 1000 words and mostly speaks in full sentences. That is kinda awesome. She sings a lot and has started to make up songs. She does a lot of "helpful" things, although still mostly ignores directions. She climbs *everything* and can do dead hangs off the jungle gym for a long time. She loves to go for bike rides.

She is having a resurgence of stranger and separation anxiety and if I am around, she wants to be with only me. She loves to play with her downstairs friends and some other kids, though. She talks about our family and friends all the time. When we say our prayers at night we have to name every single person we know before we can consider ourselves done (and then she says, "tanku god, Aaaa-MEN!").

Generally she is just a super happy, spunky, energetic, climbing and running machine. It is getting more and more fun to be with her.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:33 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Update on Samuel: He is better but we are all now catching a bloody cold. Grr! He complained of a tummyache this am, but nowhere near where it was last time (right hipbone)... so we are still awaiting papers for another trip to the doc for his pee test, and I will keep y'all posted.

Update for Elijah: His appt is Monday. That came pretty fast actually. I'm nervous though. Because he's full-on walking now, if he gets stuck wearing booties, he will be sooooo pissed :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 101  Next