| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 104  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:11 pm 
Nailed to the V

Sam update?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:20 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Lemme find the post I wrote on my FB for the update... I don't wanna type it up again.

Update on Sam: We went in at 4pm yesterday for seeing actual blood in his urine (there were weird blood type pieces at the bottom of the toilet bowl when he went pee, twice, yesterday). We'd taken him in about a month ago for pain on his right side and they did a urine test just to make sure everything was okay. Turns out they had seen microscopic amounts of blood in there and said to come back if it got worse and to go have his urine tested again at his doc's appt (not til end of Nov). Well, yesterday it got worse and he wasn't feeling well at all, so we took him in to the ER. They checked him all over, took another urine sample and told us to wait for the results. It came back clear and negative for everything. *scratch head* He has other symptoms for weeks on end now so it's not JUST the blood I'm worried about but there is definitely something up. Doctor said she was stumped and just said to go home, get some rest and get retested at his doc appt in Nov. Ugh!! But my mama gut says he needs blood tests or more in depth testing. Something is just not right with my big boy

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:25 pm 
Semen Strong

Yikes! That is so scary! Sending you lots of good thoughts for Sam to feel better and for a clearer understanding of the underlying issues. Will you be able to push for earlier testing?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:31 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I don't know. Everything is closed today (Thanksgiving). So I'm calling tomorrow.

I don't know why, but somehow I'm being pulled towards Lupus or kidney stones... Mama gut feeling, ya know? And the symptoms match.

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:10 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

stuckunderhere wrote:
He has other symptoms for weeks on end now so it's not JUST the blood I'm worried about but there is definitely something up. Doctor said she was stumped and just said to go home, get some rest and get retested at his doc appt in Nov.

That makes me angry. I really hope you can get your regular pediatrician to take this more seriously. Sorry you all are going through this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:32 pm 
Nailed to the V

I'm so sorry. How scary and infuriating. I can't believe that you would be told to wait a month given the symptoms.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:47 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Yeah, that's nuts that they're just telling you to wait. Very stressful and scary. I hope your regular pediatrician has you come in ASAP.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:51 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Oh stuckunderhere that's awful! My husband had red blood cells in his urine that turned up in a pre-deployment screening and even though it was just microscopic numbers they forced him to go through an insane amount of liver, kidney, and junk testing... and in the end never found anything wrong. Apparently sometimes blood in urine just happens. (but it sounds like in Sam's case it definitely needs to be investigated!)

I hope he's able to get the treatment he needs asap.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:00 pm 
Married to the wolfman

annak wrote:
Apparently sometimes blood in urine just happens.

I always have trace blood in mine during urinalyses and the best explanation anyone's ever come up with (after all sorts of poking and prodding) is that maybe I let my bladder get too full! Which um, strains the walls or something and can provoke very minor bleeding.

Anyway, SUH, I hope you have some news on Sam's situation soon and that it's not anything too bad! You'll be in my thoughts.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:21 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I can list his symptoms here and you'd all be like what the fizzle are they waiting on testing him for??? (Oh and still had right side pain all day yesterday)

- Leg pains for over a year
- Fatigue
- Photosensitivity in the past few weeks
- Butterfly shaped face rash (lupus??)
- Visible blood in urine
- Headaches
- Hair loss
- He's always sick
- He is a slow weight gainer
- Cries all the time for no reason
- He has a heart murmur that could contribute to being a symptom of something (again, lupus??)
- And there are many people in the family with autoimmune disorders...

I just don't get it... I am so raging mad!! I am calling my pedi in an hour!

http://chealth.canoe.ca/channel_conditi ... 9#Symptoms
I mean come on, this is SO it!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:32 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Yeah. The butterfly rash is a dead giveaway, as is the photosensitivity (I'm not a doctor, but I have two sisters with lupus). The good news is lupus is treatable, and once you have a diagnosis you can make a plan and poor Sam can start to feel better. Or maybe it's not lupus, but you need to know! Don't let these people brush you off, or tell you to wait a month!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:34 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Oh, stuckunderhere, I am so sorry! That sounds so incredibly scary and heartwrenching to deal with as a parent! I really hope he is okay and this is nothing major.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:05 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 0181_n.jpg

From a few months ago, but the rash is definitely there as you can see... This sucks! I don't understand why nobody wants to test even further :( I mean we're talkin about docs at Children's Hospital here... Shouldn't THEY be the ones who know about this stuff???

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:09 pm 

Oi, did you make any headway with the pediatrician? I know that no-one wants to be "that mom", but I really think this is worth fighting and screaming and kicking up a big fuss over. I mean, c'mon doctors, the poor guy's been sick for ages!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:19 pm 

For our part, F is over the worst of her cold and was back to her feisty self today mostly, though with a bit of time-zone confusion and a rattly cough. Karl's tired but done puking, thank the maker. Time to have some freaking fun!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:33 pm 
***LIES!!!***

refinnej wrote:
Oi, did you make any headway with the pediatrician? I know that no-one wants to be "that mom", but I really think this is worth fighting and screaming and kicking up a big fuss over. I mean, c'mon doctors, the poor guy's been sick for ages!

F'real.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:59 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry SUH. Can you talk to your pediatrician's office and explain why you think its lupus - even exaggerating a bit if you have to?

I personally don't mind being "that mom" - MDs at hospitals seem so ready to dismiss you, no matter how well you present the case, but your own pediatrician should be more willing to listen.

I hope you can get some help for your sweet big boy soon. It sounds miserable for him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:34 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Today he feels warm... Ugh! I hate this! But, we have an appointment with the pediatrician next Friday (25th) at 2 pm... Yay!

I am asking for blood tests and an ANA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:52 am 
Nooch of Earl

You are a patient person, stuckunderhere. I hope you get some answers asap.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:40 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Thanks. Me too!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:59 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Oh, SUH, I hope you get some help soon and things get better.

And refinnej, glad to hear things are improving and crossing fingers for a good trip remainder!

On my end, it's all happy news because tiny wu will be 1 year old tomorrow! And though I haven't had a chance to post about it, she's been walking alone for nearly 3 weeks now! We'll be having a little family festivity tomorrow, so I hope to get some pictures up here on Friday.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:21 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

It is so fun to see these little people toddling around isn't it? Giles just wanders to and fro and around and around. Doesn't stop walking. I would like to strap a pedometer to him! We have been eagerly awaiting a 1st word from him for MONTHS. He is 15 months on Friday. We left him with my friend for a few hours on Monday and she casually mentioned that he kept coming up to her and holding his arms out and saying "up". !!!! Sounds like he finally said something. Of course, he won't repeat it for me...but I am still excited!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:55 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Eli is like that too, annasrobbie! He goes EVERYWHERE now that he can walk.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:12 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i dont have anything to add except i really really hope he is feeling better soon and i hope you get some answers ASAP. it really sounds like a parent's nightmare!!
big hugs to Sam and to YOU!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:21 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

So, now to add to it all, he's sick with a cold. Gah! He was sniffling and sneezing all night and now he says he's tired... Next Friday cannot come any faster...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 104  Next