| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2612 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 105  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:20 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Photos I couldn't add the other day..

Westiebaby on the move and loving it:

Getting into her books [much of every day is spent pulling these off the shelves and putting them back up again...]
ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:23 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Yep, that is definitely Eli too... haha

But aww, so cute!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:28 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

whoa look at her go! standing up and everything! :-D
and look at that happy little face! <3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:04 pm 
Chip Strong

Happy half birthday to Babypunk! Wow, I feel like she was just born.

Happy 1st birthday to Eli!

Go Westiebaby go!

Alice turned 5 months old last week. And she rolled over today! I put her on the bed for a nap only to hear screaming a few minutes later. When I went in she was on her belly. I turned her over and the same thing happened a couple of minutes later. She is also getting a bit of a sense of humor. Sometimes Ada kind of smothers her when she is giving her hugs and kisses and Alice will grab her hair and rip it out and laugh. Ada usually thinks it's funny but yesterday she said "We don't pull hair Alice. You need to go in the chair and have a time out. One second. In the chair." Oi.
Ada will be 2.5 on Wednesday. She is just so high energy and talks all day. And the things that come out of her mouth are both impressive and hilarious. She is mostly just so sweet with Alice. Things have gotten much easier than they were a couple of months ago and I just love watching the two of them interact with each other now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:29 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Happy six months LP!

And SUH, a very happy first birthday to Eli!

Aww, westiebaby. I love that bookshelf picture... We have a really similar shelf (ikea!) that has board books on the bottom two rows and shelving and unshelving them was M's favorite thing for a long time.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:54 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Westiebaby's thighs!

Happy minibirthday to BP, too!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:18 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

ScandinaVegan wrote:
Westiebaby's thighs!

Happy minibirthday to BP, too!

Westiebaby's tush is sooooooo cute!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:50 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

coldandsleepy wrote:
Aww, westiebaby. I love that bookshelf picture... We have a really similar shelf (ikea!) that has board books on the bottom two rows and shelving and unshelving them was M's favorite thing for a long time.

Wish we had Ikea in New Zealand! She's more a fan of the 'unshelving' part, she delegates the 'shelving' responsibilities to me!

ScandinaVegan wrote:
Westiebaby's thighs!

Butternut wrote:
Westiebaby's tush is sooooooo cute!

haha, I often espouse the beauty of her hefty thighs, love them so much, cutest little legs around.

Go Alice, go! There'll be no stopping her now though, rolling seems to lead all too quickly to getting really on the move!
Ada sounds like an awesome big sister, too cute!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:20 pm 
Chip Strong

So Alice woke up this morning and turned into a nonstop rolling machine. She only goes to the right and can't get back to her back. This is making it difficult for her to fall asleep. I lay her down, she rolls over, cries, I roll her back, she rolls back over, cries, and so on. Can't sleep! Too much rolling to do! Also, diaper changes just became tons of fun.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:52 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Zeph picked up my phone, held it to his ear, and said "hi dada!" - he has only said mumma, dada, and ba (bird) so far. He sees me talk to my partner on the phone, and sometimes he gets to hold the phone to listen to. This was the cutest thing ever!

He also really loves feeding people lately. If we're eating share-able food, he will share it with me. Even if my mouth is full.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:20 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

we also have a roller! or at least a half roller. she finally figured out the mechanics of rolling from her tummy to her back rather than jsut the accidental flop she did last week. now the hated tummy time is a thing of the past since she realized how to get out of it!

no rolling the other way yet though though she appears to be trying.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:38 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

My wee man has molars!!!! I guess that he why he was so insanely grumpy for a span there. I suspected he was teething but had no idea it was molars - he is so "secretive" about his mouth as another PPKer mentioned about her child. Still NO real words yet. Should I worry? He is 15.5 months, babbles, says "dadadada" to signal he is done with his bath and that is it.
I see Zeph is saying a few things - so exciting!!! And congrats to all the little rollers!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:02 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

annasrobbie wrote:
My wee man has molars!!!! I guess that he why he was so insanely grumpy for a span there. I suspected he was teething but had no idea it was molars - he is so "secretive" about his mouth as another PPKer mentioned about her child. Still NO real words yet. Should I worry? He is 15.5 months, babbles, says "dadadada" to signal he is done with his bath and that is it.
I see Zeph is saying a few things - so exciting!!! And congrats to all the little rollers!!

Don't worry! They are start talking at different ages, and 15.5 months is not late! Zeph is only about 2 weeks older than Giles, and he only says "mama", "dada", and then "hi" as of yesterday. He also has an older sibling to watch/listen and learn from. His brother didn't say pretty much anything until he was almost two. There's a huge span of time where they don't say a lot, and then one day it seems like they talk more than they don't.

Congrats on the molars, too! So nice to figure out why the little ones are grumpy. Hope he's feeling better now that they're through.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:21 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

I always wonder about this: Sierra, who'll be 18 months next week, randomly busts out words all the time but then we can't get her to continue doing it! I swear, as clear as can be, she's said some very random stuff in addition to mama and byebye like sticker, baby, down, bear, pumpkin etc and she'll usually say it a bunch of times in a row. We get all excited and cheer for her, but like the next day she can't be coaxed into a repeat performance. What is up with that?
in any case, I'm not worried too much because Dahlia didn't really talk much at all before like 2.5years old and now it's nonstop.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:48 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Sam didn't talk til 2.5 and now he just won't stop. Sometimes it's even like AHHH, STOOOOOPPPP!!! :p

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:34 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Henry didn't start saying anything until about 17 months, now at 21 months he's saying things like "I don't want it" and "What's Grampa doing?", so although I was freaked about his language at the time, it definitely worked itself out. My brother didn't start talking until two and now he's an ESL teacher!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:38 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

BabyPunk had two good dr appts this week.
we went back to the cardiologist for another check up because i had brought her in 2 weeks ago because she was coughing and the dr we saw put her back on her meds. well we saw our regular cardiologist yesterday and he doesnt think the cough was related to her heart and that it may have just been a regular old cough (even though he was not the one to examine her two weeks ago). we will be weaning her off the meds (again) over the course of the next month. when we go back in another month for another check up they will finally do another u/s to look at her heart. he said her VSD sounds "very small" now so we will try and confirm that next month. we;ll see if she plays along with getting an u/s done. but overall she is doing really great in that dept.

today was her 6 month pedi appt today and the pedi thinks she's doing great. if there was ever any question about who's genes she inherited it was pretty much confirmed she takes after my husband today. she only weighs 12.6 lbs which the dr said barely puts her at 1% on whatever chart they use but she is at 22% for height.

she is doing great in all other areas. the dr didnt know what baby led weaning was and told me i could start giving her rice cereal so i just said "uh huh ok" and left it at that (nothing wrong with rice cereal i just dont think its necessary for us). she did tell me to wait on chunks of tofu until more like 9-10 months and same thing with nut based sauces (obviously she cant eat nuts themselves for awhile)
poor kid has to go in three times for shots though because i dont want her having more than 2 shots at once because the first time she got three shots plus the rotavirus drink was ugly.
so she got 2 shots today. next week we go back to get her RSV shot since she qualified for it and insurance will pay for it then we go back the next week for the remainder of her vaccines :-(

poor kid :-( i almost had to disown my 2 dogs today. when we left the dr office she was pissed obviously and i took a convoluted long route home (the dr office is seriously like 5 mins from my house) to make sure she would be asleep when we got home so she might actually nap for me and when we walked in the door the dogs went crazy barking and she woke up and was crying and then slept on top of me for 2 hours. so i got my nap out of her but i also couldnt move >_<

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:28 pm 
Married to the wolfman

bap wrote:
Henry didn't start saying anything until about 17 months, now at 21 months he's saying things like "I don't want it" and "What's Grampa doing?", so although I was freaked about his language at the time, it definitely worked itself out. My brother didn't start talking until two and now he's an ESL teacher!

I was a late talker (2 or so) but the joke is that since I figured out how to do it, I've never stopped.

The Magician (21 months or so! I don't even know anymore!) has all sorts of cool and useful phrases now. They are almost all imperatives. Comically, he has also started tacking please onto a number of things. Especially if he's melting down over something. "Open the back door. Open the back door. Open the back door. Open it. Open the back door, PLEASE. *through choked sobs* Open the back door... PLEASE."

He refers to himself almost entirely in the third person. Kinda funny, kinda cute.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:30 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Also LP, yay for a good cardiologist visit and BP rolling!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:10 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

the funny thing about the rolling is she was all about it for roughly 2 days because then it meant she didnt have to do tummy time then she never did it again.
she seems to have forgotten how to roll or just doesnt want to.
hahaha lil stinker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:58 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yay, babypunk! Glad everything is looking good for you guys. I hope you start getting some naps where you're able to be free. My first son was just like babypunk and loved to nap on me for two hours at a time, most often when I needed a toilet break!

Z learned to do that "vroom" sound you do with cars. He also learned how to pucker for kisses! He LOVES doing that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:32 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Giles had his pedi appointment today - a belated 15 month appt. He is HUGE at 33 in and 28.5 lbs (again I add the .5 - it makes a difference!) The doctor was apparently completely nonchalant about his lack of talking - so that in addition to all the nice advice I got on the PPK has relieved my anxiety greatly. OH and there is something magical about this office - he did his first clapping there a few months ago, his first "mimic" of shaking his head "no" last visit, and his first "Da-Da" to his Dad today all at these office visits.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:42 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

my husband is dying for a "dada"
he is trying his hardest to make sure that is BP's first word :-)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:13 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Go Giles! I totally didnt realize there was a 15 month well visit. Oops. I guess we'll wait until 18 months at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:34 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

12m, 15m, 18m, 21m, 2yrs, then every year :)

And Eli still won't call DH "dada" it's "ahma", and I'm "mama"... confusing, but we know who he's asking for...

Go Giles!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2612 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 105  Next