| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 102  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:25 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

happy birfday Walter and Freya!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:43 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Happy birthday Freya! Look at all that hair, too!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:13 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Samuel is 5! He is 44lbs (70th) and 46in tall (97th)... I can't believe how fast these past 5 years have gone! My baby is no baby anymore!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:25 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Happy happy birthday Freya and Samuel!

Have I told you guys about the Magician's birthday obsession yet? He's been to like 4 birthday parties in the past six months (E's and a bunch of E's friends') and now he plays pretend birthday party pretty much non-stop. Anything can turn into a birthday cake at any time in our house (or at school... he does it there too) and then it's time to sing and then blow out candles. The other day, he was singing "Happy birthday" in his sleep. And I mean he was out cold. It's equal parts hilarious and bizarre.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:16 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Happy birthday Freya and Samuel!

That's pretty cute c&s.

Alice turned six months old yesterday! She is 20 lbs and I just want to snuggle her all day. She is pretty good about sitting up on her own for a little bit but I wouldn't leave her on her own yet without a bunch of pillows around her. A couple of days ago she started rolling from her belly to her back but has only done it a handful of times. Mostly on the bed where there is a little bit of a bounce. Ada loves to make her laugh and they get in laughing fits back and forth. She's still working on those first two teeth but I'm thinking they'll be here in the next couple of weeks. Her personality so far is so different from Ada's and I can't wait to see what she's going to be like as a toddler.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:50 pm 

And Alice's first tooth broke through last night!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:50 pm 
Semen Strong

Wow! I can't believe how fast she is growing up!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:28 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Happy birthday Walter, Freya, and Samuel!

Vax is 6 months tomorrow and has 2 teeth! And he is in 9-12 month clothes, which Beety and Raygold were wearing at 15 months. But he doesn't seem that big -- it's like the clothes are just smaller than I remembered. ;D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:52 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

good to "see" you Crabby! havent seen you online in awhile and i wondered how you were.

BP turned 7 months last week and not much has changed.
still no damn teeth. i think im going to lose my mind.
sleep is terrible right now. neither one of us is sleeping.
she wakes up constantly and refuses to sleep in her cosleeper.
she also sometimes wont sleep NEXT to me in our bed. she HAS to be on top of me.
so i could not tell you the last time i had more than 1.5-2 hours sleep at a time. it's like having a newborn except when she was a newborn she FELL asleep easily she just woke up a lot. now she wakes up a lot and is impossible to get to sleep.

i really hope after the teeth come she will go back to sleeping for like 6+ hours in her cosleeper or someone is going to have to buy me a coffee IV drip.

she also hasnt gained any weight in the last month. at her 6 month appt she was 12.5 lbs. we just went to the cardiologist this week where they weighed her with her clothes on and she was 12.75 lbs. that extra .25 lbs was probably her clothes and diaper.
i know she's at an age where their growth rate slows down but damn girl!
the cardio said if she continues to not gain weight i have to bring her back in though i dont think it's related to her heart because otherwise she's fine. she even came back off the meds again.
i think she is just miniature.

when she hits 15 lbs im going to throw a damn party. the biggest newborn ever i think was 14 lbs so in my mind 15 lbs is no longer any sort of newborn size. she'll probably be like 3 :-P

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:10 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

LisaPunk wrote:
she also hasnt gained any weight in the last month. at her 6 month appt she was 12.5 lbs. we just went to the cardiologist this week where they weighed her with her clothes on and she was 12.75 lbs. that extra .25 lbs was probably her clothes and diaper.
i know she's at an age where their growth rate slows down but damn girl!
the cardio said if she continues to not gain weight i have to bring her back in though i dont think it's related to her heart because otherwise she's fine. she even came back off the meds again.
i think she is just miniature.

LP, we're in a similar situation--at the 1 year check up, the doctor claimed that tiny wu was "stagnating" and wants her weighed again when she gets her 15 month vaccines (no check up). I'm not going to get into the whole baby size topic again, but just sympathizing with the frustration/worry about that.

My update is that tiny wu is becoming an artsy type! In the last two weeks I've taken her to a big Danish ballet schools workshop, two intermediate children's ballet classes I was teaching, and a high school strings and woodwinds concert. She is so into watching the dancers (though I had to prevent her from running onto the stage at one point) and claps at the end of every piece/song. She dances by waving her arms, bouncing up and down, clapping, twirling and stomping whenever there's music or other people dancing. It's kind of the first time we can really enjoy something together (other than food, I guess) so that's very cool.

Also she is super into clothing with stripes or polka dots: I can't believe she has an opinion about this already!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:07 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Tinywu the little dancer in her polka dotted tutu! I bet it is adorable seeing her so excited about the dancing!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:33 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Well, I survived the birthday party for babynut today. I can't believe she is two! I'm a terrible introvert and my partner does all the play date/school stuff so her friends are strangers to me, but I think it went well. I served the puff pastry tempeh sausage squares from vegan brunch, bagels, fruit, and cupcakes of course. I did the cookies and cream chocolate ones VCTOTW, which is what I did for the first year party, but this year babynut picked them out from the book herself. I also made the pumpkin ones without chocolate chips as a non-chocolate option.

We are a bit overloaded with gifts...I need to manage this better in future years. I'm not buying stuff, but with extended family we have Hanukkah, birthday, and Christmas all at the same time. So far (without even starting Christmas) it's too much. I can't really save stuff for another time because I feel the need to thank people for the gifts.

She is on cloud nine, singing happy birthday all day and "cooking" in her new kitchen. I swear, I could just burst thinking about how much I love her and how it just keeps getting better. I feel so lucky to have her in my life.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:00 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Aw! Happy 2nd birthday, Babynut!

Do you feel able to donate some of the gifts?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:51 pm 

Happy birthday Babynut! 2 is so much fun! :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:05 pm 

Happy birthday Babynut! I'm glad the party went well!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:53 pm 
Semen Strong

Happy Second Birthday Baby Nut! She is such a great kiddo, and quite ridiculously adorable. I love your stories about her :)

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:05 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Happy birthday Babynut! Sounds like she had a great time!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:50 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Happy birthday Babynut!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:17 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Tomorrow at noon, we find out if we can be done with foot treatments... pray!!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:23 am 

Good luck Eli!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:42 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Ok so our appt was at 9:30, not 12. HAHA! oops, but we managed to still get there by 10am. Anyway, good news is, it's improved a ton... bad news is, not enough to be done with the booties. We still have another 6 months to go :( Next appt in June. I am kinda sad that he's not done, but deep down, I knew it. When he walks, one foot still turns inward.

So yeah, that's my update for today. Next Friday is our blood tests for Celiacs (Eli), and ADHD for Samuel (it includes a gluten test too).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:13 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Glad to hear it's improving even if there's still a ways to go.

Just curious-- is your insurance covering the celiac testing?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:54 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

It's free healthcare here. And we have no private insurance, except for the govnt Medicare thing.

But yeah, as long as I go get the blood tests done at the hospital, and not at a private lab, it is free.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:57 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Oh, I forgot you are in Canada... I am super curious about the situation for that kind of thing in the States, since here in DK we also have national health care. So I'm trying to get informed for when (sometime in the not too near future) we move back.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:56 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Oh my god I think we finally have an actual tooth. I feel like she's been teething forever. The tiniest little sharp bit is sticking out of her gums. I'm hoping once they finally pop through I might get a few nights sleep before the top two start

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 102  Next