| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 104  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:52 pm 
Semen Strong

Leela has been recognizing letters - so she'll bring me a letter and tell me what it stands for. I'm kind of amazed.

And she can count to thirty!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:29 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

The letter thing catches us by surprise..we knew F knew a few letters (first letters of people's names, for instance), but now she'll just randomly point at a sign or something and say "that's a Y!". Counting to thirty is really good for 2!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:17 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I'm so impressed with the letters and counting; wow!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:46 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

so BabyPunk hit 10 months yesterday. how did that happen?
not too much has changed. she is still not crawling but i can tell it's coming soon. all of a sudden her range of motion has increased and she seems like she's contemplating it. previously if something she wanted was out of her reach she just gave up on it. she never fussed over it either she was just like "ohwell ill play with something else" now she wants those things and tries to REEEEAAACCCCHHHHHH and beeeennnnnnndddddd

maybe we'll have some crawling action by her first birthday. OR she'll just say fork it and walk. she loves standing. she cant pull herself up and isnt trying but if you pull her up and hold her hands she can stand REALLY well and also seems to think it's good fun.

also for a long time she made an array of different sounds then all of a sudden the only sound she made was dadadadadada which i chocked up to my husband's campaign for "dada" to be her first word. just in the last couple days it's changed to mamamamamama
about time! ;-)

i dont think she has any concept of who the words relate to but it's still cute to hear

here she is on her 10 month birthday standing up like a baby boss

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:26 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

LisaPunk wrote:
i do marvel at these babies that sleep though. they are magical.

After having 2 high-demand babies, having a baby that sleeps is definitely magical...and Vax only sleeps like a normal baby, not like those kids that sleep an amazing amount of time or through the night or anything. But...he sleeps!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:29 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

My baby boy is 16 months old today. Whoa!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:30 am 
Saggy Butt

Congrats SUH and LisaPunk! BabyPunk is sooo cute!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:44 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Babypunk is just too adorable! It sounds like she's on her way to moving around.

Alice turned 9 months old this week. Yesterday I put her down for a nap and she started screaming. When I went in she was sitting up. So she can get from her belly to sitting up now! She is really trying to crawl and now moves one leg and then scoots on her butt. She butt scoots to wherever she wants to go. Her current favorite spot to scoot to is in front of our air filter that is blowing air out. Silly baby. She's also cruising now along the couch or wherever and has stood for a few seconds on her own few times. So...still not sure if walking or crawling will come first.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:55 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

oooh sounds like she's just gonna go straight to walking!! get ready!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:27 pm 
Semen Strong

Leela can now reliably tell right from left. Which is insane, because as my husband points out, I still can't do that. I check my wedding ring and the scar from where I carved L for left in my wrist at 7 because I was tired of mixing them up!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:42 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Tofulish wrote:
the scar from where I carved L for left in my wrist at 7

Ouch! That's pretty adorable, though. I supposedly did great with left/right as a toddler and then totally couldn't as an older kid. I mixed them up for years (like, to the point where I'd get confused when I was learning to drive). Had it and lost it! Inez has been consistent with it for a while now and I'm just waiting for her to start mixing them up.

Greta turned four months old yesterday. I can't believe she's a third of the way to one!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:07 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

wow! i feel like Greta was just born!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:07 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Yeah, Malka does pretty well with left and right now, who knows how long that will last.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:18 pm 
Semen Strong

We were goofing off and my husband Frenchkissed me. And then when we were going to bed, Leela tried to kiss me and stick her tongue in my mouth. It was hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:00 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

My 16 month old can point to all his body parts. And he's so cute while doing it!! My boy is growing up too fast! *sniff*

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:15 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

aww that is maybe my new favourite photo of BabyPunk, she's too cute! One of our babyfriends just learnt to crawl at 13 months, they're all on their own schedules, y'know? Sounds like she's doing great!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:12 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

that is so fun with Eli knowing his body parts. Giles learned his in the last few months and absolutely LOVES for us to ask him to point things out to us! We made a little movie on our phone camera and he wants to watch it over and over and while watching himself points to the different body parts...any part he doesn't know he pats his belly which I find hilarious.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:27 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

we had a really awesome check up at the cardiologist this morning. i was basically panicking about it because they needed to do an echocardiogram before her first birthday and i thought there was no way in hell she was going to sit through that.

i brought every toy and potential distraction i could think with us. toys, books, crinkle book, my necklace she likes, etc. the answer was so stupidly simple i didnt even think of it. ELECTRONICS!

the u/s technologist busted out this mini dvd player and put some Elmo dvd on and for like 15 mins straight BP just stared at it enraptured. we dont allow her to watch tv really so she was enthralled. there is tv on in our house around her but we've never put on a kids show for her so her tv watching is really limited to college basketball and jeopardy :-P

i cant even believe how well behaved she was. the whole process took maybe 30 mins. for 15 mins she stared at the dvd player. she started to fuss a tiny bit and we made faces and took out toys for a bit but she never went over the edge. then at some point my husband took out his cell phone and opened some app for babies where animals go by and if you press on them they make a noise so then she was enthralled with that. she started fussing every now and then but honestly for a 10 month old that hates everyone but mommmy she did AMAZING. i was in complete shock.

i wasnt particularly worried about the results of the echo since the cardiologist has said just by listening he can tell things were progressing in the right direction and he doubted she would ever need surgery or have any restrictions but we got even better news than i expected.

the large VSD is now very very small. he said about 2 millimeters. i dont know how big it was before other than it was very big when she was born and we were told to expect open heart surgery at some point.
the 2 small VSDs the tech did not even note on her report so the cardiologist thinks they may no longer even be there. her pulmonary stenosis is now within the "normal" range so he said hes not even sure he would give her that diagnosis anymore.
he said the VSD may eventually go away on it's own but even if it doesnt it's really trivial and theres nothign to be done about it. we dont have to go back to see them for another YEAR!!!!

he did mention her small size and asked if our pediatrician had any issues with her growth but noted that she is indeed following an appropriate growth curve she's just at the very bottom of the chart. since our pediatrician is happy with her growth he seemed totally fine with it and we talked again about there is a statistical correlation of petiteness and heart issues.

so basically two thumbs way up. her heart issues are basically no longer a concern. she'll probably have to go once a year for an echocardiogram and that's it.

sooo very very happy right now.

we have to go practice her new favorite thing now which is standing!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Yay baby punk!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:40 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

fantastic news all around!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:41 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Lisa, I am thrilled for you guys! yaaaaay Charlotte!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:14 pm 
Semen Strong

YAY!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:02 pm 
Saggy Butt

Awesome news!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:46 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

That's awesome news for babypunklet!

Hey, talking about cardiology appointments, we have Sam's this afternoon to check up on a heart murmur or any other possible issue. Eeek! I'm kind of freaking out now...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:01 am 
Semen Strong

Good luck SuH and Sam!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 104  Next