| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 172  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station 2.0
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:13 am 
And you never will.

Oh yes, he will be three in July. I just look longingly at clothes at the store that have no boob-access and think "one day.... one day"

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:32 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ugh, yes. Inez is pretty much only nursing before nap and bedtime these days, but it doesn't really matter because a) there is always the chance she will decide on a whim that she desperately wants to nurse at some non-standard time and b) the whole thing will start over with the new baby anyway. I swear, when I'm finally done with breastfeeding for good I'm going to wear nothing but high-necked dresses for a year. Just because I can.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:27 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

poopiebitch wrote:
Oh yes, he will be three in July. I just look longingly at clothes at the store that have no boob-access and think "one day.... one day"

As someone whose child's on the other side of three, I'm still looking longingly at those clothes. *sigh*

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:24 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

flavabean wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:

As someone whose child's on the other side of three, I'm still looking longingly at those clothes. *sigh*

My first is turning five, so I had about one year of wearing any tops I wanted before little #2 came along. Could we ever have believed it would be so exciting to wear any top we wanted before we had kids?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:13 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Sudden onset illness... sore throat, vaguely feverish, headache, tired...

I just want to curl up and die alone. Toddler won't let me.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:58 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry AnnaK. Hope you feel better soon.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:27 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Urgh. Feel better soon!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:18 pm 
Semen Strong

Begs for a smoothie. Gets upset if offered a sippy. Insists on a glass. Then pours bright red smoothie all over the kitchen floor.

Deep breaths.

Deep breaths.

Deep breaths.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:26 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Hahah we have that with water and I thought that was bad. We've managed to get her to associate smoothies with the straw cups (before she could say smoothie, her way of indicating that she wanted one was to go to the cabinet with the metal 'safe sippy' and stand there yelling BA BA at it until I started filling the vitamix).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:33 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Tofulish wrote:
Begs for a smoothie. Gets upset if offered a sippy. Insists on a glass. Then pours bright red smoothie all over the kitchen floor.

Deep breaths.

Deep breaths.

Deep breaths.

OMG, she's in league with Raygold.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:48 pm 
Semen Strong

I remember reading in the Chat About Teens thread that everything for older kids costs more money, and I was thinking about how grateful I am that L costs us nearly nothing (except insurance) at the moment.

And then she ran away from me and smeared poop on the couch, and I am starting to feel like even if it does mean running around like crazy and spending money on activities, its going to be so nice once my day doesn't at least contain one close contact with someone else's poop. Though we will always have dogs and cats, so poo is probably just going to be my constant companion forever and ever. Poop stinks.

On a hilarious poop note, Leela now loves watching the cats poo. She stands in front of the litter box and laughs so hard tears comes to her eyes and yells "POO!" I am so impressed that our cats manage to ignore her, even though they give her the most pissed off little looks, which in turn make me laugh so hard it hurts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:35 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I'm so tired. Alice didn't poop all day yesterday so when she woke up at 1:30am she couldn't go back to sleep until she finally had a massive poop 3 hours later. My husband went back to work this week (although only half days thank goodness) so Ada has been going nuts with all of the changes. She also has three molars currently coming in and I'm guessing the fourth is about to break through. Someone please tell me the whole having two kids thing gets easier and that I'm not going to feel forever guilty for not being able to give Ada all of my attention anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:50 am 
Bathes in Braggs

sashi wrote:
I'm so tired. Alice didn't poop all day yesterday so when she woke up at 1:30am she couldn't go back to sleep until she finally had a massive poop 3 hours later. My husband went back to work this week (although only half days thank goodness) so Ada has been going nuts with all of the changes. She also has three molars currently coming in and I'm guessing the fourth is about to break through. Someone please tell me the whole having two kids thing gets easier and that I'm not going to feel forever guilty for not being able to give Ada all of my attention anymore.

erm. yes? and also no. sorry. i'm obviously not out of the woods just yet, lydia is only 7 months old. it's not as chaotic as it was at first, but i still feel guilt and worry about the decision to expand our family. some days are really great, some days are not so much. a lot of it is just white-knuckling it through.

anyway, you're not alone, so i hope that helps.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:16 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Beet & Raygold: Vax needs to sleep. It's cute that you kiss him and dote on him constantly, but leave him the fork alone and let him sleep. He hasn't slept much all day and it's making him mental.

Mr Crabby's exam is today so today will be the last day I have to take care of 3 kids all day with no help. It wouldn't be so bad if I weren't only 1 week postpartum.

Sashi, I didn't find having 2 kids hard at first. But suddenly, one day, they both went from sweet, docile children to crazy hyperactive motherforkers. You'd think I just fed them crack and sugarbags. Sometimes I just want to bust out a couple of straightjackets. ;p I wish we had a fenced in yard because I'd just let them go wild and wear themselves out, but I've not recovered enough to chase after them and they don't understand the concept of not running out into the street in front of cars.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:40 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
Beet & Raygold: Vax needs to sleep. It's cute that you kiss him and dote on him constantly, but leave him the fork alone and let him sleep. He hasn't slept much all day and it's making him mental.

Izz does this to Zephyr ALL THE TIME. Sleep trumps kisses right now.

I hope you get a bit of rest once Mr Crabby's all done! I can't imagine how stressful it's been for both of you! You are really an inspiration. For real. Hang in there!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:00 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

sashi wrote:

Sorry Sashi. It does get better, but then it gets bad again...just ups and downs like any other part of life I suppose. Ada will be fine, and some day soon you will have time to sit and snuggle and give her your full attention, but it won't be all the time. It's ok. There will be wonderful days and hellacious days.

Sometimes, like Crabby mentions, I would kill someone to have a yard or any outdoor place where Dahlia could just run and jump and get all her frustrations and whatnot out. I feel like NYC presents sooo many forking challenges for parents because yeah there are parks but sometimes going to one is such an effort/problem in itself. Gaaaah.

We've been really losing our minds lately over these new tantrums that Dahlia throws. Over real minor things like having to put her Lincoln Logs away, or because we send her to her room because she will not stop moving the dining table during dinner. She screams and cries sooo crazily and just will not calm down...I think I may be making the problem worse when I try to reason with and comfort her - the other day she could just NOT stop crying and was sobbing so much she puked. I felt absolutely horrible and like a big failure for not being able to calm her. Howard, on the other hand, leaves her to scream and cry and she generally calms down but I can't bear it. We are almost exactly one month into being 4 years old and I think it may be the most brutal age yet. She's doing a lot of what I've heard of as being normal toddler/young child behavior, but like 2 years late!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:51 am 
Nooch of Earl

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:

Mr Crabby's exam is today so today will be the last day I have to take care of 3 kids all day with no help. It wouldn't be so bad if I weren't only 1 week postpartum.

Sashi, I didn't find having 2 kids hard at first. But suddenly, one day, they both went from sweet, docile children to crazy hyperactive motherforkers. You'd think I just fed them crack and sugarbags. Sometimes I just want to bust out a couple of straightjackets. ;p I wish we had a fenced in yard because I'd just let them go wild and wear themselves out, but I've not recovered enough to chase after them and they don't understand the concept of not running out into the street in front of cars.

Ha, I know a woman who has 4 kids under 6 and while I am not jealous of THAT, I do envy that her house is completely, totally childproofed and her back yard has a solid, half-foot thick fence about 5' high all around it. She's basically made it into a toddler amusement park where they can safely run around and have fun.

We have a big fenced-in deck but it sort of sits on a canyon overlooking the interstate, and I'm sure V could climb over the fence if she really wanted, so yeah, that gets supervised.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:16 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

So Ada ended up with a fever last night and still has it today. It might explain why she was going nuts. I really hope it is teething related because coxsackie is going around again and she was playing in all of the sprinklers at the playgrounds. The last thing I want is less than three week old Alice getting that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:16 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Eww. Sending you good, healthy vibes!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:41 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I hope Ada gets better soon and that Alice doesn't catch it! Sick tiny babies are the worst....

On the multiple children thing, I'm finding 3 kids under 3 to really be kicking my butt. We are lucky enough to have a fenced in backyard, but the 2.5 year old will not play by herself out there for very long, and the twins still take up so much of my time that I can't spend much time outside with her. I can't wait for the twins to be old enough that they can all play together outside! I'd invite a toddler friend plus parent over more often, but we keep getting sick.

As for when things get better, we are definitely still in the thick of it, but the twins just started going down for the night close to 8 pm, and that has made a pretty big difference for me. Of course, getting a 2.5 year old + two (almost) 4 month olds to all go to sleep is a challenge in and of itself. And there are many nights when we can't get all three down at a reasonable hour, but I take what I can get.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:36 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

so this is how my day goes lately:

nurse every hour and a half to two hours. attempting to have her nurse laying across me to help with the gas issue.
is kind of a pain to get into position correctly but eventually we make it work. she nurses like this FOREVER which is fine except im pretty much spending all my day nursing and i have to usually use both hands so she doesnt get suffocated by my boob so i also have no hands free.
sometimes for no apparent reason in the middle of nursing she just stops and lets out a super loud shriek and then cries (gas?) and thrashes around. i try to pick her up to burp her and she screams and claws at me with her tiny razor like nails.

this happens several times a day.
other times of the day being only 7 weeks old she cries for no apparent reason. so i try to bounce her, i try to rock her, i try to walk around with her. eventually i get her calm and we go to the rocking chair and we rock a bit until she seems to be asleep. i ever so gently lay her in the pack n play and about 15 seconds later she opens her eyes and starts shrieking.
repeat repeat repeat
every once in awhile i am successful but usually not.
i would love to just hold her and snuggle. when i try this i usually get clawed. skin to skin lately has not worked.

my husband comes home. takes her and she lays happily on his legs and just looks around and coos and they play.

he gives her back to me so he can go to the bathroom.
screaming, clawing, thrashing.

he comes back and takes her again and walks around. she falls asleep, he puts in the pack n play and she snoozes peacefully.

WHAT THE forking HELL BABY. WHY DO YOU HATE ME?!?!?!?!?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:58 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry LP, that sounds frustrating. I hope BP and you feel better soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:46 pm 
Nooch of Earl

LP, have you read/seen "The Happiest Baby on the Block"? If not, Netflix has it. I know people who've found it extraordinarily helpful. Sorry you're having what sounds like a rough time. The amount of time spent nursing definitely gets better, around 4 months postpartum really it starts to dramatically decrease. I used to keep really careful logs and literally spent 6-8 hours a day actively nursing an awake newborn. It's annoying to be pinned down like that, but you'll get through it!!

One thing I thought was tremendously helpful and wish I'd discovered sooner was the Koalakin sling.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:14 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

We watched the dvd and i read the book before she was born. honestly i wouldnt call her a colicky baby. we use some of the techniques though funnily enough she only likes her swing when she's already calm and half asleep. i cant use it as a calming tool. she's calm.....as long as you're holding her and walking around.

i cant ever put the kid down.

my biggest frustration today is just she magically calms down for my husband :-P

i probably need to wear her more around the house but honestly i think the moby is great for walks and trips to the store but i find it hard to wear her in the house and do stuff.
i cant bend over with her in it.
and sometimes i dont get her in it so i feel safe being hands free i feel like i need that one hand to hold her head.
is there a good carrier for around the house that a small 7 lbs baby will be safe in? she's way too small for my peanut shell sling.

i think 2 big things have led to my super duper frustration today.

1. she has a bit of the sniffles today and yesterday which have been the hardest 2 days lately so i think she might just feel kinda crappy and is cranky

2. i need some extra sleep. almost 2 months of getting up every 2ish hours has been draining. we went through a period of 4ish hours of sleep but that's still not alot when im used to like stupidly long amounts of sleep. my husband told me to pump some milk into a bottle so he can do one of hte late night feedings so i can get more sleep. i think with a little more sleep under my belt and no more sniffles we will be back to feeling less like we're losing our mind

i think too once my oversupply issue and her gassiness issue gets better we'll be better off too.

i just wanted to complain :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:42 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Have you talked to your doctor? Sounds a bit like Grey, he had GER. basically he cried when he was awake and not nursing, for the first four months, at four months I got maybe two hours a day of him not crying. He absolutely needed to be held all the time, I couldn't put him down.

I didn't get the ergo until six months, but I wish I had it sooner, you can get a little infant pouch thing that goes in it.

And on the sleep front, if you can pump, do it. Get someone, anyone to help you. I couldn't pump and therefore I had to get up every hour to nurse grey. We still have pretty major sleep issues and it sucks. I am so ready to get sleep, two years of shitty sleep is awful. I don't know what I would do if I got 6 hours straight!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 172  Next