| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:44 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Aubade wrote:
SO my kid is finally wearing underwear (hooray!) but he is having lots of accidents. Today he took a HUGE poo in his undies. My husband changed him and managed to get some poo on a cushion cover for our dining room chair. I told him it was washable so throw it in the washer. I walk into the laundry room to make sure he put the cushion on delicate/cold, and see a washer full of brown poopy water with turds floating in it. He put it in there on heavy duty, hot water, WITH THE UNDERWEAR FULL OF POO.

Is it just me, or would only a complete idiot put underwear full of turds in the washer? I mean, I just can't understand how he would not know enough to dump the poo in the toilet first? I mean sure, soiled undies with the remaining smear on it, ok that a washer can handle. But entire turds???? Am I going crazy or is it abnormal to think that is OK?

Haha, this made me laugh! My partner would totally be doing the same thing. This is a sort of thing that just can't be taught to some people I think ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:39 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Well I'm glad the story is making people laugh. It is helping me see the humor in it - because yesterday I was like an angry wildwoman!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:09 am 
Nooch of Earl

I'm actually the partner who usually gets yelled at on most laundry fronts. I wouldn't put a whole turd in, but I usually do my best to scrape things clean with TP and then throw them in the laundry pile. Hot water with a prerinse usually deals with it just fine! But my husband is horrified.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:47 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Usually my life is roses and sunshine really. So WHY is it that suddenly everything seems to be going wrong? My baby has this speech thing that is worrying me, my husband announced that he has been fatigued and nauseated for the last 3 weeks so his doctor now wants a milliondy dollar work-up on him (plus poor husband is dragging around basically in bed whenever he doesn't have to be up), my mother who is supposed to come down to watch Giles for the birth of the baby has been bed bound for the last 2 weeks with a mystery illness that she says makes it impossible for her to walk and the doctor has no idea what is going on with her, the power is out on one entire wall of my house (the wall with the water heater) and the first repairman has no idea why so we are waiting on the second guy who may or may not make it by Wednesday, and my workplace has mandatory overtime for the foreseeable future. WHINE WHINE WHINE. Also one of our cars is acting very suspiciously like it might want to die - and since it is a 1999 model it would probably be not worthwhile to repair... I really would like to hiberate for the next several weeks at a minimum. I am feeling like a very glass is half empty type of person these days. I know this vent was not specific to having kids - but please tell me how to bathe a toddler when there is no hot water?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:25 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

April Fool's Day does not mean pee on the bathroom floor!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:15 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

annasrobbie wrote:
Usually my life is roses and sunshine really. So WHY is it that suddenly everything seems to be going wrong? My baby has this speech thing that is worrying me, my husband announced that he has been fatigued and nauseated for the last 3 weeks so his doctor now wants a milliondy dollar work-up on him (plus poor husband is dragging around basically in bed whenever he doesn't have to be up), my mother who is supposed to come down to watch Giles for the birth of the baby has been bed bound for the last 2 weeks with a mystery illness that she says makes it impossible for her to walk and the doctor has no idea what is going on with her, the power is out on one entire wall of my house (the wall with the water heater) and the first repairman has no idea why so we are waiting on the second guy who may or may not make it by Wednesday, and my workplace has mandatory overtime for the foreseeable future. WHINE WHINE WHINE. Also one of our cars is acting very suspiciously like it might want to die - and since it is a 1999 model it would probably be not worthwhile to repair... I really would like to hiberate for the next several weeks at a minimum. I am feeling like a very glass is half empty type of person these days. I know this vent was not specific to having kids - but please tell me how to bathe a toddler when there is no hot water?

Assuming you have a bathtub and cold water supply, mix a few kettles-full of hot water with enough cold to make it the right temperature, then bathe toddler. Make sure not to scald anyone and not to let anyone pull the plug early, releasing your carefully prepared water down the drain. Not so good if they need rinsing off, though I suppose you could make up a large bowl full of warm water and pour cupfuls of it over them, in the empty bath?

Your situation does not sound fun.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:55 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Aww, annasrobbie, that's a lot to deal with. Toddlers don't really need baths nearly as much as many of us do it. While my daughter was an only child, she got bathed almost every day. Once we added the twins, we only bathe them once a week. Instead of baths, we wipe 'em down with warm washcloths at the end of the every day.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:55 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

annasrobbie wrote:

I'm sorry you're going through a tough time at the moment. I hope things will be easier and at least you had a better day today. I agree on the wiping down instead of an entire bath for baby every day. Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:03 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Aubade wrote:
Well I'm glad the story is making people laugh. It is helping me see the humor in it - because yesterday I was like an angry wildwoman!

I just read it again and it still brings me tears of laughter. I hope he's learned his lesson for the future, anyway?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:51 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN.

seriously i am fighting off my FOURTH cold of the winter and it's not really winter here anymore. i cant do this anymore.
this was my night last night and it's a very typical night.

went to bed with BP. dont remember when, maybe 9ish. i was feeling kinda crappy all day. she hasnt been sleeping well lately. she fell asleep fine and i moved her next to me. i think the beginning of the night went ok but around 12 she woke up and i changed her diaper and then for the rest of the night she would not sleep unless she was on top of me. she is stuffed up and cant breathe so anytime i moved and tried to make myself more comfortable she would wake up and start crying. i feel like shiitake because im sick. my back and hips are killing me because they always hurt when i sleep all weird and contorted and this went on ALL NIGHT. all i want is for her to sleep NEXT to me instead of on me which makes my backs and hips hurt even more than they already do.
this morning around like 6 my husband took her (usually she wont fall asleep on him) and managed to get her to fall asleep for what i believe what a few MINUTES. i curled up on my side and ignored the crying for awhile hoping he could handle it. finally it was time for him to get up and she wouldnt stop crying so i took her back and said something about not sleeping at all last night and my husband says "well you got to sleep a little this morning!"

i seriously wanted to reach over and slap him silly. who says shiitake like that? like oh i know you're sick and in pain and havent had a decent night's sleep in like two years and were woken up every five seconds last night but that 5 seconds of sleep you just got sure was great wasnt it!!! plus i dont know what sleep he was talking about. just because i wasnt making any noise doesnt mean i was sleeping!!!

AHHHHHHHHHH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:02 am 
Nooch of Earl

I really, really want to be in a house so I can get V into preschool. We both kind of go insane without it. I'm also a little intimidated having to figure out what we're eligible to join (I'd like to put her in a preschool with Italian kids but I think they're state-funded and am not sure whether expats qualify, or what the quality is like).

Right now she's bouncing off the walls because we can't use the one good playground around here, since it's spring break and it's closed to everyone but the day camp kids. It's really hard to walk by the playground and explain that only the bigger kids are allowed to use it right now!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:22 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

LisaPunk wrote:
I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN. I WILL NOT GET SICK AGAIN.

seriously i am fighting off my FOURTH cold of the winter and it's not really winter here anymore. i cant do this anymore.
this was my night last night and it's a very typical night.

went to bed with BP. dont remember when, maybe 9ish. i was feeling kinda crappy all day. she hasnt been sleeping well lately. she fell asleep fine and i moved her next to me. i think the beginning of the night went ok but around 12 she woke up and i changed her diaper and then for the rest of the night she would not sleep unless she was on top of me. she is stuffed up and cant breathe so anytime i moved and tried to make myself more comfortable she would wake up and start crying. i feel like shiitake because im sick. my back and hips are killing me because they always hurt when i sleep all weird and contorted and this went on ALL NIGHT. all i want is for her to sleep NEXT to me instead of on me which makes my backs and hips hurt even more than they already do.
this morning around like 6 my husband took her (usually she wont fall asleep on him) and managed to get her to fall asleep for what i believe what a few MINUTES. i curled up on my side and ignored the crying for awhile hoping he could handle it. finally it was time for him to get up and she wouldnt stop crying so i took her back and said something about not sleeping at all last night and my husband says "well you got to sleep a little this morning!"

i seriously wanted to reach over and slap him silly. who says shiitake like that? like oh i know you're sick and in pain and havent had a decent night's sleep in like two years and were woken up every five seconds last night but that 5 seconds of sleep you just got sure was great wasnt it!!! plus i dont know what sleep he was talking about. just because i wasnt making any noise doesnt mean i was sleeping!!!

AHHHHHHHHHH

I'm so hearing you on this. I haven't slept properly in about 7 years now. There is always something, it's so far beyond funny that I just have no words for it anymore. Last night was especially bed. My 2 yo decided it was time to have some fun at 2am and was wide awake. Getting up, walking around the house. Partner upset because he has interviews in the morning, so I ended up watching Rio, Planes and that monkey George the entire night. I fell asleep for times on the couch for less than a minute because he wouldn't let me sleep.

It won't last, it really won't. One day we'll sleep again I promise!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:23 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I've been having a cold, normally I don't do anything about it, but this time I've been using the Vicksinhaler and I'm very unhappy about what I just found out and can't believe how stupid I'm feeling right now.

On the ingredients it ONLY states campher and menthol, nothing else. I figure it's natural so no harm. My colds typically get worse than get better. This cold has been getting worse then better, then worse, then better, then worse, then better, then worse, I'm sure you'll get it. It's been going like this for over a week now, so I thought I'd recheck the ingredients on the internet. It's a weird dry cold, just stuffiness, not much snot and slime, I can't breathe through my nose at all. Anyway, turns out the Vicksinhaler is not mentioning it's main ingredient: L-methamphetamine!

L-methamphetamine is different from the street version meth or d-methamphetamine, but has a few similarities. Using a Vicksinhaler for instance will test you positive for illegal drugs. It's also addictive, there's a rebound effect from using it. You can even get high from it. There are side effects to using it. It's a proper drug. Certainly not anything I'd like to take and I completely fell for it.

Use as often as needed it says. F*ck Proctor & Gamble!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:59 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

my dr seems to think Vicks is basically the devil.

i would just toss it if you're that bothered by it. that's what i ended up doing after i bought some that goes in the humidifier and then realized BP was way too young to be breathing that shiitake in.

i am mad at myself. i think ive talked more than enough about how little sleep BP allows me and the other night i got THREE hours of nonconsecutive sleep and *I* am the one to blame.

i had gotten enough stars on my Starbucks card to get a free drink so you know when i have a free drink im gonna get the biggest most expensive size. i drank it at 3 pm. dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

i was up til 3:30 am then BP woke me up around 5 ish after sleeping quite well for most of the night then i think we slept a bit more later.

such an idiot.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:09 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

LisaPunk wrote:
my dr seems to think Vicks is basically the devil.

i would just toss it if you're that bothered by it. that's what i ended up doing after i bought some that goes in the humidifier and then realized BP was way too young to be breathing that shiitake in.

i am mad at myself. i think ive talked more than enough about how little sleep BP allows me and the other night i got THREE hours of nonconsecutive sleep and *I* am the one to blame.

i had gotten enough stars on my Starbucks card to get a free drink so you know when i have a free drink im gonna get the biggest most expensive size. i drank it at 3 pm. dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

i was up til 3:30 am then BP woke me up around 5 ish after sleeping quite well for most of the night then i think we slept a bit more later.

such an idiot.

I used to do the same things, but not with coffee, but with chocolate. I know now I can't eat a tiny corner anymore after 8pm and I'm really strict about this rule since I'm so sleep deprived that even a few minutes more sleep make a difference. With green tea I can't drink it after 6pm otherwise it keeps me awake, again I'm superstrict about that nowadays. I don't drink coffee, so I can't compare it to that, it sounds like you had a very powerful concoction!

And don't be hard on yourself. this is just a very difficult time in your life. I often daydream about being able to sleep again without someone touching, kicking, scratching, feeding, crying, talking every other minute and having more than one minute to myself and doing a number one and two on the loo completely by myself! Just writing this post was interrupted by me having to change someone's bum, making a snack, re-directing my boy to his cars a few times and someone else here needing my attention in this house a few times.

So, you're not stupid, you're just tired. I've just looked in the mirror and I think I've aged 5 years in just one night.

And I threw the Vicksinhaler out, I think I agree with your doctor, Vicks is the devil. I haven't used any Vicks since this morning and I can actually breathe again through my nose, this stuff is evil, medicine that gives you that that you're trying to cure. Incredible.

And vent all you like on here, you're not doing any harm, in fact hearing you made me feel less alone going through this, although I do hope things will get easier for you soon.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:20 pm 
Semen Strong

After 3 days of Leela making all pees and poop in the potty, I stepped on a giant turd.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:49 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Yuck!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:04 pm 

I just pretended to leave home for class while I really just waited in the hall until babynut believed I was gone and let her papa put her to bed. I feel like a jerk, but I'm sick and have no voice and I need a break from bedtime duty.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:45 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry you're sick! I hope you feel better soon!

And don't feel bad about having Mr. B take over bedtime duty! I wish B could do that, it sounds like heaven!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:33 am 
Nooch of Earl

Oh yuck, Tlish. Potty training is such a long, messy slog.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:15 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

haha Butternut on the weekends I pretend to go to the gym (even if I've already been!) so that Howard can put Sierra down for nap exactly the way he does during the week. My presence just makes naps impossible apparently. Oh and last night, after about a month of me having to lay down in our bed with Sierra for 20 minutes to an HOUR every single night, I made him do it - she cried at first and wouldn't say goodnight to me but then settled down once he had her in our bed. I felt so FREE (uh to read Dahlia a couple books and put her to bed and clean up the counter in the kitchen...but still!)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:27 pm 

Ha! Babynut would never believe I was headed to the gym!

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:42 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Chicken pox. My beautiful perfect baby has blisters all over and just looking at her makes me sad! Of course she is sad too--itchy and feverish and generally bleh.

Also we were supposed to go visit friends in Amsterdam next week and now we probably shouldn't stay with them even if we still make the trip.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:58 am 
Nooch of Earl

Yuck! Boo! But when I had it I was pretty much fine within a week. I remember using a lot of calamine lotion to ease the itching, though I have no clue whether that's vegan. Anyway, maybe there's hope for Amsterdam yet, especially if your hosts aren't at risk for the disease.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:05 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Supposedly she has a mild case--according to our doctor who also informs us that the city is having a real chicken pox outbreak-- so hopefully we'll still be able to take the trip. But our hosts have a little girl 8 months older than tiny wu, and she has not had chicken pox yet, so.....

Sleeping, which was actually getting better for the last couple weeks, has gone all to pot again. Seriously, in the daytime it's like I have a normal, if spotty and incessantly nursing toddler, then at night she is replaced by a possessed little banshee. Argh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172  Next