| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 202, 203, 204, 205, 206
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:14 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

It is hard to find a group of parents you like to be with. I was fairly lucky with the playgroup I found with my oldest kid, but I still didn't exactly make any real friends. I did get to the point where I could have a light conversation with most of the other parents though, so that was good enough.

I do partially blame the general culture of parenting these days. I feel there is enormous pressure to do it "right" and consequently, parents have trouble letting their guard down and relaxing a bit with other parents. One reason I ended up liking the playgroup I found with my oldest is that the other parents were willing to talk about the bad stuff sometimes. They weren't all pretending to be the perfect parent at all times, thank god.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:31 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I once went to a playgroup where the hostess had NO furniture in her living room (and no other room on the main floor with furniture). She had gotten so worried about her two year old climbing on her sofa, chair, and coffee table that she got rid of them. She just had tons of tumbling mats on the floor and a small foam wedge for her kid to climb on. So, basically, she covered her entire living space with padding to make sure her kid never ever got hurt (her living room was even carpeted to begin with!).

She also made sure that every single one of us knew that she was serving ORGANIC quartered grapes for the kids. Because you cannot give kids conventional grapes, ever.

I never went back to her house. It stressed me out too much....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:42 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Oh my gosh I would be in heaven in the padded cell house. That's my dream decorating scheme. Comfy places to lounge on the floor all over the place. I'll skip the organic grapes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:49 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

you guys my husband is such a big whiny baby. like seriously.
every year his work buys football tickets for everyone and they all go to the game some sunday and tailgate and do all that crepe.
so they did that today.

he got up really early and they left so they could get there and tailgate and basically it's an entire day of drinking beer, eating gross food, and being in the sun.

he got home at 7 and has been non stop saying how tired he is. wah wah forking wah dude no one cares.
you spent the day drinking beer and watching a football game. ZERO SYMPATHY. ive once again spent the entire day with a crazy toddler. it took me id say a good 2 hours to convince her to take a bath and the fact that i actually convinced her is the crowning achievement of my week. now he's like basically lying on the couch moaning about how tired he is while i entertain crazy pants.....as usual.

at like 8:15 he asked her if she wanted to read books which basically means bedtime because usually it's books then bed and she was like "no" and ran down the hall to do something else. and he was like "think she's tired?" and i was like "Ummm it's 8:15 so no" like suck it up dude.

i totally get when he has to travel for work and has been gone and dealing with work and delayed flights and all that crepe when he's tired from that im sympathetic but really? drinking beer all day and watching football does not garner sympathy from me.

suck it the fork up

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:08 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Oh, LP! That is both funny and frustrating. Much like how my husband, who has been doing most of the cooking, cleaning, and non-baby childminding (he is done with school and his job starts in Nov, so he has a free schedule until then), informed me that it's not easy taking care of 3 kids and doing food and stuff, and when will I be up to taking over again?
HA HA HA HA. NOT UNTIL YOU START YOUR NEW JOB, PAL!
I have him out running errands for me and he even took Vax. This is better than vacation because for once, I don't have to do absolutely everything.

He also gets tired after a long day out hiking by himself. Boo hoo, buddy; nobody made you take the day off to go hiking. Hobbies and interests can be so exhausting. ;D

One time he came back from a real ale festival and I made him watch me demo my new colour correcting under eye concealer. Just because I could. XD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:19 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

LP that sounds incredibly frustrating. :(

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:51 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
informed me that it's not easy taking care of 3 kids and doing food and stuff, and when will I be up to taking over again?
HA HA HA HA. NOT UNTIL YOU START YOUR NEW JOB, PAL!

dont you feel just like saying something super snarky at these times like "no shiitake sherlock" i just dont think some people get how hard it is.

like my husband is off this week and came to preschool with us and we were driving there and he is complaining (from the passenger seat) about how dirty my windshield is on the inside so i told him to just "add to my list of things to do" (btw i could see fine even with solar glare from the morning) and he was like "it takes 2 seconds in the garage when you get home).
yeah forking right do. when i get home from preschool i have an exhausted cranky child who all of a sudden "cant walk" and i have to carry her then try to convince her to eat and coax her back into a good mood and MAYBE if at that point i remember if i have a dirty windshield i have to decide how important that is in the grand scheme of the 8000 other things i need to do.

that's kind of nice though that mr Crabby finishing school and starting a new job and his time off in between coincided with new baby arriving.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:53 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Crabby, what the fizzle with the complaining? You had a baby like, yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:44 am 

"dont you feel just like saying something super snarky at these times like "no shiitake sherlock" i just dont think some people get how hard it is."
YES!
Yesterday, I explained _again_ he is on full-time kid duty until he goes back to work because 2 weeks off is not asking much.
"When do I get _my_ vacation?!" he asks.
"You know how your commute is 2 hours each way? That's your vacation. That and your lunch hour. Enjoy your work-free, kid-free time, which I don't get."

I still have some work to do, though. The landlords are coming to check out the house (they are super nice and we haven't seen them since I had 2 kids) and there is a bunch of DIY stuff I need to do (Mr Crabby has no DIY skills), like fixing the door to the wardrobe that the kids broke off for the billionth time. I also need to direct the cleaning because it is like nobody knows what is an acceptable v. unacceptable level of mess. I'm sure the landlords don't expect the house to be perfect, but I also suspect they don't expect it to look as if it were ransacked, either. XD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:16 am 

Ariann wrote:
Crabby, what the fizzle with the complaining? You had a baby like, yesterday.

Yeah, that is pretty much what I said to him. XD I know he just wants some time off before he starts his job, and -- yes -- my 3 older ones together are definitely a handful, but too bad, because I just had a baby. I peed *my* pants changing a diaper this afternoon, cut a bisque some slack. :D

That said, when I am in the living room and he is feeding them a meal in the kitchen, it is really funny listening to them all -- the kids are constantly overwhelming him with requests for drinks, more food, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:26 am 

OMG, poor Vax is still so upset he can't go to his fitness playgroup anymore! He heard me telling his brothers they were going to their fitness class tomorrow afternoon and he said he was going, too (he is too young), and I said Mr Crabby would take him to Wetherspoon's for chips instead and he held my hand and did his not-crying-hard-blink-thing and said, "I not hungabry, actually!"

There is the afternoon session the leader said to attend instead, but it's in the middle of the day, so we couldn't get to Glasgow and back for a wee day trip before or afterward and I can't waste 4 hours (it takes an hour to get there on the bus and the bus is once an hour and doesn't match up with the session) on a 45 min class.

I still can't believe she told my husband not to come to the morning sessions anymore! He said she was about as polite about it as one can be, but still! The age range is 1-3 and Vax is 3 and so are her kids!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:17 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Why does it take so long for urinary cultures to come back? Why can't they put me on antibiotics knowing that's what it probably is?!?!?! (Blood in urine with sharp abdominal pain + no kidney stones? They only told me one possibility, anyway. . .)

I'd say the risk of kidney infection and thus preterm labor is way worse than the risk of using pregnancy-safe antibiotics without the 100%. But okay.

Hopefully cranberry juice is as good at stalling infection as people claim! Come on, stay bladder and south!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:13 am 

OMG, that is cruel!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:01 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I guess the pharmacy forked up, actually. But it didn't end up being an infection, so it's fine.

At least kidney stones only hurt ME haha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:09 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:

I still can't believe she told my husband not to come to the morning sessions anymore! He said she was about as polite about it as one can be, but still! The age range is 1-3 and Vax is 3 and so are her kids!

It's so unfair. Could you call her and explain/ask her to reconsider?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:55 am 

rebeccaxx wrote:
TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:

It's so unfair. Could you call her and explain/ask her to reconsider?

I could probably still go, but the magic of the perfect playgroup is gone knowing we're not welcome at that session.

Mr. Crabby said she was waiting for him outside the loo after class just to make sure he knew! And that she looked awkward telling him about it. Weird.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:24 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

oddspongeout wrote:
Why does it take so long for urinary cultures to come back? Why can't they put me on antibiotics knowing that's what it probably is?!?!?! (Blood in urine with sharp abdominal pain + no kidney stones? They only told me one possibility, anyway. . .)

I'd say the risk of kidney infection and thus preterm labor is way worse than the risk of using pregnancy-safe antibiotics without the 100%. But okay.

Hopefully cranberry juice is as good at stalling infection as people claim! Come on, stay bladder and south!!!

There is SO much antibiotic resistance these days. We all want to make sure they keep working by only prescribing when absolutely necessary. I'm glad you didn't end up needing any! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 202, 203, 204, 205, 206