| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 178  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station 2.0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:06 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Mitten- screw them! My son was/is a vocal, interactive, perhaps even 'needy' child. We haven't tried to force him to be docile and at 18 months, he speaks in simple sentences and blows people out of the water with his social nature (including the naysayers). Do what you think is right.

Footface- i feel for you and GG, the wake and all the attendant hullabaloo has got to magnify all of this. I'll be thinking of you, Mrs. FF and GG as you get through this tough time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:20 pm 
Grandfathered In

Hey, wife of my wife's cousin, with your professional hair styling equipment: we said to cut his hair a LITTLE BIT. A LITTLE BIT. You gave him a little kid Dutch boy!

Which is why he's crying now saying, "It looks horrible!"

"Well, I think it looks good," she just said. To him!

He won't leave the bathroom.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:33 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

FootFace wrote:
Hey, wife of my wife's cousin, with your professional hair styling equipment: we said to cut his hair a LITTLE BIT. A LITTLE BIT. You gave him a little kid Dutch boy!

oh god. i've so been there. get him a really cool hat!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:40 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Now GlueGun gets to give her a haircut.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:47 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

GG is just a kid. Why should he get to feel good about how he looks?!

Ugh, seriously, I remember hairstylists doing this to me all the time when I was little. It's probably why I cut my own hair now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:08 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

OH no! Poor GG. I second idji's idea for buying him a cool hat! This happened to Shae once and he cried in the chair at the place. The lady felt bad though, so at least there was remorse. wife of your wife's cousin sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:06 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I hate when I'm having a rough time and need some help and parents whose children are now adults make comments like "Yup, been there, done that three times and I still managed to answer the phone" (I didn't answer the phone when she called twice in a row, so she walked across the street and knocked on the door. I explained my baby was screaming. I guess that's not a valid excuse.)
To which I respond "Thanks for the helpful tips" and slam the door in her stupid face.

This was from Malcolm was a week old. He's almost 4 and I still get comments like that from the same woman.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:07 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I don't think I'd ever answer the phone or door to that crepe.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:54 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

AmandaMelanie wrote:
I hate when I'm having a rough time and need some help and parents whose children are now adults make comments like "Yup, been there, done that three times and I still managed to answer the phone" (I didn't answer the phone when she called twice in a row, so she walked across the street and knocked on the door. I explained my baby was screaming. I guess that's not a valid excuse.)
To which I respond "Thanks for the helpful tips" and slam the door in her stupid face.

This was from Malcolm was a week old. He's almost 4 and I still get comments like that from the same woman.

My MOM does this, always trying to one-up me with how hard it was to raise me and my sister. I hate it so much and it really limits what I tell her.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:34 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

AmandaMelanie wrote:

Maybe you could suggest to her that your priorities seem to be different and that you prefer to focus on your son, rather than the telephone!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:37 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

FootFace wrote:

Is there any way that you could shave it not too short? I had to do this with my son one time, after a particularly unforgiveable haircut. It grew out fast, but then again, he wasn't of the age to care too much. You have whole 'nother ballgame going on...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:17 pm 
Grandfathered In

Shaving won't work. The pageboy will just have to grow out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:49 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

How about a weave in the front?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:46 am 
Grandfathered In

mittenmacher wrote:
How about a weave in the front?

Yes, I believe this will work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:45 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

We are all getting over crazy bad colds. ToddlerCrafter has horribly low blood sugar because he didn't want any of my vegan quiche. I made him rice (and mashed some quiche into it and added olive oil and tomato sauce and a dash of soy sauce (he wants soy sauce on everything)) and after all that, he will only eat it if I feed it to him with chopsticks.

He eats one bite, circles around the room (he won't eat in his chair today), and either comes back for another bite or circles again.

Le sigh....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:19 pm 
Naked Under Apron

ah yes, the food games...seems like every week the rules change. She wants to eat with her own fork; no, now she wants to eat with MY fork, only she doesn't really eat but just stabs the plate with gleeful abandon; no, now she wants me to feed her, but it has to be food from my plate; no, now she doesn't want food from my plate unless its noodles. I find myself doing stuff like wrapping noodles around other foods and then she will eat them, or taking pieces of food from her plate and putting them on mine for a minute, then feeding them to her. I shouldn't complain because this only really happens at dinner and she eats an enormous bowl of oats/banana/yogurt every morning without fail as well as small amounts of food from her papa during the day. But I just wonder, WHEN will I be able to stop with the games?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:11 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Hahahaha, we totally have the same tactics. "I'll put it on my plate and then feed it to you because you think everything on my plate is better." "Everything tastes better with tomato sauce/a noodle/a side of cucumber!"

I've found my son is way more likely to eat all his pasta (and feed himself) if I put a tiny sprinkling of nooch on it. It doesn't have to be a lot of nooch, the nooch just has to be there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:38 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Hubby and I got so. tired. of fighting with D to get him to sleep every night for the past four months that I said 'just put him in bed with us.'

I just couldn't handle the hours of screaming and crying one more night. I'm so tired of going to bed at 1 or 2 in the morning, hubby even more so since he has to get up for work at 6.

And you know what? We all slept great. I am vehemently against cosleeping (not the concept in general, just as a thing WE do because I want to be in bed with my husband and that's it) but it felt great to get several hours of uninterrupted sleep without a huge fight for once. We still didn't get to bed till 1 because we got home late from dinner at my mother's, but it was heavenly.

Sigh.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:12 pm 
Grandfathered In

We coslept for YEARS and YEARS. GlueGun still comes into our bed in the middle of the night several times a week. Last night was AWFUL. There's just not enough room in there for us anymore, so Mrs. Face sometimes ends up going into GlueGun's room. Last night I picked him up and put him back at 5:00 am. He's yelling, "Put me back!" and I'm trying to keep my cool and allow him to calm himself down. It just didn't happen. He ended up sleeping on the floor next to our bed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:40 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Yikes. That sounds like something I would also like to avoid.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:40 pm 
Nailed to the V

FootFace wrote:
We coslept for YEARS and YEARS. GlueGun still comes into our bed in the middle of the night several times a week. Last night was AWFUL. There's just not enough room in there for us anymore, so Mrs. Face sometimes ends up going into GlueGun's room. Last night I picked him up and put him back at 5:00 am. He's yelling, "Put me back!" and I'm trying to keep my cool and allow him to calm himself down. It just didn't happen. He ended up sleeping on the floor next to our bed.

Once my parents wouldn't let me into their room (they thought I was too big) so I slept on the floor outside of their door. They found me in the morning and were like "Why didn't you just go to your bed?". I was a stubborn little kiddo.

Keep fighting the good fight, Footface.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:42 pm 
Grandfathered In

What a difference! After a full day of school, parkour class, and then supper and playtime with a neighbor up the street, GlueGun is full of energy and happy busy-ness. He requested a bath and is now soaking, while reading (and dunking) a bunch of Archies.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:28 am 
Grandfathered In

Oh well. That didn't last.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:45 am 
Level 7 Vegan

FootFace wrote:

But soon he will be going off to college and he will forget to call because he's too busy with his cool friends and you will never get to snuggle with him again!

I know, I am a sap.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:38 am 
Grandfathered In

Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 178  Next