| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 173  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station 2.0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:00 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Sorry footie, I sure do hate it too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:36 am 
Semen Strong

Sorry FF. Is there any way to not engage?

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:18 am 
Seagull of the PPK

Kelly wrote:
Sorry footie, I sure do hate it too.

me too. we're working on it, actively, and it's one step forward and two back.
i remember from my preteenage days that i had emotions that were totally out of control too, and was unable to master them. it doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:30 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

oh, man, you guys, my son is pretty newly three and i feel like we live on an emotional rollercoaster, but it sounds like the preteens will make this look like a dream.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:43 am 
Seagull of the PPK

I'm trying to avoid partner bashing so not posting about last night in relationship thread...
but my kid had a massive meltdown last night. The trigger was so obvious but it's hard when the trigger was said by my spouse, not me. i'm so tired of cleaning up after other people's stupidity. If you tell the kid that she is not as important as your business, she's going to understand that. Luckily for me she is tantrumming instead of going out to get high or have sex to show us how important she really is. What will we do when she's 15 and we can't lock her in the house anymore?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:12 am 
Semen Strong

Oh torque, I am so very sorry. I read about the bus thing and I can't believe your partner is being so unthinking towards poor FC. Hugs to you all, things sound so tough.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:18 am 
***LIES!!!***

Malka slept for a little under seven hours last night and then was up for the day. That was obnoxious.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:22 pm 
Semen Strong

You are fussy and tired. You have spent all day fighting sleep like a ninja.

Congratulations. Celebrate by having that nap we all want and need you to take. Go ahead take 2.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:15 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Don't even think about making this nap time. This is bedtime and if you get up like everything is fun and rainbows at nine I'm going to freak out!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:28 pm 
Grandfathered In

Kid, could you learn to just... roll with it? Sometimes?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:09 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

If TRS learns to roll with it, I would like Shae to (PLEASE GOD) learn to do his basic chores that he has done since he was 3, without being reminded.

"Did you feed the animals?"
"OhnoImsorryIforgotohmanimsosorryilldoitrightnow!". Uh HUH.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:01 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

totally not his fault at all but seriously kid... stop pooping and having a rash... I want you back in cloth diapers and I don't want your little bum to hurt anymore. Also putting medicated diaper cream on a 8 month old who just wants to grab at everything and roll is very hard.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:58 pm 
Grandfathered In

"Pop ruins everything!!"

Thanks a ton, kid.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:15 am 
Semen Strong

He probably just hates soda.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:30 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

whoa my god the last 18 hours have been ridiculous -

dinner last night - Dahlia just fidgeting/spitting food and pushing every possible button. Gets sent to her room, hysterical, and proceeds to peas all over her bed intentionally in the area without a mattress pad. Comes back out to finish dinner and gets sent to bed for the night 20 minutes early.
Lately her new thing has been to get up before us (her room adjoins ours but there are 2 doors into it, one into our room and one goes into the hallway towards the kitchen) and instead of coming into our room and snuggling/fidgeting/talking, she's been going to the livingroom and playing. Unfortunately she'll often play with H's Iphone and changed the default picture on it, and a couple times she got into her after-lunch cookies by bringing her livingroom chair into the kitchen and climbing on it to reach the counter. We weren't even totally mad about that because we thought it was kinda cute that she'd only eat a half cookie exactly, but I was not amused at her sudden sugar high. Well, this morning I awoke to about 10 piles of cat diarrhea (whole 'nother unrelated story) and Dahlia sitting calmly in the corner of the couch playing quietly. When she got up, I saw that she'd gone ahead and peed on the couch. Ya know, instead of coming into our room and saying "Mama I have to pee" like she's done a hundred mornings before. H and I both yelled at her, tried asking her "WHY?" but still, it's Monday morning so we try to calm down and have breakfast. That went ok, but then an epic meltdown while having teeth brushed. Holy crepe.

Trying not to just be completely enraged because I feel like this MUST be some delayed resentment on her part because of new baby etc but whoa my forking god she's so COOL about it, so blase if that makes any sense.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:27 pm 
Semen Strong

OWWWWW! Baby is asleep biting my boob and I can't delatch her. OWWWWWWMUTHATRUCKINOOOOOOWWWW

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:15 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Thanks for spilling a ton of breast milk on the couch.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:58 pm 
Semen Strong

I feel your pain B-nut. When my breastmilk is wasted, a piece of my souls withers away and dies.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:15 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Raygold didn't nurse in the middle of the night like he usually does. Instead, he tweaked my nipples for, like, an hour. I told him to say goodnight to my boobies and he was all, "NOOOOO! Helloooooo boobies!!! I need to hold the nipples!!!" *sob!*

Totally not kidding, he really said that. I think he is going to grow up to be a boob man.

(Also, cute and OT, Beety asked me to nurse him today. Meaning he wanted me to nurse from him. He grabbed my head and smooshed it on him and said, "drink my milk!!!" I was dying, so funny. Then he brightly said, "thank you, mommy!" and ran off.)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:33 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

FootFace wrote:
And here we are again. Back to the pre-teen arrogance and entitlement. I don't know what to do or how to help or guide or teach. But I know that I sure do hate this.

This is where we are at with our 11 your old. Unreal.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:08 pm 
Grandfathered In

Oh no! Old Iron Hide is hitting the same milestones! (Wasn't that his PPK name?)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:27 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Seriously kid, go the fork to sleep. I have put you back in bed literally a dozen times over the past hour and a half, and my patience is gone.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:03 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I made the terrible mistake of letting Raygold eat a ton of garlic last night. He had maybe 6 or 7 cloves of roasted garlic followed by at least another 4 cloves of raw garlic. I thought it was funny that he liked it so much and since it's healthy, I let him have as much as he wanted. Now he totally reeks of garlic and has horrible garlic breath. I mean, wow. I brished his teeth and his tongue and gave him a breath mint and he still reeks. This morning, he was trying to cuddle me in bed and his breath was suffocating me. And I had to wash off my boob last night after he nursed because it smelled so garlickey! And he asked for more garlic this morning!!!

Note to self: do not let 2 year old eat as much garlic as he wants.

Pee-yoo!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:26 am 
Seagull of the PPK

(upside, no thrush??)

apparently now that crisis is over, FC is back to her normal grumpalicious self. I sent her to bed at 8 because I just couldn't take it anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:10 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Last night was the worst since Scarlett was born. The night before was pretty bad so I was all excited to get in bed at 10 and maybe get a 3-4 hour stretch, but she woke up seriously every 10 minutes from 10 until 5 am. Every time she wakes up she acts like she's ravenously hungry, but she just seems to want to fall asleep with my boob in her mouth. One time I tried to slowly remove my nipple from her mouth after she had fallen asleep, and she instantly started screaming, then instantly fell back asleep when I put it back in. My main plan for today is to go buy a pacifier. I'm really hoping that will help.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 173  Next