| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 170  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:21 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Tofulish, you DO have a family for Leela! Think about all the wonderful friends that you have, ariann, JENNA and all the people I see you post pictures of! We don't have any family in California and for
Grey's party we had over 30 people! You have a ton of mom friends plus other friends that will happily come and make a fuss over Leela! Sometimes I am sad my family isn't lose by and I wish they could spend more time with Grey, but we are making a different kind of family.

And yeah, the bone broth. I am a terrible mother that is raising a child that is going to I dunno die? Because I don't give him raw milk, bone broth and who knows what else. Those WAP people are nuts. I mostly try and avoid conversations about diet or just stick to things we can all agree on - vegetables, fruit, flax, nuts...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:29 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Tofulish wrote:
Hee! We have a Holistic Mom's group and I would fit in so well and be so happy there, if it wasn't for the fact that the Weston Price folks bring up Bone Broth every single time we get together. There are a bunch of us vegans who are into alternative medicine etc, but we don't feel like organizing a separate group, so we just moan a bit about this one.

Ah, so now there are two reasons I didn't join that group - glad I had the intuition to decline every invitation!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:35 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Tofulish wrote:
It just occurred to me that Leela's first birthday is in 6 weeks. I would love to have a party for her, but don't feel like I know anyone really, and that makes me feel sad and like a shitty parent.

I just wish I had more to offer her. She is such a fantastic person with so much joy and love inside her and she deserves more people around her to see that spark.

Now this I just do not understand. I have never met someone so good at making friends as you. I feel like you know everybody in the universe and everybody we know in common loves you and Leela to death. And Malka, Mr. Ariann, and I will be at Leela's party!

I am sorry your various family members suck, though. My mother and I have come to a truce where I don't have to like her much at all, but I still get most of the perks of a relationship and she gets multiple opportunities to repay me for the many shitty things she has done. (I don't know if she sees it this way of course, but it doesn't matter.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:46 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Tofulish wrote:
It just occurred to me that Leela's first birthday is in 6 weeks. I would love to have a party for her, but don't feel like I know anyone really, and that makes me feel sad and like a shitty parent.

Her grandmother has seen her 2x and because of all her gossiping and shitstirring, not one of Brett's other family members has come to see her or even called us. And that is generally fine with me except today when I wish we had a family to make a fuss over her and love her. And of course my Dad hasn't seen her and won't meet her unless we fly over there, which isn't happening.

I just wish I had more to offer her. She is such a fantastic person with so much joy and love inside her and she deserves more people around her to see that spark.

I'd come to Leela's first birthday! Totally serious. I'll take the train or something. If you want to have a party for her, let's have a party! :)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:49 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Depending on timing, I'd totally come to Leela's birthday party!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:31 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Aw T. Big internet hugs for you and Leela.

The only people in my family who have met the Emperor so far are my dad, who visited for his first birthday, and one of my brothers who came to stay with us for Christmas that same year. None of them have met the Magician. Sometimes I get so bummed out about it. In part because I miss my family and love them even though they're totally nuts, and in part just because I feel like my kids really deserve to have more family. (I grew up as part of a BIG very closely connected family, so sometimes my kids' lives just seem so weird and lonely to me in that respect.)

I don't think either of my parents even know when E's birthday is. (It's next Friday.)

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:18 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Oi, there are tears running down my face now, tofulish. K and I have frequent conversations about this, including just last weekend when I mentioned her birthday being ten weeks away. I'd really hoped that for this one forking day, her family could get together, but it's not going to happen. My dad's only met her because we flew there. Her other grandparents haven't met her at all!

We go to one baby group, but it seems I'm not cool enough for the crowd there, so she doesn't really have any baby friends. (we will try a different group soon)

I think about how her family is missing every development and I get so sad. Then my dad writes me and reminds me what a stupid daughter I am for not living near them and robbing him of being a grandfather.

Have

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:21 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Oops.

Have a party! Invite those nearby who love her, even if its lots of adults. We're determined not to let this get in the way of birthday fun!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:27 am 
Married to the wolfman

The Emperor is going through a phase where he insists on barging into the bathroom whenever anyone else goes in. He waits til you're seated then bangs on the door and then regardless of your answer he comes in. VERY occasionally he just lays on the floor outside the door weeping mama, mama.

It is making me crazy. Let me poop in relative peace guy!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:47 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Ariann wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

Now this I just do not understand. I have never met someone so good at making friends as you. I feel like you know everybody in the universe and everybody we know in common loves you and Leela to death.

I agree with Ariann here. You have so many friends, from ppk and otherwise, that would love to celebrate with you! I get the whole sucky family thing. My dad has not met Ada yet and he only lives a 2 hour (if that) plane ride away. But, I don't even care anymore because he's the one missing out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:19 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Ariann wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

Now this I just do not understand. I have never met someone so good at making friends as you. I feel like you know everybody in the universe and everybody we know in common loves you and Leela to death. And Malka, Mr. Ariann, and I will be at Leela's party!

Your ability to make friends is amazing and you have so many. You know that myself, Peter, Reno and Miles would love to make a fuss over Leela's first bday! We all love her, you and Brett!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:22 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

coldandsleepy wrote:
The Emperor is going through a phase where he insists on barging into the bathroom whenever anyone else goes in. He waits til you're seated then bangs on the door and then regardless of your answer he comes in. VERY occasionally he just lays on the floor outside the door weeping mama, mama.

It is making me crazy. Let me poop in relative peace guy!

I did this to my mom. I'm so sorry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:41 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Malka is sick and it is getting so boring. Since getting her 1 your. vaccines last Tuesday she had several days of diarrhea and now several days of a bad cold with a terrible cough and constantly leaking nose. what the fizzle. Go back to being a healthy kid.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:33 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Babynut keeps crawling under the kitchen table and each time she gets under a chair, sits up, and then starts bawling because she feels trapped (I guess?) and can't figure out how to slither her way back out. So I crawl under (getting too old for this) and pull her out, calm her down, set her back on the floor and what happens next? That's right, she immediately makes a beeline for the table again. Argh!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:28 pm 
***LIES!!!***

hahaha, Malka used to do that. She'll figure it out, don't worry.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:40 am 
Level 7 Vegan

my body is being a jerk. Last night I slept 6.5 glorious hours straight for the first time since Sierra was born (she slept 8.5! and might've slept more if Dahlia hadn't come in to get me to go to the bathroom and possibly we woke her), so I should feel super awesome today. Instead, I woke up with a very sore throat. what the fizzle my body, what the fizzle!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:37 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Bad bad week. Lydia hurt her foot last weekend, so she's been limping all week long. We checked with a doctor, and he thought it was just a pulled muscle or similar, so nothing to be done about it other than wait for things to heal. That is finally getting a bit better, and then we had a trio of calamities yesterday-- got her finger stuck in the hinge of the washer, got a huge goose egg from falling off the couch, and a second year molar started to pop in. AAGH. Because of the fall off the couch, the dr was worried about a potential serious head injury, so I had to watch her all night long and wake her up to make sure that she was acting normally. Of course, waking up a toddler whose mouth hurts is just a recipe for disaster, so when I woke her up, it took 2.5 hours for her to fall back asleep! The dr told us to not give any tylenol or motrin because it could mask symptoms of a serious head injury, so we couldn't do much at all for the teething pain. It didn't help that she had hardly eaten dinner last night because she kept getting food in her finger wound, which apparently hurt a lot, so she was completely hysterical for all of dinnertime. Why do all the bad things happen at once?

Can next week be a lot better, please??

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:18 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Butternut wrote:
Babynut keeps crawling under the kitchen table and each time she gets under a chair, sits up, and then starts bawling because she feels trapped (I guess?) and can't figure out how to slither her way back out. So I crawl under (getting too old for this) and pull her out, calm her down, set her back on the floor and what happens next? That's right, she immediately makes a beeline for the table again. Argh!

This is the Magician's favorite pastime right now and it is driving me forking insane. He does it with any piece of furniture he can get under. Which I guess is a lot of our furniture... Which I never noticed before because E never did this.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:19 pm 
Semen Strong

That first poop was so solid and rolled nicely off your diaper. I was completely unprepared for #2 Part Deux, which was just a fiasco. You are lucky you are cute.

And thanks for the love, you guys! <3 <3 <3

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:40 pm 
We So Excited

Larisa wrote:
Depending on timing, I'd totally come to Leela's birthday party!

Will put on calendar now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:38 am 
Naked Under Apron

Please:

Stop:

Writing:

On the Walls:

But then, I notice this and am rather proud. I mean, not bad for a 4 year old, right?

Man, I have a lot of work to do before the next letting agency inspection.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:59 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Oi.

Some good maths there indeed! Also a great opportunity for the boys to learn logical consequences, eh? You scribble on the walls where you're not allowed, then you have to spend some time cleaning it up. :)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:49 am 
Naked Under Apron

refinnej wrote:
Oi.

Some good maths there indeed! Also a great opportunity for the boys to learn logical consequences, eh? You scribble on the walls where you're not allowed, then you have to spend some time cleaning it up. :)

Easier said than done -- Beet is going through a particularly wild and unfocused (unless it has to do with maths) phase right now. It's so hard to get him to do anything. He oscillates between being so smart and sweet and almost completely out of control. This is definitely the most challenging time for me as a parent. And he's not coordinated enough to work a melamine sponge. But he did get put in the corner several times. I took all the crayons and writing utensils away. And he is going to be reminded of how much work he caused for me every time I clean one of the areas. ;p (I can only stand to do one at a time because they are a right PIA to clean and take ages!) ;p

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:45 am 
Seagull of the PPK

Crabby, at that age i painted some walls/tables with chalkboard paint, and gave the kids chalk. it made my life soooooo much easier (we were also in a rented apartment). they want to draw, roll with it, but they must do it in teh right place!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:17 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

On my mothers group forum someone posted a link to a blog about how we shouldn't eat rice cause of arsenic. The blogger was paleo and used super old studies with small sample size. I linked to actual data, but oi, so annoying. I love a lot of my mom friends and I love where I live most of the time, but it amazes me how smart people can be so swayed by magic.

Reply to topic  [ 4226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 170  Next