| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 169  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station 2.0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:15 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

hugs to you people.

i am on my work-vacation-week with FC and she's making me FRIGGING INSANE. she won't do her damn homework, only wants to sit in front of the TV. We are at one of the most beautiful beaches IN THE forking WORLD and she wants to watch DVDs. When the sun is super sizzly, and she knows i can't go out, then she wants to go out and has a tantrum that i told her to go alone. or when i'm finally getting work done, then it's time to go to the beach. grrrr.

and my spouse is not returning emails, and my cell phone doesn't work. which made me almost shiitake my pants when i get an email that says "taking the bird to the zoo vet. don't worry." the tiel maybe was hurt before but now seems OK? but my spouse wouldn't answer my 1000 questions about what the fork is wrong with it.
I am here because I can't get my work done at home.
I can't leave home without everything going to shiitake.

I'm staying with my friend, who is single and a parent to 7 dogs and a cat. More dogs and fewer people is starting to look much more appealing.

i'm just bisqueing. things (except for the bird situation, which does really concern me) are OK. just need a vent.

[also, you know that dumb douchebag who lets their dog shiitake in the water, on the beach? That was me yesterday. Purely accidental but god, how embarrassing and disgusting. My own dog doesn't poo on walks and i just completely didn't expect it from the dog, though i did have a bag at the ready. Of course it was diarrhea so i couldn't just scoop it up quickly. I tried anyway, of course, and ended up with poo all over my hands.]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:38 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Tofulish wrote:
You should have tried that with Veto!

Believe me, I did!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:16 am 
Inflexitarian

So I forgot to turn my alarm off this morning when I got up at 5:30. I woke up the baby (on purpose) to breastfeed him and we had settled down and had only been feeding about 5 minutes when my alarm goes off. I assumed my husband who is right there next to it would turn it off. I assumed wrong. It went on and on and because it is one of those alarms that beeps faster and louder the longer it is on it eventually distracted the baby who popped off. So I dragged myself and baby into the room and found my husband laying within arms reach of the stupid thing with pillows over his head. Grrr. Then of course baby won't latch again AND he is wide awake so while I am trying to pump he is in there beating on the crib rails and whining.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:04 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Ohh, Annasrobbie, that's so frustrating! I hope the rest of your day goes better!

(He sounds just like my partner. I have to kick him every single time his alarm goes, and he actually often sleeps through hitting the snooze button. It's really annoying when it wakes the baby.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:58 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I feel like I have complained about this here before...

I only pic up the youngest one day a week. The day she has to carry her trombone home. And yet, every single day, especially since we moved, she calls after school asking for a ride. Yesterday I told her no and when she asked why I told her it was because she asked every day.

So what happens today... ring ring ring.

We live a football field away from the school. That is pretty much it. I am not making her trudge three miles in the snow uphill.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:14 am 
Naked Under Apron

OMG, kfad, I had to walk back further than that from my bus stop!

Also, Raygold learned a lesson yesterday, which is not to poop on the table and then touch it.

I swear, I was out of the room for 2 minutes max (I usually leave them longer than that). I came back in and sat down to read this kitschy old 80s Vegan cookbook I nabbed for 99p at a charity shop in Lancaster. Raygold was all, "I colouring! ...Oh, also, I pooped on the table." I look and the poop is smeared. "Did you touch it?" "Yes!"
Mr Crabby had to give Raygold a prison shower, while I wiped everything on the table and all the colouring pencils down with these disinfectant wipes (free sample for being pregnant!).

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:30 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Oh Crabby, blegh! I am so so grateful, even after all these years, that my kids did not once play with their poop. So grateful.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:13 pm 
Semen Strong

Leela pulled out the giant container of Quaker oats, emptied about a quarter of it and then carefully peed in the resulting pile.

She peed in my oatmeal. Its hilarious. After reading this thread, I'm just thrilled its not poop

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:30 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Tofulish wrote:
Leela pulled out the giant container of Quaker oats, emptied about a quarter of it and then carefully peed in the resulting pile.

She peed in my oatmeal. Its hilarious. After reading this thread, I'm just thrilled its not poop

Do you think she was pretending to be a cat?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:33 pm 
Semen Strong

BAHAHAHA!

I swear its like having a catdog.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:50 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Oh Tofulish... I am so sorry. But I am also laughing so hard I scared my cat!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:40 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

tinglepants! wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

Do you think she was pretending to be a cat?

That's what I was thinking!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:54 am 
Naked Under Apron

kfad wrote:
Oh Crabby, blegh! I am so so grateful, even after all these years, that my kids did not once play with their poop. So grateful.

I never thought it would happen to me!! Thank goodness it was just a smear and not full-on fecal-play. I have heard about moms whose kids sleep in different rooms so when the moms come in in the morning, they find their kid has been playing in their poopy diaper for who knows how long. *shudder*

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:14 am 
Not NOT A Furry

As much as I appreciate Massachusetts trying to keep my kid safe from lead poisoning, the stupid lead law has been forking up my life for close to 2 years now. We moved out of the apartment we were living in when I got pregnant to save our landladies the hassle of lead testing, moved to a way smaller/crappier place which ended up having mold (and neighbors who smoked - it's illegal for us to live someplace with a small amount of lead, but perfectly legal to share a wall with people who make our apartment reek of cigarettes), and now they're deleading our new place which means we're living out of a hotel until Thursday. At least after Thursday it will be over. Then there's the small matter of us sharing a one bedroom, which I try to remember is a first world problem, and even if we need to live here until he's five, it will most likely not ruin his life.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:54 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I think Saturday was the worst day I have ever had with Dahlia, ever. She started off by getting up at 5am and refusing to go back to bed, and then things disintegrated from there. I know she has a cold/cough which normally doesn't seem to bother her. Maybe she is really sick or something, because Saturday she just would not listen to anything we said, and was pushing every possible button ever. We sent her to her room so many times that she then was just doing things to make us send her away. I'm ashamed to say I ended up shouting in her face a bit and I think that completely sealed the deal that she was just going to act like a monster allll day.
It's just awful because all week she is asking me how many more days of work til I can be home with her, makes a big deal about how she misses me, and I get all stoked when it's the weekend...got some fun craft supplies for a project or two, had grand plans - and then she just refused to do anything. It culminated in her saying on Saturday night that she wished I would just go to work, and me crying. Yesterday was ok, but she was still kinda defiant and miserable. I need to somehow not make this about me, but now Monday is here and I just feel awful being back at work when we didn't have even a little bit of happiness and fun together over the weekend. Just wish I knew what was bothering her.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:36 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh, that sounds so rough Audrey! I hope she feels better soon and that you can do your fun project next weekend!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:14 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Ugh, the icing on the cake - our room is overlooking a gelatin plant. For reals.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:40 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Gelatin plant! Gross!!

Audrey, sorry to hear about your tough weekend.

I have to get the house ready for houseguests coming tomorrow (who, fortunately, are pretty low maintenance!! I am actually pretty sure that just vacuuming and washing the sheets and towels in the guest room would make things totally fine, but there's also some clutter and things I just want to clear up because this weekend and the next day or so are the calm before a storm of stuff). Yesterday, Violet woke up after just an hour of napping (usually she takes one 2-3 hour nap). Today, after like half an hour!! and she will not go back to sleep. I have a meeting at 6pm. Tomorrow morning I have a dentist appointment and since no babysitter will get back to me about the time and I don't feel like finding a random new person, I have to bring her along and try to get her to nap there. If I plan it enough it will work but basically all this means no chance for me to clean the house. I so wish we had family or somebody in town to just take her away for a few hours. I would vacuum, steam clean, declutter...

And all I want to do is curl up on the sofa with Danish tv.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:55 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I can't really imagine how you will get her to nap while you are at the dentist. I'm going tomorrow, and I can't imagine how I could manage a toddler while strapped in the chair.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:01 pm 
Semen Strong

Good luck annak and Vi! I hope you can manage it.

Our dentist's receptionist is his wife and she said that she could handle L during a very brief follow-up that I had. Leela was about 10 months and just crawled everywhere at top speed. It was distracting. They had a ton of toys and books though, maybe that would work for Vi?

Bap, gelatin plant. Ugh. Good luck - I hope your new place turns out to be surprisingly nice.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:58 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I am so furious!!!! I finally got Malka down to stupid forking LabCorp, talked to the receptionist, registered, made sure everything was cool with our prescription for lead and iron testing by heel stick, then go back and the phlebotomist says we can't do a heel stick because *the lab will reject the blood for testing for being in the wrong tube for her age* [SERIOUSLY? And of course I don't want to be the crasshole who makes my kid go through an unnecessary blood draw that is then not even tested] because she's over 12 months. So finally I'm like, fine, we're here five stupid months late already, let's just forking get this over with, I let the woman look at her arms and she assures me Malka has a great clear vein and that she's awesome at drawing blood from babies with one stick blah blah blah and it'll be over super fast. As soon as I start holding Malka tight of course she becomes completely hysterical, then they stick her and are digging around in her arm because they keep losing the vein, a little bit of blood flows, they lose the vein again, and give up. And say to me, you should take her to the hospital to have it done - why? are they going to sedate her? fork YOU VERY MUCH for causing my baby extreme distress for forking nothing. No I am NOT taking her to the hospital. I'm not doing this again unless there's actual indication that she might have an issue. I'm going to give her her stupid multivitamin and call it a forking day. forkers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:12 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry. That is horrifying. Poor you and poor Malka!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:32 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Poor Malka and Mama! Miles has never had blood drawn. Reno has only had it done once, at 1, and she did well with it at (i think) Quest . They were awesome with her. Are you able to go to a different lab? I'm annoyed that any Dr my kids have had don't draw the blood themselves or one of their nurses while in the office and make us go somewhere. The reason we don't get it done now is because i'm too lazy to take them to get it done.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:39 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I lean more and more to the lazy end of parenting decision making, but had really talked myself into doing this.

Only lab our insurance covers is LabCorp or I guess the hospital if we make a sufficient case (but would then have to get pre-authorization). I'm not going through this stupidity again, so I actually don't give a shiitake right now where I can get it done! My mother has been saying ever since I first mentioned that we needed to get her blood checked (5 months ago) that that was stupid, that none of us ever had any kind of blood testing until we were school-aged and then it was just a two-second quick finger prick (in the office) to screen for anemia, and we had the best pediatrician who ever lived so clearly any other advice is suspect. I kind of agree with her now. And I really did have the best pediatrician who ever lived (until we moved to NJ and it was all downhill from there). We loved her so much I've been back to visit her as an adult to say hi. I should call and ask her advice. Feeling really defeated about this experience!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:42 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Alright, I just totally called my pediatrician in San Diego. Let's see if she calls back. :)

Reply to topic  [ 4225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 169  Next