| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 170  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:37 am 
And you never will.

Peter fought sleep so hard tonight. I started trying to put him to bed at 8:30 (we were out a bit later than we had planned), and he didn't go to sleep until 11pm. Which means I wasn't able to start on my baking until 11pm, which is why I am still up at 1:30am and will be up for at least another hour before I can go to bed. And I still have a ton of baking to do tomorrow, so I'll be up early anyway even though Peter will probably sleep late. UGHSOTIRED.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:30 am 
Naked Under Apron

tinglepants! wrote:
TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
OMG, Beet just peed in his lunch, a bowl of beans & tomatoes. $%^@£%^@£%^$@£!!!

Has he been watching Troll 2?

I didn't know there was a sequel!! We used to watch that movie when we were kids and laugh like crazy.

It was funny because we were having a family sit-down meal and I hear this water running and there is Beety, nonchalantly peeing into his bowl of untouched food. Mr Crabby and I just stared at Beet (and each other) in silent horror. When Beet was done peeing, Mr Crabby was all, "there are better ways of telling us you don't like lunch, Beet."

I am OCD about not wasting food so I didn't like throwing it all out, but otherwise, it was pretty funny. I'm pretty sure he just had to pee and didn't think things through.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:50 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
tinglepants! wrote:
TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
OMG, Beet just peed in his lunch, a bowl of beans & tomatoes. $%^@£%^@£%^$@£!!!

Has he been watching Troll 2?

I didn't know there was a sequel!! We used to watch that movie when we were kids and laugh like crazy.

It was funny because we were having a family sit-down meal and I hear this water running and there is Beety, nonchalantly peeing into his bowl of untouched food. Mr Crabby and I just stared at Beet (and each other) in silent horror. When Beet was done peeing, Mr Crabby was all, "there are better ways of telling us you don't like lunch, Beet."

I am OCD about not wasting food so I didn't like throwing it all out, but otherwise, it was pretty funny. I'm pretty sure he just had to pee and didn't think things through.

There isn't a sequel--there was just never a Troll 1!

I kind of love that, instead of freaking out mid-pee, you and Mr. Crabby waited until he was finished to before politely reasoning with him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:50 am 

oops. double post.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:48 am 
Naked Under Apron

tinglepants! wrote:

I kind of love that, instead of freaking out mid-pee, you and Mr. Crabby waited until he was finished to before politely reasoning with him.

What about Troll with Julia Louis-Dreyfus? It was so bad, I loved it!

Beetroot is so kooky, he really has to out-do himself to get me to freak out! :D He's peed in a lot of things, but food is a new first.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:00 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Dear Magician: I know you love to practice any new skill you get, but listen. Spitting is not awesome. You think it's exciting that you've found a way to avoid unwanted medication, and food you like enough to put in your mouth (an already extremely limited list) but not enough to swallow. This will not work out for you in the long run, and it is really not endearing. Please stop. K thanks.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:52 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Tofulish wrote:
That is hilarious!

The last 2 nights we gave her ibuprofen because she was burning up but last night she just had the cough, so I held off and she woke every two hours with a night terror.

Ugh. This is exactly how Miles was the last few days. Night terrors, the cough and all. Then it turned into both ears being infected. Today he's been doing capoeira for about 30 plus minutes straight..yea for antibiotics.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:59 pm 
Naked Under Apron

coldandsleepy wrote:
Dear Magician: I know you love to practice any new skill you get, but listen. Spitting is not awesome. You think it's exciting that you've found a way to avoid unwanted medication, and food you like enough to put in your mouth (an already extremely limited list) but not enough to swallow. This will not work out for you in the long run, and it is really not endearing. Please stop. K thanks.

OMG, has he been on the phone with Raygold or something? Raygold LOVES to spit on things! (Better than peeing, but still...nothing like your son telling you he loves you and then hocking a loogie on your foot.)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:34 pm 

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
tinglepants! wrote:

What about Troll with Julia Louis-Dreyfus? It was so bad, I loved it!

Beetroot is so kooky, he really has to out-do himself to get me to freak out! :D He's peed in a lot of things, but food is a new first.

Completely different Troll movie. Troll 2 is one of the worst movies ever made--and it's about goblins who are vegetarians. They disguise their ugly-goblin selves as people and serve green food to real people who don't know any better. When the real people eat the green food, they turn into plants and then the goblins eat them!

There's a little boy in this movie who takes a vaction to the middle of nowhere (Nilbog--it's goblin spelled backwards!), and his dead grandfather is visiting him to tell him to stay away from the goblins. His family doesn't believe him and when they're all about to eat a green feast given to them by the local townsfolk, the boy has no option other than to pee on all the food!

And then his dad carries him upstairs and starts to unbuckle his belt and you think he's going to be a big ol' meanie but all he does is tighten his belt and say, "this is what happens when you peas on hospitality" and something about going hungry.

Total derail but maybe it'll provide a laugh for anyone who's kiddos are smearing poop on the walls, today?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:55 pm 
Semen Strong

Troll 2 sounds hilarious! The only movie I know with peeing in it is "War of the Roses."

I am so sorry Miles is ill, JENNA, and happy he is on the mend. I'll watch for the same signs in L, thanks for the heads up. Night terrors are the worst.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:03 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I am currently an hour deep in a stand off with Silas regarding tooth brushing. The real issue is bedtime, but he's smart enough to know that if he resists each step, it will draw out the process much longer.

He would much rather draw Captain Underpants on his chalkboard. Sleeping is not on his agenda tonight.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:07 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry. Are your inlaws still there? Does that disrupt your sleep schedules a lot?

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:18 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

They are still here. Forever, apparently.

This one actually isn't their fault. They've been upstairs, out of our area, since 7:30. Silas is just is a lovely new round of Boundary Testing.

I think I might actually win this after all. He's in bed finally soaking in the idea that he doesn't get a bedtime story if he screams for an hour. At first he said he wanted two chapters instead of one to make him feel better.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:20 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry. You must be a saint. My MIL lives 10 minutes from us and that is too close.

Gotta love the wins! Also I love that Silas is negotiating with you.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Silas is a full time negotiater! It's the funniest thing, but gets old quick. All day, every day. He outsmarts everyone except for me, luckily I know his tactics too well.

Oh and I'm not a Saint, I'm a doormat.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:52 pm 
Semen Strong

I just adore all the Silas stories. I was laughing today remembering the one about Silas in the movie theater (I think) when the baby was crying. Its also nice that he is so empathetic.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:00 am 
Naked Under Apron

tinglepants! wrote:
Completely different Troll movie. Troll 2 is one of the worst movies ever made--and it's about goblins who are vegetarians. They disguise their ugly-goblin selves as people and serve green food to real people who don't know any better. When the real people eat the green food, they turn into plants and then the goblins eat them!

There's a little boy in this movie who takes a vaction to the middle of nowhere (Nilbog--it's goblin spelled backwards!), and his dead grandfather is visiting him to tell him to stay away from the goblins. His family doesn't believe him and when they're all about to eat a green feast given to them by the local townsfolk, the boy has no option other than to pee on all the food!

OMG, I love it. I checked it out on-line and it says it's one of the worst movies ever and so bad it swings back around and is almost kind of awesome.

Kelly wrote:
Silas is a full time negotiater! It's the funniest thing, but gets old quick. All day, every day. He outsmarts everyone except for me, luckily I know his tactics too well.

Oh and I'm not a Saint, I'm a doormat.

I am, like, the least doormat person ever and I am still in a kind of door-matty position around my in-laws because of the family-thing. My husband says I can't swear around them -- I am way better at sticking up for myself if I can throw a few zingers into my tirades, I don't know why, but it really helps.

I also have to feed my in-laws, which sucks because (a) when they feed us, their portions are pitifully small (one time everyone got a cheese platter and I got 3 pieces of lettuce and 3/4 of a radish -- NO LIE (my husband says it didn't matter, though because the cheese was mouldy -- also no lie) and their food is sad and bland; (b) they are really bossy about the kind of food they will eat, it can't be too spicy or whatever and my coffee is too strong so they will bring their own instant coffee and I should have psychically known that the first time I ever made it (meanwhile I am not allowed to use their kettle when we visit and I'm not allowed to have my own teabag!) (c) they always want sandwiches for when they go hiking (thank god they leave the house sometimes) and I am fine with them using all my bread and supplies, but even when I give them all the butter knives in the house and beg them to use a different one for each condiment, I still find jam in my marmite, etc.; meanwhile at their place, we are not allowed to make anything for ourselves because Mr Crabby is "greedy and can't be trusted."

They still get 3 star Michelin meals when they are here, though, because I don't need any more criticism from them. Even though they still complain that I don't make dessert every day (that's just not how I roll) and that they hated my sushi that I made for them 10 years ago and they have to have sliced-in-half, peeled, and boiled-for-20 minutes potatoes with everything,

Even when my nice aunt and uncle came to visit for just over a week, I felt a little door-matty because my uncle is so set in his ways and we had to kind of cater to their routines and such and it seemed like my aunt was on the verge of freaking out because of the rain.

BTW, you aren't a doormat. My dad is a doormat and real doormats LIKE it!

ETA: (Um...that was kind of a tirade, I was just trying to be sympathetic because I hate being submissive and I still end up being kind of a sub around my in-laws sometimes...doh!)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:27 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

There is actually a documentary about Troll 2 called "Best Worst Movie" Troll 2 is a cult classic.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:06 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

The following is an overall vent that includes husband and children.

I am the only person in a house of big people (kids are big) doing any house work. And I am so forking tired of it. I have spoken up. I did last night. Know what happened? They left a bigger mess.

I am running away.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Hugs kfad. Sucks when you're the only one who notices the mess and wants to do something about it.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:52 pm 
Nooch of Earl

This might not work for you, but for my husband at least, the best way to get him to clean/do housework/turn off Skyrim is to just start cleaning up myself within earshot/view of the living room. Within a few minutes he gets shamed and joins in. ;) Works way better than nagging. Similarly, whenever I'm cooking is when he decides he needs to unload the dishwasher, which is actually super annoying because it's generally the worst possible time to have someone underfoot in the kitchen. ;)

My rant is a jetlagged toddler, but more on that later.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:03 pm 
Naked Under Apron

annak wrote:
This might not work for you, but for my husband at least, the best way to get him to clean/do housework/turn off Skyrim is to just start cleaning up myself within earshot/view of the living room. Within a few minutes he gets shamed and joins in. ;) Works way better than nagging.

Lucky! If my husband knows I am cleaning, he is pretty much glad he doesn't have to and that's that. The only way to get him to clean is for me to not clean something and to nag him and demand that he cleans it. Except the trash, which he only changes because I don't. (Boy, I sound like a really nice lady, don't I?) ;D

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:14 pm 
And you never will.

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
annak wrote:
This might not work for you, but for my husband at least, the best way to get him to clean/do housework/turn off Skyrim is to just start cleaning up myself within earshot/view of the living room. Within a few minutes he gets shamed and joins in. ;) Works way better than nagging.

Lucky! If my husband knows I am cleaning, he is pretty much glad he doesn't have to and that's that. The only way to get him to clean is for me to not clean something and to nag him and demand that he cleans it. Except the trash, which he only changes because I don't. (Boy, I sound like a really nice lady, don't I?) ;D

I clean around my husband all day long, and I've never known him to chip in. I could nag (and have in the past) until I'm blue in the face, and that doesn't work either. I have tried making a safe space to talk about division of labor, discussing who should do what (and giving him first choice), making charts about who does what and when, and it doesn't work. He simply doesn't do anything, and doesn't seem to care that it means I then do it all. The only thing that doesn't get cleaned is "his" bathroom, because I feel like I shouldn't have to clean it if I don't use it, and it is so forking disgusting now you just have no idea. I always think if I leave it long enough he will clean it, but it never happens and then eventually it gets so bad I just can't stand it anymore and I put on gloves and a face mask (not joking) and I clean it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:51 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Oh poopie, that is awful.

This is not the norm. Usually, I have enough help that it isn't a thing. But kid 2 was busy with a play, which makes kid 3 think she doesn't need to do anything either. And kid 1 just got a job so thinks it is all good cause he does his own laundry. It really has spiraled out of control since the move. Sigh.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:52 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Re cleaning: I just live in a forking pig sty. No really, I refuse to clean up more than my share and that pretty much means my apartment is always a mess. My partner doesn't seem to notice or even put two and two together when his stuff gets broken, lost, or ruined.

Not sure if this is a vent yet. I guess it is...Babynut fell asleep at 5:20 while we were getting ready to go eat. Cancelled dinner plans. Fine, I didn't want to go anyway. Now I have no idea if she will actually sleep through or if this means she is going to get up and stay up all night. I'm a little on edge.

Reply to topic  [ 4227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 170  Next