| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 175  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station 2.0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:39 pm 
Nooch of Earl

*hugs* That sucks, Tlish. If it makes you feel better, even the queen of England is apparently not immune to the stomach flu!!!

I got my leprechaun dumps made, at least! I'm waiting for them to cool fully and I need to write a note to my husband for the other care package, but otherwise I am ready to go to the post office (which is always fun, filling out customs forms while wrangling a toddler and two big boxes, especially with all the crepe for sale they have now at toddler level, like greeting cards and padded envelopes..)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:48 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Annak, I did that last week with two in tow. I had no idea how to fill out the address for the UK and the boys ran around like mad. I wish there was a drive-through post office (and grocery, while we're at it).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:39 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Kelly wrote:
We eat leftover rice a few times a week. I always make a lot at once, refrigerate, then heat it up over the week. We've never had an issue. This is kind of amazing to me.

Same here! It's brown rice, but it's only gone funky once when I forgot about some and left it out for 2 days.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:42 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

annak wrote:
(Her latest favorite thing is pulling out a dining chair, climbing up onto the table that way, and spinning around on the dining room table. yay.)

Oh man annak, it sounds like Ada and V would get along famously right now. Ada discovered the joys of climbing on the kitchen table last week. And our last few music classes? She sits and participates for the first half and then it's run run run like crazy all around. And try to push the chair and couch out of the way that are blocking us off from the rest of the place (it's in a bar). Last week she got on her belly and slid under the couch that was blocking off our area. I dragged her out which was hilarious for her so she kept doing it. So I end up standing in the front of the class blocking her from the chairs and couch. I don't think I'm going to sign her up for the next session because I am just getting too big and uncomfortable to get up and down chasing her.

I hope poopiebaby and Leela feel better really soon! Poor babies (and mamas that need to clean it all up) :-(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:06 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

holy hell I am not sure if is teething or a cold - it's probably both - but Sierra is just a little ball of runny fluids, nose and mouth are going full blast! and she is soooo miserable. I think it's the 4th tooth on top but it's weird because the one next to it came in fully all easy and non-miserably!
in between bouts of screeching she is crawling all over the house and it's very cute - but good Lard she tried to crawl away with my nipple in her mouth this morning. No no no no no.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:21 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Audrey wrote:
but good Lard she tried to crawl away with my nipple in her mouth this morning. No no no no no.

Oh, god!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:44 pm 
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!

annak wrote:
filling out customs forms while wrangling a toddler and two big boxes,

Ask for a handful of them so you can fill them mostly out at home. My PO has always been glad to oblige.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:43 pm 
Semen Strong

Quit sticking your fingers up the dog's butt.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:39 pm 
Nooch of Earl

*snort* Leela wins the thread, again.

Quit grabbing everything. Quit opening drawers and taking everything out of them for no reason. Stop making one mess while I clean up another. Quit pulling things off the counters. Quit running away with every piece of paper in the house, quit pulling papers off the fridge.
Quit unrolling/taking TP, tissues, paper towels, etc. I get that you're bored, you know what? I'm bored too, bored reading the same plotless book a dozen times over, bored of not being able to go to restaurants or movies, bored not being able to go to parties with my friends, etc.

One of my best friends is flying in w/ her toddler tomorrow and man I cannot f'ing wait. But it also means that I have stuff to clean and do and get ready and doing any of this results in whining, tantrums, and destruction. LIke I try to clean the carpet in one room and my drawer of kitchen tools gets unloaded and thrown on the floor in another. ARGGGHGHGG.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:07 pm 
Semen Strong

Don't bother cleaning! You know what two toddlers are going to do to your home :) Clean after they leave.

When we have toddler friends over, I am horrified and impressed by the completeness of the destruction they wreak. Make something yummy instead for you and your friend and something uncrumby for the toddlers. Just not hummus, because it is basically salty fingerpaint.

And you should have seen the look on the dog's face. Poor Cuddles.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:35 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

To my dear 12 year old: NO. I will not be having another baby. You get to be the youngest. Deal with it and stop asking me for another sibling.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:54 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

kfad wrote:
To my dear 12 year old: NO. I will not be having another baby. You get to be the youngest. Deal with it and stop asking me for another sibling.

Totally. My four year old asked me yesterday. "Mom, I want another baby to come." Uhhhh, no. No way. We cannot fit that much awesome in our apartment. Sorry! Haha.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:43 am 
Seagull of the PPK

bodhi wrote:
kfad wrote:

Totally. My four year old asked me yesterday. "Mom, I want another baby to come." Uhhhh, no. No way. We cannot fit that much awesome in our apartment. Sorry! Haha.

i think they're required to ask that at some point, it's in their contract.
my daughter HATES children, babies, etc and even she said a few months ago "wouldn't it be nice if....." and i just cut her off right there. no, that ship has sailed, uh uh.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:38 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I think the worst is that she adores babies. And we just don't have friends or family who are really having them. At least not close to where we are. She just fiends for baby snuggles. Which may be why we keep getting so many pets.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:37 am 
Nooch of Earl

Maybe she'd like to enroll in a babysitting class at eg the Y?

(I don't know that most people would be ok with a 12-year-old watching a baby alone, but I bet she could find work as a mother's helper! It would be a little pocket change for her and baby snuggles, and she'd realize just how much WORK it can be.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:19 am 
***LIES!!!***

Oh hey, you know how I complained some time back about a $1500 postpartum labs bill that my insurance wasn't covering? So guess what. It was someone else's bill. It was from a doctor's office I hadn't set foot in in over a year before the labs were supposedly drawn. And I didn't know that, because the lab never sent me detailed info and because I did have labs taken by my midwives around that time and always just connected the two and didn't think anything of it. I have been fighting to get my insurance to cover a $1500 bill for SOMEBODY ELSE for nearly a year and a half. AND! The best part! My insurance DID cover a bill from that lab during my pregnancy that was DEFINITELY NOT MY LAB WORK because as it turns out, my midwives have never even HEARD OF THAT LAB. But because all the right connections were made that first time, the insurance covered it and I never heard about it, just got a notice that they had covered that lab. So this other doctors' office has defrauded me and my insurance company multiple times.

And what was the diagnosis that the labs were billed under? Irregular menstruation. If only someone had freaking said that in the first place I would've put two and two together a long asparagus time ago.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:24 am 
Level 7 Vegan

this goes perfectly with your subnick.

(also, what a mess!)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:49 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Ugh. So my mom is watching Ada while my husband is working from home in one if the bedrooms. He just emailed me to say that he heard her on the phone complaining how she always mixes up Ada's name and my niece's name (whose first syllable sounds the same) and then something that implied that my sister-in-law complains about how we named Ada. Our apartment is small, obviously my husband can hear her. That and this is the first time she is really watching Ada for a couple of hours and she can't seem to not answer her phone. She's already had two long phone calls (seemingly unimportant). Hellllo, you finally have a chance to watch your granddaughter and you're sitting on your phone the whole time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:32 am 
Semen Strong

Ugh, that sucks. I'm so sorry Sashi.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:39 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Rant: I haven't had a break from the kids in ages, and my partner's been working full-time with a class after work this week. It's raining, and all my shoes leak, and I haven't had a chance to replace them, so I don't want to take the kids out today. The baby keeps calling for me, then when I pick him up, he wants down, and then he cries again. The cycle seems endless. My older son woke up the baby TWICE when I had finally got him back to sleep. He woke up way too early, and still hasn't fallen asleep for a nap. I don't want to just put him in the bed, because now that he crawls, he won't stay in it. We have a crib, but I don't want him to associate it with crying, because if I put him in it, he cries. On top of all the crazy kidlet stuff, my loan provider switched management companies, and now won't accept my payments because I live in Canada (formerly lived in US), and I don't know what I'm going to do. Ugh!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:30 pm 
Semen Strong

Went to a playdate on Monday, and one woman brought her daughter whose nose was literally streaming clear snot and the kid was miserable and blowing snot bubble when she was trying to talk. I kept L away from her and the shared toys until we could leave, but I am really worried that L is going to get sick, partly because she suffers when she is sick and partly (selfishly) because we have spent most of March in quarantine and I really miss hanging out with our friends. Plus being stuck at home with a sick kid sucks.

I feel a broken record, but I really wish people wouldn't bring their sick kids to playdates! And I feel like a grump about it, because I know I am in the minority and most people just chalk it up to the nature of children.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:46 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Ugh, I hear you, Tofulish. It's a very sore spot for me at this point because Lydia got sick right around when the twins were born due to a nanny bringing a sick kid to playgroup. And then the twins both got sick from her. Took them to the ped, and it's RSV. So now I have two RSV-infected 3 week olds because someone decided it was OK to bring a sick toddler to playgroup. At least neither of the twins has developed the more serious symptoms of RSV. Fingers crossed it stays that way....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:58 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

T'lish...decode the snot by it's color! http://cocopreme.hubpages.com/hub/snotd ... tcolormean

I was always under the impression that when the mucus/snot turns clear you are in the clear. I see it with my own kids also. When they are sick the snot gets a color to it and then when the cold has run it's course it becomes clear. My nose will run more when I'm outside also so that could have been why the girls nose was streaming with snot and why she was miserable.

"Clear Mucus

Normal mucus is a clear color and is a thick, viscous liquid similar to the texture of glue. You probably don’t have any infection or virus if your snot is still clear. As long as your body isn’t producing too much or too little mucus, and as long your mucus is the right texture, you should be in good health snot-wise.

If your body is producing an excess of mucus, the likely cause is allergies. Talk to your doctor about appropriate treatment."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:20 pm 
Semen Strong

We were in an indoor playspace, so it wasn't because of the cold. I've read that the color of the mucus matters less than how the kid is feeling and this was definitely a sick kid. Her mother even said she was still sick, but that she didn't want to miss out on going.

Quote:
When a cold virus first infects the nose, the nose makes clear mucus; however, as the body is fights the virus, the mucus becomes yellow or white. Once the bacteria that normally live in the nose grow back, the mucus becomes green.

Dueling sources :) http://www.livestrong.com/article/54393 ... p-running/

How horrible helbury! Sending you and the twins lots of good thoughts for a quick and complete recovery.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:39 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Jeez! You can't get a straight answer about anything anymore! :)

If the mother admitted that her kid was still sick then that mother is dumb for taking the kid to a play date.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 175  Next