| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 175  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station 2.0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:55 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Yeah, barf.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:13 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i wish i could have some sort of filter that filters out all this crepe from my FB feed.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:17 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

RIGHT THIS SECOND someone posted a thing about beheading babies and abortion and how the liberal media control the fact that we aren't fully aware that right now, in Philadelphia, it is raining fetus feet.
i don't think i can block people fast enough.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:11 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Puke T. (Both Ts, actually.) I saw the WAPF one the other day and thought again of how woefully undernourished my poor vegan babies have been. You know, the ones who were in the 90+ percentile for everything throughout infancy and are at or ahead on milestones etc. Those poor, sad little vegan babies. If only i'd given them raw milk!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:20 pm 
Semen Strong

Leela has now pulled and prodded at my laptop charging cable so much that it no longer fits in the socket to charge properly. I am beyond annoyed.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:27 pm 
***LIES!!!***

annasrobbie wrote:
The woman who has no children particularly annoys me. I can see being interested in children's issues perhaps, but aren't their bigger issues out there then circumcision?

I decided to drop out of a vegan group for awhile after a big blow-up on just this topic.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:19 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Heh. I have an "intactivist" FB friend too. I don't plan on having any future boy babies circumcised, but this whole "cutting is child abuse" line is over the top.

Another friend (who I didn't know very well when I added her) is suuuuuuuuuuper conservative, right-wing and religious. I don't think we've ever agreed on any subject ever, except breastfeeding (which is how we met...through LLL).

The WAPF people..they're just in a category all by themselves.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:33 pm 
Semen Strong

I think Footface said it best about circumcision (but true for all controversial topics), that if you know a topic is the subject of controversy, its best to be extra civil around discussions of it.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19318&hilit=circumcision

I am against circumcision for children, but given reasonable people still do differ on it, I try and avoid discussions on it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:53 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

So I rarely (ok never) comment on Facebook statuses of people I don't really talk with but someone I went to high school with posted something about how vegans had dumber babies. I having been reading the comments and she quoted some crepe about babies being born smaller and being developmentally rhubarbed so I just couldn't not comment. Her response was she's glad my kid is healthy but urged me to listen to ancestral health forum podcasts and anything by weston price and a few other people. And this is why I never comment on Facebook statuses.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:58 pm 
Semen Strong

sashi wrote:
So I rarely (ok never) comment on Facebook statuses of people I don't really talk with but someone I went to high school with posted something about how vegans had dumber babies. I having been reading the comments and she quoted some crepe about babies being born smaller and being developmentally rhubarbed so I just couldn't not comment. Her response was she's glad my kid is healthy but urged me to listen to ancestral health forum podcasts and anything by weston price and a few other people. And this is why I never comment on Facebook statuses.

So her mom was vegan?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:47 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Tofulish wrote:
sashi wrote:

So her mom was vegan?

I feel like calling someone developmentally rhubarbed is...not very nice, whether it's being turned back around on her or not.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:52 pm 
***LIES!!!***

What's rhubarb the filter for?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:53 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

R.etard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:01 pm 
Semen Strong

It was in relation to the dumb, but of course, I should not have stooped to that level.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:07 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Well, if Weston himself wants to come over and convince V that she doesn't need NURRRR, he's welcome to do so. Actually these days I'm forcing her to say please (mean mommy!!) so it's "NURR, PEE-YAH. NURRRRRR."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:00 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

sashi wrote:

*dies* So if I ate meat and raw milk, Beetroot would have taught himself particle physics at 3.5 instead of just how to read, right? (I did know a homeschooled 4 year old that spoke Mandarin Chinese and did Calculus and he probably did come from a meat-eating family (they were so un-smug about their kids!)...mind you, he also helped himself to a tiny bit of beer on tap (they had some keg-refrigerator in their warehouse), so maybe it was the microbrew.) ;D

So far my WAPF 'friend' hasn't crossed the line and totally dissed veganism yet. But if she does, she is getting cut (from my f-list).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:59 am 
Semen Strong

so after breaking my laptop cable, and not sleeping well all night, Leela woke up and grabbed by glasses and pulled the arm off. I bought them about 2 months ago. I am just having a shitty day. My other new pair doesn't fit right so I feel blind and vulnerable and upset, bc I just don't want to pay more money and have more aggravation before I can see properly again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:41 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Tofulish wrote:
so after breaking my laptop cable, and not sleeping well all night, Leela woke up and grabbed by glasses and pulled the arm off. I bought them about 2 months ago. I am just having a shitty day. My other new pair doesn't fit right so I feel blind and vulnerable and upset, bc I just don't want to pay more money and have more aggravation before I can see properly again.

Oh no! That really is the worst! My little one did the same, and I was without glasses for a month until we could find the money to replace them. I can't drive or recognize anyone from more than 10 feet away. I hope you're able to get them fixed. Did they come with a warranty? My optician said they'd be replaced if they broke (even from the kids).

Hope your day turns around.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:13 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh my goodness! A month! Yikes!

I was luckier - the glasses were from Costco, so I walked in and said that they had broken. The guy asked me how because they were completely bent and twisted and I said I wasn't sure. And he agreed to replace the frames, because they were bought in February and they had the same one in stock. He just snapped the lenses from the old frame into the new one, so I didn't even have to wait, but warned me that next time I'd have to pay for a new frame. And then he adjusted the other pair so they work right. And gave me contacts just in case, so I am covered!

It was more of a pain because I couldn't drive without them and so Brett had to take the morning off to drive me and and wait with L while I got everything handled. I am really happy we went with Costco and not an online retailer, because I couldn't have managed even the weekend blind!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:06 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Yay! Glad it worked out. I need to order some new contacts and glasses and and and. I hate it when my health and my cheapness collide. (Roth IRA contributiions => always feel broke this time of year. I know, first world problem blah blah blah.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:13 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Tofulish, so glad you got the problem taken care of right away!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:23 pm 
Nooch of Earl

This isn't a @#$%&%! margarita factory. Tortilla chip or nursing, not both simultaneously.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:29 am 
Bathes in Braggs

annak wrote:
This isn't a @#$%&%! margarita factory. Tortilla chip or nursing, not both simultaneously.

Lol! Haha, I've forgotten about toddler nursing!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:01 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Grey has a dry cough, I think it must be allergies or something cause he doesn't seem sick in any other way, no fever, runny nose, still has regular amounts of energy, etc. he is a sneezer all the time anyway, so I'm not limiting him. Ok, so he has been waking up coughing and he just woke up after a 30 minute nap. He has been getting better about putting himself back to sleep, but not this time. Nate is in there and grey is just yelling, "mamamamamamamama". Ugh, heartbreaking for me and Nate and so frustrating. Just sleep.you are so tired.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:40 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Lol...we have that discussion every day. F thinks it's funny though when I say she needs to have a drink or wipe her mouth before nursing. I say something like "I don't want yogurt boobies" and she laughs belly laughs.

She is so freaking weird.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 175  Next