| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 175  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station 2.0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:38 pm 
And you never will.

Peter decided to pick the worst week ever to become completely impossible. My husband is out of town until Saturday, I have two HUGE orders that will take the better part of the next four days, I have no support network, and Peter just will not do anything I ask him to, no matter how minor, without a fight. Even when it's something he loves to do (like go see my dad), it's an epic battle to get him dressed or into the car. The longer everything takes (errands, etc) during the day, the longer I have to stay up at night working. I had a total meltdown after I put him to bed tonight (which he fought with every fiber of his being). I just wish he would work with me 50% of the time - it would make my life so much easier.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:02 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Poopie I've been thinking about you! Have you found anyone to hang out with Peter for a bit?

Ada has all of the sudden decided that biting and throwing things is fun. The last two nights before bed she has been pulling my hair, biting, and taking off my glasses (and my husband's) and throwing them. This morning she started throwing things and biting me when I tried to get her to stop. I can feel her first two year molar coming up so maybe she's just in pain. But still, I don't even know how to get her to stop because she thinks it's all funny.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:35 am 
Nooch of Earl

Ugh. I have to clean the whole house today and of course the toddler is acting like a toddler. So tired of being screamed at, ordered to read books (and then having her walk away or play with toys in the middle of it, but throw a giant forking fit if I stop reading the book), having my shirt clawed off.. Tired of having toys thrown at me. I don't want to play with them, they're for you. Ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:14 am 
Semen Strong

Its my mother's birthday (she died 4.5 years ago)
I have a lung infection which means that I can't breath properly and I'm on abx but my asthma is basically uncontrolled atm
I have to spend at least 20 minutes getting L ready so we can walk the dog and she insists on taking her push tricycle and refuses to be put in her stroller.
Once we get to the park it promptly starts raining.
On the way back L decides she hates the tricycle and starts crying. She then spends the rest of the walk back either being carried then crying and asking to walk, then crying and asking to nurse, then crying and asking to be carried then crying and asking to be on her tricycle, and shivering because she is cold and tired and wet.
I can't manage to push a trike, carry a kid and walk a dog on a leash so I take Cuddles of the leash
A jerk in a truck starts following me and yelling that he is going to call the police because my dog is unleashed. Which, fine he is right, but seriously, I am wrestling a screaming baby in the rain and pushing a trike, so maybe some slack?

And its only 12:15.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:14 pm 
Nooch of Earl

*hugs* Tofulish, that sucks. Just going through the push tricycle stuff is enough to drive me over the edge!! I hope there is a nap for Leela and a nice big glass of wine or mug of hot chocolate or something in your near future.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:30 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Inez now has Very Strong Opinions about what clothes she wears and oh my god I didn't think trying to get out of the house could be any more annoying. I was wrong!

Sorry about your day, Tofulish. I hope Leela naps hard and you get some nice time to yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:48 pm 
Semen Strong

Toddler pathos is the worst! They have no frame of reference so even the most minor disappointment generates the same response as being flayed alive.

Annak, I hope you have a wonderful visit with your sister and that Vi stops using you as target practice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:03 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

big hugs, Tofulish. these days are shitty.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:10 pm 
***LIES!!!***

So sorry, Tofulish. Asthma just sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:20 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Pinko wrote:
Inez now has Very Strong Opinions about what clothes she wears and oh my god I didn't think trying to get out of the house could be any more annoying. I was wrong!

Sorry about your day, Tofulish. I hope Leela naps hard and you get some nice time to yourself.

A couple weeks ago a friend who has a daughter about the same age as Inez shied up to the park in a bikini. We all chuckled and understood the situation a little too well.

This morning I could only convince grey to out his shirt on because it had a train on it. He hates pants, but shorts plus leg warmers are fine. Kids, they are so weird.

Tofulish, so, so sorry. That is the worst. Grey will never go in a stroller and often wants to walk home from the park, but too tired and I have to carry him and push his little car up the hill to our house. Ugh. I cannot imagine trying to wrangle a dog too!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:26 am 
Nailed to the V

Tofulish wrote:
A jerk in a truck starts following me and yelling that he is going to call the police because my dog is unleashed. Which, fine he is right, but seriously, I am wrestling a screaming baby in the rain and pushing a trike, so maybe some slack?

I can't imagine what was going through this guy's head.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:48 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Must.Nightwean.NOW! I seriously can't deal anymore, I don't care if it means the end of our nursing relationship. I just don't understand how to get very little quality sleep + parent an older child + be a semi-intelligent person at a job outside the home. At this point I feel like those articles and people who said I'd "spoil" the baby by bringing her to our bed to nurse when she cries had a damn good point. Holy fork.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:37 am 

Ada just bit my boob. Bit my boob! We were on FaceTime and she was chewing on my sweatshirt and I pulled it away from her. Then she must have thought "ok then, I'm going to chomp down as hard as I can on your boob." I'm not wearing a bra so there wasn't even any barrier. What the heck.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:41 am 

Oh and there are bite marks. This through a t-shirt and sweatshirt.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:22 pm 
And you never will.

A friend of mine really kindly offered to bring her kids over after she got off work tonight to play with Peter so I could get some work done. I was also making an order for her (which ended up taking the entire time they were here, but anyway...)

They got here at around 5:30 and it went well for about 10 minutes. Then it became a total shitstorm. I had the house actually tidied up, and now it's an absolute mess - toys EVERYWHERE. Her kids alternated between fighting with each other, crying because they hurt each other, and whining about wanting a cupcake (what I was baking) or wanting to go home. And now that they're gone, Peter is suddenly very violent and keeps throwing things and hitting me. And I wasn't able to get much done either because the kids kept running through the kitchen. Ugh ugh ugh.

Worst idea ever. I'll just know for next time that it's easier to just do it alone. Now I still have all of my baking to do, plus I have to clean the house (again). And I was so distracted by her kids that I might have forked up the coffeecake I'm baking (mistakes due to distraction was exactly the kind of thing I was trying to avoid).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:35 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

That's sounds awful PB. Sorry that didn't turn out to be helpful.

sashi wrote:
Oh and there are bite marks. This through a t-shirt and sweatshirt.

Ouch!

I can't directly blame this on Babynut, but I wouldn't have slept in my contacts the other night if I hadn't been so tired and afraid to get up in the night...looks like I have a scratch on my cornea from my contact getting too dry. I have to confirm with a real eye doctor tomorrow, but the urgent care doctor thinks this is my problem (painful, bloodshot eye). Ugh. Back to sleeping in my glasses.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:42 pm 
Semen Strong

Ouch Butternut and Sashi! I hope you feel better soon. Butternut, I had a scratched cornea once and it was so distressing. Sending many healing thoughts.

And PB, you are amazing, and I'm sorry that your playdate wasn't helpful. I hope tonight goes well for you and that you can rest well once Mr. P gets back.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:46 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

yeah pb, that would NOT have worked for me either. i'm sure she feels bad though... if she offers again, maybe ask if they can take peter to the park instead.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:56 pm 
And you never will.

Thanks you guys. I totally ruined my coffeecake and I don't have the ingredients to make it again. I'm giving up on baking for tonight (even though I have a huge list of stuff that needs to be made) because I just don't trust myself. My only goal for tonight is to get the kitchen and house cleaned up, and go to bed early. Maybe I'll actually be able to get something made for the bake sale tomorrow :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:58 pm 

Ugh, that stinks that that didn't work out pb.

Butternut, I had a scratched cornea once. Not fun! I was in high school and I remember having to wear a patch for a few days because I was so sensitive to light.

It ends up Ada is in fact teething. The front half of one molar broke through. So I guess that explains the biting and going nutso. I don't remember her being this violent with her other set of molars. Poor little bug.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:05 am 
Nooch of Earl

Oh PB that sucks. I'm sorry your friend didn't take all the kids somewhere!!

Sashi, best of luck getting through this last round of teething! I'm dreading that because I feel like in the past month I've finally gotten sleep worked out pretty well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:35 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Poopie, was your friend groveling for mercy? I'm so sorry about your coffee cake! Is it good enough for you to eat yourself or feed to your husband? (Mr Crabby will eat almost all of my baking failures, although he wasn't fond of the time I was trying to come up with a good skillet cornbread and put in too much baking soda.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:06 pm 
Semen Strong

Poopie, you are my hero. I baked a double batch of cookies with my toddler underfoot and it was just so much harder than when you're on your own. And that was one measly batch of the easiest cookies ever, not the amazing deliciousnesses you put out every day.

I doff my hat to you. Doff it good.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:14 pm 
And you never will.

Thanks again you guys. You seriously have been my only source of sanity this week. I feel like such a mega-whiner, but damn it's been rough - mostly because I had so much more to do this week than I usually do. I am amazed at single parents and those who have to go long stretches without a partner to help (even just a little).

Unfortunately the coffeecake was unsalvageable, but I was able to make another with some changes that turned out okay.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:58 pm 
Married to the wolfman

My kids are mostly super healthy, but I swear, they have this uncanny ability to know when I really want to go to something and they get sick exactly then.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 175  Next