| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 175  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station 2.0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:06 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
Kelly wrote:
So day 4 and he threw an epic tantrum on his soccer coach because he wanted to use the red ball, not the teal one. You know, deathmatch worthy stuff.

I feel sorry for you and the soccer coach, but this totally cracks me up. It sounds like something Raygold could get really woeful about. (Yesterday, he was in tears because he didn't have any clean stripey shirts to wear.)

Haha, yup they definitely have that in common. He did apologize to the coach after I talked to him THREE separate times and she was fine, but whoa. Haven't seen that level tantrum is a long time. He totally should have reserved it for something more worthwhile.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:41 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

sashi wrote:
refinnej wrote:
Oh, Sashi, I'm so sorry. Stuff like that is so scary and infuriating. Is Alice okay?

Jenna, she's normally not too bad and I know this is normal behavior. I think being up like 932 times last night and then waking for the day at 430 a.m. (seriously, what the fizzle is that about) set us both on a bit of a crabby course today. Still, like 90 percent decent day, 10% of the stuff that's going to put me in the home.

Alice was fine after she calmed down. She took a three hour nap after.

I just feel at my wits end with Ada sometimes. I know she is still adjusting to not having all of my attention and I feel really guilty about it but I also can't just ignore Alice. And Andy being away and me not having any help here is not helping matters. Bedtime was just a battle zone because Alice was awake and needed me to hold her so I couldn't lay down with Ada alone. Agh, sorry for all the venting today. I'm just having a really hard time with everything.

so sorry Sashi. You are supermom for doing what you're doing for a few days even! And we still have occasional hitting etc...yesterday D knocked S down and then laughed when Howard yelled at her about it. She is normally so, so solicitous of Sierra's well-being but sometimes some kinda big sister brattiness kicks in and it makes us crazy. You'll make it til Andy comes home though, I promise!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:54 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Thanks, Beet, for putting an unpeeled banana in my drink, right after I told you not to.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:56 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Swizzle stick! :p

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:34 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Raygold just gad the most epic meltdown. I call these "Put the forking lotion in the basket!" meltdowns. I don't know why, since that guy was fairly calm when he said that, but whatever. Raygold was all, "put the forking lotion in the basket!" on me.

Also, the number of times Beetroot told me I was bad for vacuuming up the hello Kitty from his dollhouse when it turns out somebody shoved it in the crack between the window and the floor. There are some connect four pieces in there, too, but I couldn't get them out. Hello Kitty is rescued, though. And Raygold shoved a ton of books between the wardrobe and the wall, including a really nice mathematics reference my friend got us when she found out we were homeschooling. The wardrobe is attached to the wall. I can't get most of the books out.

I was sewing patches on the knees of their jeans when the book-thing went down. Raygold said he was putting books on his shelf and I thought that's what he was doing. Then he opened the door to the wardrobe even further and I saw that there were no books on the shelf.

I will have to cut the cardboard backing of the wardrobe open to get the rest of the books out and then duct tape it shut and paint over it or something. The landlords weren't even mad when we showed them the two melted spots that the kids made with the iron on the designer carpet, so they won't be mad about this (they are really, really cool people -- we only met them once and usually deal with through the letting agency, but they came to visit last summer -- also, they have really awesome kids), but I hate to deface their stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:05 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Conversation just had at the food coop:

Cashier: "Hi." (looks at my stomach) "And hi to you!!"
Me:(ignoring what she said and trying not to burst out crying)
Cashier: (rings up one of those fruit veggie pouches) "You have an older kid?"
Me: "I have two kids. A two year old and a newborn."
Cashier: "Oh I should have known that's a postpartum belly. I'm a midwife. I told my daughter not to go out in the first week."
Me: "Actually, the baby is almost three months old."

Seriously? What is wrong with people???

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:11 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Jesus Christ, sashi! What IS wrong with people?! Ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:44 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

jeez sashi, what the fork! Also, as someone who just saw you in person, you don't look pregnant at all...not that commenting either way is ok, of course. And nice comment for a freakin' midwife to make too - "don't go out dear, you still look pregnant!" hmmph.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:04 pm 

Audrey wrote:
jeez sashi, what the fork! Also, as someone who just saw you in person, you don't look pregnant at all...not that commenting either way is ok, of course. And nice comment for a freakin' midwife to make too - "don't go out dear, you still look pregnant!" hmmph.

Yes. You look great! Obviously that woman has issues.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:05 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Audrey wrote:
And nice comment for a freakin' midwife to make too - "don't go out dear, you still look pregnant!" hmmph.

Oh honey, you better go back in the house. Someone might know you actually gave birth to that baby you're toting around!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:14 pm 
Huffs Nooch

sashi wrote:
Cashier: "Oh I should have known that's a postpartum belly. I'm a midwife. I told my daughter not to go out in the first week."

So many questions; What the actual fork? Why would she say that? What is wrong with having a postpartum belly? Why should anybody be ashamed of their bodies and hide? UGH!!
So sorry, Sashi.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:37 pm 
Semen Strong

Audrey wrote:
jeez sashi, what the fork! Also, as someone who just saw you in person, you don't look pregnant at all...not that commenting either way is ok, of course.

Seriously! You look gorgeous! Some people are idiots, and its always the idiots who seem to talk the most.

Also, at least you can be grateful she wasn't your midwife because she sounds horrible. No one should make personal comments about you or your body, definitely not a medical services provider.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:04 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Double facepalm.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:15 pm 

Oh, I'm sorry that she was such a twit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:35 pm 

coldandsleepy wrote:
Audrey wrote:
And nice comment for a freakin' midwife to make too - "don't go out dear, you still look pregnant!" hmmph.

Oh honey, you better go back in the house. Someone might know you actually gave birth to that baby you're toting around!
Ha!

Yeah, the whole conversation was baffling. I mean, even if I were pregnant, who greets a belly like that to someone you have never talked to? And then when she said she was a midwife I was just flabbergasted. Just for the record, I totally look a few months pregnant and Alice wasn't with me. I really need to get on my diastasis recti exercises...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:49 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

"Crabby, I think baby Vax likes to eat peanuts!" = not how I needed today to start. I picked 2 halves of a peanut out of Vax's mouth. One of those halves had a bit missing from it, like 1/8th of a peanut is MIA. Vax seems fine and is nursing and we have no nut allergies or anything, but I'm so paranoid. I have been drilling the "do not feed the baby"-thing since before he was born!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:12 am 

Holy cow, that would freak me out too! Glad he is okay.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:46 am 

Yikes! I'm glad he's ok.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:10 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Somebody tell my kids to stop poking, prodding, and hugging Baby Vax while he is asleep. It's cute that they love him, but stop waking him up!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:06 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

My 16 year old, in what is a good effort done poorly, started saving all her teabags for both reuse (eww) and composting (yea!). But she leaves them on the counter. And I have asked her three times to stick them in a cup or a jar.

It is a little thing, but one of those little things that makes me so frustrated.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:34 am 
***LIES!!!***

Ha! I totally save my teabags (for re-use, composting is still a dream), but we have a million tiny little prep bowls that I use for the purpose. Do you remember the Sex and the City episode when Charlotte's husband had the same teabag problem?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:48 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

For me the eww is that she has left them for days... not just a couple of hours.
And I make my own blends of tea... so there is really loads of strainers and the like around.

Why don't they tell you that kids are just gross... all the way up until they leave the house?

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

4th day of pre-K and some kid bit Silas on the leg. The boy told Silas he had to get off the play structure and Silas didn't get off so the boy bit him. The teachers present said it was entirely unprovoked. The directors were adamant that they don't tolerate violence at all and very apologetic, but then I overheard the mom of the biter laughing and telling another mom "Yup, he's got a record already! First of many, I'm sure!".

Silas is fine, but I am absolutely disgusted.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:03 pm 
Semen Strong

That is horrible! I hope Silas is okay and that the biter is dealt with, but the mother's reaction is unfathomable to me. Leela seems to be growing out of her hitting stage, but while we were in it, I was mortified by it and we would always insist on apologies and making amends etc. I cannot even imagine being so cavalier and then joking that my kid was going to grow up to have a record. I am disgusted just reading this!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:44 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thanks tofulish. He's okay physically, just a huge mark that will be a bruise, didn't cry when it happened, but did when they told me about it. His feelings were more hurt than anything. He just can't fathom why a kid would hurt him. It's heartbreaking.

I can't grasp the mother's reaction either. I did see her looking apologetic the director when she told her about it, but then this was afterwards, outside. I will tell you, I was seeing stars and it was all I could do to walk away. I'm DEFINITELY making sure both directors know that she said that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 175  Next