| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161 ... 172  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station 2.0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:33 pm 
Semen Strong

So my nausea and exhaustion is all day, everyday and I don't remember it kicking my asparagus so hard last few times. I should be at 7 weeks and I just read that it generally improves at 14 weeks. I hope that I don't lose this pregnancy and can find a way to manage this feeling!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:39 pm 
Nooch of Earl

*hug* Good luck getting through it, Tlish! I wish I had advice other than "2 year olds love watching Toy Story, repeatedly, and there are three of them AND short films!"

But that's the best I can do. Take it easy...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:51 pm 
Semen Strong

She watched 4 hours of Peppa Pig today, while I napped. Seriously, I nap more than my 2 year old.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:18 am 
Nailed to the V

Who decided it's ok to sell toys that you need tools to get out of the packaging? I'm going to have to go and buy a screwdriver (ours are all too big) before R can play with the excavator he got for Christmas. He got two cars that were also screwed to the box, but they got unscrewed before we went home. Is this normal?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:32 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

im so forking irritated right now. we are *STILL* dealing with the hearing test issue from when BP was born and they held us hostage in the hospital.

brief recap, in the state of MA it's law that all newborns do a state mandated hearing screening. because BP was 5 lbs at birth the hospitals headphones did not fit on her properly to do the screening and one ear failed. you only get 2 tries and then you are a flunky so too bad for us.

they basically held us hostage in the hospital over it after i had been there for a week and wouldnt dishcarge her until we raised holy hell which is SOOOOO unlike both me and my husband (when you fail the hearing test it can be a sign of some virus and they wanted to get a urine sample which kept failing miserably) we almost had to leave against medical advice over it.

we had to do a follow up screening with an audiologist 6 weeks later which was TOTALLY FINE with us. (btw her hearing is perfect)

again its the LAW in MA i even had the dept of health calling me about it to make sure it was getting done.

so then we get a $175 bill in the mail for it.
AHHHHH!!!

so finally my husband contacted our insurance because we didnt think we had to pay it because she has looooong since hit her deductible with her heart issues and they are saying that hearing screenings are seperate from the deductible and we owe 30% which is the $175.

AHHHH I HATE THE HEALTH CARE IN THIS STUPID COUNTRY.

now granted i understand $175 isnt the astronomical bills that some people get slapped with but we really cant afford ANOHTER medical bill for this child and WE HAD TO DO IT IT WAS NOT OUR CHOICE> AHHHHHHH

im going to appeal it but i dont know.

im not paying it damn it they can come knock on my door to collect it.
FIGHT THE MAN!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:33 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

amonik wrote:
Who decided it's ok to sell toys that you need tools to get out of the packaging? I'm going to have to go and buy a screwdriver (ours are all too big) before R can play with the excavator he got for Christmas. He got two cars that were also screwed to the box, but they got unscrewed before we went home. Is this normal?

ive noticed this too. i think it used to be plastic ties you had to cut. not sure why everything is screwed in now.
i have a small handy dandy screw driver i got for free from some place that i always use.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:02 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

My child has decided he loves superheroes, particulary spiderman and batman. He picked it up at school, and then visiting teenage cousins at thanksgiving sealed it. All day long we have to pretend I'm the bad guy and he catches me in a web, or with his stupid batarang. He's discovered the superhero section at the library, so now we get to read (and read, and read) fine literature like Spider-Man vs. The Scorpion. I was hoping he'd decide it was too scary but he looooooves it.

When he was into contruction, that was cool. Fire trucks, great. Even Thomas trains I could get into. But comic books superheroes are just so... tedious and ugly, and I hate all the fighting. I know this is all really typical boy stuff, so I'm trying not to shame it, but UGH. Why can't my child just like all the things I like?!*

*kidding

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:13 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

If three year old fits and tantrums are worse than how Ada has been the last few days I might go insane. The screaming. The indecisiveness ("Can you take my sweater off?" Go to unbutton sweater. "No!!!! I don't want my sweater off!" Two seconds later. "I don't want my sweater!!!!"). The throwing things. The screaming.
I know one thing that is bothering her is that Alice now wants her toys. So there was a giant meltdown last night that included hitting and biting and breaking a glass. Nothing was calming her down so my husband finally had the genius idea to ask her if she wanted some time alone in her room to be by herself. She actually stayed in her room, screamed, threw two things out of her room and closed the door, screamed some more and then asked for him to come in. Then she told him she was sad that Alice was playing with her trains. That was like four hours earlier? But it took her all of this screaming alone in her room to find the words to say to us what was wrong. I can't imagine what it's like for her all day when she can't figure out how to communicate what is bothering her. But holy crepe.

Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:37 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

My dad has got Henry obsessed with the movie Dumbo and it's driving me bananas on many many levels.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:51 am 
ol' garly cooch

Blasto makes this death metal voice when he doesn't get his way. Well, it's a combo of manowar meets a roaring lion. It's irritating.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:03 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I have to say, that sound freaking hilarious. :p

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:22 pm 
Semen Strong

I guess maybe L is in the middle of a growth spurt or something, but she is just nursing all the time at night. Which means that on top of being tired all day, I don't really get a very restful night.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:38 am 
ol' garly cooch

refinnej wrote:
I have to say, that sound freaking hilarious. :p

Oh but it's not. I remember when Fini did that high pitch dolphin squeal that made my hair fall out.

Right now, I'm struggling with them bickering and arguing with one another. All. The. Time. They're really into telling on each other.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:31 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I just bought (and got halfway through) a bottle of wine I was sure was vegan (I remember drinking it in the past) but I can't find it on the Tesco vegan list. Or any of the old list I have either :-(

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:16 am 
Semen Strong

Leela can now open the child safety gates to our stairs, if only the top lock clicks shut. I discovered this because she wanted to go upstairs, and I went to get a glass of water, came back and couldn't see her. The gate was closed, so I went to find her, and then heard her cry. She'd made it all the way up the steep stairs, and had fallen on the stair, which is right off our landing. If she'd slipped on an earlier stair, she would have fallen down the whole flight of stairs.

She tried to do it the next day as well, when B stopped her. Oh funtimes!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:52 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Stairs are a daily adventure in our house. Whew. Glad L is okay!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:59 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Glad Leela is okay and glad it took her so long to figure out. We have been relying on the fact that Malka is really good at stairs for a long time now. The closed gate is usually enough to get her to remember she isn't supposed to go down the stairs, though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:03 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

jewbacca wrote:
Blasto makes this death metal voice when he doesn't get his way. Well, it's a combo of manowar meets a roaring lion. It's irritating.

Elliot has that same voice. He often uses it while scolding us standing in a sumo wrestler stance.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:37 am 
Semen Strong

After 6 weeks of staying home with one sickness after another and just being exhausted, I had a friend drop by for a playdate. Within 10 minutes, her daughter's nose is just running like a faucet, and a thick stream of clear snot is going down her face. And at that point, I didn't want to be an asparagus and just tell her to go home, plus they'd already been hugging and kissing on one another. Her mom first said "Oh she was fine at home" and then "oh look, but its not yellow, so its fine."

So now, 2 days later, L has a runny nose and diarrhea.

I am starting to feel like I just can't have certain people in my life any more, but I really don't know enough people where I could afford to lose a nice mom-friend. Why in the everloving fork do people bring sick kids to playdates?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:18 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Tofulish wrote:
Why in the everloving fork do people bring sick kids to playdates?

They all send them to school sick too! We've had a nonstop stream of colds/flu in our house since preschool started. Silas gets a super mild version, Matt gets a sick, Shae gets tired for a day and then back to normal, but I get a month of misery out of each batch of germs. It's annoying. People keep saying "If we keep them home when they're a little sick, they'll always be home!" and I want to shake them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:03 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Kelly wrote:
Tofulish wrote:
Why in the everloving fork do people bring sick kids to playdates?

They all send them to school sick too! We've had a nonstop stream of colds/flu in our house since preschool started. Silas gets a super mild version, Matt gets a sick, Shae gets tired for a day and then back to normal, but I get a month of misery out of each batch of germs. It's annoying. People keep saying "If we keep them home when they're a little sick, they'll always be home!" and I want to shake them.

Do they still encourage perfect attendance? I went to school ill a few times in high school and middle school because I really wanted perfect attendance. In retrospect, I can't believe I did that!
I know I always say this, but a big reason I don't go to the toddler playgroup is because we would all get sick every single time we went because someone always brought a sick kid.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:54 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

No, they don't. I remember that too though! And especially in preschool, they encourage you to keep your kids home at any sign of sickness, yet no one adheres to it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:01 am 
Semen Strong

I am really sorry Kelly, that sounds so frustrating!

I think most people don't get that someone who is immunocompromised is impacted by illness in a completely different way than someone who is completely healthy. Even just having asthma means that what would be a quick cold for another person can easily turn into a three week bout of bronchitis for me. I am so sorry that you're having a rough time with all the germies!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:48 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Sorry you are going through it too! It's a real bummer when we trust people that we like to just be decent and then they aren't.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:26 pm 
Married to the wolfman

It worked out that I had time to stay with the kids to have an extended visit with my husband's parents this month while solipsistnation went home and back to work. Mostly it's been really nice, but neither kid is sleeping well and I'm reaching the end of my rope with being the only parent on deck. Last night I started trying to put M to bed at 7:30 and he finally went to sleep at 10 after hours of fighting it, hitting and clawing me, screaming, etc. Then E woke up at 5 a.m. and got into bed with me and poked me and talked to me and harassed me awake. At six M still totally asleep peed so much his diaper leaked all over me and I had to get everyone up. E is really acting out today too (probably because he is exhausted) and I am so over it.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161 ... 172  Next