| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170 ... 177  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:26 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Oh dear! Sending you vibes of strength and healing, sashi.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:35 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ugh im sorry sashi. ive been sick all week but at least its the non-vomiting kind :-(

hope everyone feels better soon and you dont get it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:56 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

That sucks Sashi! We all had the stomach flu in december. First Reno then the second night it Miles and Peter got it within hours of each other and I had it 2 days after them. I did everything in my power not to get it. I didn't even sleep in the same bed as my husband. Its a hard thing to avoid. It was also one of the worst sicknesses I've ever had. I truly hope you don't get it!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:36 pm 
Chip Strong

Thanks everyone.

Alice didn't puke all day but definitely didn't feel good. Andy got it (and still has it) really bad. Like in the bathroom the entire night and fever all day. He was only this sick once before. Ugh. I'm not sure what we will do if I get it since Alice still nurses so much. Washer person is coming on Wednesday. I just want to keep washing and sanitizing stuff but I can't. I feel like I'm doomed to get it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:48 pm 

Sorry sashi!

Babynut and my partner had it last week. So far I seem to have escaped it so maybe you will too. Don't give up hope! Sick babies and husbands are the worst!

Also, if you do get it, you can still nurse through it. I had the worst stomach bug when babynut was about 4 months old and I nursed her through the whole episode. Thankfully she slept through the worst of the first night, but after that I was okay to have her in bed with me. Can't say it's my favorite memory, but we survived.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:07 am 
Semen Strong

Oh I am so sorry to hear that Ada, Andy and Alice are all ill! I hope you manage to avoid the worst and that everyone feels better soon!

I saw this article about "Can We Take The Holidays Down A Notch?" and thought about Aubade's dilemma. It is kind of hilarious that non-holidays like Valentine's Day, Pi Day, St Patricks Day or Dr Seuss' Birthday become this giant sugar-filled treat celebration day.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristen-h ... 03040.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:52 am 

"Ada, Andy and Alice" sounds like a title of a children's book series. You know "Ada, Andy and Alice go to the dentist", "Ada, Andy and Alice at the beach"...etc.

(there was not much sleeping in our house the past few nights...perhaps this is a lot funnier in my own head) :p

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:20 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

boring story even more boring: sweet christ I cannot believe the sleeping difficulties we are having here with Sierra. She wants to stay up, even by herself in a pitch-black apartment, until all hours and I am seriously at my wit's end with trying to contain her, trying to get an hour to myself at the end of the day without her popping up. I just don't understand what the fork is suddenly going on that she will not accept sleeping in her crib (only at night! she naps happily there in the day!) and lately, even if I relent and put her to sleep in our big bed, she will not stay put. I cannot deal AT ALL.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:25 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Audrey, is it possible she is napping too much? I noticed when my kid was impossible to put to bed it helped to cut down on sleep during the day (from a 1½ hour nap to 45 minutes).

Edited to add: we still have to wrestle him to sleep some nights though... Like last night, he was overtired and screamed half way through the bedtime story.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:05 am 

yeah I wonder about that too...we're trying to only let her sleep for an hour at nap. Unbelievable though, we decided we wanted a relaxing Sunday evening so we tried to skip her nap and as her usual time passed she tried to climb INTO her crib. We ended up letting her sleep for a while but it didn't seem to make too much of a difference.
Lately when my partner leaves for night work I've been putting Dahlia to bed and then going around turning off all lights etc and acting like it's my bedtime too - only then will Sierra lay down with me and not run away. She'll usually fall asleep in like 15 minutes and then I can escape - but the last 2 nights she's woken up 2 hours later and come running out to the living room where I was guiltily watching TV. Trying to tell myself this will pass but I don't wanna have to always be home for bedtime and I feel like we're getting further and further away from freedom with this setback.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:50 am 

yet another school vent: when they did a segment about bodies a while back there was apparently a lot of talk about how if you don't exercise you'll get fat. D has mentioned this a bunch of times with the obvious correlation that fat=bad, and I just don't know what to do other than try to talk about how people come in all different shapes and sizes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:52 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Audrey wrote:
yet another school vent: when they did a segment about bodies a while back there was apparently a lot of talk about how if you don't exercise you'll get fat. D has mentioned this a bunch of times with the obvious correlation that fat=bad, and I just don't know what to do other than try to talk about how people come in all different shapes and sizes.

ACK! Way to instill body shame early on, preschool!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:38 pm 
Semen Strong

Its so true! Even at the pediatrician's, L is basically a weeping, whining mess and doesn't perform any of the tests they are supposed to evaluate her for, they just take my word for it that at home she can speak a ton of words, not just "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:00 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Kid, I love you, but you gotta stop sneaking wood chips into the house. Also, you have a box to keep all your weird little kid bits and bobs in, and that's great-- but you need to stop trying to annex the three adjacent shelves on the bookshelf for said stuff when the box is nowhere near full. You are driving me insane and there are wood chips and glitter everywhere.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:30 am 
Nooch of Earl

I had forgotten how brutal the US->Europe time difference can be, and having a toddler does not make that easier. Urgh.

(really, it's amazing. Go the other way? No problem. Go to Asia and back? No problem. Across the US? Not an issue. US->Europe? Horrible with no signs of improvement.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:05 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Lysander is a tantrumy mess at the moment, and deliberately doing stuff to wind me up. It's hard being stuck alone with him because it gets into this vicious cycle of he acts out, I get angry, he acts out even more when he sees I'm angry... and then I send him to his room so that I can calm down. I don't understand why he's being like this at the moment. He shouldn't be too tired or anything. It might be an attention thing because I try to get some uni work done on and off throughout the day, but he's not usually anywhere near this bad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:19 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Quail wrote:
Lysander is a tantrumy mess at the moment, and deliberately doing stuff to wind me up. It's hard being stuck alone with him because it gets into this vicious cycle of he acts out, I get angry, he acts out even more when he sees I'm angry... and then I send him to his room so that I can calm down. I don't understand why he's being like this at the moment. He shouldn't be too tired or anything. It might be an attention thing because I try to get some uni work done on and off throughout the day, but he's not usually anywhere near this bad.

It's always the hardest when you're trying to get any work done or sit down for a well deserved break. I think kids have an antenna for that to not let you have more than one consecutive minute in a row. Doing any work whilst looking after small children will always be very challenging.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:39 pm 

Please NO not another stomach virus. Ahhh. Sierra has had 2 total poop blowouts today, which never happens, and Dahlia has some intestinal distress too. And of course this was the morning they chowed on some cider doughnuts their papa brought home from work - bad bad timing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:02 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

At work today, someone was complaining about how unfair it is that a colleague who is nursing gets to take her breaks whenever she wants and this person has to work around that schedule. Like I do get it. Lunch breaks are an hour long, and if you're hungry, it sucks to have to wait an extra hour, because someone else is on break. And I get how it could seem unfair that the other person ALWAYS gets priority. But at the same time, the baby needs to eat and engorgement sucks, and the person who needs to eat 3k cals a day probably needs food right away. Hearing complaints like that really bothers me. Plus I worry about what will happen when I start having to pump at work.

I heard from someone else (not from my work) that during her evaluation at work, her boss mentioned that the other employees don't find it fair that she gets to take breaks to pump, and that they view them as being the same as "smoke breaks." People suck.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:58 am 

Omg, 'cuz smoking and breastfeeding are totally the same thing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:25 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

SO my kid is finally wearing underwear (hooray!) but he is having lots of accidents. Today he took a HUGE poo in his undies. My husband changed him and managed to get some poo on a cushion cover for our dining room chair. I told him it was washable so throw it in the washer. I walk into the laundry room to make sure he put the cushion on delicate/cold, and see a washer full of brown poopy water with turds floating in it. He put it in there on heavy duty, hot water, WITH THE UNDERWEAR FULL OF POO.

Is it just me, or would only a complete idiot put underwear full of turds in the washer? I mean, I just can't understand how he would not know enough to dump the poo in the toilet first? I mean sure, soiled undies with the remaining smear on it, ok that a washer can handle. But entire turds???? Am I going crazy or is it abnormal to think that is OK?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:22 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I'm sorry aubade but you made me laugh. I completely agree with you that that is not okay, but I could totally see my partner doing the same thing. He has some sort of laundry disability. The inside of our dryer is red because he tossed in a crayon that was mixed into the laundry bin because he "assumed it would just dissolve."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:12 pm 

Aubade wrote:
SO my kid is finally wearing underwear (hooray!) but he is having lots of accidents. Today he took a HUGE poo in his undies. My husband changed him and managed to get some poo on a cushion cover for our dining room chair. I told him it was washable so throw it in the washer. I walk into the laundry room to make sure he put the cushion on delicate/cold, and see a washer full of brown poopy water with turds floating in it. He put it in there on heavy duty, hot water, WITH THE UNDERWEAR FULL OF POO.

Is it just me, or would only a complete idiot put underwear full of turds in the washer? I mean, I just can't understand how he would not know enough to dump the poo in the toilet first? I mean sure, soiled undies with the remaining smear on it, ok that a washer can handle. But entire turds???? Am I going crazy or is it abnormal to think that is OK?

I agree with you aubade! I hope he can laugh about it later.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:48 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I could see my partner doing that too...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:03 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Aubade wrote:

Oh gosh I know it's terrible but this had me in stitches. When Lysander was younger there were a couple of times pooey underwear somehow slipped through the net and we ended up with a bit of poo in the washer, which was pretty gross, but I can't imagine anyone not realising they should put the poo in the toilet first! I would dump the poo in the toilet and then pre-rinse the pants in a bucket or something. Did he expect it to like... dissolve?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170 ... 177  Next