| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173 ... 178  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:08 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'll be the first to admit that I've been blessed with very little illness for babynut since birth, but two weeks ago she got THE worst cold and fever. Of course I got it too and I am just now recovering. Once she got better, she immediately got diarrhea and was lethargic. My husband now has that. Today, she is suddenly over the diarrhea and now has the opposite problem: constipation! She is in living fear of a poop and has been trying to hold it in. Each time she goes to the bathroom is like a therapy session. I can't wait till we all get back to normal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:51 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Butternut wrote:
Each time she goes to the bathroom is like a therapy session.

This cracked me up.

Audrey-- yeah, the size comments are so awkward and rude. Usually I just say, "yup, she's a little one" and try to move on. I actually have a close friend whose 22 month old baby does in fact have skeletal dysplasia, a type of dwarfism, basically. I know she really struggles with how to respond to people who make idle comments like that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:49 am 
Nooch of Earl

We're in sick bay over here now.. I think V must've picked something up at the park or while in childcare for an event we went to this weekend. Lots of Nick Jr today. I'm hoping it passes before her tumbling class on Thursday because she had such a great time last week.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:29 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
I am really jealous of you guys who can have coffee and stuff and not sleep. I could have a cup of coffee right before bed (one of my grandfathers used to do that, actually) and sleep fine, except I'd have to pee all night.

Also, I know I shouldn't complain because I have 3 kids and this is the first time I've had a sick baby, but OH MY GOODNESS make the mucus stop! Vax is a friggin' fountain of green mucus, I spend more time wiping his nose during the day than anything else. He hates having his nose wiped. Other than the green bubbling snot fountain, he is fine and super cheery, though.

We had to cancel our date (Vax and I go out for coffee every Saturday morning) last week and it looks like this week will be the same because the mucus is getting worse and not better. I'm in lock-down until the green Niagara Falls ends!!

You can probably sleep because you're exhausted. I can't blame you with 3 kids, some of them with mucus.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:47 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I don't want to keep bisqueing in the pregnancy updates thread, since it's a more upbeat one, so I'll do it here.

My doc appointments keep getting worse. I'm only 7 months, but had two appointments this week and there's no improvement. I had low fluid 3 days ago and the hope was that if I drank a lot, that would improve. It didn't. Plus, the baby went from the 40th percentile to the 22nd (40th percentile 8 weeks ago). I now have to see a high risk doctor in addition to my current one. Luckily, the baby rocked the nonstress test and hopefully will again next week (they had to cancel someone else's appointment to fit me in since it was urgent, blech. Nice of them and all, but that scares me).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:35 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Sending you good vibes! I really like my high risk OB. The appointments are really long and leisurely. I get to sit and ask as many questions as I want.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:01 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Full time parenting + urgently due uni assignments = nightmarish day.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:22 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

bastah wrote:
I don't want to keep bisqueing in the pregnancy updates thread, since it's a more upbeat one, so I'll do it here.

My doc appointments keep getting worse. I'm only 7 months, but had two appointments this week and there's no improvement. I had low fluid 3 days ago and the hope was that if I drank a lot, that would improve. It didn't. Plus, the baby went from the 40th percentile to the 22nd (40th percentile 8 weeks ago). I now have to see a high risk doctor in addition to my current one. Luckily, the baby rocked the nonstress test and hopefully will again next week (they had to cancel someone else's appointment to fit me in since it was urgent, blech. Nice of them and all, but that scares me).

My SIL loved her high risk dr - she felt she got much more time and more information from them and mostly the information was that what the regular OB was freaked about was no biggie - so I hope that turns out to be the case for you - I hope you can get in with them soon so they can make sure your little bean is doing well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:08 am 
Nooch of Earl

Yeah, I got referred to a perinatologist briefly when the midwives weren't sure how to interpret something, and though I was quickly bounced back into low risk, I thought he was great.

I saw one of the two hospital OBs, where I assume I'll probably give birth because there's not a whole lot of time to make other arrangements at this point (and I have no home or car). He seems like a reasonable person. It'll probably work fine, though I think I might have to roll in fully dilated to avoid any stupidity. They seem pretty non-interventionist, though.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:07 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Holy crepe (literally) we were in Buffalo all weekend with my husbands family for a graduation and unimpressed baby didn't feel good and was cranky all weekend. It was rather stressful. Between teething and a stomach bug she was just bleh all weekend and even mega puked all over me twice (one time all over the hotel room bed too...yay!)

Yesterday on our way back from Niagara Falls to my in laws house outside Syracuse we had two poop explosions (one of which was like epically ginormous) and a pee blowout. Today were on our way home to MA and she had another big poop explosion.

I hope she feels better now that she's cleansed her colon!!!!

I have a bag of poop covered clothes in the back of me car. YUCK!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:55 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

My husband has been gone visiting his family (who refuse to come visit us - separate rant) since the 4th. He was supposed to get home this afternoon but texted me at 5:30 this morning saying his flight was cancelled and he can't get another until Thursday. Argh. This shouldn't be a big deal - other people do this all the time and for much longer than twelve days. But having the finish line moved like this is kind of doing my head in today. It's more mental than anything. The girls have been great but just knowing there are no breaks in sight from the time they're up until the time the go to sleep is... tiring. Two more days! We can do it!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:50 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Pinko, that sounds so hard! And frustrating! I've only done the solo-parent-of-two thing for a few days at a time and I found it so emotionally draining. Hope the last two days go quickly!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:10 pm 

Have a real battle every night to get my son to eat his tea. It is doing my head in. Also because he was tired and hungry he had a huuuuge meltdown while I was cooking because he lost a couple of pieces of lego (which were actually just on the floor and he hadn't bothered looking for them). Aaaargh.

Totally understand what it's like not having a break from your kids. I start to go a bit weird when I have nobody but my son to talk to and nobody to help me look after him. Do you have anyone you could call if you're feeling particularly drained?

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:02 pm 
Chip Strong

When I picked up Ada from school her teacher told me that there was some miscommunication about birthday celebrations and one of the kids had one today that wasn't supposed to. So she gave Ada someone else's gluten free cookies so that she wouldn't feel left out. We actually had a cupcake in Ada's bag because it was supposed to be another kid's birthday but it got switched and the teacher told my husband that it wasn't needed today. So I'm pretty mad. I mean, there's not much I can do about it at this point but she should have called me before doing that right? Plus, at that point I don't see how giving her the gluten free cookie was any different than giving her the treat that was brought in for the celebration since they both had eggs and cow's milk. Ugh. I'm just hoping her belly will be ok later.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:46 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

the old gluten free=vegan myth rears its ugly head again :-(

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:20 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

That is so not okay! Would she have done that if you had a religious restriction or allergy?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:55 am 

This isn't really venting, but you know you have a small child when you're drowning out the sound of sonic the hedgehog by blaring the bloody frozen soundtrack through headphones.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:56 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Quail wrote:
This isn't really venting, but you know you have a small child when you're drowning out the sound of sonic the hedgehog by blaring the bloody frozen soundtrack through headphones.

I would like to warn you... this does not go away. If I have to listen to Hetalia again, I may loss it.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:11 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Promoting something resembling discipline can be so trying. We were at Target, and oldest kiddo asked to buy a new ball. I said sure. She picked out the one she wanted, and immediately threw it down the aisle. I told her to not throw the ball in the store and that we could throw it around when we got home. She picked the ball up, then threw it again, so I said that the ball was going back to the shelf if she threw it again. What did she do? She immediately threw it again. So I put the ball back on the shelf. Huge tantrum ensued. Her screaming upset the twins, so then the twins started crying too. I did get the twins to calm down at least, but oldest kid screamed the whole way out of the store.

I'm pretty sure I convinced everyone within earshot to never have any (more) children.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:38 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Oh my God giving these freaking antibiotics are going to be the death of us. 7.5 days left. I'm not sure that anything has made Malka this upset ever.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:20 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

BEET HAS THE CHICKEN POX!!! UGH!!!!! I noticed some girl 2 weeks ago at their playgroup had crusty spots all over, but by the time I noticed, the playgroup was almost finished. UGH. Now Raygold and Vax are going to get them, too! I wanted to get the kids vaccinated, but couldn't find anywhere that would do it. Why would you bring your sick kid to a forking playgroup?!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:25 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Oh Crabby, I'm so sorry! We had it last month! But aside from the first couple feverish days it wasn't so bad--I actually think the worst part was not being able to go anywhere or play with anybody.

Hope your boys all get through it quickly.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:34 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yeah, other than being itchy, Beety seems fine and he didn't even realise there was anything wrong with him! Vax and I are more bothered by our colds.
But, yeah, we'll be under quarantine! Percy and I will miss out on our weekly coffee dates for a few weeks. And we have a little 4-day holiday coming up that the kids and I will probably have to miss. (First world problems, I know!)

There is a cute 9-year-old girl who lives in the house behind ours and will come over and play with the boys any time they are outside -- they LOVE her. Mr Crabby is going to talk to her father and make sure they know the boys have the pox in case she or her brother haven't had them yet.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:25 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Pregnancy hormones and cervix dilating stabbies are leaving me with no patience.

So it's really not great that V has been throwing fits over minor stuff and yelling and crawling all over me and kicking me all day. Siiiiigh.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:58 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Not to be ungrateful, but eleven presents from one relative is too damn many.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173 ... 178  Next