| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:22 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

annak wrote:
My mother-in-law has stopped using my name, but refers to me as "mommy." Like, not when she's talking to my daughter, but she'll come down and say "hello mommy! how are you doing?" I have a NAME.

Oh, this is the worst. And people really seem to do it a lot when you have a newborn. Blech.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:27 am 
And you never will.

Don't you know? Your individual identity is no longer relevant. Your entire purpose in life is to serve the tiny people you have birthed. You are only mommy now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:45 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Heh, even my own kids don't call me mommy! (Not on purpose, they just started calling me by my first name.) It is really weird when someone else does. Even when someone else is referring to me as mommy to my kids it seems weird to me. But if they were just talking to me, that would be really weird, unless maybe if they were really, *really* excited about me having a kid.

poopiebitch wrote:
Don't you know? Your individual identity is no longer relevant. Your entire purpose in life is to serve the tiny people you have birthed. You are only mommy now.

There is no annak, only Zuul mommy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:31 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

O, annak, noooooooooo.

I'm sure she thinks she's being cute and supportive, but much like when my mom sends me cards addressed to Mrs. Sweetheart'sLastName (not a Mrs., not a Sweetheart'sLastName) it's actually weird and identity hijacking.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:27 am 
Nooch of Earl

Toddler waking the baby up for the most inane things. Like to point out that she has a nose. Yes, I have birthed a child with a nose; it must be poked, prodded, and the fact shouted from the rooftops!

I know she's 2, and I can hardly expect much different, but… but...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:41 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

The almost 2 year old screams whenever baby cries, which in turn makes baby cry more, when in turn makes toddler scream more...I am living a nightmare in surround sound at the moment. It does not help that Mr. Sebastian has an "irritable demeanor" as my pediatrician pointed out so kindly. (The le leche leader said "he has a lot of personality" which I think that was code for "irritable demeanor")

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:19 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Omg annasrobbie, I cant believe the foisting upon by your pediatrician of his labels for your son at this young of an age! Also sorry to hear about all the crying going it. It will cease! 5 weeks ago , my own son was born and me with partially plugged ears for at leat the first 10 days due to a cold. I found not hearibg well annoying but lookibg back believe it was not coincidence.... my little one's lungs....really work.. as well haha! Anyway didnt know where to post this but I came here to say, this just happened today....I was walkibg together with a woman I had some inquiries for and we walked past a dude who said hi to her. As she was alking me out he came in again to see her, walkibg past me as I picked up my son in his car carrier. He leaaned in to look and goes " oohh that a cute bebee!! I don't wanna have one , though". .. w the actual f, sez I ! Well, I didnt say it, but even though the bit about "not wanting to have one"was kiiindda in a muttered under the breath tone he still said it to me while directly looking at my baby as I tried to like tiptoe away with him. So wrong. Its not like I was offering anyway, dude. Sheesh. I was totally stunned. Hope this is not going to b a regular thing with annoying people who keep talking long past the point where they should just croon at the baby (or not!) And leave off. Its awkward trying to hide or maneuver away quickly when it is just me. Come onnn, 60-40 sharing joint custody kick in, mom wants a sassy preteen at least on her side! She is much better at fielding nosy comments and such directed at her bro haha I'm always too baffled

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:20 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Omg annasrobbie, I cant believe the foisting upon by your pediatrician of his labels for your son at this young of an age! Also sorry to hear about all the crying going it. It will cease! 5 weeks ago , my own son was born and me with partially plugged ears for at leat the first 10 days due to a cold. I found not hearibg well annoying but lookibg back believe it was not coincidence.... my little one's lungs....really work.. as well haha! Anyway didnt know where to post this but I came here to say, this just happened today....I was walkibg together with a woman I had some inquiries for and we walked past a dude who said hi to her. As she was alking me out he came in again to see her, walkibg past me as I picked up my son in his car carrier. He leaaned in to look and goes " oohh that a cute bebee!! I don't wanna have one , though". .. w the actual f, sez I ! Well, I didnt say it, but even though the bit about "not wanting to have one"was kiiindda in a muttered under the breath tone he still said it to me while directly looking at my baby as I tried to like tiptoe away with him. So wrong. Its not like I was offering anyway, dude. Sheesh. I was totally stunned. Hope this is not going to b a regular thing with annoying people who keep talking long past the point where they should just croon at the baby (or not!) And leave off. Its awkward trying to hide or maneuver away quickly when it is just me. Come onnn, 60-40 sharing joint custody kick in, mom wants a sassy preteen at least on her side! She is much better at fielding nosy comments and such directed at her bro haha I'm always too baffled

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:40 am 
Nooch of Earl

I am trying to keep V happy and well adjusted with a new sibling, but:

- stop trying to wake up the baby, dammit
- stop constantly agitating to hold the baby, and then when she's happy and content on your lap decide 15 seconds later that you don't actually want to hold the baby

I mean, nobody warns you that while it's totally possible to love two kids at once, a lot of the clinginess and exuberance that was cute and tolerable when it's just a toddler will annoy the shiitake out of you when you're trying to take care of a newborn as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:35 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

my in laws visited this weekend and just left this morning.
everyone except me went out for coffee this morning while i slept in (yay!) and my MIL wanted to hold BP which seems to be alot easier when im not around so when they got back to the house she took her out of her car seat and carried her in.

it did not occur to my completely oblivious to the world husband that MAYBE JUST MAYBE he should have brought the carseat in.

then he proceeded to go to work with the carseat in his car.

so now i am stuck at home unable to go anywhere and BP is refusing to nap. i cant go do any errands or take her somewhere because we have no carseat.

ARRRRGHHHHH

i realize this is a stupid thing to be mad about but im really forking irritated.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:45 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Alice has coxsackie. Ugh.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:09 pm 
Semen Strong

Ugh! I'm so sorry! Coxsackie is the worst.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:52 pm 
Married to the wolfman

annak wrote:
I am trying to keep V happy and well adjusted with a new sibling, but:

- stop trying to wake up the baby, dammit
- stop constantly agitating to hold the baby, and then when she's happy and content on your lap decide 15 seconds later that you don't actually want to hold the baby

I mean, nobody warns you that while it's totally possible to love two kids at once, a lot of the clinginess and exuberance that was cute and tolerable when it's just a toddler will annoy the shiitake out of you when you're trying to take care of a newborn as well.

E used to do this thing where he was totally disinterested in me, until I was holding M, at which point he would suddenly HAVE to be held and would shriek and try to push M out of my lap and stuff.

He actually still does it sometimes. M started doing it right back to him after a while. Sometimes I just want to be like okay, let's close it up here, no hugs for anyone. It's not my favorite sibling thing, at all.

He would try to wake M up sometimes too but I did manage to impress on him pretty quickly that this was Not Okay, At All.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:20 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Hey, people who don't spend time with my kids... stop telling me how to parent them.

This isn't even a case of helpful advise. This is flat out telling me I am doing it wrong and they know better.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:23 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

My kid is five and half weeks old and I think my damn period just started.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:19 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Since I'm pregnant, my husband has been taking over the litterbox duties. Thing is, I would clean it once a day and he does it about once a week. Today I found out that one of the cats has been peeing in our upstairs closet. I'm trying not to lose my cool because my husband hates cleaning the litter box, but I'm not happy. She seems to have mostly peed on towels and some water proof baby changing pads so hopefully the cat smell doesn't stick around. I used Natures Miracle on it. I just worry that my house will smell like cat urine. :/ I can't really afford to replace the carpet and I'd like to have this problem solved before I do.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:23 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

You can totally change the litter yourself wearing plastic gloves if that is easier than making your partner scoop daily. My cats are sensitive and the boxes must be scooped daily so I can see how that might be causing issues for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:29 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

My vet actually told me that I didn't need to worry about toxoplasmosis in an entirely indoor kitty since they catch it from the outdoors...I didn't tell my DH she she said that though!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:11 am 
Impressive boner

The kid gets really weird when his grandparents are around. They're all over him like a rash for about 15 minutes when they arrive and then ignore him for the next hour or two, talking about adult stuff again, so he gets over-excited and then bored really quickly. He forgets his manners, raises his voice way too much, talks back and doesn't behave like himself at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:24 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

We had the 2 month vaccinations. You know how everyone talks about how their child slept and slept and slept after vaccinations? NOT this one...he is doing little 20 minute bursts of sleep here and there and otherwise is grumping around. I feel bad for him and me!!! I am pumping right now and hear him in the next room ramping up his little groans and moans...I hope he holds out a few more minutes so I can finish up here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:55 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i think that happened after BP's 4 month vax. it like gave her energy if anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:59 am 

We are having some major limit pushing lately. Yesterday, a stranger asked me if I need help since she was flipping out so much. So embarrassing! Sorry, I'm going to say no to standing in a drinking fountain and I'm going to let you scream because you are in control of that but man, I earned my glass of wine after bedtime.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:10 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Oh, Butternut. That sounds so familiar. Inez went through a real limit-pushing phase too at Babynut's age (which conveniently coincided with me being hugely pregnant). There was one trip to Ikea that pretty much gave me PTSD. Things got a lot better on that front once she turned three.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:56 pm 

Two and a half is preparing us for teenagehood. :p One of Freya's epic moments was when she tried to run out of the shop door multiple times (at a store where she could look at toys just five feet from me and the garden stuff). I warned her that she had to stay where she could see me or she'd have to go in the buggy. You can guess the rest. Cue B-movie screams of "noooooooo! Nooooooo! No no no no", along with loads of stares. Sigh.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:38 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

It is our anniversary today and we cannot find a sitter :( boo. We were going to take the newbie with us but it is just no fun to take the 2 year old anywhere other then the park these days.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175  Next