| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 175  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station 2.0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:40 pm 
And you never will.

poopiebaby has never slept more than 3 hours straight. Which means that in the last six months (since before he was born), I haven't slept more than 3 hours straight. Sometimes, in the middle of the night, when he wants to nurse AGAIN and all I want to do is sleep, it peas me off.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:56 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I'm sorry, poopie. Could you pump some milk and have Mr. Poopie feed him with a bottle? That way you could skip a feeding and get 5-6 hours.

I know how you feel. Even when you can nap during the day, sleeping in short installments is never as satisfying as sleeping for 7 or 8 consecutive hours. I am totally disoriented and couldn't tell you what day of the week it is.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:04 pm 
And you never will.

I wish I could pump! I have a pump, and I've tried no end to use it, but every time I've tried it's taken over an hour to get 2oz. Maybe I should try again... I don't know.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:09 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

poopiebitch wrote:
poopiebaby has never slept more than 3 hours straight. Which means that in the last six months (since before he was born), I haven't slept more than 3 hours straight. Sometimes, in the middle of the night, when he wants to nurse AGAIN and all I want to do is sleep, it peas me off.

Oh yes, I know the middle-of-the-night rage. Sometimes it would be like I'd wake up with this adrenaline rush and feel like the Hulk. Our baby monitor has a short or something wrong with the wiring because there were a few times that I ripped it out of the wall and threw it on the ground. And then my husband would get mad at me, but really, I had to get the frustration out SOMEWHERE before I got into that room. (And I wasn't about to take any shiitake from someone who could happily sleep through about 50% of the times the baby woke up. AHEM. !)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:42 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

FF- everytime I think I won't survive, I magically do. It's amazing how kids how just exactly how far to push us without making us entirely lose our minds.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

So. Who is this cranky, whiny, demanding, nagging thing and why can't she just chill out?

poopiebitch wrote:

Oh I've been there! It gets better eventually, I promise.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:49 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

FootFace wrote:
sneakers wrote:
Still too traumatized by all this to even think about having a second kid (everyone keeps asking when the next one is coming - are you people forking crazy?!) but it is getting better day by day and I know I should value this time when he's actually a cute baby before he gets mobile / starts talking.

From the time GlueGun was a little baby up until he was 5 or so, our next-door neighbor (guy in his 70s) used to ask me this all the time. When are you having another? His idea was that you needed a spare.

My kids are 2 years apart and after I had £2, our (funny old man) neighbour told us we could stop having kids* for a while!!!!!

* As in having more kids.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:57 pm 

I just looked over to see Livi pulling Tilly across the room by her tail!! TIME OUT.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:26 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

my son has been getting up at 5 or 6 in the morning, and then being a cranky mess pretty much all day. i'm tired. i am always tired. its been so long since i slept through the night.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:18 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Silas learned the art of throwing himself on the floor for all-out tantrums this weekend. Out of town, in a church, at a funeral, no more than 10 feet away from the body of his great grandfather. He doesn't do anything on a small scale, that's for sure.

(and for the record, we weren't thrilled by taking him to a funeral, but we didn't have any other options.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:51 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Can I vent about adults here? I resent my neighbors, relatives, and the moms at the breastfeeding support group describing my son as "fussy" or "demanding" or "a crier." This feels judgmental, and I have to hold my tongue so I don't say something like "well at least my kid has opinions and isn't a passive lump like some babies in this room." Yes he wants to be held and talked to all the time, but why shouldn't he? He's a baby! If I'm okay with it, why should it bother anyone else?!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:20 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

mittenmacher wrote:
Can I vent about adults here? I resent my neighbors, relatives, and the moms at the breastfeeding support group describing my son as "fussy" or "demanding" or "a crier." This feels judgmental, and I have to hold my tongue so I don't say something like "well at least my kid has opinions and isn't a passive lump like some babies in this room." Yes he wants to be held and talked to all the time, but why shouldn't he? He's a baby! If I'm okay with it, why should it bother anyone else?!

I raise my fist in whole-hearted agreement!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:23 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

mittenmacher wrote:

wow, that's ridiculous! isn't your baby only a few months old? how the hell else is he supposed to communicate with you? that's awful that people would say that at a breastfeeding support group.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:30 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

mittenmacher wrote:

UGH what the fork is wrong with these people??? I am so sorry mittenmacher, that is completely ridiculous. And hell, I expect comments like this from my mom or somethin, but a breastfeeding support group!?!?! yeah, real supportive.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:34 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

He's 7 weeks! Apparently the other moms have babies who are content to sit in strollers and car seat carriers all day. My kid wants to be up where the action is. I don't think that makes him "demanding," I think that makes him social, and wonderfully attached to his parents, and curious about his surroundings.

I don't think the moms at the breastfeeding group meant to come across as critical; they thought they were being sympathetic. My neighbor, on the other hand, is just a bisque.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:13 pm 
Grandfathered In

I have to vent and I'm sneaking away from a social event to do it! GlueGun is driving me insane. He is so bright and has so much trouble managing his own emotions. So a little frustration turns into an enormous, full-on, screaming and sobbing tantrum. I just feel so angry and embarrassed, having created this entitled monster. I don't feel sympathetic. I feel fed up. Of course he's not always like this. But these dramatic, severe outbursts aren't so uncommon.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:18 pm 
Grandfathered In

Right now, he's doing fine. And yesterday, he and I flew to Connecticut to meet up with Mrs. Face, who came out a few days earlier, for her father's wake. And GG was so cooperative and helpful and flow-going-with, even though flying sucks and I had to wake him up at four in the morning to leave for the airport.

I want to keep seeing him like that, and not think of him as this outraged, out of control monsterchild.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:25 pm 
Semen Strong

Sra. Nooch wrote:
mittenmacher wrote:

Me too!

There are way too many judgy people in the world and it seems like having a baby makes them feel entitled to share their opinions. Walter is awesome and they're just jealous because he is the cutest baby in the room. Seriously, I don't know how you've resisted nomnomnoming on those thighs for 7 whole weeks!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:11 pm 

poor everyone! boo!!

also, mitten, now you know that almost everyone has some lame, stupid, irrelevant opinion about how you work your life. people! ARGH.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:15 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Tofulish wrote:
Sra. Nooch wrote:
mittenmacher wrote:

Me too!

There are way too many judgy people in the world and it seems like having a baby makes them feel entitled to share their opinions. Walter is awesome and they're just jealous because he is the cutest baby in the room. Seriously, I don't know how you've resisted nomnomnoming on those thighs for 7 whole weeks!

Me three! I am a proud parent of a "fussy, demanding crier", but I prefer to think of him as a curious and intelligent baby, who happens to love his mama dearly. Bite me, nay sayers!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:16 pm 

They're BABIES. That's kind of their job!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:18 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

FootFace wrote:
I have to vent and I'm sneaking away from a social event to do it! GlueGun is driving me insane. He is so bright and has so much trouble managing his own emotions. So a little frustration turns into an enormous, full-on, screaming and sobbing tantrum. I just feel so angry and embarrassed, having created this entitled monster. I don't feel sympathetic. I feel fed up. Of course he's not always like this. But these dramatic, severe outbursts aren't so uncommon.

I have to thank you profusely for admitting this! My 6 year old seems to have entered the "Terrible 2's", except he is now bigger and louder. When his tantrums start, I become immediately annoyed and angry. I have to start singing a song to myself to keep my mouth from saying something that I will regret...
This stage has to end sometime soon, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm 

mel wrote:
FootFace wrote:

I have to thank you profusely for admitting this! My 6 year old seems to have entered the "Terrible 2's", except he is now bigger and louder. When his tantrums start, I become immediately annoyed and angry. I have to start singing a song to myself to keep my mouth from saying something that I will regret...
This stage has to end sometime soon, right?

Hey! That happens to me sometimes now and she's 4. I'm just like "really? are you actually being like this?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:49 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

mittenmacher wrote:

OMG, both my kids are/were the same way. My parents and in-laws were awful about ToddlerCrafter. (So awful, they haven't met BabyCrafter.) My MIL and husband's maternal gran and the gran's neighbour said I was spoiling my baby, my mom and dad went on and on about how the baby cried all the time (even more than my little sister, and the both used to complain and complain about how fussy she was as a baby), and both my mom and MIL said I breastfed too much. My MIL said the baby just needed to learn to feed on a schedule and to just let him cry and deal with it and my mom said to stuff a pacifier in his mouth and that I needed a wet-nurse. >:/

Big forking deal if your non-lump of a totally cute baby wants to be held all the time!! Cut the kid some slack!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:52 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

mittenmacher wrote:
He's 7 weeks! Apparently the other moms have babies who are content to sit in strollers and car seat carriers all day. My kid wants to be up where the action is. I don't think that makes him "demanding," I think that makes him social, and wonderfully attached to his parents, and curious about his surroundings.

I ended up quitting 2 different playgroups because Silas was the only active, vocal, exploring child amidst a sea of carseat babies whose mothers barely glanced at them while gossiping. Sigh.

Also, if I hear "Well he SURE IS a boy!" one more time, I just might lose it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 175  Next