| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: Sweet moments with your kids (The anti-venting zone)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:04 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Took Malka out for balloon night at the local mediocre tex mex place and she was so freaking happy and wonderful the whole time. And nobody was annoyed that she spent most of the meal jumping on the cushion of the booth and chanting, yeah! Yeah! Yeah! She made her balloon Pingu have a play date with the doll she insisted on bringing, which included giving each other kisses.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:46 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

That is freaking adorable. :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:28 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

My 2yo nanny charge keeps reminding me to do my physio exercises during the day, and then following along with me. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:51 pm 
Married to the wolfman

The Emperor and I baked pumpkin bread together last night. We haven't been doing a lot of cooking together lately because I have been really busy and yeah. And I was kind of blown away by just how much he can do now... he got out most of the ingredients for me and the measuring cups and spoons that we needed, dumped some ingredients that I measured, measured several ingredients himself (including leveling off the baking powder and baking soda like a PRO), mixed, etc. And just as important are the things he did NOT do: whine, try to fish other things off the kitchen counter, lick the mixing spoon while we were still mixing, eat all the ingredients while I was distracted, and on and on. He is not at his finest in the evening post-school so this had potential to go pretty downhill but it didn't at all, it was just really super and nice.

And a funny moment to go with the sweet: we were going to put a frozen banana into the batter, but after he tried a taste (with my authorization) he was like "can I just eat that? and we'll put something else in?" which I agreed to... and then while he's eating it he says "you know, this tastes like something else... something... something" (pause) "ICE CREAM. Mama, a frozen banana tastes like ICE CREAM!" ... so I guess he's one of those people now.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:45 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

coldandsleepy wrote:
And a funny moment to go with the sweet: we were going to put a frozen banana into the batter, but after he tried a taste (with my authorization) he was like "can I just eat that? and we'll put something else in?" which I agreed to... and then while he's eating it he says "you know, this tastes like something else... something... something" (pause) "ICE CREAM. Mama, a frozen banana tastes like ICE CREAM!" ... so I guess he's one of those people now.

This is too cute. Me thinks that banana ice cream maker would be the ultimate Christmas gift in the Cold-Nation household.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:39 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

My friend just posted that she found her kid (I think he's 4) drawing on his toy parking garage. He explained that the garage had no "wheelchair spots" so he was drawing them in. He has a teacher who uses a motor chair, so he drew a chair "just like hers" on the parking spot. BEST.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:44 pm 
Married to the wolfman

We are transitioning M to falling asleep on his own in his crib rather than in arms or in the ergo. He's been able to sleep on his own for a long time, but not fall asleep on his own.

The tactic that seems to be working right now is putting him in the crib and then telling him to lay down again if he stands up. Last night I sat down next to the crib while doing this. He would wiggle around a bit with his eyes closed, and then every now and again open his eyes and look at me. And every time he'd make eye contact with me he'd just get the biggest sweetest smile, like hey, you're still here, cool.

I dunno why so many of my sweet stories have to do with sleep, but I have one for E too. He likes sleeping in a sleeping bag on top of his mattress sometimes, and the other day he insisted that I zip both him and myself in. Once we were all snuggled up, he said "mama, won't you just stay here tonight?" D'awww buddy.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:58 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Malka gets up too damn early most of the time, but this morning she got up and decided she was actually going to try to play along with our attempts to get another half hour of sleep. She went back and forth between our bed and her bed (I was in her bed, by myself, after her first wake-up this morning, trying to work out the kinks of cuddling with her half the night) and cuddled with each of us, even under the covers, and made a serious attempt at going back to sleep. Which didn't work, of course, but she really tried for a good long time! And then when she was really done with that, she very calmly asked me to get up with her.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17