| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sweet moments with your kids (The anti-venting zone)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:59 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

FootFace wrote:
GG has been (mostly) in such a sunny mood today. We ran some errands together and he was happy and playful. We held hands a lot. (Nobody tell him he's "not supposed to" be comfortable with that anymore.)

My 9 year old nephew does this too with his dad. It's soooo cute.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:07 pm 
Married to the wolfman

We made banana "cupcakes" this afternoon.... Banana bread in muffin pans, with a little pb on top as "frosting.". When they were done, the Emperor asked me if we could put candles in them and pretend it was our birthdays. Sure, why the hell not!

So we totally had a party, sang happy birthday to each other, blew out our candles. He's all, do you want to make another wish mom? And I'm like kid, mine already came true.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:58 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Oh my that is sweet. You had me at banana bread.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:47 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I have been doing some spring cleaning, and apparently Walter has been paying attention. Today I was doing windows--spraying windex, wiping with paper towels--and I gave him an empty spray bottle and paper towel to play with. He went around pointing the sprayer at stuff, saying "Sh! Sh! Sh!" (because that is what spraying windex sounds like?), and then wiping with his paper towel. He loves to help <3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:55 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

yesterday I brought wolverine out with me to hang laundry. He layed on a blanket with his little sun hat on and dug his hands through the grass. when I was done I layed next to him and we looked up at the trees for a bit. He looked in awe at them. Then he rolled over and he nursed for a bit. It was the best 1/2 hour I have had in forever

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:01 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
I don't know how my grandmother did it (I swear, she would ask me whether I wanted pink or blue fairy tea and then just put the spoon in and stir and it would turn colour I chose), but I hid a dab of food colouring* under the pile of sugar (my grandmother used a sugar cube, I think) on the spoon.

* Normally, I shy away from that stuff, but I make an exception for fairy tea when my kids are sick -- I only actually have food colouring because I used to dye yarn with it!

My gran says when her children were ill and not enthusiastic about food, but she thought they should eat a little, she gave them magic rice pudding. You stirred the rice pudding, saying 'rice pudding turn blue!' and it did!

My sweet moment isn't my own child as I don't have one.
I was on the train, sitting on the seat at the end of the carriage which has a single seat facing it, and a man and his youngish son came on and sat facing me, with the boy on the man's knee. The child was so happy and the dad so loving and encouraging. It made my day. The dad was saying about how you should stick things in your eye, because eyes are precious and amazing, and came up with a long list of things you don't put in your eye. 'Don't put cake in your eye. Don't put cheese in your eye. Don't put a dog's tail in your eye.' and the boy kept spontaneously hugging him. And he showed the boy how you can see both your fingers even if they are on either side of your face, and told him there was a really cool word for that- 'peripheral vision'.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:03 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

FishyChips got a lot of high praise from my inlaws (who just returned from Japan and hadn't seen her for the last 3.5 years). She acts like an adult, expresses herself more intelligently than a child should, and is patient with the littler cousins who are real PITAs.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:06 pm 
Semen Strong

Hurrah for FishyChips!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:40 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

torque wrote:
FishyChips got a lot of high praise from my inlaws (who just returned from Japan and hadn't seen her for the last 3.5 years). She acts like an adult, expresses herself more intelligently than a child should, and is patient with the littler cousins who are real PITAs.

<3

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:41 am 
Baking In The Flavor

I have a letter that my oldest daughter (7) wrote on my fridge. It reads, "thank you for giving me life, I know it must have hurt when I was being born" and also thanks me "for paying for me to go to a good school, the cute clothes and dresses" and says how happy she is for me for my birthday. She also verbally told me that she's really happy that tomorrow is my birthday. It's so sweet to feel so appreciated and so loved.

My wee blog:

http://www.mommethree.com

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:10 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Ada slept from 7:45pm-8:30am and only woke me up once to nurse around 4am! This hasn't happened in a lonnnnng time. I thought for sure she would be up a bunch because her two top molars are breaking through (whoa these molars are taking forever to break all the way through) and I couldn't even leave her alone to go shower yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:31 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Was having dinner with my son earlier this week, he's 2, and he says, "I've loved you from the first time I met you."

While I'm in the middle of an "OMG how freakin sweet is this little guy?" moment he then says, "Can I have a marshmallow?" Haha....had me rolling.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:43 pm 
Saggy Butt

These just make me melt!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:54 pm 
Married to the wolfman

We are having an awful afternoon, and I laid down on the couch for a minute to have a mom timeout and regain my cool. The Emperor comes over and asks quietly, "can I come up with you?" and I say sure. He climbs up into my arms and tells me he's the baby bird, I'm mama bird, and this is our nest. And then says, "I just want you to hold me." Hey guy, that is one thing I can do.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Glad your day got better, c&s. Amazing how they know just when to be the cutest, huh?

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:52 am 
Seagull of the PPK

my kid has to retake her geography exam as a result of a DISMAL grade. she's there taking it right now. i came home from work last night to find her cramming: upset, sick to her stomach and terrified (this teacher makes her afraid, and while i don't know the whole story, for sure i am not pleased with this teacher and Steps Will Be Taken, just not right now.). I made her some herb tea, made her jump on her mini-trampoline for a while, and then we did some zen meditation together til she got sleepy. she's so worried about failure even though we've made it clear that nothing terrible will happen if she gets a bad grade. she is such a good kid that sometimes i wonder what i did to deserve her.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:49 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Henry's usually a I'm tired please put me in bed kind of guy (at night; naps during the day are a whole other story). Last night he did not want to be put down, so after taking turns holding him during dinner, I sat with him on the couch. He kept looking back and forth between me and his Papa and smiling, then burying his nose in my arm, and after 30 minutes of snuggling, passed out with his arm across my chest. One of the best moments of mama-hood so far.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:08 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Aww bap. That is way forking sweet.

Yesterday afternoon, the Magician was fussing a bit so I laid down on the couch to nurse him. I pulled my boob out and he instantly threw his arms about it and made this big goofy grin, like ah, my long lost friend! Then he looked up at me and smiled at me like hey! You're here too! Then he closed his eyes and instantly started snoring. He didn't even actually nurse.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:03 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Yesterday grey fell asleep in my arms, he wasn't nursing. That has never ever happened! It was great.

He is at daycare and I really want to go pick him up, but he isn't done for an hour. I miss him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:24 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

LittleBodhi usually comes into our room during the night (well, around like 4am or so), and sleeps the rest of the night in our bed. I don't really mind, except the baby is due a month from now, so there won't really be room for him, so we've been getting him to stay in his bed more. But he slept all night in his own bed last night, and at about 8:15 this morning (!!! yay!), came into our room for morning snuggles. I love snuggling with him. He is the best snuggler ever.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:53 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

So sweet, bodhi

As I mentioned in the other thread, sleep has been difficult lately. And then yesterday happened. We just had a great day together. At the end of the day Grey wasn't ready for bed yet, so we had a dance party. It was so much fun and at the end of it he nursed to sleep in my arms while we were dancing. It was just wonderful!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:25 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

littlebear wrote:
At the end of the day Grey wasn't ready for bed yet, so we had a dance party.

AWWW!! I really hate trying to get my little guy to sleep if he's not ready, since it's kind of counter-productive for us. A dance party is an awesome idea!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:05 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yay! Carlos slept from 8:00 to 5:30! It was awesome. Except my boobs were rock hard in the morning.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:11 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Oh kimba that is awesome!

If we ask Ada for a kiss now she opens her mouth and goes "ahhhhh" and then leans in and gives a kiss. It's so cute. She was giving me kisses for awhile but never my husband until this week. She has also given me a few wrap her arms around me hugs. They are the best!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:15 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

that sounds excessively cute, sashi!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next