| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sweet moments with your kids (The anti-venting zone)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:30 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

1-Zephyr is sleeping next to me, and he just did that sweet little newborn type stretch, complete with the mushy little face. So cute. I melt, like all day long.

2-Iz always wants to give his new brother kisses and hugs. Really adorable.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:14 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

bodhi wrote:
1-Zephyr is sleeping next to me, and he just did that sweet little newborn type stretch, complete with the mushy little face. So cute. I melt, like all day long.

2-Iz always wants to give his new brother kisses and hugs. Really adorable.

Very cute with the kisses. But the newborn stretch, that is just the cutest thing ever! I love it! It reminded me of when Carlos was asleep in my hubby's arms during his dedication ceremony at the UU church. When he handed him to the minister, he did one of those stretches and the congregation made a quiet but sweet "awwwwwww" - I will always cherish that moment.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:17 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Freya gives zerberts now, all the time, all day long. Leaning in really close, then sorta spits/blows on your cheek or arm lightly and then leans back and beams with pride. Oi oi oi! She was attacking this poor little girl's head at baby group today.

Also, just today, she's decided that it's hilarious if I laugh loudly and tilt my head back (even in a fake-dramatic way). We did this over and over again this afternoon, at the end of a nursing session, until she was very nearly out of breath from laughing. Oh, how I love my little weirdo.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:15 pm 
Chip Strong

Ada has been refusing to give us kisses for the last week or so. She just says "no!" if we ask. Then last night before bed she all of a sudden started giving me and my husband kisses back and forth. And she was actually puckering her lips which was about the cutest thing ever. It was like she was taking a break from giving kissing because she was trying to figure out how to pucker her lips. Seriously, this kiss fest went on for at least five min. So adorable I just can't handle it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:19 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

The other morning Maddux (now 3.5 months) was in his car seat right before we headed out for the day and was in a good mood making noises etc and started kicking his legs but wasn't moving his arms. He looked exactly like the Charley Chaplain bit with the forks and potatoes and was cracking both of us up for quite a while.

Ugh I saw all these cave paintings complaining about vegan cheese options. I don't miss those days. -Isa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:37 pm 
Semen Strong

I was nursing Leela to sleep and she was waving "goodbye" as she drifted off. I had to bite myself to not scream from the insane level of cuteness.

Heartsplosion <3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:59 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Oh wow, that's amazing tofulish!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:17 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Dawww.

The Emperor used to sign "more" over and over while nursing sometimes... I had forgotten about that.

Sometimes when the Magician first latches on, his eyes roll back in his head like "aaaah that's the good stuff."

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:33 am 
Semen Strong

This stuff gets better all the time! Leela throws her arms in the air like she is on a roller coaster when she wants to be picked up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:13 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Aww Leela! I think we need a picture of Leela with roller coaster arms.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:59 am 

coldandsleepy wrote:
Sometimes when the Magician first latches on, his eyes roll back in his head like "aaaah that's the good stuff."

Scarlett does that too! She really looks like a milk junkie.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:43 pm 
Semen Strong

Leela was impossibly adorable today. We went to Trader Joes and she spent the whole time laughing and waving at people, and then we came home and she got completely excited by her lunch and needed a nap afterwards. Everything about her makes me happy. She is amazing and I can't believe how much I love her

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:50 pm 
Married to the wolfman

The Emperor actually fell asleep in my arms the other day for the first time since I dunno. December? It was really sweet but so strange... It's hard to remember that I held him while he slept every night for the first 2 years of his life. His body is so different now! He's all long and skinny and he kept jabbing me with his elbows. But he was still so snuggly and sweet.

And he still pretty much smells like wet dog. But in a way I've come to appreciate.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:01 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Earlier today grey leaned back against the dog, turned around and gave him a big hug. He also said kitty and blackie (the name of one of my parents cats, the one who showed up at their doorstep a couple years ago and moved in). He also played with ice cubes with the dog for an hour. I really think we need a dog!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:25 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Walter is the huggiest, kissiest little monkey lately. He gives the biggest, tightest hugs around my neck and every time he hugs me he shouts, "Awwww!" And sometimes when I am holding him he grabs both of my ears and pulls my mouth into his for a big wet smooch. He also signs "love" when something makes him happy, like a song on the radio or a blueberry he's eating.

Yesterday I watched in amazement as he had kind of a real conversation with some 2 year olds who live in our neighborhood. We were out walking the dog and Walter was holding the leash (our dog is super slow and mellow).

Walter: Hi!
Kids: Hi!
Walter: Dog! Woof woof!
(Kids pet the dog)
Walter: Dog! Graeme! (our dog's name, which Walter pronounces "Dra")
Kids: Bye!
Walter: Bye! Bye! Bye-bye!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:22 pm 

Aww, Walter! So sweet.

Today I took Scarlett to our first mom-baby exercise class, and she loved it! We did this ab exercise where I would lean back and lift her side to side over my knees. She stared at me the whole time and every time I lifted her up, she would squeal with excitement and kick her legs around. It's so awesome that she's starting to be more interactive, I can't imagine how cool it is when they start talking and really having a personality!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:11 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

we had our FC getaway (beach weekend) and even though the weather was crepe we had a great few (cold) hours on the beach today, chasing any poor beach creature that was unfortunate enough to come near us [cockles... snails... crabs], swimming, running around like nuts. We had a really fun time and finally had to leave, purple and pruney and shivering. As usual, FC is graceful around strangers and I am so glad she isn't the sullen grumpy-pants she sometimes can be at home when we are out among other people. And seeing her defusing/avoiding weird situations (our hosts are rabid believers that crazy people with HAARP radars are going to destroy the earth this year, and if you don't agree, they will talk about "string theory" to try to justify themselves....) first she whipped out the manga she's reading and initiated conversation to change the topic, and then when the string theory stuff started she mentioned that we had been talking about quantum mechanics at home [which we had, coincidentally, but not ostentatiously, i swear], i shiitake you not, and it was rather funny to see the interaction. Nobody going to try to intimidate my kid by pretending to be all sophistercated, but she was still polite.
It's nice to see her following one of our few house rules: act however you want at home, but at someone else's place, behave. There may yet be hope for us.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:32 pm 
We So Excited

That sounds wonderful, torque.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:43 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

That's awesome torque! Times like this are so relieving, aren't they?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:03 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

i've been demanding payments in kisses lately. tzipi gives such good kisses that i can't resist. they aren't slobbery baby kisses any more, but sweet little pecks with her arms wrapped around my neck. and so no, i'm not above telling her i'll give her a popsicle only if i get a kiss first.

also, "back assages"!!!! i get back massages! haha, she doesn't get that she's supposed to squeeze your muscles, so she stands there just kind of patting your back and telling you you're having an 'assage' but it's still the cutest god damn thing ever.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:06 pm 
Semen Strong

That is so cute. I am so looking forward to seeing Tzipi and newbaby together.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:21 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

All these cute stories make it worth it that I am awake past 3 am because the babe woke up. Only once tonight!!

Last night we were at an outdoor event, and I took the children close to the stage to watch the drumming. My oldest boy (almost 4!), put his arm around me while I was squatting beside him. Eeeeeeeee!!!!! Like that you're my best friend hold. It made me so happy :) I've got 3 of the sweetest babes, so blessed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:00 pm 
Semen Strong

This is about someone else's kid, but whatevs.

We were at a pool playdate and a little 3.5 year old girl swam up to me and asked if she could have one of the pool toys that Leela was playing with (Leela had 2). Of course we let her have it, and she swam to her baby brother, who was L's age, and gave it to him, telling her mom she thought he'd like it. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWZZZZ!

I want L to grow up to be that considerate and kind.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:06 pm 
Married to the wolfman

The Emperor and I painted our toenails (and his finger nails) together with sparkly silver Piggie Paint this morning while his brother was napping. He was so forking excited about his "fail polish" (he can pronounce nail, he just thought this was really funny), I pretty much wanted to reabsorb him into my body to capture all that happiness.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:17 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Awww. This thread makes me happy.

Freya is just overwhelming us with adorableness lately. While I would eat dirt to make her sleep more than 40 minutes at a time, there's a little part of me that's sad when she goes to sleep at night. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next