Post Punk Kitchen Forum
http://forum.theppk.com/

Z names!
http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=719
Page 1 of 2

Author:  soyaspade [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Z names!

I love all the Z-names! Zelda, Zora, Zola... My friend's new baby is Zooey...

What are other good Z names out there?

Author:  mittenmacher [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

Zeke? Zion? There's always good ol' Zachary.

Author:  Pinko [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

From my baby name book:

Zara
Zaria
Zilla
Zuzu

Zane
Zeb

Author:  coldandsleepy [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

We met a Zebediah at the park the other day. Not my personal favorite, but...

Zephyr's pretty, in a sorta hippie-ish way.

Zara... like Sarah with a Z... I like that. And Zahara.

Hm... Zoya, the Russian form of Zoe.

We met a Zosia (zo-SHA) the other day. Her mom said it's the Polish version of Sophia, which I can't confirm or deny. Pretty, though.

Author:  keen_on_quinoa [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

coldandsleepy wrote:
We met a Zosia (zo-SHA) the other day. Her mom said it's the Polish version of Sophia, which I can't confirm or deny. Pretty, though.

Yes, it is the Polish form of Sophia! I love it. I briefly considered it for Zola, but was worried that it would be mispronounced by other people as Zo-si-ah or something like that.

Author:  keen_on_quinoa [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

Oh, there's also Zuzia (zoo-sha), which is the Polish form of Susan.

Author:  littlebird [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

my favourite z name... zippora, or the original hebrew tziporah.

my fav thing about z names is the adorable nicknames they often shorten to. it makes me smile to call tziporah "zippy"!

Author:  hoveringdog [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

I have a theoretical future baby named Zebulon.

Author:  booberthefraggle [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

my oldest friend is named Zoe ! (though she goes by Zoya)

Author:  Hapax Legomenon [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

There's an Iraqi architect named Zaha, which I always thought was nifty. Even niftier is Zahra.
I didn't like the name Zeke until I befriended a Zeke.
Mom considered Zoë for me, but I'm incredibly happy she elected not to use the name (even though I love it) because that would've been two characters in my name that are non-standard for names(ë and a hyphen).

Author:  annakarenina [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

Our daughter's name is a Z name. It's already been mentioned here, though.

Author:  Eat_More_Garlic [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

Zora would have been Zoran if she was male- means the same thing in like twelve different cultures- morning light/sunrise/dawn etc.

Author:  Rach*n [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

keen_on_quinoa wrote:
coldandsleepy wrote:
We met a Zosia (zo-SHA) the other day. Her mom said it's the Polish version of Sophia, which I can't confirm or deny. Pretty, though.

Yes, it is the Polish form of Sophia! I love it. I briefly considered it for Zola, but was worried that it would be mispronounced by other people as Zo-si-ah or something like that.


It is the Polish form, and it is pretty!

I know a Zofia.

Author:  monkeytoes [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

Zinnia!

Author:  sunshower [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

zigmont.

my husband has always claimed that he would want to name a boy 'carpenter zigmont.' i guess he had a great-grandfather or something named zigmont, & they all called him 'papa ziggy.'

Author:  katiejayne [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

monkeytoes wrote:
Zinnia!

gah! I love it!

I recently met a baby named Zelka, I think her name sounds like she should be a superhero.

Author:  monkeytoes [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

katiejayne wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
Zinnia!

gah! I love it!

I recently met a baby named Zelka, I think her name sounds like she should be a superhero.

My friend Dan has a son named Quincy and when they were pregnant with their daughter, my mom and his mom were lobbying hard for Zinnia because they thought Quincy & Zinnia would sound great together. Dan didn't go for it, but I'd name a girl Zinnia.

Author:  katiejayne [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

monkeytoes wrote:
katiejayne wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
Zinnia!

gah! I love it!

I recently met a baby named Zelka, I think her name sounds like she should be a superhero.

My friend Dan has a son named Quincy and when they were pregnant with their daughter, my mom and his mom were lobbying hard for Zinnia because they thought Quincy & Zinnia would sound great together. Dan didn't go for it, but I'd name a girl Zinnia.

I would totally name a girl Zinnia. I love it! Zinnia and Quincy do sound great together!

Author:  FootFace [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

Zinc is cool.

Author:  Kelly [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

We know a little Zelia. She's the cutest little hippie baby.

Author:  ❀madam dahlia❀ [ Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

i know a little zia. it's a super cute name. if you are looking for the z sound to start a name, i love xanthe (zan-thee), it means golden i think.

Author:  gunk [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

I know a three-year-old called Zaelie. It's not a name I would pick, but I do think it's pretty.

Author:  Arisaig [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

I have loved the name Zola since I saw Zola Budd run.

Unfortunately I did not have a girl but my cousin called her daughter Zola.

Zane is the best boys Z name. I know two Zephiniahs (sp?).

Author:  CommunistDaughter [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

I would totally name a kid Zeus.

Author:  Pinko [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Z names!

hoveringdog wrote:
I have a theoretical future baby named Zebulon.


My husband went to high school with a guy named Zebulon! They're friends on Facebook and, judging by his pictures, Zebulon lives a pretty bro-tastic life. Which amuses me. Because his name is Zebulon.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/