| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nursing strikes
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:24 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I was hoping that I could get some information here and mostly hope. Baby Zoey is 21 months old and before 2 days ago she was a nursing champion. I used to joke that she would need a 12 step program to wean. But 2 days ago, out of the blue she started refusing nursing. Now if we lay her down to nurse or sitting in our nursing spot she pulls away from me and cries. There are 2 potential things going on but neither of them seem really dramatic to me.

1. Baby Zoey is sick with a cold. She has nursed through several colds before just fine so I am not sure why this would be any different. I did take her to the doctor yesterday to rule out a sore throat or ear infection and he said that she has a virus.

2. We have family staying with us for a week. Baby Zoey is getting A TON of attention from other people. Yesterday I sent them away for the afternoon thinking that might help so Baby Zoey and I could have some alone snuggle time, but it didn't help. She is real snuggley with me again but won't nurse.

She is extremely fussy and clingy today. I tried co-sleeping with her last night thinking that I could entice her to night nurse, but no luck. I am worried that she is weaning and I was hoping to nurse her at least until she was 2. I know that I have made it longer than the average in this country and we have almost made it to 2 years but anytime someone tells me this, I cry.

The fact that she cries and pulls away from me when it is time to nurse is making me lose hope. It has been over 48 hours. Has anyone made it through a nursing strike before?

Post subject: Re: Nursing strikes
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:22 pm 
Married to the wolfman

The Emperor (who is 18 months old) went through something like this recently. He nursed about six times in three days... which is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper super low for him. If I let him nurse every time he asks, he will generally nurse at least 12 times in a 24 hour period if not more.

For him, it passed. We think it was because he was getting one of his 2 year molars. It was weird though, and I was all freaked out because I thought maybe he was suddenly weaning himself... but nope.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!