| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 113  Next
 Post subject: Re: the lactation station: share your breast feedin' stuff h
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:49 pm 
Semen Strong

Leela seems to be having a tough time and really has lost interest in food. Its just all nursing, all the time. With biting. FML.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:21 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Plugged duct.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:33 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Oh, I'm sorry tofulish and littlebear. Is leela teething? Maybe that's why she is not interested in food.

I'm angry about nursing to sleep. I birthed the world's lightest sleeper who knows when I am not in the room every second of the day. If I'm not there, awakes-ville. Nipple in mouth, sleeping forever. I don't mind cosleeping(I even love it) but I don't want to go to bed at 8.

I wait until she is deep asleep and put her in crib and 90% of the time she wakes up immediately screaming bloodly murder. Stands up, freaks out. Not worth the fuss!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:40 pm 
Semen Strong

I am sorry Bnut - we are the same way, if that makes you feel any better. Normally I go to bed at 8 and hang out on the computer next to her. If I leave, she wakes up. Sometimes her dad will sit with her while I get a bite to eat, but about 50% of the time she wakes up and its back to boob in the mouth until she falls asleep time. She's been that way since she was born, so it seems just to be her personality.

And yes, she is teething, and just miserable all the time, unless we're on playdates etc. For some reason having a distraction works well for her. We had so much fun with Ariann and others on Saturday, and she was a breeze. Today has been horrible though. She has been clingy, crying and generally it has been such a pain, esp because my husband is out of town, so its just us with no breaks. My house is so filthy because I can't do anything without her crying and the only thing that stops the crying is nursing. She is nursing so much, we're back to EBF poops. Come on teeth, Mama needs a nice long nap!

And to make today even more craptastic: (1) she woke up projectile vomiting (I think from overnursing) and so we cancelled our fun plans with Una, whom I wanted so much to see, (2) I have a giant cold sore that I am trying not to give her, (3) my dog peed all over the dining room so it smells gross in there and I can't clean it because of my little limpet, and (4) my neighbors had a barbecue with giant torches that made it smell like there was a fire in my house, so after L got to sleep at 8, I thought the house was on fire, and grabbed her and ran downstairs (waking her), checked any possible sources of fire and then discovered it was their party. Today has just sucked.

Hope you and LB feel better soon too!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:03 pm 
And you never will.

littlebear wrote:
Plugged duct.

Ugh, me too. Sympathies.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:19 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Ladies I hope you all get to feeling better! After day 3 of treatment for yeast the stabbing pains in my breasts have subsided - so now just sore nipples to contend with. Other then bread and beer I see absolutely no need for yeast to exist...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:52 am 
Semen Strong

nooch!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:12 pm 

Hehe.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:38 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I hope everyone feels better soon. Still plugged. I had the heating ad on me most of the night, except every two hours when Grey woke up.

Bnut, we are finally getting Grey to sleep at night without constant nursing. Naps, I still have to usually lay with him during naps. I hear about magic babies that sleep alone for naps and and night and sleep for hours by themselves, so jealous.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:51 pm 

Butternut wrote:
I'm angry about nursing to sleep. I birthed the world's lightest sleeper who knows when I am not in the room every second of the day. If I'm not there, awakes-ville. Nipple in mouth, sleeping forever. I don't mind cosleeping(I even love it) but I don't want to go to bed at 8.

I wait until she is deep asleep and put her in crib and 90% of the time she wakes up immediately screaming bloodly murder. Stands up, freaks out. Not worth the fuss!

Oh my word, I could've written this myself. We are having some times now when I try and get her back to sleep w/o the boob, with mixed success. It's so hard because I have to judge whether or not she's hungry, how much is just tired, and really just how upset I think is okay to allow her to be. Grunting/"wah"/temper tantrum kinda stuff = not something I'd yield to during the day, but in the middle of the night when not only bean, but I am sleepy...then it's so hard to tell what the right thing to do is.

Does L do naps on her own? This is the hardest for me because there is no freaking time to do stuff sometimes (make "business" type calls where you have to be on hold forever, pay bills, do physio exercises, etc. etc.) In the morning times, I just sleep with her because I am freaking exhausted from not sleeping the night before. Most days, I can get a good nap in then (40ish minutes, nurse, then maybe 40ish minutes again). In the afternoon, she often only goes one sleep cycle and I'm not able to get to sleep then anyway. If I leave her in the afternoon, she's awake in 10? minutes. Sigh.

sorry to post about sleeping so much there....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:13 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

oh my I can commiserate with y'all about basically being a giant pacifier while Baby sleeps. It's weird, but I can't seem to nurse her to go down for a nap or to bed at night, but when she wakes at night - which is any time from 2 to 5 hours after she gets put in her crib - she has to be in bed with us attached to my nipple. For a while now, I've been thinking this will stop as she grows but now fear I'm doomed. On Sunday morning I had such a terrible night's sleep with her waking as soon as I got myself into bed and then latching on and off til 5am that I started to cry and just forced Howard to get up, take her in the living room, swaddle her and put her back in her crib. (He is pretty wonderful with taking turns with her etc EXCEPT at night...he's mainly intentionally useless from about 11pm on so this was quite an event.) Then I got 3 glorious hours of sleeping in whatever position I wanted!

annnd this morning, when I dragged my asparagus outta bed after another night of the usual discomfort but nothing seeming too bad, I looked at my left boob and it looks like, well, someone with tiny razors on their wee fingers sliced me ALL over the place. It hurts more now than it must have when she did it!

also, I'm SO FRUSTRATED that I nursed her on and off for 3 straight hours last evening and she still drained 3oz from a bottle before going to sleep. I just can't keep up with making that and it makes me really sad.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:20 pm 

Aw, Audrey. We had this trouble for a long time. F would nurse and nurse and nurse, literally all night long some nights, and still wake up 5-6ish and down most of a (6oz!) bottle. I felt like I was losing sleep for nothing. Now, at least, I think she's getting enough to eat.

On the razor boobies, I find a good barrier cream (I use Freya's butt cream) helps immensely. The stuff we have is just olive oil, chammomile and vanilla so it's safe for her to ingest if that happens. Makes it so much more comfortable to put a bra on if I slather the girls first.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:52 pm 

Oh, I hate it when she scratches me! For me, it happens when she squeezes. Keeping the nails trimmed is practically a full time job.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one going to bed at 8 cause I can't get this baby in a crib. Refinnej, sometimes she naps in the stroller or when my husband is wearing her so I can get stuff done, but usually I have to stay next to her. She wakes up when I try to transfer her to the crib so lately I've just stopped trying and sit next to her.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:09 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Posting in bed next to sleeping baby!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:13 pm 
Semen Strong

littlebear wrote:

Me too! This room should really be the bedroom instead of the playground :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:18 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Sierra and I are headed over to the lc Butternut recommended shortly! I know there's no magic answer to any of our problems but I'm looking forward to this.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:23 am 
Built this city on rock and roll

Good luck, Audrey!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:37 pm 
Semen Strong

Good luck Audrey! If you decide you want to try acupuncture/Chinese medicine, I love Youngja Yoo and she's right off Canal Street.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:40 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

ahhh sweet sweet relief! Sierra has gained almost 2.5 lbs since Aug 20th! And we weighed her before and after she nursed, and the first side she got almost 3oz in just 10 minutes. That's a major bit of news because I've never even pumped 3oz from one side EVER. I'm going to continue the pumping and giving her a nighttime bottle in addition to marathon nursing, but looks like we can avoid the formula for now at least. I definitely credit the MoreMilk Plus stuff for this improvement too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:42 pm 
Semen Strong

Hurrah!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:59 pm 

Tofulish wrote:
littlebear wrote:

Me too! This room should really be the bedroom instead of the playground :)

For sure. Afternoon nap = not really I time that I am usually sleepy, so there's a lot of PPKing going on. I can't use the computer though, as the keys would stir little miss. Thank the maker for smartphones!

Good news there Audrey! The not-knowing how much baby is drinking is one of the hardest parts of feeding for me. The More Milk Plus Special Blend did the trick for me too, when I had a drop back at Easter. That stuff is amazing!

Today, Freya nursing like she's never nursed before. She's pretty much a ten minutes max kinda gal, so this half hour+ several times a day is very strange. She's not eating a whole lot of big people food either. Hoping that it's a growth spell and not some illness coming on. She seems fine, except a wee bit cranky but I suspect that's just from some messed up napping today.

Growth spurt..eek...how big is this child going to be?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:22 pm 

Great news Audrey!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:28 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Niiiice Audrey! Congrats!

I have a question that's just curiosity really. So generally I pump both sides after I feed the Magician before his first nap. He nurses one side, and when he's done, I put him down and pump both of them. Almost with fail, I pump about ten minutes and get 8 oz of milk out. But here's the weird bit: without fail it's split 5/3 with the larger amount coming from the side he nursed on.

Is that bizarre? I find it so counterintuitive that there would be MORE in the side that he chugged from.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:18 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I've read that the right breast almost always produces more... could that be it?

And Audrey... Yay! I was so happy to read your update!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:42 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I never heard that about the right boob, but mine totally makes more! That's hilarious. I wonder if it is true and if it is, WHY? It seems so very weird.

Not sure about why there would be more out of the side he nursed from. Is it the same side each time? One thing I have noticed is the flow is faster in the beginning of pumping for the side my son nursed on, but then the other side catches up (in the mornings, it's often just one side, other times it is usually both).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 113  Next